Hero, Don't Kill The Demon King! Chapter 1: Lives Not Yet Thrown Away

Nanami Touko

"Hm? What I had...ah." She remembered now: Taliyah's father. "Yes, I'm not the only one who has family to face." Bridgit tried to clear things up, but it seemed like she gave the rest of the floor to the oni. So for the first time she relaxed and took a breath as she let Taliyah apply the salve. "...I fear my answer may not be something you need right now, Taliyah. I'm still coming to terms with facing Suzume myself." She rose her head a little.

"I am a very prideful person, I take my duty very seriously. But pride can lead to anger, and anger can blind people. It's done that to me several times...I'm sure you remember the tree I nearly burned down." She paused for a moment to reflect on that. "When Ren spoke against me it was during a moment of confusion, I couldn't see the true meaning behind his actions. So we battled, and my rage may have taken his life too...but at the final moment I stopped myself. I realized that my emotions were in control, not me." She took a sigh. "So that will be something I have to work on, otherwise I may fall for another trap."

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good heavens. Was Ren even aware how... delicious he smelled right now? The scent of fresh wounds, barely held back from the loose bandages, tantalizingly close beneath that casual, lightly-fitting garment. If he wasn't dating Gabriela, she could just eat him right---

Wait.... What. Oh... Oh no.

Jade raised one hand to her face in horror, pressing it tight up against her nose, one eye blazing out a bit between splayed fingers as she reached with her other hand to the shoulder of siren beside her for support. Then she almost, no, the zombie did stumble, and she ended up squeezing down a bit painfully. Probably. She was beyond knowing.

"I should... go," Jade croaked hoarsely. "I am... not well... right now." She pulled her hand down, slipping it across her face, and brought her index finger into her mouth horizontally, biting down on it, trying to take the edge off as she turned and pushed away from Gabriela roughly. Staggering, she shambled away from the oni as fast as she could manage. The next words were muffled almost beyond recognition, but the zombie tried to speak past the blockage in her mouth a very simple, "Don't... follow... please."

She had to get to her room, she had to calm down. At this point the elf no longer even registered to her, her apologies were the furthest thing from relevant.

Princess Tenebria's description was a bit contradictory, first claiming she was only told of Ariana as a strong warrior, then describing with confidence how the church couldn't create more like her... that it took all they had of Marina to create her. There was still room for doubt, Tenebria might have interpreted it in regards to Ariana's likeness to Marina, for example. It wouldn't do much to press on a hunch like that... especially when Ariana's pain had disturbed the room immensely.

Agni chose to close his eyes for a moment after that episode, a sigh muted by her screams escaped him. Whatever had been done to her was an immense degree of life tampering. Many would consider it tabboo.

"Never doubt yourself Marina, you have every right to be the hero --the sword accepted you, which makes it pretty decisive, no clone could take it." Agni tried to comfort her, but Marina already seemed focused on her next target for pity and compassion.

"Princess... what are you planning to do, now that you're here?"

Aithlin seemed really taken aback by Gabriela's words. That was not the intention, but Jade, as well as the incoming Ren seemed to take the heat off, so all's well that ends well, right? ''It's alright, Aithlin. We had some wounded, but we got out of the battle in good state. Well, I suppose Ren didn't. You fought quite a battle out there, didn't you, handsome? How about we go find you a healer? Or have you been treated already?'' She was laughing while she was speaking, but it was clear her concern for Ren's safety was real. ''Oh, the rest of the group? They're interrogating that church wench they captured, I think. That's right, wasn't it, Jade?''

She expected an answer, but what she was not expecting was to see Jade looking... hurt? She was pressing her finger against her nose, while the other hand used Gabriela's shoulder as support. ''Jade, are you feeling alright?! Come on, let's go to a healer already!'' That plea appeared to fall on deaf ears though, as she pushed away from Gabriela and ran for it. ''JADE!'' She could briefly make out that she certainly didn't want to be followed. ''I wonder... if everything's okay with her... this is horrible...'' Gabriela started getting a little emotional. ''So... are we going after her? I'm pretty sure she said we shouldn't follow her... but, to leave her alone in this state, THAT would be irresponsible!'' She looked at the elf and the oni. ''What do you guys think?'' Leaving Jade alone in this state would be horrible to do to her as a friend. What kind of friend would the siren even be if she couldn't help Jade? She was honestly tired. Tired of feeling like wasted space in this army. If she could contribute even a little bit, she should take this chance to help a friend in need.

"Ah, Jade!" Aithlin was surprised to see the zombie dip away from the group so quickl-- No, she wasn't. A double take between Jade running off and Ren told her enough. Oh... It's like that. "Uh. Gabriela, why don't you take Ren to find one of the healers. He's hurtin', and if he wasn't gonna go himself, certainly you can coax him into it, right? I'll check on Jade. Tackle 'em both at once! Sound good?" She didn't wait for an answer, taking off after the woman in a sprint, doing her best to keep up with Jade. She ran pretty quickly for a zombie...

It didn't take too long to find her in the halls, somewhat slouched over, still walking. "Jade? Jade, hold up... I, uh, I think I know what's going on. It's fine if you gotta..." Aithlin could only hope that Gabriela had listened to her suggestion. She didn't want either her or Ren to see Jade biting one of their allies, and mistake it for something more than it was. "You gonna be alright, hun...?" A gently hand touched her shoulder, hoping that wasn't too much.

"Marinnn, n-na, I'm, I'm really n-not strong at all, please, y-you can't just say it and expect me to-- M-Marinn, na?" Tenna hadn't expected her lifeline to walk away on her to go and deal with her clone, chimera, whatever Ariana was... It was disheartening, definitely, seeing Marina give so much care to what was effectively just a tool, over the princess. "Th-That..." A small frown formed on her face. Why couldn't you have just died when they ripped all that out of you--

"Er, wh-what? Agn-ni...? I, uhm..." Tenna sank in the chair she'd been placed in, thinking about it for a moment. "I... A-Agnnni, I... Truthfully... I had been hoping that I'd m-meet up with the two of you. I... I don't, want to go back to C-Coteon. I... I'm still terrified of monsters, but... If... If this is r-really what the church, is all about, I... I don't want to go back. I don't want to be a p-part of all of that, annn, n-nymore. I don't kn-know what I can do, h, here, but... If I can help with, the group and y-you and Marin-nn, na, then... Then that's eno-en, nough, for me. I hope... That's, okay..."

"That's not good enough for me, Princess." Thesephine had remained quiet to listen in on what the girl was talking about, claws on her hips now. "Do you have any idea what the church has done to my people? What your soldiers have done? Your family? Despicable. Disgusting. You even make your own tools just to break them against us simply because... Ugh! I don't know! And the fact that I don't know is exactly why I refuse to forgive you and the name you hold-- Damn you, Tenebria Oweyn!" Balled fist pointed in the princess' direction now, Tenebria was panicking, clinging to Agni for support now, hiding herself against him.

"That isn't good enough... So you're going to work yourself to the bone playing healer for us, if you truly feel so bad. Agni, take her to the training grounds, and get her to start fixing people up. If her heart truly bleeds, surely that much is fine."

"I-It's fine!" Tenna's muffled voice responded, letting go of the poor lieutenant and standing up proper. "It's, f-fine... I... I can do, that, m-much."

"Good... Then get to it... as for your question, Sollowy." Thesephine sighed, folding her arms. "It was on an old book that my father had written or had written for his own research... He had looked into making chimeras previously. Fusions of different kinds of DNA to make stronger soldiers-- But!" She cut herself off and grit her teeth. "He never planned on making them humanoid... Giving them personalities and orders that could contradict them to the point of illogical denial. He just wanted to make mindless creatures. Sure, it was playing at life... It was terrible. I read about it and had the book locked up; I have no plans to follow in his footsteps... But this... This, next step that Coteon had gone over beyond even his research..." Thesephine couldn't hold it in anymore, spitting onto the floor next to her. "Revolting..."

Amera hadn't been sure what to say this whole time, eyes darting between the party present. "So... Wh-What, exactly is a chimera...? Fusions of, DNA, what, is that even...?"

Thesephine sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. "It's... The parts that make us up beyond magic. The genetics of what goes into a person. Why you have brown hair; why I'm so short; why Marina's skin is pale. And a chimera is, a magical, and scientific creation of different aspects of creatures. The strength of a beastkin, the magic of an elf, the resistance of a vampire. Combining them together into a form that would hold them all... And giving it life. It's playing at being the Goddess, and I will spit on anyone that thinks to create artificial life and use it so cruelly. Just... Terrible."

"I... I-I see. That's... That sounds pretty bad." Amera didn't quite get the details, but from the sounds of things, it was something the previous demon king had been looking into, when he shouldn't have. "Why was he--"

"Desperation," Thesephine bit out. "The previous war with Coteon didn't go well, either. We were losing soldiers left and right... He didn't have a choice, but to try and look into something that could replace all that loss of life. I am glad that he didn't get far enough as to stain his hands with such a sin." A sigh, Thesephine was rather done with this conversation. "You, human from Hwein. Seilan, yes? We should reconvene, indeed. You can stay with the girl, make sure she's alright... Marina, as much as I appreciate your humanity making itself known, we must go. We need to formulate a plan of assault with the rest of the group... One that will be relayed back to you, Seilan, I'll make sure of it. Go and have your bath first at least, though, Nessraya... I need a drink." Everything said and done, the medusa snatched Sollowy's hand and began dragging her out of the room, angry and tired.

"Woof... That was... A lot... I guess I can't blame him for looking into that kinda stuff, but..." Another look at what had happened to Ariana left Amera agreeing with Thesephine. This wasn't something worth exploring. "Want me to join you, Nessraya? I'm sure you could use someone to wash your back."

Ariana could only let out the faintest whimper as Marina moved her, doing her best to drink the water offered. Her mind was spinning in twenty different circles, none of them showing any signs of slowing. She wouldn't be talking for several more minutes, at best, and some of the spinning thought circles promised nothing good once they'd stopped themselves.

Despite the wolf's promise not to jump on Nisha, an arm slid around the girl and pulled her closer, trying to find some more comfort in an already comfy situation. "Yes... Amera no have time for train, yesterday. Very annoying... I, understand tho! Need, prepare for battle. Tough battle... Got hit with magic, today. Not comfy, magic bad... Mmmn... Swords, physical. Make sense. Oh! Oh, me, me too! I fight to prove, strong. Yes, yes good. If not strong, why fight? Better staying out of fight. So I train, yes... Lots of training."

"Oh, good boy~ Finally giving in, yes? Mmm... We'll see how well that holds tonight, won't we?" Asami giggled into his ear but stopped teasing him-- physically --simply giving him a hug and holding him close. "If you decide that I'm worth enough of that physical attention... Then..." Her smile faded, a rather wry one replacing it. "Maybe I will tell you. Just a little bit... Of all those confusing things you want to know about. Stupid Circe..." A pout, she sighed, leaning back against the ground. "What a mess! Could've simply kept you ignorant, yet she went and said more than even her vision had showed... Alas... I didn't want to get anyone roped into this, but I suppose when those onis showed up, there was no way we were getting around dealing with T--" Asami bit her tongue, squeaking, and sat up a bit. "That was almost a very, very bad slip up... Never mind what you just heard, for your own good, and I'll talk about plenty, but that... That stays silent. No ifs, ands, buts, or great sex."

"Y-Yes! I'm sssure that's why... Mm, they'd never let anything desstroy this world, they, c-created the sssstars and all, after all. You sh-shhould, be ss, safe, Asstraea." Erephis smiled as best as she could, tongue poking out a bit, which caused her to blush and suck back her smile. "Ahh... S-Shh, ssss, saaaa... T-Tongue! Work with me! Ahh... S-Sorry."

"So, you're... Still struggling with all your anger?" Taliyah couldn't understand, even if she held sympathy for the oni. She didn't hold any anger for her father... It was all sadness. She didn't want to see him hurt, or hurt anyone else, anymore. Even when he'd lashed out at her, he'd done so with such a pained look on his face. "I wonder... I wonder how, we, can both go about reconciling with what we have to do. Agni told me to try talking to him... But I-I don't think he's going to listen to me. Not when I..." Her claw came up to her face, gently pressing against it. "Not, when I remind him s-so much of mom... It'll just... Make him even more angry. I... Will have to kill my father, with the rest of you, won't I, Ayane...?" She looked up at the oni, hoping there was a different answer in there. A soft look glanced at Bridgit too, before the lizard sniffled.

"I might, cry... But I won't look away. Not, not anymore... I promise. He's done, too much..."

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

As Nessraya went about with fixing --if you could call something so destructive and suffering inducing as such-- the fake Hero, Xalrei's attention had been captured by a particular line out of Coteon's princess' mouth. Magic that could repair limbs, fix serious injuries... Magic that could heal Nala. Perhaps the humans from Coteon weren't absolutely useless. Xalrei made a mental note to interrogate Tenebria later. The trick would be getting passed Agni and Marina to 'talk' to her alone, but, if Thesephine was serious about putting her to work Xalrei figured there'd be enough time to corner the princess at her convenience.

Though, the plans she'd started to form were quickly put on hold as Thesephine began to talk about her... Their father. Xalrei's ears perked up as she pushed off the wall to stand straight up and watch her sister. She didn't really understand the talk about chimeras until it was dumbed down a bit at the request of Amera, but, given how her sister was talking about them and their father's research, Xalrei realized she would have preferred to remain oblivious to this particular bit of information. She didn't know much about her biological father, but she would have preferred for her mental image of him to remain untarnished.

As Thesephine began to leave Xalrei followed after her, making sure to keep pace with the agitated medusa. Looking down at her, the dragon was hit with a sudden bundle of nerves, awkwardly walking along with the Demon King and the fairy accompanying her without saying anything. "I, er, Demon King..." finally, she managed to say. "No, Thesephine, I... Can I talk with you alone? It, it's important." Though trying to keep calm and keep her expressions in check, the was no mistaking the pleading look in her eyes.

So that was why... The previous king had delved into places he shouldn't have all in an effort to keep his country and family safe. Or, at least, Sollowy hoped that had been Thesephine's father's intentions; from what the medusa had shared with Sollowy about her parents, her father had sounded like an upstanding man. A small part of her wondered that if his research had seen completion if it would've been enough to turn the tide, enough to keep him and Thessy's mother alive and with their daughter...

She shook her head, such thoughts shouldn't be entertained. There was no fixing the past, no fixing the pain that Thessy had been forced to live though. Coteon would've probably used it as an excuse to further attack Vaia, Goddess knew they were experts at making excuses like that already. Who do they think they are, occupying Hwein...? Sollowy was shaken from her thoughts as Thessy started to drag her away, clearly agitated. "S, Sorry for making you explain all that, Thessy. I know that's probably not something you would've wanted made public."

As she was dragged out of the room, Sollowy was immediately aware of the dragon following along side them. She had been silent near the entire time, why was she suddenly walking with them? She hadn't missed her attention being focused on Thessy almost all the time, but she'd been willing to let it slide if nothing came of it. But now here she was, asking to be left alone with her... What was her endgame? "If you need to talk to her that bad, it shouldn't matter if I'm with her." She said with a huff, her hand not being held by Thesephine placed on her hip.

Marina had a sigh of relief. Ariana was responding enough to drink. "Good... good," Her thought on the matter was cut off when the sudden yelling at Tenna happened. The hero closed her eyes, feeling bad about how she was being told off. It was true, her family, her father was responsible to a degree about what happened, but... She kept her focus on Ariana for as long as she could, cursing her bleeding heart, wishing she could handle more than just one thing at a time. Wishing she could feel less for the girl on her lap.

"Genetic manipulation..." Marina simply spoke to herself, gritting her teeth. She gently rubbed Ariana's head, feeling responsible for her existence. "It's my fault you're here, like this... I'm sorry," She made a sign again, her thoughts once again cut off by Thesephine's order. As much as she would rather be here, surprisingly, she gave a nod. "I understand, Your Highness," However, she wasn't just gonna leave Ariana like this. Marina was sure Seilan would probably handle her just fine.

Removing her jacket, she packed it as best as possible, slowly adjusting her place, putting the jacket under Ariana's head like a pillow. Standing up, she handed her waterskin to Seilan, "Thank you," she spoke with a nod. Looking over to Thesphine, "I'll... go on ahead a bit," and she was already on her way out of the room, she hadn't realized how anxious the room made her, even if Thesephine would closely be on her tail. Taking a moment, she observed the rip in her shirt from the spear stab she took. It'd be easy to resow, but... "Oh that's a lot of blood..." She sighed again, when she had time she'd have to clean it off but now wasn't the time. She didn't know what was next. She leaned against a nearby wall, holding her head in her hands.

Edited by Silver Gallade

"... Alone?" Thesephine hadn't expected to be spoken to by the dragon-- why had she been present, anyway? Sollowy made clear what she had been about to, anyway. "If it's important, she can hear it too. She's going to be Queen, after all... So she'll hear it eventually. No better time than now." Foot down on the subject, Thessy shook her head. One thing after the other to piss her off today...

"I, what...?" Xalrei had been expecting resistance, Thesephine was clearly agitated, but not in the form of that bombshell being dropped on her head. Wasn't that fairy from a few weeks ago, anyway...? How... A sigh escaped her lips, shaking her head. "I, I guess that's fine then. But, we still need a private room. It's, not something that just anyone can hear."

"What's stopping you from just saying it here? No one's around; Thesephine's plenty busy as it is." Though perhaps a bit mean-spirited of her, Sollowy didn't really care about what the dragon had to say. She wasn't one of Thessy's retainers, or anyone high-ranking at the fort from what she could tell. Thesephine shouldn't have to be jumped by the peasantry just because the chance was there.

"Out with i!" Thesephine clarified her words with her tail cracking against the stone floor of the fort. "I've no time to be dragged off to a room to speak with someone I don't know about something I don't know, so out with it and stop wasting my damn time, dragon!"

Xalrei hadn't expected the outburst, flinching as the sound of Thesephine's tail whipping against the stone rang throughout the hall. Laselia, please don't be mad about where I'm saying this... But would what she was about to say actually be heard? She was both worried and frustrated that this was going down like this, she had pictured it going much better... "F, Fine! I'm your sister! Our mother sent me to live with Ralsvelgr when the hero attacked... That's where I've been."

"Her, sister...?" Sollowy almost couldn't believe what she was hearing, especially who she was hearing it from. This nobody was suddenly claiming to be a heir for the throne? Right after she'd just gotten together with Thessy? It felt suspicious, the nobles would definitely be petty enough to try something like this...(edited)

"..." Thesephine's rage was only held in check for a moment, before she ripped Stholia off of her neck! A moment's magic formed the spear proper, blade tip aimed right at Xalrei's face! "You dare? You dare, right now, while all of that nonsense is swimming in my head... You DARE to spout such nonsense at me!? My SISTER!? My sister is dead! And you're not the only pretender that's dared try to--"

Stholia suddenly swung around, Thesephine feeling the presence on her other shoulder. Luckily, she stopped herself, before it could cut down-- "A-Asami!? You know not to sneak up on me! What do you want? I'm busy dealing with a nuisance..."

"Ahah~ Well, I simply had to stop you before you killed the only family you have left." Asami smiled, no attempt to poke fun at Thesephine.

The medusa's eyes twitched, but she didn't bark at the kitsune, or claim otherwise. Asami was a trickster, but she would play pranks, not tear at someone's heart. "... Y-You're, bluffing."

"I'm not..."

Did her silence mean she'd listened? For a brief moment Xalrei thought this would actually go that easily. The dragon didn't know what she was expecting when Thesephine ripped the necklace off her neck, but it wasn't a spear in her face! Instinctively she'd stepped back, claw going for Requiem to at least defend herself. "I'm not lying! I really am your sister! Why would I lie about this!?" She started shouting back, stepping forward, towering over Thesephine--

Asami's intervention got Thesephine's attention off of Xalrei before things could escalate further, the dragon taking a deep breath and letting herself calm down now that her life wasn't in immediate danger. "See? I'm not lying... Asami was the one who told me who a really was."

That had certainly escalated quickly, Sollowy nowhere near fast enough to even try to stop Thessy, not the fairy was sure she even would have. If this dragon had really been a fake, she mustn't be if one of Thessy's retainers was vouching for her, then she would have deserved what she got for bringing up something so painful for the tiny ruler. As things were, however, Sollowy figured she ought to at least help her girlfriend calm down. Gently placing her hand on Thesephine's spear arm, she applied pressure, trying to get the much stronger girl to lower her weapon.

"I... Th-Then, you're... Tundyssa. That's... I, I you're... I'm not, alone...?" Thesephine slowly lowered her spear. Too many things were floating in her mind right now. The chimera, the enemy princess, this dragon claiming to be her sister-- but Asami was claiming she was, and she wouldn't lie about this, not this, not just for kicks, which meant--

"S-Sister!" Stholia turned back into a necklace in time for Thesephine to nearly bowl Xalrei over with a hug, claws tightening around the girl's back. "You were dead! They told me you were dead! I was... I was completely, alone...!" Thesephine bit back tears as the hug got tighter and tighter, she didn't want to let go in fear that her suddenly found sister would disappear all over again.

"And my job here is done... See you all later~" Asami turned a corner and was... Gone. Tricksy fox...

"Th, That's my real name..." Xalrei still wasn't used to having her 'real' name spoken aloud, awkwardness coming back now that Thesephine was calmed down. She wasn't ready for her sister's tacklehug, or the ensuing deathgrip, either. "Hrrk! E, Ease up, the hug, please...!" Came Xalrei's strained request; not even Laselia had ever hugged her this hard...

Sighing, Xalrei slowly wrapped her arms around Thesephine to return her hug even though she hadn't let up at all, holding her sister tight. "They didn't even tell me I had a sister... Father, I guess he's actually Grandfather, raised me as if I was his daughter. I... I'm so happy to meet you, sister. I've been thinking about you, ever since I learned about you..." A rare smile graced Xalrei's face as she stared down at her sister.

"I'm really happy for you, Thessy..." Sollowy said with a gentle smile as she watched the sisters embrace. Part of her wanted to hug Thesephine as well, but this was their moment. She would have more than her fair share of time later...

"Damn you uncle Rals! I'll kick your ass the next time I see you!" Thessy cursed through tears as she eased up as much as she was comfortable, stopping herself from squeezing Xalrei's spine to death. "Damn you... Hhhhgh... I'm... I w-wasn't, ready for something like... Like this... Nhh, y-you're, coming with us."

Thessy finally let the hug go, grabbing Xalrei's claw with her own, dragging her back towards Sollowy. "I have too many questions for you! And you're not getting away from me until we can sit down and answer them properly."

Xalrei could only suppress her laughter as Thessy cursed out her father, finally free from worry about her spine getting snapped by her overeager sister. She let her tug her back over to the fairy, tail lightly swishing, simply happy to finally be with her family.

"I have a lot I want to ask you too. It's not like I'm going to disappear..." Not anymore...

Having left the meeting room with far more information than she'd bargained for, Lavinia was trying to properly absorb it all. A lot of it was medical talk, but the revelation about Tharasonis had left her a bit startled. He'd been such a wonderful leader, had he really been looking into that behind closed doors? Perhaps even having Erephis partake...? It was a lot to think about, but there was something more important ahead of her. Having left Thesephine to her own devices, the king seeming rather upset at the moment, Lavinia left ahead of them. Marina was there, further down the hall, clutching her face and side, resting against the wall...

"Marina?" She approached her carefully, hand gently on her shoulder-- before she noticed the blood. "Oh, Hess, when did you get this hurt?" She quickly retrieved her staff and began to work on the wound, sighing quietly. "Uh... I realize this may all be, a lot to take in, Marina. But none of this is your fault... alright? Just, understand that."

"....." Ayane looked aside when poor Taliyah addressed the oni if they would be killing her father together. What a rough situation this was, one Ayane wasn't quite prepared for. No matter what her front was she couldn't kill Suzume if she couldn't even bring herself to defeat a person she only knew for a day, it frustrated Ayane to no end. 'Reconciliation hm...' She couldn't bring herself to kill Ren, even with her anger at full force. Of course she couldn't, he's family. 'No matter what happens Ren will be by my side, even if he isn't right now. Then maybe Suzume...' The princess spent some time in her thoughts, but she eventually took a light sigh and turned to Taliyah with a response.

"Facing family...is not an easy task. Nor is it one I'd wish upon anyone, most of all you." She pulled her bandages back up, a bit tighter this time around. "That being said neither one is entirely lost. My sister may be zombified but her consciousness is still with her somewhat, she hesitated to fight me when I confronted her." When the bandages were tied back up she pulled her sleeve back on. "Your father may have committed crimes but he is still alive, and as long as that fact stands it's not impossible to find another way to subdue him..."

The oni pulled her hands behind her head to straighten the bow tied in it. "And of course neither one of us is truly alone. I have Ren, even if we are apart he won't hesitate to lend me his full support when I need him. And you have your aunt Erephis as well I'm sure, and even then well...you at least have my support for what little it's worth...mm..." She hesitated a little as she looked aside. 'How in the hells did I get this far...Ren would have been smoother with this I'm sure...' "M.my apologies...the art of conversation is a talent that escapes me but hm...thank you for the salve, Taliyah. It helped a lot." She bowed her head slightly.

Edited by TheRoon

"If that's what you wish, Amera." Nessraya replied at the catfolk's question, slowing just a bit to allow her to follow, having started moving to the exit as soon as she had been given the clear to do so.

_______

Clingy, this one. Oh well, she could deal with this much, given what Suki had put her through earlier.

"If you ask me, I'd like to get to a point where I don't need to fight anymore. Sure, getting stronger is great and all, but I'd rather that strength not be necessary. Still... something like that is a long ways off, if ever. Oh well..."

“Hmm… Nisha, yes?” The genasi asked with a raised brow even if she wasn’t looking at the girl she inquired from. “No fighting sounds also nice, yes. I left my world to explore, and see how not genasi normally see. Fighting is good as I… Am not properly… strong for this world, I believe it is? It helps show I have grown, and can help the in need.” Her nod was confident, even if the full story really wasn’t explained. But, that can be saved for a later time.

Marina was caught off guard by Lavinia calling out to her and suddenly healing her. She gave a light laugh, "Oh, it wasn't anything major, it was... uh, that stab you healed earlier, I guess it wasn't all the way healed. It's not too bad, don't worry," She stood back up, wiping her face and taking a breath, "Thank you, Lavinia."

Turning around, she leaned against the wall she was on, "I... I know, I know and I'm trying," She nodded, "It's still hard, y'know, also in that room filled with people who... don't think like you do. It was... stressful. Heh," and she cracked a small smile, "I guess I have made some progress since we started, though. When I first met Her Highness, I could barely look her in the eye, too scared to offer an apology feeling like it'd be too empty. Now, I didn't think about a single person's opinion, and showed some mercy to someone. I-- I didn't overstep anything, did I? I just... did what I thought was right."

She looked back into the room, "Seeing her, I-- you were there, saw how I reacted during the fight. But, seeing her look like that... It hurt, it was like what's been going on with me. For a moment, she felt like... a part of me, if that makes sense. I mean, she literally is," She started lightly laughing again, trying to hold it back,

"S-Sorry, I... it felt like a weight lifting, leaving the r-room, I... I shouldn't be laughing."

Edited by Silver Gallade

Bladen grumbled a bit at the giggle, but he didn't resist as she leaned into him. "I just want to know more about you... There's so much you know, about me, my people, but more than that, the world. Carrying so many secrets... I just want to help carry a few of them. Because you're important to me, ok?" He gently rubbed her back, twisting to look her in the eyes. "I just want to know what I'm dealing with, you know? Even the playing field out a little bit. I need all the help I can get, hah."

And then she was quickly trying to move past a slip up. Someone with a name that started with T. Something very clearly important. But not for him, according to her. He frowned slightly, but nodded. "Of course. If that's truly what you wish." But no matter what his lips said, his mind was racing. She was nothing if not a secret keeper, that much was clear. But somehow this seemed like more. Knowledge that could burn him if he pushed too far. But if it could burn him, it could burn her too. He would need to find out more. She said it was connected to the onis. Perhaps he would have to talk with them... See if perhaps one of them had a looser tongue than Asami.

Astraea nodded, smiling at the snake, even as she was blushing due to something with her tongue. "Ah, no, there is no need to be apologizing Erephis. Thou has done nothing wrong. Thine smile is beautiful with or without your tongue." She placed a hand on the lamia's shoulder, a gesture she remembered as being reassuring in some of her dreams, and made eye contact with the blushing woman. "Thou has given me much. I would not dare to view something as simple as your smile as reason to change my opinion of you, so thou must not worry. Your wisdom is great, and I owe you for what information you do give me. So once again I must thank you." She gave her shoulder a squeeze and then stepped back, stretching slightly. "Perhaps some time thou would tell me more of this world. As I am to be staying here for some time, I would do well to learn more. There are many pieces of it all in my head from my dreams, but there is only so much that a dream can show. I would know more, if you were willing."

The medusa - the Demon King - he was still processing that, somewhat - slipped out of the room before he could get a word in edgewise; not that it was much issue. He was fine with the arrangement, after all; no, the surprise lay more with the concern the "Hero" was showing to Ariana, at least before she had been ordered away. Surely it was impossible for anyone not to be unnerved after hearing of such terrible experiments, and yet she was more worried for the girl in front of him than anything else. What's more, she was walking around still wounded, without making any mention of it... the humor of which was not lost to him, still aching where the arrow had hit him, but he dismissed that - there were more important things to focus on.

Having taken the offered waterskin, he continued to slowly give her water. Surely there was something he could do... her physical wounds were treated as well as was possible for now, since healing magic didn't work. Perhaps he could distract her a bit, at least. He cleared his throat, awkwardly.

"Ehm... Ariana, yes...? Hopefully you can understand me right now... you're going to be alright. I know you're in a lot of pain right now, and I'm... trying to think of some way to help with that. For now... try to focus on something else. A... good memory with a friend, or something like that."

Ah, he was floundering. Damn. He hadn't exactly ever practiced his bedside manner on the enemy...

Edited by mcd900

He notices the shift as soon as it happens.  The slow realization shifts his face into shock and surprise, before shame and guilt twists it as soon as the zombie flees.  At Gabriela's words he shakes his head and tries to reassure her with a smile that only comes out as a grimace.  "I shouldn't be the one to go, seeing as my condition is what caused this visceral reaction.  I do agree however that someone should keep her company and make sure she's okay." Maybe even make sure Jade not lash out at others...

"I never said I wasn't," he huffs, refraining from rolling his eyes.  "Apparently the other half of our group deemed it wise to take their healers with them...which wasn't wise at all.  Quite the opposite in fact," he drawls with a deadpan, now debating on the integrity of such a decision.  

Brushing the thoughts away, his attention is once more back on Gabriela.  The worry is appreciated, gently squeezing her arm to show how much it means to him.  When Aithlin offers to follow after Jade he has no qualms about that.  "Please tell her I do apologize for not thinking of how my condition can affect her," he makes sure to say this before the elf leaves, before letting himself lean against Gabriela a bit more.

"I don't suppose we can go and disrupt the others for a bit of healing now?"

She lets herself be one with the background, letting the other two speak their thoughts as Bridgit mulls over her own.  The Pureblood felt quite rude in intruding now, not having any strong feelings about the problems these two were going through.  She can't relate to it, and it left her...hollow?  No, that's not it.  Having her oppose a member of her family...that's not something Bridgit wants to experience.  At all.  If it were her facing Lavinia (if it were Roman) she knows she couldn't go through with it.  Her heart wouldn't be in it, and that's a weakness she can't bring herself to talk about.

Before her thoughts spiral any more, Bridgit catches Taliyah giving her such a soft expression that she has to give pause before speaking once more.  "It may seem that Ayane and...myself, have the same train of thought," she struggles a bit with the familiarity, but marches on.  "If our solutions always result in death, then we're no better than the trash we fight against."  Not the most eloquent, but straight to the point.  

Aithlin quickly interjected. She seemed to have some idea what was wrong with Jade. Besides, Ren also needed help, clearly, and judging from his reaction, his wounds may have had something to do with Jade's strange behaviour. Getting those fixed would probably be high on the priority list to get Jade to feel better. The siren decided to talk to Jade about this later, when she feels better. 

She went to hug Ren, first of all. ''I'm glad you're alright, Ren. I know you're a capable fighter, but you still worry me a lot, you know.'' Then again, she wasn't one to talk. She fought on the front lines in the battle too, and had to drink a vulnerary to close some of her immediate wounds. ''It looks like I could use some healing as well. Do you think you could lead the way? I have no idea where everyone else is, least of all where the healers are hanging out.'' She kept clinging to Ren, looking at his wounds. They were more severe as she would have thought.

Jade had spat her hand out from her mouth after a couple dozen seconds had passed. She hadn't been followed. Good. That meant not needing to try a last resort... which probably would have backfired, thinking on it a touch more soberly. Unlike when she was alive, biting her finger off wouldn't have even brought the sense of pain to maybe jolt her out of a frenzy. In fact, it probably would have made matters worse, what with the taste of blood and all. Not to mention the hassle it would cause. Just sewing a finger back on was enough trouble, but who was to say she wouldn't have swallowed it or something. She liked that finger. She needed that finger.

The zombie's frantic shamble now slowed to a more pedestrian shuffle, as she stared down at her hand, lost in thought. A grasping touch on her shoulder prompted a snarl in response. She should have expected it, there'd been a low background buzz of voices in her ears, but it had seemed farther away. The potent scent of living flesh and blood certainly was, which meant...? This? Cool calm hand... was another like her. Undead. The ebbing urge did not swell again, hot and fierce, or if it did at least it was not by much. Still... unwanted. Shrugging off the touch, she stumbled to rest against the nearby wall.

Unwanted? Was it? Could she be sure? Maybe...? At the very least, it was one who would help... keep things from the worst? But who? Dull, flat eyes focused slightly, a spark of life returning to them. She perceived her pursuer. Ah, right. The elf who had been with them, this made sense. Not, Lavinia... but...

"Ai, I'm... Ai, I'm hungry... so hungry. I shouldn't... it was never this bad when I travelled alone... or if it was, I don't remember... there was nobody to bother... but now?" Jade sighed and shuddered. Half-consciously she reached out, took the hand that had been on her and roughly pulled. Her mouth opened wide a moment, and then shut. She pressed her forehead hard against the dullahan's collarbone, now right before her face. "I'm... scared. Silly... as that might sound." Her brain was in too much fog to figure out anything else to say.

It seemed like Tenebria was more comfortable around Marina, but Agni's presence still meant something --especially when Thesephine laid out a piece of her mind and the princess shrunk behind him.... which had a very weird feeling, the princess towering over him.

"...Right." Thesephine had made her opinions clear, and they were better than they could've been, so Agni decided to take up on that request. "Sorry, princess Tenebria, but... the weight of the church's actions will be on our shoulders, these wounds are still fresh." He gripped her arm in an attempt to comfort, giving a very weak attempt at a smile, "I believe in Marina, I'm sure her decision will lead us to the right path. So... we should be going, helping the injured is a sound idea regardless." Agni did feel sorry for Tenebria, putting herself in such a predicament willingly.

"If you don't mind." He let go of her arm, still turned towards her, but walking to the door. Being a guide was more than fire. Out in the hall, there was... a curious scene alright. The Demon King and Xalrei hugging, a call of sister, he'd... walked in at a time, hadn't he? "Ah..." Agni turned his attention back to Tenebria. With how his relationship was... far from amicable with both individuals, Agni figured his better move was to pretend he wasn't there.

It took most of his concentration to not cry out when the Siren started to press against most of his injuries.  In any other circumstance he would've jumped on the idea of accepting such loving attention, but-

"A-Ah, yes.  I do...apologize for worrying you dear."  Keep it together, the pain is only temporary.  "To be quite honest I don't really know where the rest of the group went.  A bit busy...tending to my wounds myself," he forces out while biting back a pained whine.  "We might as well wait...with the others- Gab, dear, I know you're worried and I'm worried as well but my wounds won't get better if you keep on pressing against them."  He says the rest in a rushed breath, the words tumbling out in a rather undignified manner.  Sorry Gabriela, your beau did try his best but there's only so much he can handle after getting his ass kicked by his dear cousin.

"No... You did great, Ayane. That... It means a lot to me, what you're saying. I'll do my best, t-to face my father, and see if I can talk him out of this... I don't know if it'll work, but I have to try. He's still... My father. No matter what... I don't want to see him die." Taliyah sniffled back her tears and nodded. "Mmm... A-And I'm really glad that, you're feeling better, Ayane. You're... A really, nice person. Thank you..."

Taliyah glanced at Bridgit and smiled while wiping the last of her tears away. "I'm r-really glad to have made friends here... Even if I'm only half-lizardfolk. Nice to be around people that don't care..."

"I... Y-Yes. I trust Marinn-na too... Thank you, Agnn, ni... I'll, go and help you with, whoever n-nn, needs healed." Tenna held herself as Agni stepped away from her, slowly following him out of the room... The demon king was right there, though... Having an odd moment, with someone else. She reached out and gently tugged on Agni's sleeve, trying to get him to move. "It's... N-Nnn, no-not, out busin, ness... Let's go, Agn-ni. I can... Handle healing them, even if they scare me. Just make sure they don't, touch me..."

"Mmm... Marina, just... Know that even if they used you to make her, she isn't... How do I say this..." Lavinia paused to think, running a gauntlet into her hair. "You... Don't owe it to her to care. That may sound rude of me... Perhaps dismissive, but even if brainwashed, she tried to kill you. Came here with the princess in tow for her own ingrained orders... It's... Be nice, and care, if you wish. I will not stop you. But... Mm..." Lavinia couldn't put it to words, but being kind, being so nice and caring to this... Creation meant for Marina's demise, it felt off. Whatever Nessraya did could have been undone at any moment. It could be a plot. Marina was simply too trusting... That everything was working properly. "I'll be here to make sure you don't get yourself hurt doing whatever you wish, at least, Marina. I promise... Let's go outside now, yes? You did very well staying in the same room as Thesephine without panicking... And I'm sure that some fresh air will aid that weight you've removed." Gently taking her hand, Lavinia did her best to smile, heading towards the outdoors.

Erephis flinched, but didn't recoil as badly as before, simply nodding. "Ahh... Y-Yes... If, I think of anything interesssting to tell you about thiss, world... I'll try my best to shhhhare it, okay?" It wasn't much, but it was the best Erephis could offer, right now. This darkness... It was worrying, but the higher powers would protect their world. No matter what.

So she was hungry... Aithlin figured as much. Jade was still a zombie, even if she still had her intelligence... The elf wasn't afraid, though. If she hadn't been thinking about it, perhaps getting bitten would've made her scream... But, conscious of things, Aithlin knew that she couldn't feel pain. Getting pulled close was alarming, but it seemed that Jade was still aware enough to not dive into a frenzy... Still, she couldn't ignore this. Undead were granted immortality, at a cost. Lavinia couldn't be in the sun, and needed to drink blood. Aithlin would die if her armor was shattered. Jade... Would go crazy, if she didn't feed her instincts every now and then. Taking a moment to push her back just enough, Aithlin presented her forearm, staring at the woman.

"Bite it. Take a chunk out. Eat... You have to. This is part of what it means to be what you are... Maybe you didn't get enough at breakfast, maybe the blood set you off, but if you wait this out, it'll just be worse next time. I might be new to this whole undead thing... But I've done my research. Made sure I knew, when I was diving into old crypts, looking for treasure. Take a bite, and wake up, Jade." I can hold her back if I need to, anyway... I'm strong enough, now.

"Mmm... If tonight goes as well as I'm hoping, Bladen... Then I'll tell you once we're done with Ithraxl. How does that sound?" It wouldn't do to put that weight on his shoulders while they were still dealing with the lizard. "I'm sure you understand... I can't share secrets simply because of lip service... Not this kind of lip service, at least~ Mmm... Getting excited now... I know exactly what I'm going to do with you." She left whatever T was about alone, cuddling into him... Though it seemed their discussions were about to be cut short.

"Gather around, everyone!" Thesephine approached the training area, heading to a nearby table stationed to the side of it all, before lifting it with ease and carrying it towards the center of the small field. "We need to discuss what we're doing with Ithraxl... As well as check up on how all of you are doing."

"You'll, need to... Do something e-else, as well..." A voice called out into the field... Ariana, in Seilan's grasp, slowly walking towards Thesephine. "Hello... Demon King."

"You... You're already up?"

"Y-Yeah... And I'll, tell you whatever you need to know... As well, as... A, Ayane!" The girl did her best to call over towards the oni, Seilan helping her over to the table enough for her to collapse against it, slowly picking herself up onto her feed. Thesephine was on guard, claw on Stholia, just in case. "I... I need, t-to talk to you... I have something, important, t-to say, first..."

Memories

"... I don't have, any memories." The room had cleared out, and Ariana finally spoke to the only person there, Seilan. "None of them... Are mine. They're all... They're all hers. Those that are, mine are..." She shuddered, too weak and in pain to sit herself up from the cold floor of the cell. They hadn't even locked the door when they left... They truly expected what they'd done to her to have worked.

Well, it did. It did, and I want to die... The people I hurt!? The things I DID!? All because of an order from the church, all because I'm not, even real!! Her mind screamed at her, curling up a bit, sniffling back further tears.

"S-Seilan! Why was I made!? Just to hurt people? Just to kill? I don't understand! Why did they give me a personality...? Why did they give me her personality!? Everything I've done is coming back to me without the church's veil, I, I and, I... Oh, God...!" Ariana had to force herself onto her side as a panicked vomit spat out onto the floor next to her, coughing, unable to stop the crying. "Why...? I don't, I-I don't, understand... All those... All those people, I killed s-so, many people... Why... Why did, they make me... Able to understand...?"

"E-Easy, now... you're in no state to move." Ignoring the vomit, he reached out to her gently and set her back down on her back. 'Her' personality... Coteon gave her the Hero's personality... just to enslave it...? "I can't fathom why the church... no, listen. There's no sense to be made of their cruelty, it's... it's not worth thinking about. Whatever you did, I understand enough to tell it was because of their control. That wasn't... you."

He slipped off his cloak and draped it over her, hoping to provide some small comfort from the cold stone floor. "The general probably did away with the church's hold over you to..." -to interrogate you, probably- "...in the hopes that you might be able to help stop their crimes." After a pensive moment, he continued. "...So that what's happening to you doesn't happen to anyone else, alright...?"

She's still in a lot of pain from what the general did. Leylines... back when I couldn't do anything but use a staff, they told me leylines were why... come on, think...

"They want information about Coteon. They might feel bad for me, but I still heard them talking... No way I'd talk without this done to me, right...?" A painful laugh left her, curling up a bit, at the least comforted by Seilan's cloak. "Ghh... I will talk. Not because they want me to... But because Coteon deserves everything I know to go towards their destruction." She could feel herself gritting her teeth, a sensation slowly rising above the pain her body was in.

"It doesn't matter if I was under control, Seilan. I never questioned it... Not hard enough to try and fight against it. I can see myself in my memories doing things I couldn't, possibly... It's still me. It's still my hand. No villager will accept such an explanation for the death of their family... No mother will care, that I was 'brainwashed' when they ask me, why their son isn't coming home. Gods, be damned..."

"...There won't be many that will even consider forgiving you, even motivated as you are now to make Coteon pay, no. Even among those of us who know what happened to you, I imagine some will still... feel strongly about things." 

He was unable to say anything more, for a moment. What she said was true enough; nobody was very likely to spare her the slightest shred of sympathy given the... magnitude... of the things she'd done. Still...

"I don't know more than what they said about the extent of you being under control, but... if you say you didn't question things, that just makes it all the more clear to me that you had no say in your own actions. It no longer defines you... but if you let it linger in your mind, it'll be no different as if you were still under their spell. I'm... sure you already know that, though, seeing as how you say you'll tell us everything. And something tells me" -that if you're anything like the Hero's been- "you don't intend on running away from what you've done."

He paused, gazing aside to nowhere in particular. "...I just remembered something I want to try. Here, let me untie your hands. This won't hurt... not any more than anything you're feeling right now, at least."

"... Go ahead. Nothing will hurt as much as... That. Not ever again... I think dying would feel kinder." A shudder ran through her body a her wrists were freed, not so much as moving or attempting to escape in the slightest. "And... You're right. Everyone will hate me. I don't want to run away... So I throw this tool at the enemy until it can't move anymore... That is... The only solution present for me." Ariana slowly, incredibly slowly, pushed herself up to sitting, a sharp breath and her arms shaking the entire time. "Ahh... Hhghhk...!"

It felt like her body was being stabbed by needles all over. Not the kind one would get when a part of them fell asleep. Large, rusted nails getting hammered into her body. It took everything in her mind staring at her arms to convince her body that nothing was happening to it, trying to settle down enough to let Seilan do as he wished.

It was about... ten years ago, now. He still remembered it well. He'd been sitting, bored, on the sidelines of a mock combat exercise with a couple of the academy's priests. One of the top students was making a particularly daring flourish with her wooden sword when a man in professor's robes tapped his shoulder and extended a hand.

Leylines...

There had been... a feeling almost like electricity running through his veins when he shook the man's hand. After that day, it seemed like anima magic - thunder, at least - began to come naturally to him. 

Then, in that case... I never asked what that was. But if my leylines were the problem...

"Here goes." He took Ariana's hand into his own, closing his eyes. He focused intently on the feeling of the flow of magic, trying to extend it, almost push it, towards her. It occurred to him that perhaps it might worsen her condition, but he didn't feel comfortable leaving things as they were, and he pushed the thought aside to focus once more on the magic.

"What, are you... S-Seilan? You said it, wouldn't hurt...!" For a moment, the pain in her arm increased, almost reaching the same intensity as it had been when Nessraya ripped those orders out--

"A-Ahh... Oh..." Only for a moment. Slowly, the needles and pain slipped away. A dull prickling sensation continued to rest over her body, but things were... Much better. She breathed a sigh of relief... Staring down at the floor, not noticing that her tail had started to wag on its own.

"I... Th-Thank you..."

He breathed a quiet sigh of relief; for a moment there he thought he'd made things worse. "Y-yes... of course. Glad that worked..." ...Seems like you're doing okay if your tail's wagging like that...

Opening his eyes again, he found himself speaking before he could catch himself, only now catching on to what she'd said before. "Ariana... that's... you can't just throw yourself at the enemy. That's no different from being a weapon, no different than... you were before. Even if you say it's for your own revenge... well, call it strange if you like, but I don't want... don't think you should throw your life away like that."

Realizing he still had her hand in his own, he returned it to her slowly, sitting back a little as he did so. "I... probably shouldn't be telling you what to do. I hardly understand what you've been through, but..."

Her tail stopped wagging. "I have to. I have no other way to pay back the people that I've hurt. There's... Nothing else that I can do. No matter how much you all wish me not to. I was your enemy, not moments ago, anyway... Don't get attached and things will be fine. When I finally die, you can pretend like I never met any of you. It's that simple." A dry smile fit her face, looking away from Seilan. A painfully simple solution... One she seemed committed on.

"I see. It's... a bit selfish, but I don't want to see any more meaningless deaths, you included. I lost a fair few friends recently... here, far from home, in an unfamiliar place... I suppose if I can't convince you otherwise, then you'll do things your way, though." It seemed clear enough that she was set in her ways right now, at least, and given everything she'd been through it was... understandable, at least, that she thought so extremely of things. Perhaps given some time. she'd start to think differently about herself, but for now she understood that some were concerned about her.

"Just don't be in a hurry to get yourself killed. It's difficult enough looking after people seeing as how the Vaians seem to like locking everyone who can heal a bruise in meetings as it is... with my staff not working on you I might have to start keeping extra bandages and vulneraries on me, and...  ah. Unbecoming of a mercenary to complain about the work, isn't it...?" He laughed a little at himself despite the heavy topic. Well... maybe it'll lighten her mood a bit...?

"It is incredibly selfish, Seilan." Ariana did her best to move and look at him, scowling gently, though she wasn't quite upset at him... "Do you truly understand how much pain I've caused this country? I've killed hundreds... By my own hand. I won't try to get myself killed. Not on purpose. That would defeat what I must now do... I have to live, as I said, until this body gives out. Do as much as I can to right the wrongs I've committed until I can't anymore. Jumping into battle looking for death would achieve nothing... So if that calms some of your worries, there you have it. But I will not sit idly and attempt to forgive myself..."

It took a struggle, and her legs were still shaking, but she managed to get herself standing. "If... If they didn't lock the door, and you've untied me... Can you escort me, to the rest of the group, that I may properly apologize for all I've done to them? Marina and Ayane especially..." Her ears drooped, tail sinking, shoulders falling. Even if she was resolute in her goal, it didn't stop the guilt running deep in her mind. "I... I-I didn't think it would kill her, she was right next to Nessraya, but... Then the general attacked me with her magic. It reflected, a-and, it... If she'd knocked herself out with her own spell, Ayane would have died. I could have killed her... I... I need, to apologize. And much more..."

"Wait - slow down, you..." -you shouldn't even be moving yet, but this is important- "...you need to not push yourself like that in your condition. I'll help you; lean on me if you need to."

She was saying a lot of things he didn't quite follow; he knew she'd attacked an ally of theirs named Ayane, but not having been there he didn't know all the details. Still, for her to want to apologize so strongly... it put him at ease, a little. There may yet be more reason than she thought to not throw her life away.

"If the general or the Demon King sees you up and about so soon, they're going to start asking you everything they were saving for later. Be ready for that, alright?"

"I'm ready... And I don't, need... Nhn..." Despite her words, Alriana's attempt to walk was met with nearly falling over, catching herself on Seilan. Luckily for them both, they had removed her armor, so the girl was barely heavier than Marina, her tail adding only a slight bit more weight. "Ugh... I... F-Fine..." A blush met her face, embarrassment at her own inability, leaning into Seilan's shoulder more.

"Take me out, to them... I'll tell them whatever they need to know. Whatever I can share... About Carlon's plans and what Coteon wants." She rushed him a bit, tugging on his arm, trying to calm again despite her unstable feet. "C-Come on..."

He felt a bit bad about doing it, but he couldn't help teasing her a little after catching a glance of how embarrassed she was getting. "Coming, coming; we'll go at your pace. You're real energetic now, huh? I guess I don't have to worry about how your recovery's going."

He started to walk slowly, trying to focus on supporting her, and less so on the myriad questions someone seeing Ariana leaning on him to walk might have. It was best to leave such thoughts for when they - inevitably, actually, given they were going to go meet with the others - became relevant.

"Let's go find them, then, so you can tell them what you know. Stop me anytime if need to rest for a moment, you're, ah... leaning on me a fair bit as it is, so... if you need to, yeah."

"Don't get too excited. I'm only leaning on you because my body is still recovering from what was done to it... I will not be relying on you in such a way in the future." An indignant huff escaped her, moving slowly with Seilan. "Just... Th... Th-Thank you, Seilan. Don't tell anyone about this. Ever."

A...really nice person. Ayane wasn't in the mind set to take complements, it actually caught her off guard. But she kept herself composed and decided to take it. "Think nothing of it, the hard part is going forward with our decisions." 'That said...I wonder if I can really defeat Suzume...or if I even have to. Could there be another way after all?' She partially said what she could to calm Taliyah down, though she did mean every word she said. It just hadn't completely sunk in that perhaps she didn't have to fight her. Part of her was still struggling with herself, she wasn't sure what to make of today. Except that she didn't want to lose any more family. '...I have to try. One way or another.'

Though Ayane wasn't in her own thoughts for very long, Thesephine approached the group and called everyone over. The oni complied and approached the center, but as she did she was greeted by a surprise. Ariana, up and back already. Ayane didn't expect to see her so soon, if anything she expected her to be locked up or even executed at worst. On top of that her appearance was also surprising, a pair of cat ears and a tail? On top of regular ears? She looked even less human than Ayane. 'What in the world is going on...?' Ayane couldn't help but feel her blood rise again upon seeing her, she remembered the betrayal. But she used her will power to keep it back, it also helped that her body was exhausted. So what little anger she had only came out as annoyance. "...do what you must." Was all she could mumble out with folded arms.

Edited by TheRoon

"... I'm truly. Truly, sorry... For what I did to you. I won't ask your forgiveness... But know that I regret it, with all that I am. Nessraya has undone the hold the church had over me... But I still remember everything. If you wish to get back at me, by all means... I won't stop you." Ariana met the oni's stare with sad eyes, but didn't look away.

"I will! I need you alive to answer questions! Don't you dare go and give your life over to someone else, not before you tell us everything you know!" Thesephine wasn't about this honor nonsense, forgiveness, or whatever. "Keep this until the meeting is over, the both of you! Swear to Hess, I'm going to blow a blood vessel... She's not hostile, everyone! Not anymore... If she tries anything, I have my eye on her. Be cautious, but don't be afraid." Thesephine sighed and pulled a map out of her pocket, going about smoothing it onto the table while people gathered.

"You.. can't just," Jade pushed farther away after having been separated from resting against the dullahan, almost recoiling from the offered flesh. She did grab the forearm in her face firmly though, pulling it away from eye-level, then the zombie turned and began dragging Aithlin along by the wrist as she made for one of the convenient new holes in the city walls.

"If you're that... determined, maybe you _can_ help." She was not asking. "Maybe I'll bite you in the end, even... But, if I do it will not... cannot be while I am me... You could be right... I could need a hunt, a kill. And maybe after finding and tearing a deer or the like limb from limb I'll still be going apeshit. But maybe I won't. Watch me. Make sure no-one else gets caught up in it."

"I can't just leave you alone like this! Better for you to bite someone that can't feel it than hurt and traumatize someone else, right?" Aithlin groaned as Jade began to drag her outside the city, but it made sense, at least... "Look, Jade... Go and do what you need to. Okay? I'm going to go to the inn, first, but I'll be waiting outside... I'll bring a towel and some warm water." Hopefully the implications didn't miss the zombie, as Aithlin pulled her arm away. "The undead gotta stick together... Don't want to worry anyone if you come back covered in deer. Is that fine...?"

"I understand, Lavinia," She nodded, "Don't worry, I'm not so quick to be blinded by my kindness," a smile followed. Truthfully, she had thought that if there was the slim chance Ariana was still dangerous, Marina would've been ready to retaliate. But that's up to Lavinia whether or not she'd believe her, the hero didn't have the best track record anyway...

She took Lavinia's hand and took a breath, "You're right, I need some air." Her head still hurt. Everything that had gone on, it was... rough, challenging. She was hungry too, not that her stomach helped any... A low grumble definitely made this point aware, but she tried ignoring it.

After a couple minutes of relaxing walking, they were out in the training area, Marina already feeling her headache come back hearing Thesephine again, Oh god not aga-- then an even more shocking thing. Ariana was already on her feet again. Marina felt like addressing the girl, but... not now. Too much going on.

''O-oh.'' Gabriela jumped a bit. ''I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to hurt you more.'' she looked sad. ''Am I really supposed to just let you keep hurting while we wait? At least let us go somewhere and tend to your wounds ourselves! What if your wounds get infected?!'' The siren was being a bit of a worrywart, but for good reason! At least that was what she told herself. Maybe it more of an excuse to stay a little clingy. Besides, there wasn't much more to be doing now. As far as she was aware, the interrogation was still ongoing, and where everyone else was hanging out was another thing altogether. For now, it would be fine to just stay by Ren's side and help him. Just a little longer.