Hero, Don't Kill The Demon King! Chapter 1: Lives Not Yet Thrown Away

Nanami Touko

Again, lights lit up the sky around Bladen as those magical swords struck down into the body of the enemy. It seemed to throw them off as the last mounted soldier threw his javelin wide. But the damage was still done. He'd taken a fair number of hits from the horsemen and he was injured. Time to retreat a little, seek the safety of the woods, and prepare for their next assault. Once again unnoticed by him as he darted back into the woods, a second sword joined the first in floating around his head.

Bladen to 28-18, ROAST IT UP

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her surprise attack had worked better than she'd thought it would; Requiem pierced right through a weak point in the mounted monster's armor and made short work of his life. As drained as she was from using the cursed blade, only one of the group was brave enough to challenge her after witnessing the sight of her and Requiem. It ended the same as it always seemed to, herself exhausted but standing and Requiem with another meal. All that was left was to cover Bladen's retreat into the woods, then move onto the village...

Xal to 29-16, smack Cav #11 off the map.

''Thanks for your help, Jade. These brigands are a real annoyance.''

Feeling hurt from battle, Gabriela decided to fly back a little and heal up.

Gabriela flies to 17-29, and uses a vulnerary on herself.

Weirdly enough, a new wave of invaders were showing up in starkly different getup. It took a moment for Agni to notice... but they did seem familiar.

...Is that really the holy guard? What are they doing here?

Agni moves to (12,28).

Another dance, another burst of energy. Wounded as he was, it was plenty enough of a push to fight. Finding cover in the rubble of a building, he prepared another spell.

...What am I supposed to do with a spear? Maybe someone else can do something with it.

Seilan to (19, 28), Elthunder (S) Holy Knight #5.

"Oh my, such bravado. Although, that sword of yours does look to have the bite to match your barking... I think I'll just deal with you from over here, hmm?" Nessraya mused, stepping back into cover before lobbing a bolt of lightning at the boisterous holy knight. No reason to get anywhere within striking distance of holy weapons if she could avoid it, after all.

Nessraya to 11,27, fry Holy Knight 4 with Bolting

Seilan zippy zaps that dang ol' holy guard!
Roll: 90,70
Miss!

Nessraya tries her own spell!
Roll: 78,53
Krakow!
The spell brings the man to his knees, collapsing and dropping his sword...
Nessrays gains +5 exp, +2 anima wexp!

"You bastards again... Alright, come on them! Show me what you've got!

Amera to 11-25, high voltage!

"Come on, come on... Take your best swing!"

Lavi to 12-27, heal Agni

Taliyah had taken a heavy wound, but she wouldn't be seeing the frontline any time soon... "Agni! Hold a moment." Taking heavy steps towards the slightly wounded mage, Lavi brought her staff to bear, closing up his damage. "Any idea which branch these knights are from? Or why? We haven't had issue with Coteon until now, so... Why this moment exactly?"

+15 exp, +2 staff wexp

Suki to 13,27!

"G-General! Amera! You see? I fight! I do well! Suki strong~!" Patting herself on the back for taking down a single enemy, she was met with Amera's glare, the cat not appreciating the grandstanding in their current situation. Suki shrunk instantly.

"Celebrate when they're all dead, Suki! At least you aren't getting yourself killed, yeah, but we're not out of the woods yet..."

"But... Amera, we... In town..."

"It's a figure of speech!"

Erephis(?) slithers to 18,26

"Hey... Bookworm. You're not doing poorly... But your aim sucks. When this is over, the other one will give you some pointers on your aim... And you'd better listen."

Taliyah clutches her wounds and scootches to 16,28, vulning herself

"Just, a... S-Small wound. I'll be okay..."

Ayane set her sights on the next target and decided to draw the Blessed Sword. She was still surprised the army entrusted such a weapon to her, it was quite a pretty blade. If Ayane were still human she wouldn't mind feeling the handiwork on the sword. But as she is now the radiance of the weapon makes her a little weary. Good thing she had her gloves on. With a tight grasp on the sword she rushed out to the armored knight and swung out.

Ayane rolls toward 17, 31 and slices Sword Armor 4 with the Blessed Sword!

"A monster... Using a holy sword!? AGH!"
Ayane swings!
Roll: 9,7(21)
CRITICAL
57 damage!
The man is torn in half!
Ayane gains +34 exp, +2 sword wexp!
Ayane levels up!

57	54	14	60	81	66	40	60

+HP/Str!

"Of course, what are friends for?" Jade flashed a smile at the siren before the latter flew off a bit to tend her wounds, and then seeing that Ren and his cousin were cleaning up the remains of the enemy vanguard, she had to look around for the next point to defend.

Jade spotted Agni and the new girl--mmmm, she was going to need to get that name again... later--making their way toward the rest of the group from the breach in the side they'd been plugging up earlier. "Everything all wrapped up over there then, I take it," the zombie asked, as she and her nightmares made back over that direction. But a somewhat surprising response that there was a force of cavaliers incoming, though still a ways back, troubled her. It was worth keeping an eye on.

"If there's another wave coming, you need to retreat, quick-like," she called out to the archers manning the siege weapons as she approached. "With two holes in the wall, I won't be able to hold them alone."

Jade moves to 9,30.

Edited by Balcerzak

The armor do be blasted
Roll: 22,78(5)
Rend heaven!
21 damage!
The armor is fried!
Ren gains +34 exp, +2 anima wexp!
Ren levels up!

34	51	24	57	64	19	78	68

+HP/Mag/Lck!

Enemy Phase/Turn 6!

Cavalier #12 flings a javelin at Bladen!
Roll: 62,98
5 damage!

Cavalier #8 flings one as well!
Roll: 64,95
Miss!

Cav #9 does the same!
Roll: 14,46
4 damage!

The other squadron of cavaliers breach into the broken walls!

NPC Phase/Turn 6!

Ballistician #5 fires at Cavalier #2!
Roll: 67,96
8 damage!

Other Phase/Turn 6!

The holy guards charge forth, undeterred by their comrades perishing!

Holy Guard #5 swings at Erephis!
Roll: 8,61
11 damage!
"Hiss!"
She casts back!
Roll: 59,44
24 damage!
Erephis gains +9 exp, +1 dark wexp!

Holy Guard #7 swings at Amera!
Roll: 96,23
Miss!
"Two slow, tin can!"
Amera punches back!
Roll1: 71,88(100)
12 damage!
Roll2: 70,6(77)
Critical!
36 damage!
"ORYAHHH!" Uppercut!
Amera gains +40 exp, +3 fist wexp!
"I can do this all day! Come on!"
Amera levels up!

67	74	91	70	75	49	68	56

Null level!
+HP!

As Ariana broke into the walls of the city, her eyes scanned the battlefield, for one person... "Marina!" Sword drawn and pointed behind the unmissable blue haired girl, even if she was hiding behind her entourage of monsters. "Today is the day I take your life! You are unworthy to wield the holy sword... Return it and beg for salvation; perhaps Ilrios will pity your soul!"

Player Phase/Turn 7!

Reinforcements arrive!

Arriving mid air in a blip of magic, Thesephine flapped her wings to keep herself airborne, claw clutching her forehead. "Keep a steady head, Sollowy... Long distance warp magic isn't something anyone will ever get used to." She shook her head, flared her wings, and looked about the skies, then to the ground for-- "Wh-What!? They're in combat right now!? I thought they'd have passed through Tepel already... Damned Ithraxl! S, Sollowy, drop our things at the entrance of the fort! We've got a fight to join!" Swooping in and landing ahead of the fort, Thesephine set what she'd packed down and readied Stholia. "Alright... Let them come." She didn't recognize any of the bodies ahead of them... Hopefully that was a good thing.

Vdkc6rg.png

It seemed like it had almost been done. They had almost completely defended Tepel and it was mostly Coteon soldiers left, hopefully it--

Marina! and the girl froze, seeing the girl in the group of soldiers. She let this mystery person go on as much as she wanted. This girl with her voice, her face... "Unworthy, huh?" She simply asked in a melancholic tone, approaching the group of church soldiers, sword in hand. She was tired, tired of being talked down to. She was already walking through a country she allowed to be nearly destroyed, where she was never safe, walking amongst people who wanted her dead. People she wanted to either go away, or finally give her some leeway, even if she may or may not deserve it. 

This was different, the church, no, some faker making a bold claim she was unworthy of the sword she was given, the title she was given by the church. Marina wanted to calm her nerves, but none of her normal techniques were going to help her now.

She was about to snap,

"How dare you!" She called out, "I don't want your stupid sword! But you; the church, gave it to ME. As much as I hate it, it's MINE. What I do with it and my title is my choice! I'm not taking lip from a thief, from a fake, with your stolen voice, stolen face, that you stole from me! Not from you, not from anyone! You want my sword so bad?! You want a fight so bad?! You can have the sword when you pry it from my cold, dead hands!"

Marina moves to 13,28

Yeet moves to 21,26, owns a knight with some woosh

Taliyah owns a knight!
Roll: 6,39
Death!
Taiyute gains +40 exp, +2 anima wexp!
Taiyute levels up!

72	15	34	3	32	9	64	91

+Str/Mag/Skl/Spd/Lck

Amera stays put and thunder fists the guard in front of her!
Roll1: 46,3(96)
Critical!
45 damage!
Amera gains +37 exp, +2 fist wexp!

Taliyah scuttles forward and shifts Gabriela up a bit!
(Rescue)

Bladen Schwing
Roll: 78,25(68)
Miss!
The cav swings back!
Roll: 82,45
Miss!

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Good, the ballisticians listened. But they were slow as everything. She still had work to do. "Lavinia, I'm going to go plug the hole we forgot about on the left side, holler if you need me back here for anything."

Jade to 6,31 shoot Cav 1 with Glacial Gun, canto to 6,30

As much as Xalrei wanted to help Bladen he was doing just fine by himself. Him drawing the cavaliers' attention away from her was probably his way of telling her to continue onto the village.

Bridget has the self restraint not to roll her eyes at the blatant provocation from the holy vermin.  Quite the effort really, but she is a lady after all!  Still, the little scrunch of her nose at such idiotic strategy makes her notice the hero without meaning to.

Of course the fool would take the bait.

"We are working with a hero who has a death wish.  Excellent," she drawls out to herself, before looking at what needs to be done in order to at least ascertain the survival of their bleeding heart idiot.

Her eyes land at the foreigners, the girl focused on somewhere else while her cousin simply looks back with a bored look and a prim eyebrow notched up to inquire what business she has with them.  Ah, this will do.

Bridget moves to 18,28

"No time for small talk.  We will be borrowing your cousin," she simply says after getting closer, and going with the next course of action.

"What-"

Shove Ayane to 18,26

"You just shoved Ayane."

"That we did."

"...Nice aim." He sounds resigned.

"Only the best from us," she replies haughtily.

When Ren only sighs instead of mauls her after, Bridget will take it as a win.

Tch... Missed, huh.

That was the thing about this kind of magic - it was more attuned to nature itself, replicating natural phenomena. As a consequence, it was... more random, more imprecise, like the whims of nature. Ah, but Erephis was saying something to him... it was a bit difficult to focus on what she was saying, the sting of his wound occupying his mind.

"Hmm? Sure... after the battle." Wait... 'the other one'? Is that why she's so... strange, today?

Stepping towards the enemy, he found himself besides a lizard girl, holding a winged woman out towards him. He nodded approvingly. I see... it must be critical that she reaches the front. I understand. He shifted her, slightly, past himself, setting her down... right next to him. He wasn't exactly the sort to be carting people around...

Seilan to (19, 25), Take Gabriela from Taliyah, Drop Gabriela on (19, 24).

Edited by mcd900