123 damage!
"You don't seem at all under control to me!"
Nessraya gains +4 exp, +2 anima wexp!

Nisha fires on the draco!
Roll: 39,40
He's shot clean off his mount!
Nisha gains +30 exp, +2 bow wexp!

"GrahhhHHH!"
Thesephine lashes out at the remaining holy guard!
Roll: 13,66(38)
24 damage!
The man is slain!
Thesephine gains +8 exp!

Enemy Phase/Turn 8!

"They're still alive!?"

"I-I... Yes, sir... Even so much, as to strike at the main... The throne, room, sir." Zask tugged nervously at his collar, unsure if there were any positive tidings he could bring his lord.

"Fine... I will take the fight to them myself." The hefty clank of Ithraxl's armor rang through the room, standing up from his throne, and making for the door.

"W-Wait! Milord! Wait for me!"

Ithraxl's men move through the fort, the rest spurred on by their leader's leaving his throne!

"A mere zombie dares to get in the way of the holy soldiers of the church of Ilrios!? Charge! Destroy that undead! Bolganone, hear me, and erupt!"

Peg #1 charges into Jade!
Roll: 64,32
0 damage!
Jade fires back!
Roll: 89,16
Miss!

Peg #2 crashes into her!
Roll: 37,77
2 damage!
Jade fires!
Roll: 18,25
40 damage!
The peg is dusted!
Jade gains +20 exp, +4 gun wexp!

"Dammit... I'll do this myself! Die, hellspawn! Back to the pit! I'll--" Naomi flew in, spell at the ready... When the sight of the girl hiding behind the undead caught her off guard. "Lucille!?"

Naomi does her best to cast despite distractions!
Roll: 93,88
Miss!
Jade fires back!
Roll: 36,90
39 damage!
"Guhawhh! Hhhh... Lucille! Traitor! COWARD! I'll see you burnt for this!"
Jade gains +11 exp, +2 gun wexp!

Player Phase/Turn 9!

ynthAUH.png

The Demon King was certainly showing no sign of slowing down, holy guard falling before her as he did. It wouldn't do for her to turn her anger on their own group, though, so perhaps it would be best to put his staff skills to use.

I... hope this works. Is this a magically induced rage, or is she just... angry?

Seilan to (18, 8), Restore Thesephine.

"I'd rather be a zombie than a mindless slave to some church..." Jade scowled, reloaded, and aimed at the flier she'd missed on the first pass.

Jade Rifle Peg 1,
    if she hits, canto to 2,22
     "I'll show you holey soldiers."

if she misses, canto to 1,17
     "Am I losing my touch, or is she really just that fast? Huh..."

Seilan casts Restore!

"G-Get away from ME! I swear, I'll... I-I'll... Wha? Huh? Wh, What's... Xal-- Tun-- Err, X-Xalrei? And you're the..." Thesephine gave the bodies on the ground a good look over, recognizing them as the soldiers she'd been chasing. Dead. "I... Th-Thank you. My rage got the best of me... How fares the battle in the fort, Captain Landsridge?"

Seilan gains +20 exp!

Jade SHOOTS!
Roll: 30,35
A direct hit!
The peg crashes down into the ground!
Jade gains +20 exp, +4 gun wexp!
Jade levels!
Level 15

69	57	3	26	7	52	37	39

+HP/Skl/Def/Res!

Lucille's assistance worked better than she could have hoped for; Naomi's surprise caused her spell to careen wide of the zombie, to which the zombie responded with a pin-point shot of her own. Unfortunately, Naomi didn't plummet to ground after the zombie's shot hit her, she wasn't down for the count. Naomi's surprise became a searing glare, one filled with hatred and embodied a single minded purpose, one that she made perfectly clear to her, 'Lucille! Traitor! COWARD! I will see you burnt for this.' 

Lucille's body froze. Without even realizing it, she had grabbed her right arm, holding it tight. Had it been anyone else, on any other day, with any other spell, Lucille likely would have been able to push past the threat without much issue. Unfortunately, it was Naomi, it was today, and it was Bolganone, a spell with which Lucille was intimately familiar. Lucille felt her body start to shiver as her mind began to race. No... Not here... not now... please... She had to do something, anything to keep herself from spiraling. If she lost composure now, she would put everyone here in danger, just as she always had. This time, however, she actually had a choice. She could run, and leave the rest of them to die, but that would only serve to prove Naomi and the siren right, that she was a coward, and a traitor. Perhaps more than anything else, she wasn't going to let Naomi and the siren be right about her, and she didn't want to have an attack in front the siren, or anyone for that matter, either. She hated that she considered running for even a moment, even if she was terrified of Naomi and her Bolganone, she still wasn't going to let people die when she could do something about it. She took a deep breath, body still shivering, and grabbed the wind tome from her bag. 

"Wind, hear me, and carry me to victory... T-This is good bye, Naomi."

Lucille to 1, 18 and Wind Naomi, Canto to 1, 20 

Edited by Mercenary on the Winds

Lucille casts at Naomi!
Roll: 21,11
Critical!
9 damage!

"You damn... Backwater, family, wench--!"

Naomi had been preparing another spell to cast at Lucille, but had been far too late... In the worst way possible. Lucille's wind spell tore through the air, nothing stopping the magical blade, not even Naomi's armor. The veteran captain didn't have a single moment to realize she'd lost her arm... Before the Bolganone spell she'd been preparing collapsed onto her and her pegasi, the pair collapsing towards the ground without another sound.

Lucille gains +90 exp, +2 anima wexp!
Lucille levels!
Level 12

3	1	98	63	68	26	36	93

+HP/Str/Skl/Spd/Lck!

Marina moves in!

Taiyute charges the armored archer!
Roll: 8,72
17 damage!
Roll2: 79,43
17 damage!
Taiyute gains +11 exp, +2 anima wexp!

"You don't need to spend that much energy to kill them, Nessraya!"
Nessraya BOLTINGS the Mage!
Roll: 85,29
43 damage!
The mage drops his tornado!
Ness gains +4 exp, +2 anima wexp!

"Their leader is down... One left!"
Lavinia to 2,19 Iron Bow Peg 4
Roll: 11,88(81)
A direct hit!
The rider falls from their mount!
Lavinia gains +27 exp, +2 bow wexp!

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

The way Lucille cast her spell towards Naomi, the gruesome way Naomi went down in flames. It was a scary sight, that's for sure. And Lucille... she must have been keeping a lot in, and to explode in the way she did towards Gabriela earlier and then, when she killed Naomi? No, this certainly wasn't easy on her. Gabriela had been too harsh on her, she could see that. Besides, who was the siren to talk about cowardice, anyway?

Gabriela flies to 1,23 and uses her lightning spell on myrmidon 8. 

Gabriela blasts the myrm!
Roll: 96,27(83)
Miss!

"Alright, one more out of you, Ness... With about that level of destruction."
Asami dances Nessraya
+15 exp

"Alright, let's get this party STARTED!"
Amera to 21-17, thunder Bow Armor #2
Roll: 61,55
19 damage!
Down he goes
Amera gains +34 exp, +2 anima wexp!

Ari to 22-15
Tali to 22-16

Thessy was back to herself thanks to Seilan, if a bit worse for wear from the fighting she'd let herself get consumed by. She'd tend to her wounds in a moment, the Fallen rushing back into the fort still injured was a higher priority, much as her heart told her otherwise.

Solly to 21-12, heal Bladen

The group was still in a rough situation despite one way being clear, the oni can still sense a vicious group from behind them. She couldn't charge head first in her current state, so... "...Bladen, best of luck." She took her friend by the wrist. "I'm counting on you!" And she thrust him right into the front lines, confident that he can survive the oncoming onslaught....hopefully!

Ayane moves toward 20, 14 takes Bladen from Ness and puts him on 20, 15.

Based on her sister's reaction to even herself, Thessy really was too far gone for her to do anything but try to protect her through her rage. Though, with her slaying the last of the enemies where would that rage be directed...? Thankfully that wasn't an answer that she'd be finding out today, Seilan had made sure of that. It was somewhat... commendable that he approached her raging sister, but she wasn't going to utter any compliments, even if she already owed him for healing her wings.

"Hess dammit Thessy, stop introducing yourself by swinging that damn spear at me! Once was more than enough, you know!?" Xalrei huffed as she walked off, eager to get tback to the fight now that her sister was safe.

Xalrei to 20,10

"I, T-Tundyssa!" Thesephine couldn't help her exclamation as Xalrei stormed off, despite knowing she should be keeping it a secret.

Thessy moves to 20,11
"I-I.. I'm, sorry. I have anger issues... That... Might, be tied into my magic. I promise I'm trying to get better at them..."

Enemy Phase/Turn 9!

Mercenary #1 targets Bladen!
Roll: 62,65
Miss!
Bladen swings back!
Roll: 62,36(9)
Astra!
10 damage!
Roll2: 41,33
10 damage!
Roll3: 9,2
Critical!
30 damage!
The mercenary is send flying, in pieces!
Bladen gains +27 exp, +4 sword wexp!
Level up!
level 14

70	57	19	28	93	61	70	20

+Str/Skl/Res!

Mercenary #4 charges him next!
Roll: 19,62
3 damage!
Bladen swings back!
Roll: 41,82(30)
22 damage!
The wind edge breaks!
Bladen gains +10 exp, +1 sword wexp!

Mage #1 blasts wind at Marina!
Roll: 31,32
14 damage!
She swings her wind edge back!
Roll: 30,96
7 damage!
Roll2: 14,16
Critical!
21 damage
The mage is slain!
Marina gains +27 exp, +3 sword wexp!

Bow armor #1 fires at Bladen!
Roll: 57,71
Miss!

Brigand #1 swings at Taiyute!
Roll: 12,3
24 damage!
Taiyute casts back!
Roll: 6,76
20 damage!
Taiyute gains +10 exp, +1 anima wexp!

Meanwhile, on the other side...

Myrm #8 strikes at Gabriela with the last of his strength!
Roll: 33,73
2 damage!
Gabriela casts back at him!
Roll: 76,30
He's struck down!

Gabriela gains +27 exp, +2 light wexp!

Myrm #9 tries his luck!
Roll: 63,43
3 damage!
Gabriela counters
Roll: 32,49(1)
Luna!
19 damage!
The myrm swings again!
Roll: 50,36
3 damage!
Gabriela gains +10 exp, +1 light wexp
Level up!
Level 13

13	12	82	45	24	24	92	40

+HP/Spd/Lck!

Myrm 10 tries his hand!
Roll: 31,27
2 damage!
Gabby counters
Roll: 87,48(1)
Miss!
The myrm swings again!
Roll: 42,53
2 damage!

Mage 9 casts at her!
Roll: 87,69
Miss!
Gabby casts back!
Roll: 75,26(40)
5 damage!
Gabby gains +10 exp, +1 light wexp!

The armor is too afraid to Jade to attack!

Player Phase/Turn 10!

Shd57js.png

Lucille surprised herself with how perfectly she executed her spell, even with her anxiety threatening to take over. The blade flew true, and it was at that moment that Lucille noticed that Naomi hadn't even realized that she'd already beat her to the cast. Naomi rose her right hand above her head, the powerful fire spell burning brightly. She probably never realized that her arm was no longer attached to her body, that the spell had a new target as it began to fall, towards her and her pegasus. No... No, no...  Lucille tried to shield her eyes from the coming catastrophe, but she lost her balance on Villkiss forcing her to grab onto the reins to right herself. The rest happened in an instant. Naomi and her Pegasus, or what was left of either of them, fell to the earth below completely enveloped by flames. Bolganone was a frighteningly powerful spell; with enough magical power behind it, it could turn bodies to ashes in an instant. Of course, Lucille had seen, and felt it all before. She was only lucky, lucky that her own magic was middling, otherwise she might have met the same end as Naomi did, but ten years ago. Seeing it all over again was far, far too much. Lucille clung tightly to the back of her partner, and screamed. "No... Get... away from me... please... please..." Her body wouldn't move, she could only cling to Villkiss's back and shiver in terror. All of her resolve at masking her fear incinerated along with Naomi's being.

Villkiss, ever the understanding partner, turned towards one of their companions. There was only so much a pegasus could do for her panicked rider, so she would have to rely on one of the others to calm Lucille down, and quickly, they weren't done with the fighting just yet. 

Edited by Mercenary on the Winds

They'd managed to defeat the incoming church soldiers, but the death of the command unit left Lucille in a panic... Was it the fire or the betrayal of her former comrades? Or both... Lavinia didn't know the girl well enough, only caught bits and pieces of shouted words in the midst of the fight. They needed her right now, though, so she had to do what she could, even if it amounted to little.

"Lucille!", she called out, eyes focused on the girl, red and piercing through the dim of the night, "whatever nightmare has come to haunt your mind, right now, you are safe! The woman is gone, your body unharmed, and I'll stake my own life to make sure it stays that way! Come back to us; we need you right now!" It was short, and it was simple, Lavinia punctuating her words by running up and placing an arrow in the mage's shoulder!

Roll: 44,31(85)
16 damage!
Lavinia gains +10 exp, +1 bow wexp!
Level up!
Level 13

34	77	38	43	5	38	69	6

+HP/Spd/Lck/Res!

"You aren't alone! Lucille!"

Back in the fort...

The enemy was upon them, then... Ari slid the Nanbian style sword from its sheath, giving it a once over. It was a weapon meant for slicing; strong, single hits. "Ayane, the battle is finally upon us... We bring the fight to them! On your guard!"

Ari to 18-16, Tachi Bow Armor #1!
Roll: 14,3!
"You're wide open!"
Critical!
39 damage!
The armor knight is cleaved clean through!
Ariana gains +23 exp, +2 sword wexp!

At long last.

Ayane was trying her best to hold it together after her talk with Bridgit, she really was. Going this long without anything to release her anger was painful. But once the enemy got too close and Ari brought them up she just couldn't contain herself anymore. "Nghhh...ARGH!!!" She roared out. "That is IT! I can't take it anymore! You all die! Here and now! Die die die DIE!!!" Her red eyes came back in full force and like a storm she approached the closest (and more unfortunate) brigand with her blessed sword out, and she began to butcher the man with pure fury.

Aya to 19-17, Blessed Sword Brigand #2 relentlessly

Marina grit her teeth and groaned in pain as she took the blast from the wind spell, the gales cutting into her skin. She was quick to react with the wind sword, and she was surprised at how it only took two swings to bring him down. A sigh, she checked what had. One of her legs, and... another rip in her coat. Admittedly, this had frustrated her, but she'd fix it again, she'd just continue fixing it until it wasn't fixable anymore. Warm blood trickling down her face almost stopped being a bother...

In one direction, there was a cleric, away from the rest of the troop. She didn't know why at first, but she thought about it. She was taught about how some staves were used in ways to cripple enemies. Was that what he was doing?

Placing the Wind Sword back, she oulled out her pistol, a quick twirl, and she rand forward, he needed to stay out of the way.

Marina moves to 18,17, fires her gun at Priest 1!

Edited by Silver Gallade

Lucille spiraled with her thoughts, now flowing unrestricted. Naomi, the siren, and now having to relive those horrific days as Coteon's experiment, she just wanted it to be over. Fear slowly turned into disappointment. Why on earth had she believed that she could be able to handle something like this? Even when she had every single advantage, she still managed to screw up, and now she was making a complete fool of herself. She wondered if Naomi hadn't missed her first spell, if she'd have shattered then too. She heard someone calling out to her, but she ignored it; Lucille was positive that it would just have been someone mocking her for her cowardice. Just like they ought to. Naomi and the siren both were right about her, she definitely was a coward, and she should have never tried to prove any of them wrong. But the voice continued on; it was the vampire who alerted them to the back entrance. '...The woman is gone, your body unharmed, and I'll stake my life to make sure it stays that way! Come back to us; we need you right now! You're not alone, Lucille!' 

Lucille remembered speaking with General Nessraya before the battle, when she had unknowingly triggered her fear of fire. Lucille swore that her fear wouldn't stop her from doing what needed to be done. She told the Demon King that she would do everything in her power to repay her for setting her free from the chains of Coteon, and now she was being called upon. They all believed in her enough to give her their trust. Lucille pulled herself up from Villkiss's back, her breathing was dangerously fast, her body shivering, and from all of it, she was exhausted. She just wanted to be done with it all. But even if it was just because they were in a less than ideal situation, there was something warm about her help being needed being trusted, even when she didn't feel like she deserved it. The vampire was right, she wasn't alone, and she still had a part to play. While it wasn't enough to calm her down completely, it was something to focus on other than the sight of Naomi's death. The vampire had already moved on before Lucille could gather the air to speak, "S-s-sorry... T-thank you for... trusting me." She shook the tears from her eyes and gripped the wind tome; using her tome less magic currently seemed a bit too risky. If there was a silver lining in all of this, there was no way she could get any lower than this.

A still very shaken Lucille to 1, 22 Wind Myrm 9 and Canto to 2, 20