Hero, Don't Kill The Demon King! Chapter 1: Lives Not Yet Thrown Away

Nanami Touko

The fight seemed to be progressing smoothly. Gabriela's side had defeated a lot of the enemies in their line of sight, but it seemed the monsters were still raring to go. It seemed like two of the monsters were having a good time together. It was time to see what's up. 

Gabriela heads to 4,13

''So, it seems that you have..... found quite the treasure there, haven't you?'' Looking at the bodyless head, unease spread across her own body, as if it was infested with tiny insects that would crawl over her. ''Perhaps an introduction is in order, hmm?''

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Ah! Name's Aithlin! We, can probably talk better after my head meets my body!" Despite her worry, the dreadful suit of armor had stopped its movements, sword to the side. 

"Seems I was right..." Lavinia smirked. "Never dealt with a dullahan in person, but... Erephis had good information. Now, help me down and with this head, would you, Gabriela?"

''Uh.... hello there. I suppose so, let me help you with that!''

Turned out, Lavinia needed some help off as well, much to Gabriela's annoyance. ''Yes ma'am, here to serve!''

She takes the head of Aithlin and reunites her with her body. Also, she takes Lavinia and drops her to 5,13.

Lavinia is set!

As Gabriela approached the armor with Aithlin's head, it suddenly moved, arm reaching for-- and taking the Elf in hand!

"Whoa! C-Careful with me... Me!" Without hesitation, the suited body brought its head up, and with almost a snap, it was back on. It took her a moment, but after she began to move her own arms and legs to check things... It seemed Aithlin was back to normal. Whatever normal was, now.

"Holy heck... I don't feel too different, we'll... In terms of being alive and all. But, I feel way stronger than I used to! Let's clear out these losers, and then you can have all the talks you want!"

Aithlin is recruited!

The samurai sword did catch Ayane off guard, what was it doing all the way out here she wondered. Nevertheless she dispatched the wight with some well placed flaming swings with her Astra, graceful as ever! Ayane felt her blood boil after that victory, she was really feeling it! With her blade in hand she swung out at the nearest bonewalking archer before it could loose another arrow at her.

Ayane moves toward 19-2 and swings out her Iron Blade at Archer 4.

Time to move. This group needed to work together, push forward, to make sure they were keeping up with the fight as well as the others were. Not that he could see them, so he could only hope they were surviving. Asami... No. No time for distractions now. Only fighting.

18-1, iron sword a zomboo

Taking his eyes from Ayane for a moment, Ren decides that this was not the appropriate time to admire his cousin as she slashes down their enemies.

Switching to Tonbokiri with a graceful swerve of his arms, the guard turned oni smiled effortlessly as he directs his next attack towards a zombie.

Ren to 20-2, stabs zombie 11 with Tonbokiri

Not being able to avoid the counterattack, he grits his teeth and jumps away afterwards.

"Hmph, watch and learn."

Bridgit to 19-1, blasts zombie 11 with Shade

The Pureblood smirks, lowering her hand as she twirls in the air to turn towards Ren.  "A proper thanks should be enough for now," she replies loftily, resting her free hand against her cheek as she waits for the proper praises.

Ren, on the other hand, simply arches a brow at her before letting out an amusing chuckle.  "Quite the bratty one aren't you?" he simply says, leaning against his weapon as he watches the vampire fluster at his indignity.

"Oh!  You barbarian!" she snaps, huffing and puffing as she turns her back on him, grip on her axe tightening just a smidge.

Things were starting to pick up and go in their favor. Good... Good... At least, battle-wise they were.

It was unfortunate to watch Ren and Bridgit almost start bickering. It really was annoying, as much as Marina wouldn't admit out loud.

Focus, Marina. Focus... It became much more difficult to keep track of the battle, but she had to. They needed to get closer, this needed to end...

Marina to 20-1

Ayane SWINGS!
Roll1: 47,45(71)
Roll2: 20,44(54)
Two swings breaks the bones to bits!
Ayane gains +37 EXP, +6 sword WEXP!

Nessy gives the ol' spidereye the quick zapadoo!
Roll1: 78,34
The spider stabs back!
Roll: 73,66
Miss!
Nessraya spins another spell out!
Roll2: 60,7
BZZZAP
fried spider!
Nessraya gains +28 exp, +3 anima WEXP!
Nessraya levels up!
Level 6!
1    64    93    5    19    5    49    15
+HP/Skl/Spd/Lck/Res

Bladen goes swish!
Roll1: 41,54(12/17)
15 damage!
The zombies tries to swish back!
Roll: 79,33
Way wide!
More swish from the bird!
Roll2: 12,9(13/78)
15 more damage!
Bladen gains +11 EXP, +2 sword WEXP!

Taiyute taiyeets some magic into the remaining fleshbag!
Roll1: 12,38
Down he goes!
Taiyute gains +40 EXP, +2 anima WEXP!
Taiyute levels!
Level 8!
89    27    40    86    72    78    64    78
+Str/Mag

Ren charges the final flesh bopper!
Roll1: 25,62(40)
17 damage!
The flesh swings back once more!
Roll: 38,13
It finds a target! 9 damage!
Ren swings again!
Roll2: 6,88(72)
17 more damage!
Ren gains +11 EXP, +2 lance WEXP!

Bridgit grumpily blasts the rest of it!
Roll1: 8,80
To dust!
10 damage
Bridgit gains +37 EXP, +2 dark WEXP!
Bridgit levels up!
Level 8
54    43    2    36    43    23    83    86
+Mag/Lck

Marina moves!

Taliyah gulps hard and charges at the remaining centaur!
Roll1: 82,28
Just enough!
7 damage!
Taliyah gains +37 EXP, +2 axe WEXP!
Taliyah levels up!
Level 9
86    80    55    34    78    19    23    4
+Lck/Def/Res

"Well, good work handling the dullahan, and for your handling the head, Gabriela. Have a pick me up~"
Dance the bord
+15 exp to asami

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

''Thank you Asami. I suppose i'll repay this favor by unleashing my power on another one of these scourges...''

Gabriela moves to 4,15 and attacks the monster, hoping he goes down.

Things were taking a turn for the better, and this flank at the very least seemed to be thinning out. The woods were a tad too thick to tell how the other fronts were faring, but they could only hope for the best. Unfortunately, things weren't entirely peachy on their end regardless, with some of the newer elements seeming to have a bit of an argument... what a bother.

"Oi! You two, save your ire for the enemy in front of you. I would hate to have to dig into my days as a drill sergeant... not as much as you two would hate it though, I guarantee~"

At Nessy's tone and sudden warning Bridgit let out a small "eep!" before twirling to look at the General.  "B-But I did nothing!" she said in a flustered tone, all while Ren simply sighed as he kept on leaning on his weapon.

"Pleading is unbecoming of you little lady.  Just accept the fault," he offers while giving Ness a nervous smile.  "I do apologize General.  We'll keep our banter to a minimum!" he says as a peace offering, now going back to position while the Pureblood lass bit her nail and suppressed a whine.

She then sighed, before pouting scowling at the oni.  "So long as he leaves us be, then this Bridgit will behave accordingly."

"Hmm, I'll think about it," was his only response, but did nothing else to antagonize the other as he went back to focusing the battle.

"The Hel's your problem!? Give that ba-! Augh!" Xalrei had lunged at Agni as he slipped Requiem from her belt, claws chasing after his hands. However, before she could reclaim the demon blade, the ghoul she had stopped in front of, and very temporarily forgotten about, had lurched forward and swung at her, it's talons raking across her. Letting the theft go unpunished for the moment, she focused on the shambling undead in-front of her, landing two counters on the bulky zombie.

Backing off for the moment she glared at the zombie in-front of her, before turning to her unwanted, yet wanted, companion. "Once we make it out of this mess, if you're still alive, then we can deal with your theft!" 

Xalrei repositions to 8,10, equips the Grand Lance, and activates High Voltage.

Things seemed to be mostly wrapped up around this portion of the forest, though she could see something potentially troubling just over the trees. Two, she assumed, of the group appeared to be facing off against several of the greater abominations! Both were wounded, or at least worn down, and their opponents appeared still to have plenty of fight in them. What were those idiots thinking, biting off more than they could obviously chew? She couldn't relate. Even if she wanted to, she couldn't reach them immediately, instead healing the likewise wounded lizardgirl as she moved closer to the pair.

Sollowy moves to 3,11, heals the local lizard.

Edited by Ursali

That weird, cursed weapon had quickly morphed into a tome for his own purposes, expelling an unique form of dark magic. "Full of surprises, are you..." He seemed exhausted after each spell, in fact, but he couldn't deny its power, he just had to borrow the weapon's strength some more. "Don't fail me now."

Xalrei seemed to protest Agni's antics, to which the knight could only reply with a smug smirk. "Reprimand me when we're both out of here alive, o scaly one." He held back a chuckle after these words --after all, the prospect of serious harm at the hand of the undead wasn't that much of a laughing matter.

Not until they returned those things to the earth.

Agni holds, attacks Wight #4 with Requiem.

Xalrei gets zappy!

"Oh! Ah, h-hello miss fairy! Thank you!"
Taliyah is healed to full!
Sollowy gains 15 EXP!

Agni does a danger!
Roll1: 64,3(27)
Or perhaps a not danger!
30 damage, the bones explode!
Agni gains +77 EXP!
Agni levels up!
Level 10!
98    35    41    37    46    27    11    51
+Str/Spd/Lck!

"Alright... C'mere flesh bag! Let's go!"

Aithlin readies the surprisingly light for her sword, and scowls the ghoul down, smile at the ready!

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Enemy Phase/Turn 6!

The undead spawn contending with Agni attempts to take another swing!
Roll: 27,67
A miss!
Agni counters back with Requiem!
Roll1: 5,76(91)
8 damage!
Roll2: 50,19(79)
A critical!
24 damage!
-6 HP to Agni from Requiem! Agni clings to life with 1 HP!
The hulk of flesh staggers back... And bursts at its seams, crumbling into unrecognizable meat!
Agni gains +37 EXP!

An arrow flies through the trees to try and put Agni down!
Roll: 88.45
A miss!
Agni powers through the drain on his very life!
Roll1: 45,95(97)
16 damage!
Roll2: 59,30(58)
16 more!
The bones are blasted!
Agni gains +30 EXP!
Agni levels!
Level 11
16    76    92    2    58    67    85    98
+HP/Skl!

The Ghoul tries to tear into Xalrei's scales!
Roll1: 91,72
NO
WIDE!
Xalrei counters with her new lance!
Roll1: 31,30
17 damage!
Roll2: 34,70
17 more!
Xalrei gains +14 EXP, +2 lance WEXP!
Xalrei levels!
Level 11
48    80    51    63    2    79    92    64
+HP/Spd!

The Sklatans and the remaining constructs approach!

Ghoul #1 charges at Aithlin!
Roll: 59,26
Almost!
She swings back!
Roll: 14,1
"HaaaAHHH!"
30 damage!
The creature stands, but Aithlin smiles!
"Whew! Guess this new strength works just fine!
Aithlin gains +14 EXP, +2 sword WEXP!

Player Phase/Turn 7!

jqyYBeT.png

After rushing Aithlin, the ghoul was falling apart at the seams. That only left one zombie mage to deal with, as far as Jade could see. She didn't fully trust that, but if that was the case it might be wise to send some of their forces to help the others that had branched off in different directions.

"I'm going to go scout ahead a bit, everyone. Gabriela, if you wouldn't mind peering over the thickets and seeing if you can spot any of our allies and whether they might need our help... Actually," the merchant paused and rustled through a few things, offering the siren some additional spellbooks and other items. "These would probably come in handy for you too, when you do. And why don't I take some of that junk you've scrounged from the fallen enemies for now. I'll hold onto it, keep it safe."

Jade opens convoy:
Deposits Rifle
Deposits Iron Shield
Withdraws Lightning
Withdraws Mage Masher
Withdraws Flux

Jade trades with Gabby:
Dragonspear <--> Lightning
Greatbow <--> Flux
(empty slot) <--> Mage Masher
----------------
(empty slot) <--> Chest Key
(empty slot) <--> Vulnerary

Cantos to 4,20

The enemy wasn't moving in front of them but the enemy behind certainly was. Skeletons were approaching and right now Bladen wasn't interested in waiting around. "Watch the rear, hostiles incoming," he called out as he slipped past those in front of him, before he lunged in at the cloaked zombie in front of him. 

22-2, shank a mage with the steel sword

Taiyute took note of the situation. They needed to press forward. And fast. Watching the fallen one make his move and attacking the large mage, she quickly followed,

"Following up, excuse," She spoke up as she ran up and channeled wind into her fists, quickly freeing that magic as she realized the Fallen had already defeated the creature. "Hmm... Seems help you didn't need. Apologies."

Taiyute moves to 21,3

Edited by Silver Gallade

Swish goes the sword
Roll: 30,1(64/37)
A HARSH blow!
42 damage!
Down goes the mass!
Bladen gains +37 EXP, +2 sword WEXP!

Their newest addition seemed to be more than capable of holding her own. While Jade sorted weaponry, Lavinia set her sights on another nearby construct. "Seems we've thinned the herd quite heavily. We should be done with this soon! Hopefully the reason behind all this lies at the end of all this flesh."

Lavinia to 6,16, pewpew!

Roll: 81,29(36)
20 damage!
Attacked back by FIRE!
Roll: 59,66
13 damage!
Lavinia gains +10 EXP, +1 bow WEXP!

"A-Ah! Miss Lavinia!" Taliyah had scooted closer to get a look at what was going on, shocked by the sudden smell of burnt flesh!

"What? Oh, this? I'm fine. Can't feel it. Gabriela! Take care of problem, would you?"

"Oh... You're welcome, I guess..." Sollowy hadn't expected the lizardgirl to be so thankful, caught off guard by her blatant sincerity. Brushing that off, she turned her attention back to the two idiots who were, somehow, still on their feet. Sighing, she quickly flew over to the dragonewt of the pair, channeling her healing magic into the newt before she could move out of reach. She looked about ready to pounce on the human... Better to just keep silent than to ridicule her; she didn't want to be the target of whatever she was planning.

Sollowy move to 8,11 and heals Xalrei.

Xalrei had managed to avoid the ghoul's claws this time around, the monster only raking it's claws against the tree behind her. Two swift thrusts with her spear and ghoul was barely holding itself together. Inwardly, she couldn't help but feel a little proud of herself, managing to go toe to toe with the bulking creature without Requiem. Speaking of, Agni still had Requiem in his grabby little mitts. She scowled, about to rush him and take it back when suddenly she could feel soothing, maybe even comforting magic flowing into her. She looking up to see a fairy(?) doing her best to avoid making eye contact with her. Weird. 

Back on track, Agni still had Requiem and she was going to take it back. Surging forward, she snatched the cursed weapon from his grasp and turned to the ghoul beside her, shoving the cursed blade through it's skull as soon as it transformed back into a spear, the abomination finally defeated.

"Now, what do you have to say for yourself, taking what isn't yours!?" Her scowl was back on her face, glaring daggers at Agni.

Xalrei moves to 9,9, trades Requiem from Agni, equips it, and attacks the ghoul.

Gabriela was happy to trade some of the heavy stuff she found with Jade. ''Hey.. thanks. I'm really not made to carry all this heavy weaponry. I shall see how our allies our doing, then, as you comma-'' but she couldn't quite finish that sentence, before Lavinia shouted for help. ''Scratch that, I'll finish off that thing before any of that.''

Gabriela flies over to 9,15 and shines the zombie mage.