Hero, Don't Kill The Demon King! Chapter 1: Lives Not Yet Thrown Away

Nanami Touko

Aithlin nodded along with Ren's hiding of his secret, smiling a bit before moving to pat him on the back. "I know when to take a hint~ Instead of worryin' about all that... Let's see which one of us can drink the other under the table, eh~?" Hopefully Ren was up for it. Aithlin didn't mind drinking alone, but it was forever better to have someone that would laugh along with you.

Lavinia was rather uncomfortable learning all of this while having had such a nonchalant day out. This had all happened while they'd been mindlessly shopping and simply walking around the town... "I've been careless... What a mess this is. Thank you for letting me know, and don't think about going anywhere. You're coming with me. Agni, Bridgit, you two as well. I need to see her to the fort." Amera needed to know all of this if she didn't already, and to see to this girl. Perhaps they could find Nessraya while they were at it...

"I'm, n-not, sad! I'm just... I'm t-too happyyyyy...!" Taliyah managed to explain her tears, somewhat, between her sobs and sniffles, burying herself against Marina further as she was showered with praise that she just couldn't completely accept. It was more than appreciated though... And it was helping to steel a resolve that she'd been trying to build for months now.

"Yes... Leaving parts, just fine. I will... Find workable frame. Bring payment tomorrow... We finish, early." Vanessa was getting moderately excited to work on this now, even if it would be troublesome, but with multiple hands on deck, hopefully things would work out for the better...

"Er... Yesss, I'll make ssure to asssk you about your abilitiess later, Sseilan. Maybe I'll have the tome in working order, by then." To get it functioning in such a short time would be nothing less than a miracle, but seeing Seilan mess with the natural properties of magic so seamlessly was giving her some new motivation to actually make her idea into a reality. It would be a large step up for mage corps to not have to rely on experienced staff users to engage in status effects during combat.

Morning game with an unusual quiet... It wasn't until before noon that it was disturbed, and with quite the crash. A large boulder rocked Tepel's streets, nearly crushing another house. Ithraxl's men were here.

"Surrender the fort, and we will guarantee the lives of the civilians living here!" A voice boomed over the city, carried by wind magic. "I am Vozk, second in command to Ithraxl! You have admirably held this fort, but no longer... I will not offer you this twice, Amera Kasrian!"

The beast girl had been in the main fort of the city, going over defense plans when the trebuchet struck, running out to the nearest window in time to catch the demands of the enemy general... "Dammit... Ugh, men! Combat stations! It's time to defend the city once again!" Hopefully this time, with the hero's little group, they'd be able to do a lot more than that...

Lavinia had been going over her armor, thinking pleasant thoughts of the evening before, when the rock struck and the demand was made. She barely had time to finish fastening her gauntlets and grabbing her bow, before militia were storming towards the city walls. "Alright... Looks like that Nisha girl was right. Nessraya's appearance has made quite the stir." Lavinia didn't have to gather the rest of the group for them to know that it was time to engage. Hopefully none of them were predisposed...

Turn 1/Player Phase!

https://i.imgur.com/B8gZgu3.png

Objective: Survive for 8 turns!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was nearly noon, as fitting a time for a lunch break as any, and Jade had been walking her nightmares, getting them a little bit of exercise and attention, when the attack came. A small bit of fortune that, mixed in with the bad. Even with her rifle, it didn't look like she'd be able to fire past the fort walls at any oncoming foe, if there was to be fighting, it would have to be after they breach. In the meantime, several of the nearby houses still seemed to be occupied, and they were much too close to the range of falling rocks. Time to warn some citizens to evacuate for the time being.

Jade equip Rifle, Visit 3,33, canto to 4,31

Upon entering the house, Jade found it relatively undisturbed, save for a few leftover plates and some still warm food on the table... Before a sword swing out at her from the shadows! "Gaoooo! Out! Out!!"

Jade certainly hadn't been expecting that reaction. Slow to react as she was, the sword only skittered along the shield as she raised it, slowing but not stopping before it bit into her side. Frowning at the thought of a new scar for her collection, she narrowed her eyes as she appraised her attacker. Scared, upset, and not without reason. Sighing, the zombie explained the purpose of her visit.

"It's not safe here, we've got to move you deeper into the city, were the rocks won't fall. You can do that, right?"

The beast girl gave Jade a confused stare. It took her a moment to process the words, but she slowly nodded, pulling her sword away from Jade... Who she was surprised was still standing despite getting a sword in her side. "I... S-Sorry. Amera, say hide. I, hide... There, is fight? Outside?"

Good, actual conversation. She's stopped attacking and is listening. Nodding and with a bit of a sad smile, Jade answered. "It seems that way. The enemy hasn't crossed the walls in person, not yet. But that doesn't mean there isn't danger, and they might make their way in soon."

Another, closer look. This girl didn't seem to be a child, despite her difficulty speaking. With Amera's name on her lips it was clear she knew the captain of the guard here, but from appearance alone Jade doubted she was the beastfolk's kin. But maybe there was still something there she could use to help persuade?

"Amera was General Nessraya's friend right? I've been travelling with Nessraya, she's actually pretty close by outside. Would you like to see her?" Mentally, the merchant apologized to the general, for getting her mixed up in this, but hopefully it would keep the girl pacified, and help to get her to safety.

"Ah! Yes! General friend! Amera, love her. Talk lots... Uh... Like to see? I see earlier..." She was confused by what Jade meant specifically, but one thing was for sure... "If... Men attack city, I help! Good with sword... Very strong! You let me fight, yes?"

Well, that was a little troublesome. Jade didn't really want to get in trouble with Amera for letting this girl fight, especially when she had told the girl to hide, but on the other hand, being out in the open would give her a better chance of avoiding any stray boulders from the trebuchets. Not to mention, her enthusiasm was contagious.

Laughing and reaching up to tousle the hair between her ears, the zombie answered, "Well, you definitely can swing a sword, there is that. Only a couple of worries about letting you fight, but if you can promise me you'll watch out for those, I can't really see the harm. One, don't attack any of the people on our side. Two, don't attack anyone stronger than you are. Think you can manage that?"

The girl was hesitant of the hand at first, but quickly warmed up to the attention, tail wagging furiously behind her. "Y-Yes! Suki, do that! Promise~ I good at orders." She was very clearly also good at receiving pets, the sword in her hand almost falling out of her grasp as she enjoyed the attention between her ears.

Oh no, that was kind of adorable. Fighting back a laugh, Jade pulled her hand back, and let it hang by her side. She didn't press it up against the wound for two reasons: it wouldn't do all that much in the first place, and she didn't want to worry the girl that she'd actually hurt her. Turning around and beginning to walk out of the house, she called back a final warning. "My horses might look scary, but as long as you don't mean me any harm, they won't hurt you. Don't be afraid when you see them."

Suki definitely looked disappointed when the petting stopped, but she nodded at Jade's warning. "Y-Yes... I, not afraid. Ready to fight!"

Edited by Balcerzak

Bladen chased after Xal, making sure his sword belt was tightened. As they made their way to the walls, they met up with a few others of their group, as well as a human Bladen only sort of recognized. He must have been a part of the defense force, but Bladen wasn't going to question it now. He was with Tai and Erephus and that was good enough for him. Drawing his sword, he nodded towards a few nearby houses. "We should check to make sure everyone is ok and that they lock their doors and stay inside. This could get ugly and we don't want innocents caught up in it."

Bladen to 27-36, visit the house!

Edited by scorri

After her dealing with Xalrei had been settled, Amera and Nessraya met back up at the fort with Seilan for one more thing. Nisha, a half-wraith that Lavinia had brought by, had asked to be picked up into their group directly. Amera remembered the girl from the last recruitment drive, someone she hadn't expected to be as strong as she looked, and her odd ability to phase into shadows. Some sort of magic that she didn't have a complete grasp on... She'd seen the ordeal with that church knight as well, from what Lavinia had said. They needed to get a grasp on things as best as they could, so while speaking to her about why she wished to join up, Nessraya could try and figure out how her magic functioned, and they could try to get an extra details from the situation with Ayane.

"Alright, little missy," Amera began, heading into the meeting room with Nessraya once more, this time with a yawn. Seilan was already there; Amera hoped his waiting with the wraith hadn't been too awkward. "Sell Nessraya over here on why you should be picked up as more than someone to defend the fort... She say anything while you were with her, Seilan?" Amera knew the girl was strong, but was she a proper soldier? Working with Lavinia didn't just end on defeating Ithraxl, they were a group tasked with saving Vaia as a vague goal. "Just wanna make sure you understand that this group is going to continue on from here once we've protected Tepel... The fighting doesn't end until Thesephine says so. You know. Demon King. Ruler of Vaia? They're working for her..."

So this was the General and the Guard Captain... she had seen both at a distance before, but this was her first time interacting closely with either. Well, mostly interacting at all, her only prior experience with the Captain being a general recruitment drive for the Fort's defense. At least their arrival would kill the silence that had permeated the room while she had been waiting with the human mage.

"I had gather that much... a group containing such high-profile members wouldn't be working independently... that serves my purposes just fine anyway. A long-term contract from a reliable source is way more secure than hopping from recruitment board to board. As for what I can offer, well... I don't know if you remember me from the drives, but I would say that my abilities are rather... unique. Miss Lavinia can attest to that, although I'm not quite sure how much she told you before handing me off. I would hope that the fact she referred me to you at all would at least somewhat vouch for me as a base line." Nisha replied, watching the duo. She had seen the mage around town a bit, this Seilan character... the demi-wraith couldn't help but wonder what his involvement in this moment was, but surely it would come to light soon enough.

"Hmm, yes... Lavinia did make vague mention of your magic... Amera, if you do recall seeing her in action, would you mind giving me your opinion? It's always good to hear from an outside source." Nessraya chimed in, floating by the doorway. This undead girl... she didn't give off much of an imposing presence, but it wasn't like the General herself did either, unless she was preparing her magic. It wasn't anything to go off of, at any rate.

It was certainly an odd feeling, being asked to attend this little recruitment meeting. Part and parcel of being one of Tepel's (newly-appointed) officers though it may have been, he still hardly qualified - as an evaluator of potential recruits, and furthermore as one of the Vaian force's representatives - so for the time being he had been content enough to say little until someone else more suitable to the task arrived.

"Ah, Amera, there you are... No, we've not spoken much yet." It was... somewhat odd, actually - he hadn't felt particularly compelled to break the long silence, not being unnerved by it. It was rather like being dimly aware of someone in the background while reading a book, but not wanting to break focus... he wasn't yet fully aware of the full extent of her abilities, but perhaps this was one aspect of them. He could at least give that some thought; moreso than he would be able to speak of her skills with her weapons, at least.

"You're looking for something like an extended mercenary contract, then... Fair enough. Makes sense to follow important people if you're looking for a good contract, after all. It's good thinking, so long as you can handle the work; though, you seem quite confident about that." Her motives were clear enough, if ambitious. Not that he could say his own were much better in most circumstances, of course. Still, that kind of confidence could prove useful, so long as it wasn't baseless; these abilities of hers were beginning to pique his interest as well.

"Got courage to spare, I suppose." Amera sighed, rubbing her temples, her face, and then resting into a chair with a hefty flop. "Yeah, her magic's good enough to be a proper soldier. Lets her fade into shadows... Not completely, her presence is still there. You can smell her, hear her voice... But the body disappears completely from vision. Maybe if you weren't distracted with other people to fight, you could notice her, but in the middle of a battle... It's like disappearing into smoke." An annoyingly powerful ability in the middle of a skirmish, really.

"Show them, Nisha." Better to have her demonstrate than to have Amera explain how things worked. "You're both mages, so perhaps you can make something of this power. Or, maybe even spot her body while it's phased out. Not quite sure if it just makes her invisible or if it turns her into some form or magic or, something... I might use thunder magic but that doesn't mean I get how this nonsense goes!" Amera's magic was due to her lineage, not any learned powers. How the fancy bits and ends made words into a spell was beyond her.

"Sure thing, Captain." Nisha replied with a smile, before disappearing from her seat in an instant. She was curious if either of the mages present could figure anything out about how this worked, so allowing them to study it for a few moments was of no bother to her anyway.

"Hmm... interesting." Nessraya noted, eyebrow raising for a moment at the display. She hadn't been expecting it, even though it did match Amera's description. A few things were quickly apparent, but it would require more study to delve deeper.

"Well, I can already tell you that this isn't typical magic... almost certainly based on her lineage, not something learned academically. If I didn't know to be looking for magic, I would surely have lost you... I can only imagine the practical applications of such a thing in a fight. How curious..." Nessraya trailed off, pondering it further for a moment.

"Oh, there are plenty, I assure you." Came the cheeky reply, seemingly echoing out from the floor itself.

Had he not expected the demonstration, Seilan could have sworn that someone had just used a Rescue staff while he wasn't looking to spirit her away, but the seemingly sourceless voice left no room for doubt. He could faintly perceive her when he focused intently, though she faded away at the slightest lapse in concentration - splitting his attention to listen to the General speaking was enough to start to lose Nisha.

"That's... certainly quite something. I imagine that's done a good amount for you, in terms of making it this long as a hired blade." Drawing a small notebook from his cloak, he continued, making brief notes as he spoke. "I concur with the General - I don't believe this is something that can be learned through study. I am curious if your talent could be developed further - there must be a limit to how much you've tried as of yet - though, that's a matter for another time, perhaps. And only if you're interested." 

He looked to Amera, nodding his approval. "Well, I may not know much of the means by which her abilities work, but it's quite easy to see she'll be quite helpful in combat. I'll leave the final decision to you two, of course."

It seemed the two of them were impressed, leaving Amera sighing. "Just concerned over a few things. She's strong, but she's fragile. Far as using this magic goes, she'll probably be fine in a brawl, but if she's ever stuck in a one on one situation..." Amera grumbled, folded her arms, and looked away.

"One of the boys got past her guard in a spar and her arm came clean off. She's half undead; it wasn't life threatening, but I was pretty shocked to see how easily she came apart. Really makes me worried. I'll leave the choice to you, Nessraya, you're highest ranked in this group, even if little miss hero is supposed to be leading it... That said."

Amera glanced at Seilan's notebook, then to the chair where Nisha was supposedly still 'sitting'. "Tell the 'captain' everything you saw of the little entanglement with that church girl. Everything. In the most explicit detail you can remember... You were probably closer than some of us considering your ability. Don't leave a single detail out."

"I specialize in not taking hits in the first place... all of these one-on-one sparring sessions and battlefield duels might be fine for you traditional soldier types, but it's doesn't reflect an actual skirmish. Besides... it might be true that bits of me fall off easier than most, but being part undead has it's perks... despite all of that, I'm far more difficult to kill than most, armour or not. And my body recovers from those sorts of wounds far more readily." Nisha replied, rematerializing in her chair after a few moments, making a shrugging motion.

"I know how to take care of myself, is the point. So what if I didn't do so well in sparring sessions... an assassin would never beat a knight in a proper duel, but that's not how an assassin fights. Writing them off for something like that is foolish... as for your other question..." Nisha began, a sigh escaping before she continued.

"Sorry to say, but I wasn't closer than you. Maybe if I had known in advance I could have hidden in a good spot, but I was trailing along behind you, Captain. I saw some stuff, how she casted that crazy bolt right back at the General, or that she got busted out the front gate by those templars, but... any specific details, you were ahead of me the entire time." Nisha admitted, shaking her head.

Listening along, Nessraya nodded her head as the demi-wraith spoke, taking in the details.

"Well, putting aside that her input on our little interloper might be less helpful than we had hoped... I cannot deny that such an unusual cloaking ability would be a useful asset to have at our disposal. Now, this all depends on your going rate, but considering you seemed to be seeking a long-term agreement, I'm certain that we can discuss financial details later, when those with a bit more of a monetary focus are present and accounted for."

"Mrrgh... F-Fine! Fine... She's right." Amera grumbled and sighed, letting the argument go. Most of her complaints came from how young Nisha seemed, but she was set on this, and Amera wasn't about to deny the girl work when she was being accepted.

"Just... Take care of yourself, okay!? If I find you dead after your first fight... Well, y-you'll be dead, but I'll be real upset at your ghost!" Amera huffed herself out of her chair and turned to leave. She had another troublesome girl to check on...

"Well... I suppose this saves us the suspense of waiting to see when they'll strike..." Nessraya muttered to herself as it became evident that battle had been brought to Tepel. The prospect of siege weaponry was... unpleasant. Best to nip that in the bud.

Nessraya to 7,32, Bolting Ballista 2!

___

"I called this, but I hate being right sometimes... time to earn your bread, Nisha..." The Demi-wraith muttered to herself as it became evident Tepel was about to become a warzone proper. Sinking into the shadows, she would make her move when it became more clear where the fighting would take place. Overextending would be no good at all...

Edited by Balcerzak

Suki steps out at 3,32!

Bladen visits the house on 27,36!

"Ohhh... Thank you, so much!" An elderly man answered Bladen's plea at the door, waddling towards it with a weapon in his hands. "This is, a, uh, hammer! Yes... It's wonderful against armor! Make good use of it against those soldiers."

Bladen gets a hammer!

Nessraya attacks a ballista!
Roll: 48,53
37 damage!

A crash of lightning destroys the installation!

Nessraya gains +5 EXP, +2 WEXP!

"Best hand that to someone who knows how to use it, Bladen~"

Asami to 27,35, dances Bladen.
+10 EXP

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

"Ah... Thank you, sir." Bladen took the hammer, a little confused, and then turned back around to find Asami right in his face. Awkwardly, he stuffed the hammer into his belt loop and nodded. "Y-yeah, you're right. I don't think anyone over here will be able to use it though... Maybe when we connect back up with the rest of the group." He quickly moved past her, doing his best to not get too distracted. There was a battle in front of him, this was no time to be getting side tracked...

Bladen to 25-33

Marina had been equipped since she had gotten up that morning. She had taken a visit to the wagon before lunchtime, equipping herself with the revolver she was loaned from Jade. She held it in her hands, pondering the thought about it. And her shield too, hopefully she'd get that back sooner than later. Then, she saw it. A rock soar across the sky and into the city. The battle had begun. People had already begun fleeing.

However, with her, and the rest of her group here, they'd make a difference. They'd defeat this Vzok who announced himself outside the gate. A hand on her sword, one on her gun, she shook her head. She'd have to make her way through the city and at least help who hasn't fled, flee before their lives were also stolen by a falling rock. Beginning to move, Marina looked over to Agni, who she had caught on the street as well.

"Agni, help Jade with that side! Make sure everyone's out!" She called out, looking over to Taliyah, "Taliyah... please follow me." She was sure she'd run into someone else on the wait to the southern part of the city, but she'd like to ensure someone was with her. If a whole force was here, she'd like for no one to be by themselves, herself included.

Marina moves to 10,29

The battle had basically begun, Taiyute ready for a good old fight. Shaking her head, she liked the approach Bladen had taken. Warning people to evacuate or hide somewhere safe was the best course of action for right now.

She had first made her way to another house that seemed to have not been evacuated yet. She knocked on the door hard, before opening the door.

"Please, any if folks are here, please make way to safety. Time is of the essence, and your safety is important!"

Taiyute moves to 23,35

Wings on the Wind

Spoiler

Taiyute enjoyed watching the dragonewt ask so many questions. In reality, it was a double win, enjoying the ability to story-tell, and it helped her better her speaking abilities. Clapping her hands together, she let out a small giggle, "No no, Xalrei you must not be so shy. I can... tell you anything you like, I... miss home, talking helps with the feelings. The sickness of home? It is such a bizarre commonspeak word." And she gave another pat on the shoulder. She was growing very fond of the dragonewt.

"Genies are... like me, a bit. But their, hmm... legs are not so much legs. Like uh, ghosts! ...almost. Also, they're much much more powerful. My mother and I, I will never match her." She sighed, but nodded, not losing the excited smile.

"As for different Genasi, um... there are, of course wind, then there's fire, water and earth. Their abilities are... much like they sound. Uh... we like water, and earth enough, but... fire Genasi and Genies are... not fans of us... or anyone. More than once, my mother has said she's had to quell them more than once." Another nod. "We don't like fire. It doesn't well mix, wind spreads fire, dangerously, we are not allowed to wield fire magic." Her voice slowly got more and more shaken as she continued talking about fire, but as she started again, it went back to normal, "I... I hope I have best answered as I could," and she gave a small bow.

Aside from some minor grumbling as Taiyute called her shy, Xalrei let the genasi speak without interruption until she was finished, nodding along as she talked about her mother with pride. A week ago it would've been a sore spot for the dragon, and it still was, but at least now it didn't immediately ignite the flames of jealousy.

"So you're bad with fire too? According to a certain fire dragonewt, I'm really bad and a whole lot of other not nice things too... Funny how that works out." As much as Praxia bothered her, it probably wasn't in the same nature as Taiyute's trouble with fire; hopefully her joke wouldn't trouble the windy woman further than she already was. Suddenly feeling self-conscious, Xalrei shifted in position, tail drooping closer to her legs.

"Hey, there's no need to bow to me, I'm not..." Well, technically she was, but... "A, Anyway, you answered just fine. Thank you, for telling me about yourself. Did you want to ask me about anything? I don't know if I'm homesick or anything yet, but I haven't really, talked in-depth with the others much..."

The genasi simply gave a pat on the shoulder in response to the comment on fire and being bad. "That is fine. You make up with other things. You're not bad to me," and she gave a smile. "You are much very strong, and also very nice," she confirmed,

Now it was her turn to ask questions. Taiyute wasn't entirely sure what to ask. Not necessarily afraid of Xalrei, but more she just didn't know about life on Xensat, compared to the life in the elemental plain. "Hmm..." As much as Taiyute pondered, there were too many absolutely direct questions, like how she ended up here, or why she hasn't talked much with the rest of the group. A sigh escaped the genasi.

"I um... am bad with the asking of questions, aside from how becoming so strong, yes? If you could, maybe... anything you'd like to tell? Like a... I believe it was told, 'rapid-fire', whatever you may be thinking of, yes?" She placed her hands together, not entirely certain if that made sense, or if Xalrei would oblige to it.

A tiny huff escaped the dragon at Taiyute's compliments, used to being the object of criticism rather than praise from her peers. Many saw her as the runt of the litter, so to speak, lagging behind the other dragons of her age. She knew why, now, but that didn't make taking praise easier. Especially from someone so genuine. "I... Th, Thank you..." was what tumbled out of her mouth. 

"I was actually hoping you'd ask me something, I don't know where to start..." Xalrei admitted, arms crossing over her chest. "I don't care what you ask me, no matter what it is. Don't hold back on account of my feelings, I'll answer if I can. It's only fair after you answered all my questions, right?" A grin had managed to grace her lips as she looked down at the genasi, feeling a better that she wasn't the only awkward one.

"Oh, but you did ask one, didn't you? I got so strong from training so much. I went to the officer's academy in Zreiya, that's where I'm from, so I had to be strong enough to potentially be a soldier to graduate." There was a lot more to that, a lot of unpleasant things, but Xalrei chose not to focus on them; she couldn't dwell on the past forever. If Taiyute wanted to ask further she'd answer, but only then.

Taiyute nodded as she listened to Xalrei's answers. It took a bit, she had to really think about things. Asking questions was difficult. She could only hope Xalrei would be fine with anything she asked.

"Yes then, so..." Soon enough, Taiyute began a rapid fire of questions, "Where do you come from? I only really know small bits of Vaia, I'm curious of Xensat, yes. Mm, along with that, how did you come to here, what brought you here?" She tilted her head.

"Truthfully, it is all I know to ask." She nodded, "As I spoke, not very good at the conversing. I hope I am not getting too personal..."

Though Taiyute had only asked two relatively simple questions, they would require more than just a simple answer for different reasons. Xalrei could tell Taiyute wanted more information than just a name with her first question. And her second question, well... As innocuous as it was, it had stepped well into the highly personal area despite the genasi's wishes. First things first...

"I'm from the capital of Zreiya which is... Zreiya. Yeah, not the most creative system, I know." A tiny huff escaped her lips, Xalrei not the most pleased with the naming scheme. "Anyway, that's a region in Khach, right along Vaia's northeastern border. It's a volcanic region so it's pretty warm all year round... Probably why father chose that for the location." Her last sentence was more mumbled to herself, as if she herself had had the sudden realization. Refocusing, she continued on.

"Most of the dragons on Xensat live there, or at least, most of the important ones do. Like my father, he's the Duke..." A slight pause, Xalrei's features darkening for the slimmest of moments. It quickly passed and the dragon was back to explaining her home. "Lots of other races like lizardmen live there too. It's a good place to be if you have scales, or like warm weather. Most of the nobles are stuck up old farts, though." Unable to resist, Xalrei blew a raspberry in what she assumed was northeast, aiming for Zreiya's nobles.

"As for what brought me here..." Xalrei's arms tensed, claws gripping her arms more intensely. A scowl took to her features, bitterness rising up in her mouth as the 'regular' Xalrei returned. "For how wise people say my father is, he's a selfish idiot, but... I'm an even more selfish, stubborn, rash idiot. I thought I was coming here to do good, but I was just running away the whole time... I even dragged my friends into this." Angrily, the dragon's tail whipped against the ground, her claws threatening to test whether they could pierce her scales, fire threatening to ignite. No, now wasn't the place nor time. A deep breath, a heavy sigh, after a moment Xalrei features relaxed as the dragon returned to her neutral.

"Anyway... That's your questions answered. Don't, feel bad about what you asked, either. You only did what I asked you to do. Did, you have anymore, now...?"

The look Taiyute gave was intensely focused. The genasi could almost feel the building anger coming from the dragon. She motioned her hand a slight breeze surrounding Xalrei in an attempt to help calm her. Taiyute wanted to reassure Xalrei was fine, but she knew that too much praise like she had been giving could lead to her being pushed away. Instead, she just listened, took in, and learned more about her new friend.

Taiyute gave a nod, she didn't give a smile, at least, not a big one. "No no, that's enough for me, Xalrei. Thank you," Her hands clapped together, and a small head bow. "I am grateful, I feel as I... know you better, and I like you here." She answered, still throwing some extra reassurance anyway. Taiyute couldn't help it.

"You don't have to go that far. Geez..." Xalrei grumbled and crossed her arms, but her tail betrayed her, swishing lightly behind her. Regardless, with her little moment done and over and Taiyute having no more questions for her, only more reassurances, Xalrei figured now was as good of time as any to ask a somewhat, in her perspective, childish question. "D, Do you think you could teach me how you fight, maybe? Or at least, like, show me the basics of it? No one at the Officer's Academy in Zreiya fought with their fists... Well, not in the way you do, at least." Though normally neutral, Xalrei's expression displayed the slightest hint of excitement at the prospect.

Xalrei posed an interesting question. Could Taiyute teach her how to fight. It wasn't impossible, but--

"Hmm... Teaching you like... the actions with my hands and legs? I can do what I am possible. The... language barrel will be it's own trial, but... I am not a best teacher. I will attempt my best however, all I ask is that... I am also self-teached-- t-taught," Taiyute paused briefly, slipping on her words, "I ask only that-- some of my teaching will be more, visual? Yes? I hope that will be sufficient, Xalrei."

"Yeah stuff like that. Stances, and... Whatever else goes into how you fight." It was a little embarrassing, how little she knew about a topic that interested her, but, well, she wasn't going to get anywhere without asking.

A nod and a small grin met the genasi, Xalrei finally a little excited about something for the first time in a while. "That's fine, too. I'm more of a visual learner anyway. I was fine with the books at the academy, but I always felt like I took to the more physical lessons better." 

"Good then, yes! Well--" Taiyute approached Xalrei, hesitating at first, "They say it as, 'the early worm catches the bird', yes? We will start the basicness now," And she began grabbing parts of Xalrei's body, adjusting her accordingly so that she was in a fighting stance.

"This position, hold it." The genasi spoke, her voice becoming more stern. Stepping away a few paces to the side, where they were side-by-side, "To best explain how to start, you must center yourself. Focus yourself, as you learn and better get, the easier it will be."

Taking a deep breath herself, she slowly moved her fingers until her hands were fists. Her legs adjusted, and she turned her head to Xalrei. "For now, just follow as I move, yes? We will find you your balance," Turning back into the direction they were facing, Taiyute began a series of slow punches and kicks, keeping a decent enough pace to where it wasn't like she was teaching a child, but someone with prior combat skill like Xalrei could follow...

No Rest For the Anxious

Spoiler

Marina laid silent in her bed. Another night, where she should be grateful, happy, that she was in a bed bed again. But again, here she was, pondering the future, trapped by thoughts. Sleep would not be happening any time soon for the anxious hero. Already in a place where she isn't welcome, and now the Church is after her too. By the time this is over will I even have-- 

Marina had to get up. Stretch the muscles, find something to do. What would she do? Where would she really go? Sitting up, and directing herself to her bedside, she slipped on her boots. She left her jacket behind, but she picked up her weapon belt and saddle'd up. If she went to do anything, she should at least be able to defend herself.

Stepping out of her room, without trying to wake up her sleeping roommate, the silence was still broken by the light thud of the door hitting the stop. And soon, Marina was walking. Where? She'd figure out eventually.

Footsteps. Someone was leaving the inn? Lavinia wasn't asleep, of course, so she glanced out the windows to see... "Marina?" Where was she going this late at night? It wasn't exactly safe for her to be going out like this alone, either... The fort's vampires would definitely also be awake. If she were to run into someone less tolerant of what she'd done, then...

Quietly slipping into her under armor wear, Lavinia left the inn like a ghost, only letting her feet make noise once she'd exited, heading after Marina. "Wait up!" She couldn't let the girl walk alone and she'd been charged with keeping her safe. "Why are you out so late, Marina? Is something wrong? I'm always awake, if you needed someone to speak with..."

"Hmm?" Marina looked behind as Lavinia had approached her. Actually, this was good. Maybe they could--

She shook her head, trying to wake herself up some more, get her words into focus, "I, couldn't sleep. Too much worrying me," Looking around a bit, she had sighed. The girl probably caused her protector worry. "I know I shouldn't be out and about on my own, but... I didn't wanna just lay there and, do nothing. Even if it meant just walking around."

She hadn't thought about looking for trouble, not in the slightest. At least, that bit should've been obvious, even if Marina had already gotten her weapon belt on. "Sorry, if I worried you, but-- would you be willing to walk with me?"

"Yes, of course... I wouldn't be doing much else aside from reading at this time of night." Or speaking with Jade, just keeping the mind stimulated. "Sorry, I would've left you alone, but... In a military fort like this, if you ran into the wrong person, it could cause trouble. I know you wouldn't be looking to harm anyone, but it's likely someone could be looking to harm you... Much as it hurts to put it like that." Lavinia stretched an arm and tugged at her clothing a bit, having jostled it around a bit to catch up to Marina.

"Let me know whatever's on your mind... Or just walk and I'll keep you company. Whatever helps ease you back into sleep."

All of Lavinia's concerns were followed by a series of quiet nods and 'mhms'. "Thank you, you're right." Even with her weapons on hand, Marina would hesitate if someone came at her with an intent to kill. It sucked, and it was unfortunate. This had been too much for Marina, and it would only become more and more weighty as days, weeks, months go by... It was good that she had someone who had really been an enemy only weeks ago cared so much.

"I-I... Actually, there's something I did want to talk to you about. But um, I'd like to walk a bit. Get my words together, try to... say what I want, and not-- y'know." The girl looked up, "I hope that's okay."

"Sure." Thought hesitant at first, Lavinia reached her hand up to pat Marina's hair, before getting in one final stretch and scratching at her neck. "Let's see... Where do you think would be best to gather your thoughts, then? The fort's walls should provide a great look at the woods, and clear view of the moonlight tonight. What do you think? Long enough of a walk to gather your thoughts?" Better than the view, it would give them a place to talk away from prying ears.

"If it's about what you were told earlier," Lavinia pried, ever so slightly, "try your best not to worry, Marina. We'll keep you safe."

"Mmm..." Marina calmly replied to the pats to her head. In regards, the walls seemed perfect enough. She nodded, "I think that'll be fine, yeah. That should be enough time." It should've been a decent enough walk too. Just to relax and get the excess energy out.

"Hmm?" Lavinia then brought up the talk earlier. This... 'Ariana' individual, and the events she had just so barely happened to miss. She thought about it a bit, but reached into her shirt and pulled out the necklace Taliyah had given her. A gift, given from another person that could've been her enemy. She held it tightly, but soon slipped it back, and finally answering the vampire, "It's okay, Lavinia. I'll be fine... We knew it'd happen eventually, I'll... come to terms, when my head tells me to come to terms."

"Well... We'll keep you safe either way." It was good to see that Marina had taken well to Taliyah's gifts. The lizard girl would need to be thanked when she had the chance. It seemed making a friend with a monster proper, beyond something like their relationship as guardian and charge, was helping her to realize that she could help things here.

So they walked. Quietly and without further conversation, Lavinia keeping her eyes up for anyone else that would be awake at this time of night... Luckily, the fort's vampires must've been elsewhere. Perhaps at the barracks, or at the pub. Whatever the case, they made it atop the fort's walls without issue, Lavinia leaning over the edge onto her elbows. She could wait for Marina to speak up first.

All things had gone as smoothly as she hoped. They had gotten to the wall and now they stood there. Marina looked out, not as eased as Lavinia still. Things were still tense, at any point, anyone could come, but-- Marina ignored that bit of her mind, and finally, she leaned and gazed out at the sky. There was something about it, something... inviting. Maybe it was some kind of sign. Maybe her efforts would lead to something, maybe she would be okay...

Focusing on the now, it was her and Lavinia. A girl and her guardian. A guardian Marina needed to be honest with. However, "Before we start anything, I have a question. A... weird question, but... it goes with what I want to talk about." She looked over to the woman.

"Are you... hungry, Lavinia?"

"A... A-Am I, what?" That was not what Lavinia had expected Marina bring up, blushing in confusion at the direct question. "I, I suppose... Jade, let me bite her earlier, so I wasn't... Thinking about that. Ah, goodness, well..." She was supposed to be here to protect Marina, but the question had definitely left her flustered. "If you're asking because you wish to offer, you don't have to. You don't owe that to me, or anything; don't feel a need to pay me back for how I've been acting. It's what I want to do."

Really, a part of Lavinia was afraid of feeding on her. The quality of her blood, whether it would scare Marina or not, whether it would hurt her because of her not being of Vaia... A vampire's bite was more magical than biological, due to their ties with Nyx... Would her body be able to accept the dose of dulling magic to prevent the bite from hurting for more than a split second?

"I understand," she nodded, acknowledging her point, however,

"It's a bit more than just 'because I want to'. It's... hmm..." There she was, locked in her own world of stutters and embarrassment. She hoped Lavinia would be okay to comply, but-- there would always be some form of complication.

"If I said, it was to help me with what I wanted to tell you, would that help ease any of your worries? If not, I can work with it, I--" She paused, it was enough. She didn't need to hammer the point down. At this moment, it was mainly a 'if Lavinia says yes or no situation'. If no, oh well, maybe Marina didn't need it.

"I..." Lavinia sighed, hiding her face behind her hand for a moment, looking at Marina between her fingers. "If you insist... Bring your arm over. Another bite couldn't hurt, I suppose."

Marina nodded, "Thank you Lavinia." She stepped over, time practically slowing down as she pondered. Would it be fine? Marina already insisted. She rolled up one of her arm sleeves.

It'll be like a trip to the doctor. Just getting some blood drawn. Easy...

And her arm was within Lavinia's grabbing range.

"Why are you thanking me?" Marina wasn't quite making sense, but Lavinia wouldn't pass up a free, willing meal. She'd avoid the neck, at least. Bad manners to bite someone else's neck when you're in a relationship.

Gently adjusting Marina's arm, Lavinia wasted no time in bringing her fangs to bare, sinking them into the girl's forearm...

The taste was... Far too good. So much so that Lavinia furrowed her brows, actively reminding herself to stop after she'd drank her fill. She even hesitated pulling away from Marina's arm, taking several steps away from her before resting again against the edge of the fort. "Gods... Don't, e-ever fall in love, with a vampire... Marina." She wiped her mouth... And ended up licking the rest off of her arm, blushing, but not stopping despite that. "Your blood is delicious... I imagine someone with less restraint wouldn't have been afraid to suck you dry. Please, be careful."

Marina hadn't initially answered, her eyes were closed and her focus shifted away from her arm. Not that it had helped that much. She felt Lavinia's fangs inside of her, the feeling of her blood being sucked out. It wasn't painful but it was an... odd feeling of pressure.

Lavinia had removed herself and stepped away. Taking in what she said, Marina quickly moved to getting what she needed out of her pouch, applying some quick first aid, so that Lavinia (or anyone else for that manner) caught a whiff on what was apparently some delicious blood.

After thinking, she nodded. "That was what I needed, thank you."

Marina turned away, looking out towards the trees. A few moments had passed, Marina preparing herself, but giving Lavinia time to focus back.

"Lavinia, I... I've been scared of you. Maybe it was the stories, maybe it's what I already knew, but... even when I first talked to you, you cared for my well-being first. I... I liked it at first, but I started thinking it was a ploy," She rubbed at her arm, "Not that I couldn't believe you cared, but... I was afraid it was in order to keep me in higher spirits."

She sighed, "It all sunk that night in Aensbrook. When..." She didn't continue that thought. Marina wasn't gonna bring up Roman's name, "When you were angry, that look you gave me... I was convinced, even if only for a bit you hated me. Not that I blame you, but..." She shook her head, "After the fact, you were back to caring. Even that night with Nessraya, you told me that this wasn't my fault..." She sniffed, finally turning to face the vampire.

"I trust you. I truly do. I asked you to bite me as sort of, confirmation, I suppose. To convince me I could trust you." She turned away again, "When this is over, and... whatever happens, if the Demon King decides me dying is the best course of action, I'd be okay with it if it was by you..."

"... Dying, wh-what? Marina?" The rest didn't hit Lavinia that hard. She didn't expect Marina to trust anyone of the group so closely other than Taliyah, really. That girl was innocence incarnate, crying over so much as a simple hug and some nice words... The rest? Marina was a human from another world, surrounded by beings that wanted her dead, in some form or another. It was a miracle that she hadn't lost herself to the anxiety of it all. Lavinia could only credit the girl truly wishing to make things right. Dying, though...

Lavinia stepped over and hugged her, pulling her in tight, and running a hand against her hair. "Hush. Don't say things like that... Marina, I don't know what you're thinking when you say things like that. Do you believe that your death will change anything? It won't bring back any of the people that have already been killed... It might give temporary satisfaction to some living here, but once that dawns on them, that your death accomplished nothing, their frustrations will rise up once again. You won't die. Thesephine won't order myself, or anyone else to kill you... Not just because of what you're doing, either."

She didn't let her go, gently placing her hand on Marina's hair instead of continuing to pet her. "If we can find a way to return you to your world, we will. If such a method doesn't exist, you're going to live with me. I promised that I would take care of you... That doesn't stop when this mission is over. I'm not letting you die for anyone's whims, and I'm not going to let you suffer in being alone. I am here, for you. I will keep you safe. No matter what..."

"I-I just--" Before she could finish, Marina was embraced by Lavinia, and she soon embraced her in return. Was she--- were they not? Would Marina truly be okay after this is over? Was Taliyah right, and they'd help her be okay? Her expression was blank as she began drowning in thoughts. Lavinia's words cut so deep, she wasn't going to die, and she may have a chance to be happy again...

Lavinia even offering that Marina live with her. That alone...

"I-I..." Come on, words you idiot! "I-I... L-L-Lavi---" and the wetworks started, Marina hiding her face in Lavinia's chest. She truthfully couldn't fully comprehend what she was being told. She deserved worse! Or maybe she didn't... 

"it's alright, Marina... Let it out. I know you don't want to cry like this in front of everyone else. You've got to look strong, right? Or so you tell yourself... But it's not weak to cry. It's not. It never will be... So cry as much as you like. As much as you need." Lavinia kept her hug tight, the girl's head close. She couldn't imagine how hard it was for Marina, keeping all of this inside herself, trying to put on a good face...

Marina's gripped tightened as she just let it all go, trying her best to stop. She couldn't, maybe it was her mind telling her it was okay. Whatever it was, she was here, bawling her poor little eyes out to one person she put her trust in. 

Minutes passed? Maybe? Marina finally felt herself calming down. She was coughing a bit from wearing herself down, light sniffles were heard, but she hadn't taken her face away yet. Soon, she turned slightly, placing the side of her head. This feeling was odd, but it felt good. Almost like she had felt it for the first time.

"Thank you... T-thank you," She quietly spoke.

"You don't need to thank me, Marina." She'd had quite the fit... Whatever Marina was dealing with in her head, it was definitely weighing on her. "I just hope that you, don't mind Jade, either." Lavinia chuckled a bit, trying to lighten the mood some. "I suppose that's thinking too far ahead, it's only been a few weeks... I just want to make sure you know that I promise to take care of you, no matter who else is in my life. Not even Bridgit... In fact, I think the two of you would be good friends, once she gets over her hangup. You should try talking to her. It might do you both some good."

"I-I wouldn't mind..." Marina laughed a bit as she cracked a smile, finally. She needed that to break away from everything.

It was hard to think about, that someone would be there to take care of her through everything, then the mention of Bridgit. A subject Marina still wasn't super comfortable about, but... 

"I-I can try. But, we'll see..." She answered, nodding lightly.

"It'll be fine... You'll be seeing plenty of each other when you come to live with me, anyway. Best if you can get along before that." Lavinia pet her hair once again and slowly let go of their hug, giving Marina a smile. "Feeling a bit better?"

She nodded, giving a small yawn, "A little, yeah. Thank you," It held felt like a weight had left her. "It still doesn't help with... well, everything else but," She nodded again, smiling, "I think I'll be okay. I have a wonderful guardian, after all."

Lavinia's smile lessened, but not out of any disappointment. A faint blush hit her, she was simply too bashful to accept such praise at face value. "You value me too highly, Marina... But thank you. You can stay out here as long as you need, and then I'll escort you back to the inn... Alright?"

"Mhm," She nodded, "Just a little longer I think. It's nice out. I haven't take the time to... appreciate how nice it is." She answered, hit with a bigger yawn than the one before.

"Mmmmm actually, no. I-It'd probably be better to head back. Maybe I'll be ready to get back to bed. I have to be ready if Ithraxl attacks."

"Perhaps..." It was a heavy thought, but Marina was right. "Then... Let's walk back nice and slow. We don't need to talk... I'll even hold your hand if it'll help. I'm plenty warm now." Marina's blood was still running through her, warming up her whole body... It was a nice feeling.

"Okay," and she took Lavinia's hand. If she wanted, Marina could thank Lavinia for everything. It truly made her happy, and she was grateful for it. Maybe, things would be okay, even if Marina would never see home again...

Edited by Silver Gallade

The crash of the boulder announced the return of the enemy - it was once again time to defend the walls. It was quite the bold strategy to promise the safety of the citizens after employing their siege weaponry, and he couldn't help but question whether they really intended to follow through on their offer. Not that they had any intention of surrender; certainly not, with as many high-profile Vaians as there were here now.

He moved into a position near the wall that had grown all too familiar over the past week, catching the sound of a sizable bolt from across the town. Now that's some thunder... let's try and follow the General's example, shall we? 

Seilan to 23, 30, Elthunder (S) Ballista 3.

Edited by mcd900

While most people would spend lunch eating, Gabriela instead decided to spread her wings and fly around the village a little, resting on some of the roofs along the way. Unfortunately, it appears her fun was cut short... like it always is. It appeared like an attack has been fired upon the village... and her group was supposed to defend, like the bleeding hearts they were. Well, it was just as well, since she grew more and more attached to the group. She grabbed her tomes and prepared for the fight. 

Gabriela paid a visit to the house at 12,33.

Taiyute visits 23,35!

"Whoa!? A bit blue lady... You aren't ransacking the place so I guess you're with the militia! H-Here, some equipment I had laying around... Take it! It'll do you more good than it'll do sitting on a table."

Yeet gets a Katar!

Seilan zip zaps the otherside's ballista!
Roll: 67,17
22 damage!
Seilan gains +11 EXP, +1 WEXP!

Gabriela visits 12,33!

"Oh, dear! They're attacking again... We'd best vacate to the main fort! Here you go, deary, thank you so much for the warning. Take care of yourselves as well!"

Gabriela receives a Rescue staff!

Morning had come. Ayane had gotten some rest and it did help her mood, but she still had some sparks of fury in her. Updating Ren in the situation wasn't fun, but at least he knows who to look out for now. The event had left Ayane a lot more on guard however, she hadn't really taken the time to speak to anyone other than Ren. It didn't seem to matter too much either way however, not when a giant boulder smashed it's way into a town house. '...time for battle.' Perhaps this could feed her hunger for battle, hell maybe she was here too. "With me." She spoke to her cousin. But before she rushed off to battle her eyes darted over to a house nearby. While she wanted nothing more than to sate her blade arm a small part of her was just as concerned for civilians. So the princess walked toward the house to make sure the people were safe.

Ayane advanced toward the house at 19, 35.

Of course it wasn't fun Ayane YOU HAD YOUR THROAT SLIT-

Ahem. 

After she updated him on what happened Ren was left with a bitter taste in his mouth.  Even going on the date with Gabriela and the undead duo didn't do much to alleviate his feelings of guilt and failure.  That night he slept light, unable to really find rest when all of this was going on.

It was just their luck that an attack was announced before noon the next day, Ren already making his way outside with his cousin.  He couldn't help but scoff at the enemy's demand, his mind already drifting slightly now at the state his drinking body from yesterday had been.  No doubt Aithlin knows how to take care of herself but...

They didn't really account to an attack this soon.

Hm, good thing I stopped when I did he can't help but think, having placed a limit on himself when it came to their drinking game.  It's also probably the reason why she wasn't here helping them out.  Shaking his head of said thoughts, he focuses on the now and keeps in time with Ayane as she calls for him to stay close.  He doesn't respond, simply nodding to acknowledge that he hears her while waiting nearby as she entered one of the houses that wasn't already destroyed.

The little vampire is also nearby, but he only gives her a passing glance before looking back towards the house Ayane's in.

Ren stays put.

Edited by sweet podado

Of course, the day couldn't start any nicer than a full fledged assault on the town --guess the trouble would come to them first, like Nisha alluded to.

Agni sighed, but his weapons were ready. He was glad he still made time to find a nice tome yesterday, with hindsight in mind. "Take care, Marina. If they're ready to siege the town, we should take--" But she was already walking away, leaving orders for him to follow Jade and make sure that region of the city was evacuated.

That was prudent... and who was he to doubt her now? Still, it was worrying to let her walk onwards without his help... just a little. He'd need to get used to that.

Agni to (31,6), visits the house.

Xalrei had come running as soon as she'd heard the crash of the launched boulder. After her encounter with Ariana, the fake Hero, yesterday she'd been walking about with her armor on, so at least she hadn't had to worry about that. Bladen had caught sight of her running and quickly chased after her, Asami obviously in tow wherever he went. Of course the part of their group that they happened upon had to have an unknown human in it, but, given the circumstances, all he got from her was a half glare. He looked like he was helping anyway, what with the thunder raining down on someone outside the walls. Everyone had already gotten to the residents on this side it looked like, so all she could do was advance and brace for the inevitable breach.

Xalrei to 26,31.

Ayane visits the house!

"Another one of the soldiers protecting the town! We just got the warning to evacuate, but, thank you... Er, what, are you? E-Either way, here, take this for the trouble! The less we have to carry, the better."

Ayane receives a Soldier Band!

Nisha moves, Ren sits.

Agni visits the house! (at 6,31 not 31,6 teehee)

Agni was met with an empty house, likely already left after the first rock fell. A ring sat on the counter, left behind in the rush of escape.

Agni finds an aged energy ring!

Xalrei skamoves.

"Suki, here to help!" A wolf girl ran up, approaching Nessraya, sword in hand. Her outfit wasn't one made for combat, but her muscles proved she could at least swing what she was carrying about. "Where best to fight enemy?"

Suki moves to 8,32!

"A-Alright, Marina! D, Don't go too far ahead, alone!"

Taliyah moves to 11,30!

"Time to get this started..."

With a tired grumble at the blasted sun, Lavinia moves to 14,30!

"These walls won't hold." Erephis had been ordered by Nessraya to remove her glasses in the case of enemy attack earlier in the morning. A stroke of 'luck' that she had been.

Erephis gives them a side glance when she moves to 25,31!

Enemy Phase/Turn 1!

Sword Armor #1 moves up to 25,27, attacks the wall!

22 damage!

The wall breaks!

Sword Armor #2 moves up to 27,27, attacks the wall!

21 damage!

The wall breaks!

Lance Armor #1 moves to 25,28, throws his Javelin at Ballista #2!
Roll: 95,25
Miss! (LOL)

Axe Armor #1 moves to 25,29, swings at Ballista #2!
Roll: 89,68
Miss! (LOL PLEASE)

Bow Armor #1 moves to 27,28, shoots at Ballista #6!
Roll: 37,96
15 damage!

Mage #2 moves to 27,29, casts on Ballista #6!
Roll: 94,41
Miss!
Roll2: 95,73
MISS! (WHAT)

The rest of the right squadron moves up!

Ballista #3 move to 24,27, and shoots at Bladen!
Roll: 87,44!
Miss!

Sword Armor #3 moves to 11,19, swings at the wall!

21 damage!

The wall breaks!

Sword Armor #4 moves to 19,19, swings at the wall!

18 damage!

Archer #4 moves to 19,18, shoots at the wall!

19 damage!

The wall breaks!

Ballista #1 moves to 13,18, shoots at Ballista #1!
Roll: 96,79
Miss! (Is this real life?)

The rest of the squadron moves up!

Sword Armor #5 moves to 3,27, attacks the wall!

17 damage!

Sword Armor #6 moves to 7,27, attacks the wall!

22 damage!

The wall breaks!

Archer #5 moves to 2,27, fires at the wall!

18 damage!

The wall breaks!

Axe Armor #3 moves to 4,30, swings at Ballista #5!
Roll: 27,60!
17 damage!

Bow Armor #3 moves in! Fires on Agni!
Roll: 34,32
20 damage!
Agni counters!
Roll1: 88,53(2)
Miss!
Roll2: 73,5(95)
14 damage! (7 healed!)
Agni gains +10 exp, +1 dark wexp!

The rest of the squadron moves up!

NPC Phase/Turn 1!

Ballista #5 moves to 28,31, fires on Mage #2!
Roll: 52,5
Crit!
45 damage!
Mage #2 is killed!

Ballista #2 moves to 25,32, fires on Mage #1!
Roll: 2,71
16 damage!

Ballista #4 moves to 19,24, fires on Mage #4!
Roll: 33,11
16 damage!

Ballista #1 moves to 13,23, fires on Mage #3!
Roll: 10,43
15 damage!

Ballista #3 move to 8,30, fires on Archer #6!
Roll: 65,26
12 damage!

Ballista #5 moves to 3,31, fires on Mage #6!
Roll: 40,11
15 damage!

Player Phase/Turn 2!

"Grrhh... They're holding the walls better than I expected! The men can't even take out their installments... Send in the mercenaries!"

Enemy Mercenaries spawn!

9qn8X47.png

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

"Hmph... Armor knights." Erephis slid ahead of the group, channeling dark magic. "Good formation... Against a fort without mages."

Erephis moves to 24,30, blasts the axe armor!
Roll1: 90,41
29 damage!
Roll2: 55,35
29 damage!
The dark magic disintegrates the armored monster!

"Tch..."
Erephis(?) gains +10 exp, +3 dark wexp!

The ballista wasn't quite destroyed after the first cast, and it would be irksome left any longer. Best to take care of that while the opportunity presented itself.

Seilan - Elthunder (S) Ballista 3.

They're going for our ballistae, too, naturally...  we'll need them intact to win this fight. Can't allow them within the walls...

Hit & Away to (27, 29).

Something seems a little different about Erephis today... well, we're in a battle. It happens.

Gabriela received the staff, which she would simply hold for the time being until she found someone who could make use of it. She then flew over for some moral support.

Gabriela flies to (10,30).

Ayane took a look down at the band in her hand as the civilians made their escape. Something that would prove handy indeed, but that would be a thought for another time. She could hear some mayhem going on outside. With a small sigh she turned to leave the home and made her way through the streets.

Ayane struts her way down to 23, 34

Edited by TheRoon

Seilan blasts the ballista once more!
Roll: 31,46
22 damage!
The Ballista crumbles!
Seilan gains +34 exp, +2 anime wexp!

"Taiyute, dear, you might want to go and help that poor mage with those closer enemies... Looks like he can't quite strike at the front lines~"

Asami moves to 24,32, dances Taiyeet
+10 exp