Hero, Don't Kill The Demon King! Chapter 1: Lives Not Yet Thrown Away

Nanami Touko

"Ayane!" Ariana snapped back at the two of them, glaring at the child that decided it was her place to butt in. "Now is not the time. Don't give her what she wants, just focus on the fight... If it's worrying you, we can talk to Ren later. I'm not afraid to tell him about us, anymore."

Ariana moves to 20,16

Lavi schmoves to 2,12

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, there were enemies oncoming, and Jade wasn't sure she trusted the pegasus rider to form an effective frontline with her. Maybe it was prejudicial of her, but she seemed more of a hit and run type from personality. Lavinia might be an option, but she didn't like the though of her getting up close with the enemy when her favored weapon was a bow. So that left, Gabriela. The siren could handle herself well enough, she knew that from experience. But between the two of them, if anyone needed this shield...

"Gabriela, I'm thinking we might need to hold the line together, so I'd like you to have this for now, at least until the current danger is met and we can re-evaluate things. What do you say?"

Jade Trade Iron Shield to Gabriela, Rescue Lavinia, Move to 2,18

A flying threat was approaching. Were those... dragons?! The enemy was certainly pulling out the big bucks. And to make matters worse, they stood between the group of 4 and the back door of the fort. It appeared that between the 4 of them, Gabriela and Jade were best suited to hold the line. ''It appears i've no choice then. I've been taking a lot of steel recently, so having some of my own will hopefully help me defend on the front lines, thank you for the shield.'' She smiles sweetly as she takes the shield from Jade and does her best to equip it. It was certainly heavier than expected, but it would have to do.

Gabby flies to 1,18 and takes Lavinia from Jade, then drops her to 1,17. 

It certainly appeared to be drakes flying towards them. Of course it wouldn't be so simple to just break in through the back door. They appeared to outnumber the group but only just, so no matter how they went about it they would have to weather attacks.  If it was just 1 or 2, Lucille felt that she could outfly the slower drakes, but with this many it wouldn't take long for her to slip up. Her lack of armor, and general frailty meant that a single hit would probably be enough to take her out. But the drakes would be just as, if not more susceptible to her magic. The zombie and the siren both picked up on the danger and began preparing themselves, it seemed like they were going to take the front with the zombie handing the siren a shield. If she was going to help the pair at all, it would be by taking the drakes out of the sky. Though... a shiver ran up Lucille's body as flew ahead to prepare, it was an uncomfortable, familiar feeling and she could only hope that it was nerves getting the better of her. 

Lucille to 1, 21 

Edited by Mercenary on the Winds

It seemed like anger was about to completely overtake Ayane, especially after what Bridgit had done and said. She stood there struggling with herself, trying very hard not to be consumed by the one thing she didn't want. But suddenly that burden got easier once Ari called out to her, the voice managed to pierce through to the warring oni's heart. "...." She shook and clenched her hand into a fist, and after a short moment she bit her own lip hard enough to make it bleed. 'Focus...focus...focus...' She ignored the small blood trail that ran down to her chin and took a deep breath.

"...alright." She turned to Ari. Her eyes were still intense just not nearly as strong as they were before. "Later then...for the moment I need to stab someone..." And with that she marched off, and going forward Aya had decided to do everything in her power to shut that annoying vampire brat out.

Ayane moves toward 20, 15

Edited by TheRoon

Sollowy zaps!
Roll1: 14,47
18 damage
Roll2: 62,87
18 damage
The knight is melted!
Sollowy gains +34 exp!

He drops his needle spear!

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

There was a pesky mage dropping thunderbolts on them from somewhere back there that needed dealing with.

Hmm... That sounds... kind of... familiar...? Best put that out of my mind...

Seilan to (22, 17), Elthunder (S) Mage #5.

Despite the high density of monsters and... less savory things greeting them at the door, the group had done a decent enough job to fend it all off. Except...

There was still this squad of armored warriors barrelling towards them. Agni sighed. Well, I do need to polish my spellcasting...

Agni casts flux on bow armor #5.

Seilan zaps the bolting mage!
Roll: 80,88
15 damage!
He gains +10 exp, +1 anima wexp

"Getting rid of that pesky mage, are you? One more time, Seilan. They're still alive~"
How Asami could tell no one, will ever know.
Asami dances Seilan
+10 exp

Yeet sits still, elwinds after the axe armor!
Roll1: 7,88
Roll2: 75,65
36 damage!
Yeet gains +11 exp, +2 anima wexp

Agni attacks the bow armor!
Roll1: 60,38(15)
Roll1: 29,39(59)
Down he goes!
Agni gains +30 exp, +3 dark wexp!

"Even humans are good with their magic, huh, Agni?" Amera scoffed at the mage as he took down an archer, running past him to cast some magic of her own,
Amera moves to 18,19, attacks Lance Armor #1!
Roll1: 62,6(5)
Adept, Critical!
57 damage!
The knight is fried!
"Woo! One more! Come on, Ithraxl! Come and face us, you're not gonna have any cronies left!"
Amera gains +34 exp, +2 anima wexp!

"A... Alright! Me, too! Hahh!"
Taliyah runs to 19,20, swings at the axe knight!
Roll1: 49,26
3 damage!
The axe armor swings back!
Roll: 46,55
Miss!
Taliyah swings again!
Roll2: 18,32
3 damage!
He goes down!
Tali gains +40 exp, +6 axe wexp!
Tali levels up!
Level 11

37	79	94	94	21	27	52	51

+Hp/Spd/Lck!

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Marina looked down at the arrow that had pierced her flesh. She guessed it didn't actually hit anywhere lethal since she was still up, but she didn't hesitate ripping it out and tossing it to the floor. She gave a sigh, it looked like the fight had already been taking a toll on her. 

Then the approach of Nessraya, delivering some healing magic. A sight of relief escaped the girl, "Thank you Nessraya, I'll try to be more careful."

Marina to 22,15

Nisha to 19,16

Nessraya to 18,17, heal Sollowy

"Sollowy, watch your magic consumption. I have no intention of presenting your withered husk to Thesephine." Nessraya chided, the gathlain looking a bit worse for wear. A little top up should do her for now...

Xalrei to 21,16.

"It'd be a seed about the size of your fist, but I appreciate your help nonetheless," Sollowy corrected as Nessraya replenished her magic, thankful that there didn't seem to be any hard feelings between the two of them. During battle at least.

Enemy Phase/Turn 5!

The enemies move!

The church begins their march...

"You, heal me! We charge around the flank, catch these... Fools..." Naomi had been sure she'd spotted a pegasi flying around the edge of the fort, before it had disappeared completely from view... "No. That's... The Vaians must have their own flying unit. Despicable creatures violating the purity of pegasi... With me, girls! Charge!"

Player Phase/Turn 6!

"Bastards! Where are you!?" Thesephine flew onto the battlefield, looking exhausted, but no worse for wear... One hand clutched Stholia, the other tight on the amulet Marina had given her. The protection it provided had saved her from the church's most terrifying weaponry!

"There you are... Face me! Cowardly lot, running away on your damned flying horses, FACE ME AND FACE YOUR END!"

Thessy spawns! BERSERKED!

https://i.imgur.com/As34Rqz.png

The drakes were closing in with weapons drawn. The uncomfortable feeling from earlier hadn't diminished even as Lucille steeled herself, in fact, it had gotten worse. It was just like being back with the Church, the feeling that something was coming for her. Focus, Thesephine will be fine, and as long as she's fine, Naomi and the others aren't going to make it here. Focus on the drakes in front of you. Lucille quickly glanced at the on coming drakes, searching for the one seemingly least prepared. With no weapons of her own visible to the drakes, she had the element of surprise. But the drakes weren't the only people who Lucille planned on surprising, if nothing else, she was going to make sure that the siren understood just what this 'coward' was capable of. "Here goes, Villkiss!" 

Lucille to 1, 24 to Breeze Lightning Draco Rider 12, Canto back to 1, 20

Edited by Mercenary on the Winds

The pegasus knight seemed to, rather foolishly, charge in with all her might. She could sense Lucille's desires to prove herself, or perhaps just to make the siren jealous. Truly... what a child. Regardless, she was dealing quite some damage with her thunder magic. ''Not bad, your magic is quite powerful. But I would stand back if I were you if you don't want to get torn to shreds by these flying lizards. Time to show you how I fight!'' 

Gabriela flies over to 2,21 and clutches on tight to her shield.

Edited by Michelaar

Ayane's hand twitched a little as she entered the fort. The vampire child really did a number on her, she hated it. She hated how every small thing had the potential to set her off, especially considering how hard it was to rein it in again. But after a few moments of focusing on her own bloody lip Ayane took back some control. The oni princess learned from her battle with Ren that pain was a good counter balance, that was something to keep in mind. But for now it wasn't enough, she had to find something else to stab...or rather someone else. So Aya turned her attention toward the staircase on her left and wandered toward it, hoping that there would be some stragglers to fight.

Ayane moves toward 15, 15 eager to slice and dice.