Hero, Don't Kill The Demon King! Chapter 1: Lives Not Yet Thrown Away

Nanami Touko

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were undoubtedly more foes further ahead in the fort, even if he couldn't see them. Surely there wasn't any harm in throwing out some errant lightning...

Seilan to (22, 22), Elthunder (S) Zask.

Lucille zips and zaps!
Roll1: 54,44(78)
19 damage!
Roll2: 51,73(15)
Rend heaven!
26 damage!
The draco is fried!
Lucille gains +40 exp!

Seilan elthunders the miniboss!
Roll: 89,25
Miss!

"Alright, one more try, mage boy~ You missed, but your aim was on point..."
Asami to 22,21, dance Seilan
+10 exp
Level up!
Level 10

8	50	37	73	87	81	66	67

+HP/Str/Mag!

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Jade frowned a bit as her companions seemed about to squabble. Nothing overtly rude or provocative had been said, thankfully, by either party, but there was a tension to the atmosphere that was almost palpable. Just focus on the enemy, she whispered a small prayer in her mind as she advanced, lining up a shot with her rifle.

"Gabriela, I'll grab the other flank here. With the two of us keeping up a defensive line, I have a good feeling about this." A little positive reinforcement never hurt.

Jade move to 2,22, Rifle Draco Rider 11, Canto to 1,22

"See, Amera, you kind of have to know what you're doing to be a captain. Don't underestimate one. Especially a human." Was Agni's short retort as he felled the armored bowman... and soon enough, the room was clear.

Of course, that meant more forces would approach from further deep, and that was soon the case. With the noise coming from outside, the time to sit and wait was well overdue. "Let's not get stuck on a pincer here, be prepared."

Agni to (21, 20), equips Nosferatu.

Edited by Xinnidy

Seilan elthunders again!
Roll: 97,10
Miss!

"Oh my... Not your lucky day today." Asami couldn't help the remark, adding a grin on with it.

Jade rushes up and fires!
Roll: 3,44
30 damage!
Jade gains +11 exp, +2 gun wexp!

Lavinia moves to 1,19

"DIE, CHURCH DOG!"
Thesephine charges in her rage!
She casts Fenrir on Holy guard #1!
Roll: 41,82(67)
23 damage!
The guard throws back a handaxe!
Roll: 62,8
Miss!
Thessy gains +8 exp!

Enemy Phase/Turn 6!

"She's already here!? Damn... Continue forward, girls! We need to get on their flank!"

The church knights fly around the building while the guard does their best to make it to the fort!

Draco #11 charges into Gabriela!
Roll: 6,23
8 damage!
Gabriela fires magic back at them!
Roll: 68,70(40)
18 damage!
He dies!
Gabriela gains +40 exp, +2 light wexp!
Gabriela levels up!
Level 12

64	31	38	1	23	28	56	7

+HP/Mag/Skl/Spd/Lck/Def/Res

Draco #10 charges into her!
Roll: 14,36
11 damage!
She counters!
Roll: 34,48(61)
19 damage!
Gabriela gains +11 exp, +1 light wexp!

Draco #8 throws his javelin!
Roll: 12,59
7 damage!
Gabriela counters once again!
Roll: 49,70(81)
18 damage!
Gabriela gains +11 exp, +1 light wexp!

Draco #9 charges at Jade!
Roll: 93,28
Miss!
Jade fires back!
Roll: 55,40
31 damage!
Jade gains +10 exp, +2 gun wexp!
Jade levels!
Level 14

72	59	41	81	81	40	99	71

+HP

"You DARE to face me at my range!? Die, pretender!"
Zask Meteors at Seilan!
Roll: 91,58(56)
Miss!
"Grrrhhh... Sit, still!"

Player Phase/Turn 7!

UZi1NYV.png

"Well, miss Asami, to be fair, I can't exactly see anyone from here. Though, I suppose I must not be too far off... what with the meteor they appear to have returned to us. We can sort out this mage later; there are more pressing matters approaching from behind."

Seilan to (22, 17), Elthunder (S) Dracorider #2.

Edited by mcd900

"You sure that's the reason? It isn't because you're missing, is it~?"

Seilan zaps a draco!
Roll: 89,71
Close!
47 damage!
The draco is taken out of the skies!
Seilan gains +30 exp, +2 anima wexp!

Amera moves down a bit to get out of the way of the incoming mob!
to 18,16

"Lucille, Gabriela, being us!" Lavinia barked as she readied her bow, taking aim at one of the dracos! "Steady yourselves and we'll make it through their assault!" It seemed that pegasi were coming up from behind them, now, and men were exiting the fort... Troubling circumstances, but ones they could only get through by keeping moving!

Lavinia to 2,22, shoot at Draco 9!
Roll: 84,51(70)
19 damage!
Down he goes!
Lavinia gains +34 exp, +2 bow wexp!

Ari moves to 20,16!

A group was coming from behind, was it? And in front... "Ayane... I need to help the rest of the group. If you're going down those stairs, stay safe! I'll come running if you call!"

The drake didn't even know what hit him. Two lightning fast spells, and he was careening out of the sky. Not much to be impressed about, but it should have at least clued the Siren in that she could have done much worse to the group had her heart not wavered. But the Siren was hardly moved by the display, in fact, moving into the fray herself calling Lucille to fade behind her and the Zombie. A tinge of annoyance, but she was far too frail to do anything else than let the two play defense. Though, "play" was hardly the word for it, as the Siren quickly established herself, expertly weathering the Drakes attacks and retaliating with her own. If nothing else, she was capable. Things seemed to be looking up though, the drakes were scattering and with another push, they could finish them off. They'd have to prepare for another group charging from the fortress, but they could be easi-- 'Lucille, Gabriela, behind us!' 

It was then that Lucille realized that the shivers from earlier had that not stopped. She turned and looked back from where they'd come and her heart stopped. It was unmistakably a Pegasus Knight, and there was exactly one group that the rider could possibly be from. No. No, no, no... That's not possible. Already?! How? Why?  Had Thesephine lost? Or did Naomi and her group ignore her? Frankly, it didn't matter, they were here now and they would know it was her. A jolt ran up her arm as she forced herself back on task. It was always like this. Hope would find its way to her, only to be snuffed out thoroughly, convincingly right before her eyes. A chance at freedom? What a joke. She'd never be truly free, not as long as the Church exist-- Wait... Naomi's unit was the only group left that would be able to identify her immediately. Which meant, if they could take them all out here, the church would have no manner of figuring out that she had betrayed them, and that should keep her family safe for the time being. Either way, she had to keep it together, she was needed and perhaps Naomi had headed towards the main entrance; she was the only one among them who could use Fire Magic, and honestly the only one of them who could keep up with her in the first place. She hoped that making one of the drakes disappear would mask her palpable distress at the turn of events. 

Lucille to 1, 23 to Breeze Lightning Drake 10, Canto to 1-26 

Edited by Mercenary on the Winds

While Gabriela could certainly handle a dragonrider or two, she still took quite a beating, and it was starting to show. But unfortunately, she had no chance to fall back and heal, as she quickly found that a group of Pegasus knights. Lucille seemed to still be fine taking out a dragonknight, so perhaps she knew them? ''Those pegasus knights.. they wouldn't happen to be friends of yours, are they? Perhaps you could speak with them, get them to fly elsewhere?'' not really expecting a friendly response, the wounded siren decided to vanquish another wyvern knight, the persistent humans. 

Gabriela to 1,24 to unleash lightning on Draco 8.

"I would suggest we secure our rear flank before moving onwards with investigating the stairwells, anyway." Nessraya noted, moving towards the natural choke of the fortress entrance... it was unfortunate that they would be easily pincered in such a position, but if they allowed the enemy to breach the building and swarm them, they'd be even more hopelessly surrounded. Hopefullly they could crush and sweep through one flank and turn on the other without much time wasted.

Nessraya to 19,15, zap Holy Guard 2 with Bolting

Ayane heard footsteps in all directions. She could feel sword arm twitching. But taking a front like this on her own would be a terrible idea, so she shut the boiling blood out of her mind and just focused on Ari's words. "...I will go with you." She grunted out and followed after Ariana and the others.

Aya moves toward 20, 15

Lucille ZAPS!
Roll: 99,13(32)
Critical!
60 damage!
The rider and his mount are dusted!
Lucille gains +40 exp!

Gabriela shines down on another!
Roll: 43,55(77)
18 damage!
The draco is downed!
Gabriela gains +34 exp, +2 light wexp!

Nessraya zaps Holy Guard #2!|
Roll: 20,97
35 damage!
The guard is felled!
Nessraya gains +5 exp, +2 anima wexp!

"...Asami, while I cannot deny the effects of your dancing, do you think you might be dancing for me a bit overmuch...?"

Seilan to (21, 13), Elthunder (S) Draco Rider #1.

Edited by mcd900

"I stroll up, injured, giving you the best help I can give, to deal with enemies far out of the reach of the rest of our allies, and you've the gall to question or complain? ... My, my, my..."

Seilan ZAPS A draco!
Roll: 13,19
47 damage
The draco is fried!
Seilan gains +30 exp, +2 anima wexp!
Level up!
Level 14

94	94	100	4	79	47	59	93

+Skl!

Getting sandwiched would be really bad, at this point... best to take these guys out and regroup with Thesephine before anything else...

Nisha to 17,10, Heavy Draw Holy Guard 4 with Steel Bow