The sklatons scuttle forward!
One stabs at Ren!
Roll: 46,33
9 whole damage!
Ren stabs back!
Roll: 3,51(23)
12 in return!
Ren gains +11 EXP, +1 lance WEXP!

The hulking mass claws at Marina once more!
Roll: 12,15
She is taken out!
Marina is Down!

Morwen begins to chant!

Player Phase/Turn 9!

8BZguET.png

Marina followed up on Nessraya's attack. She had to, she was the closest, it was the perfect time to...

whiff

Her swing to fell the monstrosity couldn't have missed at the worst time, it was more agile than it looked on the surface. And that claw was even worse. She tried to take what she could, with her right arm, the same one that saved her once from an axe head. Now her jacket had a hole in it; admittedly something she was far more upset about in the grand scheme of things.

It didn't end there either. It still came at her. She poised, ready to dodge a claw swing once again, but she didn't expect the creature, to charge at her with an open palm, rather than just the claws? Was it easier to hit her, just in case she couldn't--

Marina ran out of time to think as she was launched into the wall behind her. Was it a thud? A crunch, snap? She couldn't hear the sound as she felt everything get hazy all of a sudden.

"I-I c-can't..." She tried to form words, trying to keep herself standing, through sheer force of will. How afraid she was about to fail, about to die... The weird part was... it was like Marina had felt it before...

A cough, blood trickling down her lip. Something had been gotten, and Marina ran out of will to force. A quick collapse to the knees, followed by a face first plant into the grass and dirt.

Get up, you can't let this be what kills you... And Marina's body failed to respond.

Marina is Downed!

Edited by Silver Gallade

"Damn it... Marina!" This had been exactly what Nessraya had been working to prevent... one of these unknown beasts getting the upper hand on someone with less practical experience and capitalizing on it... of all the folk it could have happened to though... well the young Hero particularly stung. As much as Nessraya wanted to give the foul amalgamation a thorough roasting, stabilizing Marina's condition had to come first. There were enough of them around that surely someone could finish the beast off... it seemed that Marina herself had only barely failed to do so. To count her blessings, small as they were, Marina had basically fallen at Nessraya's side after impacting the wall, so there wasn't much in the way of travel time necessary. Kneeling down next to the Hero, Nessraya touched her staff to the garish wound on Marina's arm, a quick triage revealing that she had taken a hefty hit across her whole body from the impact, and had specifically taken a blow to the head. Dear oh dear... laying her hands onto the girl in addition to her staff, Nessraya had little choice but to go for more of a brute force all-over approach, taking special care to stabilize Marina's head and neck, but otherwise more pumping magic into the Hero to rapidly heal her whole body rather than focus on anywhere else on her body. As her wounds closed from the torrent of magic, Nessraya helped Marina to her feet, with more haste than the girl would likely appreciate, but we do what we must.

"You and I will need to have words later on about that recklessness, Marina. But for now, getting out of this is paramount. Up we go, now."

Nessraya heals Marina with her heal staff

Marinara is on her feet! Whether she wants to be or not!
Nessraya gains +15 EXP, +2 staff WEXP!

"Hokay! I'm... Gonna, o-open, that chest. Yeah..."
Taliyah scoots to 13,16 and cracks it open!
"Huh... What's... Hyah!" Grabbing the hilt of the sword burns her hand! "Yeowch! What the Hess...?" She tries to pick it up by the scabbard... And is fine!
Taliyah picks up a Blessed Sword!

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Marina's vision went back to focus, and suddenly she was moving. Realizing, looking up to see Nessraya getting her off the ground, Marina took hold of the succubus and got back from off the ground. She coughed, briefly. Wiping her face, she got the blood that had trickled off, sighing. Already, as she got up, she was once again criticized for her recklessness. This time, she thought she was fine. And she wasn't.

"Right, s-sorry..."

That same moxie to move forward wanted to push Marina forward, but she wasn't ready to be taken down by something again. A sigh, she kept her focus back south where they were being engaged by more skeletons.

Marina holds her position.

Taiyute came forward to assist while Nessraya healed the hero. She shot the beast with some of her magic, assisting in what she could to get rid of the behemoth.

Taiyute moves to 21,11, winds a giant whatever it is!

Edited by Silver Gallade

Ren simply laughs at her snarling, a soothing sound in the midst of all this chaos.  "You know I jest cousin!  Quite the temper, tsk tsk," he wiggles a finger at her even as the other moves away from him.  Humming to himself now, he contemplates his next move before settling with targeting one of the corpses that Taiyute just finished attacking.

"Allow me?" he offers, switching weapons in one fluid motion as he fell the corpse with the yari.  "Don't think I've introduced myself properly, the name's Ren!" 

Ren offers small talk while yeeting the corpse and moves to 22,9

Bridgit moves to 21,8

Edited by sweet podado

Taiyute Taiyeets
Roll: 5,16
6 damage!
Taiyute gains +12 EXP, +1 anima WEXP!

Ren jabs!
Roll: 90,48(73)
8 damage!
An almost miss, but the mass collapses backwards and breaks apart!
Ren gains +44 EXP, +2 lance WEXP!
Ren levels!
Level 9
54    40    12    30    33    50    89    96
+Str/Mag/Skl/Spd!

This wasn't great. The Hero had gone and gotten herself knocked out and while the General could heal her, that meant she wasn't around to help deal with the approaching horde. Letting out a irritated noise, Bladen looked at the weapons their enemies held and then glanced over at the newest vampiric addition to their party. At least a few of those were bad news for the poor girl... They would have to make a stand here.

"Ayane, I need your help. We need to be a wall against these beasts. Maybe if we can weaken them a bit, Nessraya can help us once she's done dealing with... the Hero." He still couldn't bring himself to call her by her name. It still hurt a little too much.

21-7, vuln self

A wall, huh? Ayane wasn't the defensive type, that was more Ren's thing. But in a situation like this she could make an exception, especially considering the fact that Marina dropped to the floor. 'I knew she was placing too much of a burden upon herself...' "Understood." She agreed with Bladen's request and formed up, her sword hand ready and able.

Ayane moves toward 22-7 and takes a defensive position.

Edited by TheRoon

Jade winced as the Cerberus bit her. It wasn't painful, her condition dulled that pretty heftily, but it certainly was uncomfortable. While this development ran counter to her hope, it was somewhat expected. At least it was far from the worst scenario! All of the heads could have attacked, and yet two had not. The poor mutt seemed to be all sorts of confused. Clucking her tongue, the zombie reprimanded the beast, trying as best she could to direct the disapproval at the head responsible.

"No! Bad dog. No biting," she exhorted, bringing the fingers of her free hand down to lightly bap the offending snout on the nose. Having grown up around various animals, she knew better than to try to pull her hand free, that would likely only trigger the fight response worse, so Jade had to try other tactics. This one, didn't quite prove as effective as she'd hoped, however, with the one head continuing to chew on her trapped hand while the others remained more or less unchanged, the right still barking at the left, and the center seemingly wishing it had been born on some other body.

Sighing, the merchant switched gears, pushing inward with the hand inside the mouth, hoping to unsettle or unbalance the left head from the unusual response, while she brought her other hand gently up, slowly up, scratching beneath the chin of the center head. "You know, you really should be more like... Medius," she bargained with the left head while naming the one she was rewarding. "...Or even Dexter," she added, carefully moving her scritches around to the side of the outer neck and up towards the ears of the right head. "Both of them are a far sight better than your behavior right now."

"Just shut up and go back to worrying about your Hero, then! Since that's all you ever do." Xalrei was just fine shooting back at Agni, plenty irritated from having to fight directly along side the human for so long. "Whatever..." Even as he praised her for felling the Cerberus she couldn't find it in herself to be entirely civil, brushing right passed his gratitude.

It was only after she turned her attention away from Agni that she focused on the change happening in her hands, the damaged blade becoming more whole before her eyes. It could do that? What else was it capable of? Of course, with it's repaired state came more demands from the demon blade, which she'd been ignoring for the most part during her and Agni's predicament. Who'd have thought fighting for your life makes it easy to drown out things that can talk inside your head? However, that wasn't their current situation, Requiem taking up most of her attention now that the coast was clear for a moment. 

'I can feel it. You feel more, stable? I guess.' Stable probably wasn't the right word, but Xalrei didn't have another. 'I'm not going to stop using you, so you don't need to worry about that.' But she wasn't going to exclusively use it, either. As powerful as it was, it wasn't the answer for everything. 'But if you're going to complain about me using other weapons, the least you could do it turn into an axe..."

Of course, now that she was distracted by Requiem, Taliyah was suddenly dropped on her, Xalrei barely managing to catch the relatively light lizardgirl, stumbling back some. "W-Woah! Some warning would've been nice..." Agni was quick to interfere, helping her friend down even though Xalrei was holding her just fine once she caught her balance. Once Taliyah was away, Xalrei was off herself. But, as she passed Agni, she just couldn't keep her mouth shut. "I didn't need your help, human."

Xalrei moves to 14,10.

Sollowy moves to 14,11 and heals Xalrei.

Edited by Ursali

The left head seemed to stop its crunching of her hand after there was no immediate effect, especially so once the other heads began to receive affection. Even the right head stopped barking at the sudden petting and scritching, the middle pleased with its good behaviour. With a dejected whimper, it let go of Jade's hand, lowering itself in embarrassment.

"Jade!?" Lavinia's voice came from a bit away, causing the Cerberus to go on alert once more. "Where are you!? Ugh, damned horses, I can only keep up to much..."

"Hey, boss vampire lady, should we really be chasing after her so far? Can't she handle herself?"

"Probably, but I don't want to leave anything to chance with all this nonsense going on."

The undead continue to chase slowly after Jade.
Also Sollowy gets 15 exp for healing

"Pretty barren? Okay. If the group that went that way is clear, we should quickly regroup with Marina and the others. Don't take too long, okay?" Putting Taliyah down, Agni let the girl do her thing.

"Sure, sure. Didn't need my help. Let's go regroup now while we can." Despite Xalrei's feisty behavior, one thing was true enough: He was worried about Marina, and it was long time to see how she was faring.

Unfortunately, the terrain was bent on giving them trouble...

Agni goes to (12,10), as far as he can get through these woods...

Edited by Xinnidy

While Gabriela flew, she spotted Agni, trying to find his way in the woods.

''Hey, there, Agni. You're looking more than a little lost in there. I do hope you made sure Taliyah is safe, yes? Oh, why am I even asking, of course she is. You're rather handsome.... for a mere human. Here, you should get on my back. I'll help you get where you need to be. Now, hop on.''

With that tangent over, Gabriela flies over to 12,9 and rescues Agni.

Okay, that seemed to be having good effect. The bit of whine coming from the previously bitey head was actually cute. Jade gave it a conciliatory pat with her injured hand; if it didn't like the drool and slobber, it had nobody to blame but itself. Then came the calling from Lavinia, and the zombie felt a twinge of guilt for having sped so far ahead. The vampire sounded seriously worried. The addition of new sounds, new stimulus seemed to put the cerberus back on edge some though, so with a "Pspspss," to get its attention back on her again, Jade did her best to calmly explain.

"They're friends, just... be calm, wait. You'll like them. I'm sure of it." Then slowly, to avoid causing any alarm, she moved from the dog's front to its side, turning to face back the way she came as she switched from headpats to shoulder rubs--easier to accomplish and didn't show the favoritism that would have come naturally without her having three hands.

Then, the merchant raised her voice and called back, hopefully putting a damper on her friends' worries. "I'm fine, I'm fine! I'll wait here for you. Haven't run into anything I couldn't handle. Woods look mostly empty up here... though, I might have found a new friend..."

Jade idles, continuing to pet the dog

Edited by Balcerzak

Asami lays about like the lazy fox that she is.

Enemy Phase/Turn 9!

"Rise! RiSE! CreATurEs FroM bEneaTH tHE eaRTh!

Morwen's fervent chanting brings force a small quake!
Trembling footsteps approach...

A claw bursts from the earth, while others dig at the ground, approaching from tunnels!
Dragon zombies spawn!

"Kill them aLL!"

The mogalls and the ghoul form up around Morwen!
The dragons approach!

The sklatons have finally caught up!
#4 stabs at Bladen!
Roll: 59,31
Pain!
11 damage!
Bladen counters!
Roll: 13,65(61/65)
14 damage in return!
Bladen gains +11 EXP, +1 sword WEXP!

#3 comes for Ayane!
Roll: 84,71
Miss!
Ayane counters!
Roll1: 87,33
Miss!
Roll2: 86,76
Miss!!

#5 throws a lance at Bladen!
Roll: 7,9
Hit!
10 damage!

Player Phase/Turn 10!

The wolf pauses at Jade's claim, before calming down... The quaking steps causes it to turn, growl, and let off several barks, before scampering away!

The wolf leaves! For now...

"Jade, what was... Good Gods!" Lavinia catches sight of the dragon, gawking in disbelief! "Run!"

1Bjcwf6.png

Xalrei was at least beginning to comprehend the situation, but Requiem had little to say about the lizard woman's preferences in combat. The cursed blade didn't really care about--nor truly grasp--the advantages or disadvantages of one weapon versus another. Combat wasn't a matter of strategy and tactics or disciplines, it was a feast for power. Requiem was only able to take the form of a weapon most suited to its wielder. Were Xalrei to suddenly become most proficient striking and whipping enemies with her tail, Requiem would transform and extend her reach when held. It was a simple and effective arrangement.

It probably couldn't hurt to entice her a bit more, though. 'As this power grows, so does the potential of all forms. Keep fighting, Xalrei ...'

The incoming horde had closed in on them, and with even more foul beasts being summoned in between them and the summoner... even larger beasts, zombified dragons at that... they needed to clear the encroaching horde at their rear. Turning to Marina, the hero was still clearly shaken, but... they needed her at her best for the time being.

"Marina, I'm counting on you. If we don't remove that horde in one fell swoop, we'll be overwhelmed. Follow my lead." Nessraya noted, before beginning her assault, calling down dark thunder on the skeleton taking cover with the trees.

Ness attacks Skeleton 3 with Dark Thunder

Nessraya casts Dark thunder!
Roll: 15,87
The skeleton is rattled by the streaming dark energy, and collapses into a pile of bones!
Nessraya gains +14 exp!

"What in Hess's name-"

Not needing to step on the ground on account to her floating, Bridgit still notices the tremors as more enemy reinforcements appear from beneath the earth.

"By the goddess, necrodragons..." she says aghast, feeling nauseous before composing herself enough to where she could attack one of the skeletons near them.  "Enough of these disgusting things!"

Bridgit yeeteths the skeleton 5 after moving to 22,6!

Taiyute's attack was quickly followed by one of the oni. A good move, a little too close for comfort, but that disgusting mass was done with. "My name, Taiyute... err, not best time for words, I don't... speak well. Sincere apologies." She bowed her head, quickly changing targets back to the skeletons that caught up to them from the south. With the sudden arrival of what looked like necro dragons... one of the two had to be eliminated right now.

"General, I must... borrow this."

Takes Thunder, moves to 21,8, shoots some fist-sized Wind at Skelly 4!

Nessraya was counting on Marina. That meant the world to her, that's what she needed. She nodded, "I won't let you down, Nessraya." She only hoped considering what had just happened, she wasn't about to eat her words. But that wouldn't stop her. Her people were in trouble, so she'd give what she had to protect them. From whatever it may be from the skeletons, or to even the dragons that just arrived.

Marina moves to 21,6, Iron Swords Skelly 5!

Edited by Silver Gallade

Taiyute winds some more!
Roll: 100,33
Whew!
The bones are blown apart!
Taiyute gains +37 EXP, +2 anima WEXP!
Taiyute levels up!
Level 9
76    4    39    99    92    6    22    67
+Str/Mag/Lck!

Marina is back on her feet!
Swingin'!