Hero, Don't Kill The Demon King! Chapter 1: Lives Not Yet Thrown Away

Nanami Touko

After that first charge after the doors were opened, the rebels and... summoned beasts were fended back considerably. With so much ground gained, it was time to advance.

Agni to (20,17), main gauche Zombie #6.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agni charges in and throws knives!
Roll1: 44,6(76)
Critical1
39 damage
Roll2: 91,23(2)
Ignis!
19 damage!
The zombie is slain!
Agni gains +37 exp, +3 hidden wexp!
Agni levels!
Level 13

28	62	87	35	29	94	31	7

+HP/Spd/Res!

Ren to 20,13

"The two of you are quite obvious, you know that?" the drawl from Bridgit can be heard from the side, giving the other two a flat stare as she continues to follow and move up.  Why did she agree to the older oni's whims...

Bridgit to 21,8

Enemy Phase/Turn 3!

Bow Armor #3 moves down to attack Bladen!
Roll: 50,91
Miss!
Bladen swings back!
Roll: 54,88(80)
11 damage!
Bladen gains +11 exp, +1 sword wexp!

Zombie Mage #3 stumbles away to fire magic at him!
Roll: 73,70
Miss!
Bladen swings again!
Roll1: 30,5(88)
Crit!
9 damage
Roll2: 61,64(9)
3 damage
Astra!
Roll3: 49,70
2 damage!
Roll4: 26,24
2 damage!
Roll5: 32,94
2 damage!
Roll6: 43,56
2 damage!
Bladen gains +11 exp, +6 sword wexp!

Merc #9 charges up to him and swings!
Roll: 45,9
Miss!
Bladen swings back!
Roll: 25,67(81)
13 damage!
Bladen gains +10 exp, +1 sword wexp!

Zombie #5 swings at Agni!
Roll: 29,25
Miss!
Agni swings back!
Roll1: 84,36(54)
13 damage!
Roll2: 31,67(49)
14 damage!

Mercenary #10 spots Asami out of place!
"Huh? What!? I'm not made for combat!"
Roll: 5,21
"Ghh! H-Hands off!"
She magics back!
Roll: 48,17
12 damage!
Asami gains +11 exp, +1 light wexp!

A lightning strike comes to Bladen!
Roll: 58,54
Miss!

Player Phase/Turn 4!

rFjG0im.png

Breathe in, breathe out. The group was all together for a moment. Just get it over with, Luci. It's never going to get easier... She landed Villkiss next to the wagon, trying to ignore the siren on top of it. "I, uh..." She looked between the... Zombie? and the Pale Vampire just behind the wagon, "I guess one of you two is l-leading here? I'm... Lucille, I just joined not too long ago. I... um... I'll do my best to support as much as I can..." Lucille looked up at the Siren, and felt a tinge of annoyance. Though quickly overridden by rising anxiety, "...Which I'll do by scouting ahead for the moment. If, uh... you need me to do anything, just ask. Villkiss, up." Lucille panicked her way back into the air, introductions had never been a strong suit. But as she flew off, rounding the castle, she thought she could see something approaching in the night sky. "...Wait, are those..."

Lucille to 1, 14 

Edited by Mercenary on the Winds

The vampire's groaning and staring got to Ayane. Good example to show off some of that anger. "I will thank you to mind your own business, child." With a quick glare and scoff of her own she walked on ahead, eager to get back to the fight now that her blood has started to boil again.

Ayane approaches 20, 10

Edited by TheRoon

The counter-attack had gone well. Though a fair few had acted individually, the group as a whole had managed to recover from the enemy's charge. All that was left was to clean up before this area was secured, assuming there weren't more undead coming...

Sollowy lightnings Merc #10

They'd thinned the enemies' ranks some, but he figured it was a bit premature to be celebrating yet, seeing as they'd only just made it through the fort's front gate so far. Moving to keep pace with the rest of the group, he pulled the staff from his side to treat the wounded they'd inevitably have, catching sight of familiar wings.

"There's a lot left to this battle yet. Here, hold still for a moment... alright, there. Don't hesitate to pull back if you get wounded... it'd be a shame to fall here if this is to be the last battle against the rebellion."

Seilan to (21, 14), Heal Xalrei.

Sollowy zaps!
Roll: 8,30
zap!
13 damage
Sollowy gains +11 exp!
Sollowy levels!
Level 12

24	57	85	3	12	81	74	74

+HP/Skl/Spd!

Tali sneaks around and swings!
Tali to 18,16, smack that merc!
Roll: 99,1
SCHWING
30 damage!
The merc is totaled!
Taliyah gains +37 exp, +4 axe wexp!

"Huff... What a mess. I'll be fine, though... Bladen, you're holding up fine, right~?"
Asami carried herself as best as she can to 22,18, dances Bladen
+10 exp

"Is there something wrong with being obvious, Bridgit?" Ariana shot her a smirk and headed off after Aya, ready to charge into the fort.
Ariana moves to 21,12

Seilan heals Xal for 14!
+15 exp, +2 staff wexp

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

"I'm fine. Just... stay safe, alright? I don't want you getting hurt here... Please." He looked at her pleadingly before dashing over to the next enemy, slashing down at the mage.

Bladen to 20-18, wind edge zombie mage 3

"Doing my best! Not like a little sword's gonna take me out, humph~"
Bladen schwings at the zombie!
Roll: 88,39(68)
Hit!
6 damage!
The mage goes down
Bladen gains +34 exp, +2 sword wexp!

Marina swings into action!
Roll: 46,37
Hit!
14 damage!
The archer fires back!
Roll: 32,63
10 damage!
Marina gains +15 exp, +1 sword wexp!

Taiyute comes to finish the job!
Roll: 69,6
16 damage!
The armor is taken out!
Taiyute gains +37 exp, +2 wind wexp!
Taiyute levels!
Level 12

51	90	69	29	81	35	15	13

+Skl!

Lavinia moves along to 2,11!

"Marina! Be careful, you're taking a lot of hits." Nessraya noted, seeing Marina take an arrow from her most recent engagement. Moving over to the Hero, she swiftly pulsed healing magic into her.

Nessraya to 21,17, heal Marina

Ren to 19-16, fire Zombie #5

"Oh, nothing wrong with that on my end," she lightly responds to Ari's quip, floating near them as she inspected her nails meticulously.  If she heard Ayane call her a child she ignores, not deeming the pitiful attempt of riling her up any attention.  Instead she gives them a small knowing smile and words of her own.  "No, in fact keep on being all the more obvious on how much you want to, pardon the language, get into each other's pants.  We wouldn't be the one with the problem!" She then looks at Ayane.  "Your cousin on the other hand..."

"How would he feel if he knew that you were infatuated with your would be murderer?"

Bridgit giggles and floats towards 21,13

One of the shamblers was almost down... something about these guys just felt off. They weren't coherent like Jade, almost seemed feral, swiping with their claws rather than pick up a weapon... spooky. One less of them could be nothing but a good thing.

Nisha to 18,17, Steel Axe zombie 5

"I'm no stranger to getting hurt. I've probably already taken worse than whatever these jackasses can throw at me." Xalrei huffed and brushed off Seilan's concern as she worked her way up to the front, leveling a javelin at the approaching armored men. "Come on, give me your best shot, traitors!"

Xalrei moves to 19-18, equips her javelin.

Ness heals Marinara
+15 exp, +2 staff wexp

Ren blasts a zombie!
Roll: 1,78(94)
15 damage!
The zombie swings back
Roll: 90,83
Miss!
Ren gains +11 exp, +1 anima wexp!

"That's up for Ren to decide. Not a nosy vampire... Don't you think, Bridgit?" Ariana would house her own worries, but not stand being judged by someone that barely knew the situation. She stuck her tongue out at the little girl, letting her go on her way.

Nisha crushes a zombie's head!
Roll: 50,22
25 damage!
The zombie is crunched!
Nisha gains +37 exp, +4 axe wexp!

"Get too cocky and they really will, Xalrei!" Amera ran up behind the dragon, smirking at her boasting. "Their charging might be stupid, but they're still able-bodied and fully trained soldiers of Vaia. Let them get the jump on you, and they'll be glad to fulfill your request!"

Amera moves to 20,17

Jade had been amused when the reformed church mage landed her pegasus nearby and began a belated introduction. She smiled and waved at Villkiss, wondering if the beast remembered her. When the woman half-asked who was in charge, the zombie nodded to Lavinia by her side and was about to reply with words as well, but apparently Lucille's nerves got the better of her. The new recruit spooked, and took to the air, flying ahead.

"Haaa," Jade sighed, "She's really not going to be that much faster than us. The only thing she has on my 'mares is the air..." Which wasn't an advantage to be fully discounted, disgruntled though that might leave her. The woods ahead would slow them down some, that was to be sure.

Jade to 2,13 drop Gabby to 2,14

"She'll be fast enough, by that alone, Jade... Don't sound too annoyed. Your horses are still lovely. More beautiful than a common pegasus, if you ask me." Lavinia chuckled a bit at the zombie's annoyance, glad to have this down moment in their assault of the fort. Getting their amusement out now would give her the freedom to focus when it mattered.

Enemy Phase/Turn 4!

Mage #5 attacks Bladen!
Roll: 59,9
Miss!

Lance Armor #2 swings at Bladen!
Roll: 38,14
Hit!
6 damage!
Bladen swings back!
Roll: 27,70(8)
7 damage!
Astra!
Roll2: 24,93
Roll3: 5,12
Roll4: 48,88
Roll5: 25,86
35 damage!
Bladen gains +11 exp, +5 sword wexp!
Bladen levels!
Level 13

1	19	55	32	36	34	68	46

+HP/Str/Skl/Spd!

Lance Armor #4 attacks Xalrei!
Roll: 86,45
Miss!
Xal swings back!
Roll1: 18,24
6 damage!
Roll2: 74,74
6 damage!
Xal gains +10 exp, +2 lance wexp!

Bow armor #5 shoots at Xal!
Roll: 69,38
miss!
Xal flings her javelin!
Roll1: 62,36
11 damage!
Roll2: 88,95
11 damage!
Xal gains +10 exp, +2 lance wexp!

The Thieves open doors!
One thief pilfers a chest!
Hero Slayer stolen!

A nasty gorgon is released from the cells!

And to the south...

"That damned Medusa... Why did it have wings!? Ugh... No matter. To me, warriors! Charge the monsters! Purge the unclean!"

The church's forces spawn... Some of them damaged!

Player Phase/Turn 5!

https://i.imgur.com/ulA3cM0.png

Ayane was very content to just let the vampire keep running her mouth, she was nothing but a brat in her eyes. But then she brought up her cousin...

"How would he feel if he knew that you were infatuated with your would be murderer?"

"..." She let the others pass her by for a moment before she swiftly grabbed Bridgit by her shoulder and slammed her against the wall. She locked eyes with the girl, and showed her very intense red eyes to her. "...I will no longer thank you to stay out of my business. This is now a warning, child." She put a nailed hand on her cheek. "Focus on the mission or I'll give you something to focus on." With a very light tap of her sharp nail against Bridgit's cheek, she let her go and continued on. Her rage switch was back on, and now she had to turn it off somehow. 

Edited by TheRoon

The only reaction the pureblood shows to the oni is a twist of her mouth in annoyance, more irritated than anything from being slammed into the wall.  She lets Ayane have her words, half listening and half trying to force back a roll of her eyes.  So touchy.  At the nail against her cheek she can't help the faux bright smile as she leans against it instead of trying to pull away.

"As someone who's dealt with the King personally, and has been on the end of several petrification 'incidents', your threat is merely acknowledged for now," she responds with the same faux tone that reflects her smile.  When she's let go only a huff leaves her as the scratch on her cheek quickly heals.  "If a mere child can rile you up this much...well," she lets the sentence hang before looking at Ari just as the other sticks out her tongue.  

"Really mature," she drawls, wiping away the blood from her cheek to lick it clean with a subtle smug expression.  She got the response she wanted, no need to actually lose a limb or two for her sudden foolishness.  Not only would it be annoying as Hess but also really inconvenient.

Edited by sweet podado