Hero, Don't Kill The Demon King! Chapter 1: Lives Not Yet Thrown Away

Nanami Touko

"Taiyute?  Quite the name from someone who comes from the elemental planes," he compliments, waving off her apology with a hand and a smile.  "No need to worry, just have to focus on the enemies at hand." 

With that said, he waits for the other to finish with the tome before politely taking it from her to do take down another skeleton.

Ren to 21,7, trades Thunder from Taiyute and THUNDERcats the skelly

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ren's flirting usually annoys Ayane, most of all on the battlefield. But she was too entranced by her aching blood to really reign him in. That and the battle was before them, an opportunity to sate her desire. Speaking of which, she found the closest (and most unfortunate) bonewalker near her and rushed toward it with a great roar and an even greater swing.

Ayane moves toward 21,5 and trains her Orochinagi on Skeleton 1

Edited by TheRoon

''Alright, handsome, you're a bit heavier than Taliyah, so I can't go as fast with you on my back, I hope you understand...''

Gabriela flies over to 16,8 with Agni still on her back.

''Tell me, how do you enjoy flying on the back of a real siren? I bet it's unlike anything you've ever ridden before.''

Zip zap ZOP!
Ren fries some bones!
Roll1: 53,22(23)
15 damage!
Roll2: 52,91(4)
Heaven's rended!
... For an extra 1 damage.
16 damage
The sklaton is done for!
Ren gains +34 EXP, +3 anima WEXP!

Ayane slice and dices!
Roll1: 57,91(22)
15 damage!
The skeleton swings back!
Roll: 56,90
He misses!
Ayane cleans up!
Roll2: 75,42(48)
Swift and deadly
Ayane gains +37 EXP, +3 sword WEXP!
Ayane levels up!
Level 9
49    53    12    41    71    63    70    2
+HP/Str/Skl/Res!

Jade had been prepared for many things. The earth quaking and shaking was not one of them. Caught off balance, she instinctively reached out to support herself on the cerberus, only to find that it had darted off somewhere, after having delivered several barks. And now, with nothing to catch her fall, the merchant landed splendidly on her ass.

"Don't laugh," she grumbled, standing back to her feet. But Lavinia was too busy staring at something that had appeared behind her, apparently. Turning to check, the zombie frowned. That certainly was a dragon. A zombie dragon at that. There was an almost unpleasant familiarity to it as well, but Jade had no idea why she felt that way. If there was any pattern to things, it shouldn't be any different than the wights or ghouls they'd been facing up till now. But...

She narrowed her eyes, staring at the beast. "...This couldn't possibly be the wayward spirit we came here to settle down, could it?" Jade didn't quite believe that. But whether it was or not, could they really just look the other way? Making some haste back to her nightmare, the zombie quickly took her rifle and carefully loaded it. "I doubt its wings will hold it in that state, and as bulky as it is, it will probably have quite the time tackling all this undergrowth. We should at least try some hit and run tactics while retreating and gauging its strength."

Perhaps that was bold of her to suggest. Perhaps the vampire's instincts were more correct. But Jade had been having a good run lately, and was inclined to press her luck. Riding just close enough to take a decent shot, she then wheeled Deep Vermillion back around and cantered back, meeting up with her companions.

Jade to 11,20, Rifle Draco Zombie the Third, canto back to 6,20

"JADE!"

Jade rushes forward to fire at the dragon!
Roll: 26,61
10 damage!
Jade gains +15 EXP, +2 gun WEXP!

"What were you thinking!?" There seemed to be visible damage from the blast, but now the dragon was aiming at them, even if its crawl was slow. Its jaws could still crush steel, and any limb would smash an entire person's body! "Gods be with us, at least they're undead, but this, this is... Hess protect me." Lavinia was not one for religion, but these circumstances called for all protection.

"Stay behind me," Lavinia ordered, stepping ahead of Jade's nightmare. "If we're going to make this work... At least let me do what I'm best at."

Lavinia moves to 7,20, fishes the greatbow out, and heals Jade's...

"And you got bitten by something? You're going to make my heart restart, and then give it an attack. Jade, please..."

... And heals Jade's bite wound.
+15 EXP, +2 staff WEXP
Lavinia levels up!
Level 11
99    64    20    22    96    48    43    65
+Mag/Skl/Def

"I, uh..." Aithlin took a step back and glanced around the brush, for... "Hey! Foxy lady! We, uh, got a dragon problem! Can you help?"

Asami sighed. "Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine. I was enjoying my break, though..."

Aithlin to 3,17, bark
Asami to 4,17, dance!

"Thanks! You use that fancy light magic, right? We'll melt it good!"

"How are you so chipper in the face of nearly certain death...?"

"Well... If I'm a dullahan now, I guess I've already 'died'. Doesn't seem as scary anymore!"

Aithlin to 4,20

Taliyah scurries to 12,12, and keeps trying to get the sword out to look at, like a dumb dumb.

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Xalrei was by herself now, well, not really; the fairy from before was still hovering overhead after healing her wounds. More to the point, she wasn't feeling any less peeved now that Agni wasn't shooting off his mouth around her, or being annoying in some other way. The air wasn't any better than when they'd arrived, the magic inside it foul and tainted. Perhaps that was what had been tainting her mood? Or maybe it was the many unanswered questions still eating at her. Questions that a certain fox was going to answer, one way or another. Before that train of thought could get anywhere, however, it was interrupted by Morwen's chanting and subsequent tiny earthquake as an undead dragon clawed its way to the surface.

It hadn't yet sunk in that most of the things she had been fighting had probably been living things, at least at some point. Now, seeing her own kind's bodies raised from their slumber to fight at whoever's behest, it finally clicked into place. Xalrei was more than enraged at the sight before her. The audacity of this bitch! 

"Whoever's responsible for this, I'm gonna kill them as painfully as possible!" 'Requiem, give me all you've got! I'm going to need it!'

Xalrei moves to 17,11 and whacks the spider with Requiem.

Though she didn't feel the rumbling of the earth, Sollowy could just as much hear the chanting and see the dracozombie claw its way to the surface. While she was committed to purifying this place if at all possible, her own survival was at the top of that list. She couldn't carry out her mission if she returned to a seed now could she? "W, We should probably--" Sollowy couldn't even finish her sentence before the dragonewt below her was yelling rushing off... Right towards the undead dragon. Did that girl have a death wish!? She didn't want to run off alone, what if there were more lurking below the earth?

"We really should turn around," Sollowy offered to the dragon as she wailed on one of the creations in front of her, rejuvenating the magic her weapon appeared to be draining from her. Not that she expected her words to reach the girl.

Sollowy moves to 17,10 and heals Xalrei.

Xalrei stabbo!
Roll1: 84,46
6 damage!
The spider attempts to stab back!
Roll: 42,83
Miss!
Xal swings again!
Roll2: 80,27
Critical!
18 damage!
Xalrei gains +11 EXP, +2 lance WEXP!

Sollowy flies in and heals her!
+15 exp!

Enemy Phase/Turn 10!

Things move!

Player Phase/Turn 11!

Lavinia heals!

cYLpjqD.png

"Just die already, you damn spider thing!" While the dracozombie was the focus if her ire, this punching bag of a monstrosity wasn't going to be left to potentially bite her in the ass once she could focus on the dragon.

Xal stabbos the spider again.

The skeletons are done with. Now for that dragon... the idea of killing a dragon admittedly left a poor taste in Marina's mouth considering her party. However, she'd do what she could to get out of this funk. That's when, she had an idea. A bit of a dumb idea, but one that could work.

Moving towards the dragon, Marina knew she didn't stand a chance against it without the holy sword. So instead, she would someone else who could take it on. "Taiyute," She called to the elemental as she passed by, disappointed that this was the first real time she's talked to her. "I have an idea, if you'd follow my lead."

Then, she passed by Nessraya, tapping her shoulder, and taking the Blizzard tome from her, "I need to borrow this for a moment Nessraya, you'll get it right back."

Marina moves to 21,10, trades her Rapier with Nessraya's Blizzard!

Taiyute was wondering what the hero was cooking in her head. Taiyute caught on quick, nodding as she also moved into position,

"I do understand Miss Marina. Let us destroy this enemy." Taking the tome from Marina, Taiyute opened it, and commenced attempted destruction on the dragon.

Taiyute moves to 21,11, takes Marina's Blizzard, and brushes chilly shit on the dragon!

Well, it seemed like the dragon had the spider handled well enough, nor was she going to listen to a word she had to say. Fine, then, she wasn't going to waste her magic on the violent girl, then. Rather, it seemed a wiser solution was to finish what that blue? Woman had started and work on felling the dragon zombie before it had a chance to crush one of them between it's jaws.

Sollowy moves to 19,11 and blasts the dragonzombie with liiiiiiight.

Ren zips, Ren zaps!
Roll1: 29,24(73)
Roll2: 91,48(84)
8 damage!
Ren gains +16 exp, +2 anima WEXP!

Sollowy engages lightning!
Roll1: 32,20
Roll2: 27,53
12 damage!
Sollowy gains +16 EXP!

Nessraya decides the dragon is over!
Roll: 83c,68
34 damage
The dragon is ICED!
Nessraya gains +64 EXP, +2 anima WEXP!
Nessraya levels!
Level 8!
43    65    46    83    24    64    95    3
+Hp/Mag/Spd/Res!

The dragon was still approaching them, seemingly unbothered by the bullet it had just taken. "Hess protect me, we're doing this, it seems. Here we go!"

Lavinia moves to 11,19, wrenches the greatbow's drawstring back, and fires off an arrow!
Roll: 27,47(1)
Luna!
Lavinia deals 22 damage!
She gains +15 EXP, +2 bow WEXP!

"Wh-What? That works during the day...!?" Lavinia was quite surprised to see her magic functioning while the sun was up, but... "Perhaps a combination of the magic here, and the mist blocking the sun... Whatever it is, Jade, we may have a real chance, now!"

Taliyah hurry scurries to 13,10!

Jade honestly hadn't been prepared for the full lecture Lavinia seemed intent on giving her. She'd been pretty sure she hadn't done anything worth scolding, not really. ...maybe a little bit with the cerberus... But that had turned out fine! And the vampire hadn't even been around to see the dangerous bits! Plus, her hand had almost fully healed by the time the knight employed her staff, so why was she getting the nth degree?

Nerves. It had to be. The girl was just worried. Best to simply shut up and take it for now, talk it out later then. Boundaries, risk levels, expectations. They had a lot of things to sort out, probably more they wouldn't realize until something else cropped up. It did hurt a little, being treated as something just to be protected, but that feeling swiftly melted after Lavinia took a shot herself, and saw how vulnerable the dragon carcass really was. 'Jade, we may have a real chance now,' was an concession. And more than that, an invitation to join in, one she gladly accepted.

Jade to 10,20, fire Rifle at Draco Zombie 3, canto back to 7,20 before realizing Lavinia wasn't coming back too

Bang goes the rifle!
Roll: 72,95
10 more damage!
Jade gains +15 EXP, +2 rifle WEXP!

"What's all the fuss abou-- Oh." Asami turned the corner, to see a dragon being assaulted by their undead compatriots. "Fun! How about a round two, Jade?"
Asami moves up to 6,20 and dances the zombie.
+15 EXP
Asami levels!
Level 9
71    42    16    8    15    99    51    72
+Str/MagSkl/Spd!

"I'll, uh... Take point!"
Aithlin moves to 9,20!

"Oh, thank you Asami. How about you, Lavinia, you also ready for another pass?" Turning to check, Jade felt something fall in her chest--figuratively only, thank goodness-when she realized the vampire hadn't followed her back.

Ah, this must be exactly what she was feeling.

"Oh..." A bit of a falling tone as she gave voice to realization. Well then, only one thing to be done. Chambering the next round in the rifle, she wheeled DV back around and rejoined Lavinia. She felt like she should say something, but all the jokes about how 'hit and run requires running,' fell flat in her mind, and she still refused to admit that she was wrong.

"Another couple more, looks like. If we can keep doing it just like we have been..." Neutral, no it was a bit weak, even. But... Whatever. Jade stopped breathing and fired her gun.

Jade to 10,20, fire Rifle at Draco Zombie 3, remain in position.

"Just be careful," was all Jade got as another round was lined up to take out the dragon!

Roll: 35,18
BAM!
The barrel fires hot!
30 damage!

"Did that...?" The corpse recoiled in fabricated pain, before slowly and steadily collapsing onto its side, and beginning to degrade. Rapidly. "We killed it... Good Hess' ghost, that was far too stressful... And you! Just... Ugh! I know you're capable, but... H-How, am I suppose to make this work between us, if you run off and get yourself killed again." Lavinia felt she was definitely being too harsh on Jade, but... "Just, don't. Leave me alone. Again. Please..." Hopefully Jade could understand what she meant... There was a bit too much baggage to ignore the lump of stress filling her.

Jade gains +77 EXP, +4 gun WEXP!

Jade levels!
Level 12!
26    37    41    80    30    93    2    70
+HP/Def

Enemy Phase/Turn 11!

"Fight, my minions! FIGHT!"

Morwen commands her monsters to charge forth!

Player Phase/Turn 12!

TaOWSFP.png