Hero, Don't Kill The Demon King! Chapter 1: Lives Not Yet Thrown Away

Nanami Touko

Seeing Taliyah's attention turn away from the Oni made Ayane breathe a sigh of relief inwardly. The guilt she felt was still quite heavy, perhaps later they could speak...she owed the poor girl something, she just wasn't sure what. But with that subject shelved for now the samurai went to the counter and took a look at the fine blades. A specific one had caught her eye. "...my good man." She spoke out. "I would like to purchase that blade." She pointed at the Brave Sword on the wall.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ren bit back a sudden bought of laughter at the miscommunication between Bridgit and Shizuka, with the vampire fighting back a twitch of her eye.  It's fine, the human doesn't know so it's only valid for her to explain right?  Of course, as she opens her mouth Ren is quick to cover it with one of his hands, a bright smile masking the mischief he's actually feeling on the situation.

"She's been struggling with it ever since joining the group, and will greatly appreciate your help Shizuka!" he chimes in, now moving over to the little maid and wrapping an arm around her before pulling them both aside.  Bridgit meanwhile is left to process what in Hess just happened before facepalming in much regret.  Why she lets the oni get away with it is beyond her, but she'll make him pay...hopefully.

Ren to 7,12 and Bridgit to 8,12

A Temptation

Spoiler

As the night wound on, and everyone began to sleep, Ren would find himself awake and alone, away from the group, swallowed by his own thoughts. Thoughts on Ouka, thoughts on Ayane, his family and his duties... but he would not find himself alone.

"... Can't sleep, cousin?" Her voice cut the air like a heated blade, smiling widely, as she slowly approached. "Surely... you don't mind if I speak with you for a moment... yes?" It was, of course, Suzume... She looked as healthy as she did when she was alive. No wounds, no horns. Clearly an illusion, but perhaps a welcome one. She didn't bother to stop her approach, weapon sheathed, arms out... Unless Ren stopped her, she would--

"Ahhh... I've missed you, so much..." A tight hug hit the oni, a squeeze, but no warmth. Illusionary magic could only do so much... "Ren... Ren~ Mmm... I... I want to talk with you, so badly. Please... don't push me away. Don't get Ayane. Don't scream, or run, or anything... I'm still, Suzume. Still me... Even if my life isn't my own, anymore."

It didn't help that new information about Ouka's goals started to surface, the fact that they have another oni to deal with led Ren to have difficulty in falling asleep.  Leaving it as a lost cause now he ventures out to try and clear his mind...only to run into the one person he thought gone from their lives.  With a sharp turn of his head there Ren sees Suzume, speechless and unmoving as she makes her way towards him.

"Suzume..." he mutters softly, unable to take his eyes away from her as she suddenly wraps her arms around him in a tight hug.  There's a moment of weakness as he returns it, the other's unmarred visage making it seem as the attack to their village didn't happen...but it's all for naught as she continues to speak, and he painfully goes to place his hands on her shoulders and push her slightly away.

A frown, one of pain and sadness, twists the ex human's lips as he tries to keep composure.  "I won't...but I can't take your words as they are.  How can you say you're still the same girl I came to love as a sister if your life is being controlled by someone else?" he hisses the last part, golden eyes narrowing as they turn a frigid blue.  "Did she send you to do this?  For her to stoop so low isn't an uncommon thing to do."

"No, she didn't," Suzume assured, trying her best to push closer to him, as much as he kept her as arm's length. "Please... Mm... A sister, is it?" She sighed, finally stopping her pushing and fighting, letting herself stare at his narrowing eyes. "I... Have control, at times. Even if there is a haze that falls over my sight... I can tell that you are still as handsome as ever."

A smirk, she really began to look him over, smiling wider. "You've really... Grown, Ren. Look... I've... I've never considered you a brother. I know we're cousins, but to me, you were always a man. One that I held a lot of feelings for, even if it was wrong of me... But I was always weak. Too weak to train with you and Ayane. The only silver lining of having Ouka take my body... Is that I have the strength to fight. To be on par with you two. I can be with you now, Ren!"

Her smile had continued widening, hoping he would understand, at least a little bit... "Please. Tell me about yourself. Tell me how you've been... I've missed so much. It's just us here. Ouka is too busy with her plans to know I've come to speak with you."

He can't help as his eyes widen at the other's revelation, leaving him speechless for a moment before shaking his head.  "Suzume, I..." he starts, then stops as he listens to her plea as his pale face turns a ruddy color from the observations.

"I-It hasn't been that long cousin," he finally says, a small huff leaving him before sighing.  There's no use in arguing with her like this... "And know that I never thought of you as weak.  You had your own strengths, and just because you couldn't train with us doesn't mean I wasn't around to help you," he corrects, a small reprimand before blinking at the sudden question.

Should he tell her what's been going on?  Maybe if he simply omitted some things...

"Well, I am seeing someone at the moment," he explains, smiling briefly at the thought of Gabriela before continuing on his recount.  "We've been travelling for a while now.  Gods, has it been a time here," he says with hollow laughter before a small sad smile could be seen on his lips.  "I miss our village, our land.  This place has its own charm but...I wish for it to end soon so we can go back to rebuilding what was once lost."

He doesn't specify the "we", giving Suzume a hopeful look as he takes her hand in his own.  "You don't know how much we miss you.  Feelings aside, know that what was done to you has no forgiveness and Ouka will rue the day she dared to cross us."

"I... See." Suzume shook her head, trying her best to ignore that bit of news... Slowly moving herself closer to Ren, as much as he would allow. "If... If you miss everything, then... Then why don't we go back there? We can... Once Ouka is..." Suzume felt her speech faltering, know what would happen to herself if Ouka were to perish.

"If... If she, dies, then... I will die with her. I just... I hope that you and Ayane are ready for that. No matter if I am stopped, if I am held captive, when you slay Ouka... All of those under her control, will perish." A hand gripped his arm, squeezing it tight, pleading eyes looking up at him. "Are you sure... You can't, consider... A life, under her? It's not... It's not that bad..."

There's a falter in Ren's own expression at being reminded on what will happen once Ouka is defeated.  He's been careful on thinking about that, especially when conversing with Ayane but...to have it so blatantly placed in front of him in the form of his dear cousin is...

"We'll find a way.  I'm sure-" he starts, the freezes at the sudden approach, eyes widening slightly at the proposition given to him by Suzume.  Is he hearing correctly?  There's no way he'll ever join forces with Ouka, not after what she's done with their family, their village.  Lives upturned and for what?

It's not fair, to have to choose now...

...Unless-

He stops those thoughts before they manifest, moving away as if burned by Suzume's touch.  The fact that he even contemplated that for even a second, it's...

"What...are you saying Suzume?"

"L-Look... I... Things are a bit grey, but I don't feel any pain, anymore. I never have to worry about being injured. Once this is all over, we could live happily in bliss. It doesn't have to be such a struggle... I... If Ouka gets what she wants, I don't, want to see you die, Ren. You or, Ayane, but she'd never listen to me. Not about this, but you! You just... Just might..."

There was a hopeful stare in her eyes, locked onto Ren's. She'd been steadily approaching him, finally hugging him again, looking up at him. "... Kiss me. Kiss me, and come with me, Ren. I miss you, so, so much... I, I need you... As more than, the family we were raised to be. Please..."

"Why...wouldn't she?  Ayane's your sister, I'm sure she can come to reason with what you can tell her," Ren tries to sooth the other's worries, but knowing how the elder is the ex-human felt at a crossroads.  Overall he didn't want to lose them both, but sometimes fate can be cruel to those who didn't deserve it.

At the hug there's a gasp, followed by a sudden wave of trepidation and...anticipation?  Before anything else happens Ren immediately pulls away from Suzume, one of his hands now covering his mouth.  They didn't kiss no, but...

If he were a weaker man...

"Suzume...I can't," but even he felt the doubt in his words while looking over at the other.  The small sliver is all it can take to break the control he currently has.

As he pulled away, Suzume let her arms sink to her sides, gaze cast upon the ground. "I see... I, I will come back another day. You have too much to think about... Cousin~" A gentle jab at their familiar situation, Suzume smiled like she had all those nights ago, not completely herself. "Good night... Sleep well~ Perhaps... Should I remove Ayane, you will have less, to be loyal to... And then. We can be happy." A tiny cackle, her form swayed and turned for the trees, sauntering off with the quietest laughter, remaining on the winds as she finally slipped out of sight.

Leaving Ren alone... And most likely troubled.

Edited by sweet podado

When Lavinia leaned up against her, the small gesture of intimacy, and request for more, caused a sudden slight catch of guilt to strike the zombie. Jade had pumped the brakes a little, after all, but perhaps today would be a good time to lean back into things, probe her level of comfort again and see how things go? After all, small though it were, Border was an actual town, with real lodgings, and not just caravan camping and keeping their own watch.

The small kernel of an idea was planted. Jade leaned back against Lavinia, reciprocating the vampire's touch, and answered truthfully, "It has been a while, hasn't it? Well then, how about I be yours for the day, hmm? I'd been thinking about maybe visiting the arena after we wrap up our business here," There were fond memories of their last trip to the arena after all. Not only because of the results, but also there had been Asami's meddling afterwards, and well... despite the discomfort it had initially caused Lavinia, the end results... "If you had a different plan though, by all means?" The merchant's invitation for a counter-proposal trailed off with an upward tone. They'd just reached the vendor by this point, but she decided to just stay relaxed here for the moment, awaiting an answer rather than rushing in to sort out any business.

"The inn is closer, so let's go there... I'll catch up to Suki at the arena later. That Verah girl should be enough to keep her corralled." Amera had gotten a minute to speak with Verah once she'd not so graciously gotten herself into the group. It had turned out to just be her nerves; the woman was moderately competent behind the shell. Talking with the king or the general would have put any new face on edge, anyway.

"The one next to the arena should be closest to here, so let's go and see there, yes?"

"... Fifteen hundred gold. Didn't come up with the idea, but I had to put the whole thing together by hand. Only made one, took a whole day. Not something I can mass produce out here." Renald figured it wouldn't hurt to try and up sell the bow; he hadn't told a lie, it had been a moderately arduous process.

"As for... Miss horns..." he said slowly, not sure what to make of, whatever monster this was in front of him, "also fifteen hundred. You can try an' talk me down on the bow; the mechanism is unique, but the actual bow attached is fairly standard, but a brave weapon... Who in Hess' name called them that, anyway? Whatever, it's inscribed with magic, on the hilt." He pulled it off the rack and held it on its side, tilting the hilt towards Ayane. "Makes it weigh less, aaaaaand this one," he continued as he flipped the sword over, "makes you swing faster. Wind magic mumbo jumbo, ask a mage, I just sell the stuff-- BUT, magic is worth way more, far as I'm concerned, so that's final price on that."

"Custom... A-Alright. Erm. Please don't get startled." The spider didn't explain further what she meant by that, fetching a measuring tape from beneath the counter and crawling over it. Marina would immediately recognize the symbol on her abdomen, and suddenly the spider's hesitance would begin to make sense. "Stand still... Okay? I need to make sure the measurements are accurate."

Tenna moves to 13,7

"Huh?" Tenna was surprised that Xalrei didn't think she was strong... She was a dragon, wasn't she? And she'd torn through Ithraxl's men like they were nothing, charging into the fort... "What do you mean, help? We all use some kind of weapon... That's nnn, n-not help, that's just fighting." Maybe she meant something else, but Tenna wasn't convinced. I'm fairly thin, but I'm still really tall... And she's lifted me off the ground like I was light as a feather. What does she mean, then...?

As they entered the armory, Tenna looked around... and shrunk behind Xalrei. It didn't work very well, given their height difference, but there were just, so many monsters there and-- "O-Oh! Hello, Agnn... ni!" He seemed to be shopping with one of the lizard girls... She didn't scare Tenna as much, given the scaly similarity to Xalrei, but it was still difficult.

"It's okay, Solly," Thessy began, reaching up and giving the fairy a small stroke on her hair. "I don't blame you for thinking I would've flown off the handle... Maybe, two weeks ago I would have, but... All the recent events between us, my fight with Nessraya, and... And understanding what Lucille got so mad about, it's helping my perspective on things. And my own reactions... It won't be that easy, but it's a start. Just need to keep, keeping it under control." Outside of the battlefield, anyway...

Lavinia had deftly pulled an arm around Jade when the leaning was reciprocated, getting half of a hug she'd been rather desperately being patient for. It was more of a tight squeeze, really, like she was trying to pull the zombie right onto her lap. "Would that we had the time, I'd have half a mind to continue in private, from where we left off atop the walls at Tepel... But, much as we might have this 'day' to ourselves, it's only a few hours. I want to explore you, thoroughly. I'll need a day off entirely..." It was hard to hold back the urge, but with a rough sigh, Lavinia let her squeeze off just a bit.

"The arena doesn't sound bad at all... So long as I can keep my head, this time. It doesn't hurt, but it is rather annoying... A long time ago, I'd had my head put back on slightly crooked, and for an entire year, I felt like something was off. Always had to turn to the right more than I thought I needed to... Well, let's see to this vendor stop, and then see my action hero to her romp at the arena, yes? Just make sure if you feel the urge to bite someone, you bite me. I can take you, any time." That one, that one was on purpose.

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

"I insist, Taliyah, this axe is fanciful, but I find it deserverd." Agni shot a smirk back at Taliyah, before checking the smith's wares one last time. His insterest did get piqued. "Just one more thing, for myself, as a treat."

Agni pays for the stiletto.

"Ah, understood." Fyl stopped a moment for a quick salute and followed Meridrya along the city. It was nice to have such loose schedule after the scouting missions. *Well, I'd never thought I'd see the general and King so close, yet here we are. This beats scouting the wastelands for sure~*

Fyl moves to 7,10.

"Is that so? Hm... thank you for your suggestion. I suppose a blunt blacksmith is better than a fraud, and I'd like to familiarize with the weapons this region creates..." Taiyou nodded the child's way, thanking him, before turning to the oni. "Hmm... why not give a try? It's a better lead than most, Mae. You'll carry the weapons for now." She was going to make use of that suggestion.

Taiyou to 14, 9.

"Don't get st-st... oh." Marina quickly recognized the markings on her abdomen. Black widow... Marina kept a calm demeanor however. The shopkeeper seemed nice, she didn't think she'd hurt her. Spiders were okay as long as they weren't provoked. 

Besides... it would take more than a newspaper to squash her if she really had to.

"Not a problem." With a smile, Marina raised her hands up so the arachnea could measure her. 

"I... I, o-okay..." Taliyah was having a hard time accepting such a gift, but fighting him wouldn't do her any good.

Agni pays for a Stiletto!

"Of course! I love being useful to you, Mistress~" Mae was overjoyed at the suggestion of being the bag carrier, happily following after Taiyou.

"Have fun! My dad makes the coolest stuff!"

Mae skips along to 14,10

The spider paused for a moment, all four of her eyes lighting up a bit. "You're... Not scared?" As she'd said, she began measuring Marina for her height and width, making sure to be careful with her movements, getting precise numbers. "Okay... I'll start spinning something up for you. Feel free to, look around for anything else you need... Do you want a top and bottom? Or just one article?"

Turn 3/Player Phase

"Suki!" Amera called quickly, tossing the wolf a small pouch, "pay for the arena with that!"

"Ah!" Suki caught it, quite easily, nodding... "Money... I-I use! Thank you! Amera!"

Suki to 12,5!

"Hokay... Just gotta watch a wolf... Hello, foxes." Verah idly waved to Yui and Asami, following after Suki into the arena.

Verah moves to 12,4

dFi3i70.png

Bladen headed towards the arena, noting Suki and... The ram horned beastlady who had joined them after the jail break recently. He could not remember her name... But she was next to Asami and he smiled at the two of them and Yui. "Well then, shall we cheer for our friend Suki? You've got this, pal. Go show them your strength."

He headed into the stands as Suki went to register to fight. This would be good. He could get a sense of what he was facing here and take a second to calm his nerves. He knew that his father wouldn't have approved but he had realized through his battles that he had to take chances to learn wherever they presented themselves. Even if it was fighting for sport, he could still improve his technique. "Let's goooo Suki!"

9-4 wait for arenaing next turn

Edited by scorri

"Sounds good to me," Nashwa replied a little begrudgingly, not really feeling like moving too much right now. The nausea and anxiety had mostly settled, but she knew that anything could set her body off given the chance to... and honestly, she'd rather focus on keeping herself in check than trying to walk like this.

Knowing which inn Amera was talking about, the black-haired succubus took some steps, but could definitely feel her balance being off. Anything faster than this would probably make her fall over. "I, uh... I might, need some help, or we'll take half an hour to get there..."

"Oh, hello Bladen~ Finally decided to join us?" Asami chirped, as the fallen arrived. "You'll be the second to go, today... But probably not the worst, hmhm. I don't think the wolf is going to get very far~"

"Alright, alright. Up with you, then." Amera waisted no time in hoisting Nashwa, picking her up like a princess being carried by one frustrated knight. "Hmm... Thought you'd be heavier."

Amera to 16,8, Nashwa to 16,7

He settled into the stands next to Asami. "Mm, she may surprise you. She's got a good battle sense I think..." This would be good. He could get a sense of what he was facing here and take a second to calm his nerves. He knew that his father wouldn't have approved but he had realized through his battles that he had to take chances to learn wherever they presented themselves. Even if it was fighting for sport, he could still improve his technique. "Let's goooo Suki!"

"H-hello! I, uhm... Suki. Here to fight." The wolf impatiently wagged her tail, placing the gold on the counter for the confused receptionist. One tired looking cow girl.

"R-Right... Walk yerself on in, miss. Weapons are provided by th'arena. Iffin ye lose... Yer out fer the whole day. No refunds."

"Too many words! I want fight!" Suki nodded to the terms of service without any more thought, dashing past her into the ready area.

"Geez, these beastkin... No patience... Speaking of, she ain't gettin' past the last fight."

Verah snuck herself into the watching area, resting against the guard rail, not sure if this was something she was going to enjoy, but, she'd been tasked to at the last watch over Suki. "I hope she knows what she's getting into," the goat mused with a sigh, "this isn't training, it's bloodsport. You're not allowed to kill here, but... If they take off an arm, no one's getting in trouble over it." Suddenly this was a lot more anxious than it previously had been, for the unfortunate watcher.

Round 1!
Suki vs. Gordo Fromage!
Fight!!

"GRrraaahhhh!!" Suki had no need for words on the field of battle!

Suki:
15 damage!

Gordo:
13 damage!

Round 2!
Suki:
9 damage!

Gordo:
13 damage!
Defiant speed activates!

Suki doubles!
19,44!
9 damage!
Suki wins!

The crowd cheered on the victory of their newcomer, the bloodied wolf girl smiling and howling to the cheers of the crowd. She didn't really get it, but she was going to press on regardless.

Round 1!
Suki vs. Jin Beerston!

Suki:
19 damage!

Jin:
10 damage!

Round 2!
Suki:
13 damage!

Jin:
10 damage!

Round 3!
Suki:

Victory!

"Looks like our newest competitor isn't some rookie," came the booming voice over the arena, barely louder than the crowd cheering! "Will she keep going, or is her stamina already out!? What'd'ya say!?"

Suki simply howled at the voice, raising her sword high in the air.

"Good enough for us! Send in the new challenger!"

Round 1!
Suki vs. Jerid of the River!

Suki:
21 damage!

Jerid:
21 damage!
Defiant speed activates!

Suki doubles!
51,90!
Jerid goes down!

Another howl left the wolf, not losing steam at all, as another of the arena's current competitors fell to her swings!

"By golly! Is she going to go all the way!? Place your bets at the front!" There was no question of whether or not Suki was going to go again this time, just a hurried rush of healers patching her up before sending in the next challenger. "Let's give it up, for SAMUEL, ARANT!" A hulking mass of armor walked out into the arena, carrying one large gun. Their run breaker, it seemed. "Does our furry friend stand a chance against such a titan!?"

Round 1!
Suki vs. Samuel Arant!
FIGHT!

Suki:
14 damage!

Samuel:
Miss!

Round 2!
Suki:
8 damage!

Samuel:
18 damage!

Round 3!
Suki:
8 damage!

Samuel:
Miss!!

Round 4!
Suki:
8 damage!

Samuel's gunfire was impressive, but the weapon was unwieldy, bulky, and fired slow! Despite the clean hit from one blast, the next one was a near miss, giving Suki the chance she needed to ram both her sword and herself into the hulking armored fighter, sending them over onto the ground! An attempt was made to stand back up, but they fell flat, leaving Suki smiling, and the winner, once again...

"Can you BE-LEEVE IT!? This wolf is reaching for the top! Can she get past one of today's most powerful fighters... Chain!?"

Round 1!
Suki vs. Chain!
FIGHT!

Suki:
17 damage!

"TEYAAAH!"
Chain strikes twice!
26 damage!
Defiant speed activates!

Suki doubles!
"GRRAAWWWWRRR!"

Suki wins!

"THERE'S NO WAY!!" The announcer was silenced by the crowd, once again losing their minds over such a display. Chain was using a brave weapon, their show stopper, their investment into making sure overconfident fighters stopped flat at round five. Somehow, Suki was still making it, evening giggling to herself, the praise and attention foreign but overwhelmingly welcomed!

Round 1!
Suki vs. Mitsuba Bluevalley!
FIGHT!

Suki:
18 damage!

Mitsuba:
Critical!
24 damage!
Defiant speed activates!

Suki doubles!

Suki wins!

There was no more announcer, the folks passing through Border were losing their minds, no one had gotten to the end of the arena's gauntlet today! ... And for good reason.

Before Suki stood a hulking helhound. Another beastkin, one that had shown up in town and swept the gauntlet in moments, taking the victory as the chance to put herself at the top of the gauntlet for kicks.

That wasn't going to stop the wolf, letting out another roar of a growl, and charging forward!

Round 1!
Suki vs. Ember Valazur!
FIGHT!

Suki:
17 damage!

Ember:
14 damage!

Round 2!
Suki:
11 damage!

Ember:

Despite her best efforts, and getting two good hits in, the helhound was bigger, faster, and far stronger than her, bare fists laying her out on the dirt of the arena floor...

"And we have our winner! Current reigning champion of Border's arena, Ember Valazur!" The crowd cheered either way, glad to have seen such a show, and to have seen Ember actually step out to fight. She hadn't been on the field since her run through the previous day, folks were clamoring to see her fight again.

Despite losing, Suki still had plenty of stamina left in her, growling as she sat up, huffing, and spitting out a wad of blood. "Mrrhh. O-One, more hit... I win. Legs, t-too slow..." A whine, she was a bit of a sore loser, giving a pout and a glare over at her competitor.

"Woooooow..." Verah was rather stunned... Despite Suki clearly not getting it, she'd actually managed to nearly sweep the whole place. A genuine clap was given to the wolf for a job well done. "Hope Amera's proud of her."

Ember raised her fists, striking a victory pose to the crowd as her opponent fell to her second round of blows. She held it for a moment, soaking up the praise and adoration of the crowd. It felt good to be on top, even if she'd yet to hold her position for twenty-four hours. Grandstanding over and her ego fed, she approached the young beastman she'd laid out a moment ago, offering her a paw to help her stand up despite the glare on her face.

"You put up a good fight, girl, and not just with me. I was watching the whole time, you got some serious skill and one hell of a swordarm. Keep training hard and I'm sure you'll be a force to be reckoned with in no time." She smiled down at Suki but resisted to urge to ruffle her hair. "C'mon and stand up and give the crowd a cheer. What you did was still impressive even if you didn't run the whole arena."

Suki growled, but accepted the helping hand up, pouting for a moment... Before raising her sword for the crowd, letting them cheer over here. The attention and praise took the sour out of her mood, slowly smiling, tail wagging happily. "It, it close fight... I, next time. I win. You see!" She huffed through her smile, taking her injured self off to the exit door. She had plenty of money to receive, even if she didn't know it yet.

"Hey, wha--" Nashwa was suddenly very embarrassed, having thought Amera would've just lent a shoulder, instead of... this. But rather than complain about it, she would only quietly look away. Best not to pay attention to how she was being handled or who was doing so, that would just make things more difficult.

The remark, though, was unexpected. Did she look like she had more muscle than she actually did, or what? "...Do I look like I'm more built than it feels? Usually, people assume the other way around... Unless, you think I'm fat, or something." Self-conscious was better than the alternative she could be feeling, at least. The succubus did what she could to keep herself stable, pulling herself compact in Amera's arms, tail wrapping around her waist until they'd get to their destination and be fine on her own legs again.

"Mhm. It's still nice to see you trying your best to better yourself, Thessy. A calm mind is a happier mind, or something. And hey, if you keep it up you can knock the socks off those stupid nobles when you get back. Make them look the child for trying to rile you up while you just sit there." Sollowy squeezed the Medusa tight. "But enough about that, lets get started on our date~ We only have so long before we're back to marching. I'm fine with wherever you lead, Thessy."

"Hello... Princess." Agni turned to Tenebria. Right, she chose to come... and still seemed to have difficulty integrating. "What's the matter?" Making sure he paid for the item properly, he pocketed his new weapon, nodded at Taliyah, and waved at the blacksmith. "That should be it, thank you for your business. "Good luck with your purchases too, Ayane." It seemed like she and Taliyah talked for a moment, but he had been a bit absorbed to follow.

"...How are you faring with the group, Princess?" Back to the new concern, "Marina's been quite burdened with the responsibility of it all, I'm sure your presence here has been a boon."

"Mistress... is not a proper term to refer to me, I feel." Taiyou shook her head, giving the boy one last glance, a nod as she walked off.

"An armory, huh? I could use something better..." She didn't exactly get to bring much with her... and the general soldier around here felt... fairly armored, to speak nothing of monsters.

"Ha, see Asami? She's got fight in her!" More than he had expected honestly. He was glad to have a shield now, seeing some of the enemies he was facing. The one with the large gun... Samuel, he thought the announcer had said. That one would be tough. He would need to dodge, because if one of those hit just wrong, well, he suspected that would be it. Still, he could do this. He had to.

The spider was a bit apprehensive at first, or so it seemed to the Siren. It appears people were often afraid of her. Not too surprising, as Gabriela herself needed a second too to adjust, but well, she has seen a lot of monsters and the shopkeeper was hardly the first arachnid monster she has encountered. ''This is so exciting Rina! I wonder if you have ever been measured for clothes like this... I think a lovely dress, maybe in red or blue, would fit you like a charm! What do you think?''

"A Brave weapon..." She repeated as he went over the price. She could tell that blade was special, magic was the answer it seemed. "Very well, I will accept that price." Despite giving her maid a good chunk of change she still had enough left over for the blade. So she opened her coin bag and offered up her gold.

Astraea stared out across the white waste, clutching a hand to her chest. She had gotten distracted, not overly unusual for her, but this time it was different. She wasn't diving into something new that she had only seen in a dream. No, this time she was scared. The vast emptiness, that would steal her magic away if she was not careful, steal that which was her very core, it terrified her.

This wasn't an entirely new feeling. On the one hand, she had felt it when the Darkness had found her during the fortune telling. Knowing that death incarnate was coming for her had left her shaking. But on the other hand, she had been feeling this terror ever since she had been told there were no others like her on this land. No, even before that. She had known, really, after her first lonely dream, that she was alone. And that was what scared her the most. To have gone from where sharing her mind, her soul with her family was as natural and easy as existing, to this place where she was cut off from everyone and everything...

It had taken a bit to truly sink in. She had hoped that her new companions could replace what she had lost. But though she enjoyed their company, even really liked a few of them already, there was still a distance between them. They couldn't understand her, not really, and how could she understand someone she could not dream with? She slumped down, knees hitting the dirt, eyes locked on the suddenly misty desert. Who was she trying to fool? She might find companions, maybe even friends here. But her family, those she could love and know better than anything else, she had lost them forever.

"Alright. It's not easy... for either of you. She understands that, I think." He sighed slightly, somewhat relieved at how peaceably things had gone. A group such as this simply needed time to adjust; it wasn't a regimented group united in their backgrounds, or so on and so forth. Conflict, minor or major, was bound to crop up from time to time.

He pondered what he might have needed from the town, but was coming up with little. As far as supplies went, he was doing well enough, and anything more than a personal scale was being handled by the more wagon-wielding among the group. "It's important to prepare for traveling the wastes, so that would be prudent. I passed through on my way to Vaia, so I'll be alright with what I have, but let's see if there's anything for you." Preparation was important, and moreso than that it was time spent not on the march or in battle. Some shopping would do them good; and perhaps he might get some more practice at not forgetting to use 'Angelise'.

Fifteen hundred was... more than she had. Would she have to ask for an advance before leaving if she wanted to buy the damn thing? The arena wasn't an option... that sort of fighting was just asking to get herself taken out of action and losing more money than she stood to make... she would have to try and talk him down, as he said... here went nothing.

"If the base bow is standard issue, that does seem a bit steep. After all, with practice, the mechanism should become faster and easier to make, too. How about a thousand?"

______

Nashwa continued to be out of sorts, but Amera was quick on the draw, lifting the succubus off the ground and carrying her. With their destination set at the inn, all that was left to do was arrive.

"Well Nashwa... if there's anything you feel comfortable enough to divulge along the way... go ahead."

Though the younger succubus knew she had much she could say that was relevant to her situation, she also viewed most of it as something to be kept secret. Then again... she'd have to tell everyone what she was after at some point anyway, so she should at least say what Seilan and Lucille already knew. "I, should probably start from why I'm here... I'm Hweinese, and as you probably know, things aren't great for a succubus down there at the moment."

A deep sigh, both at having to not be at home, and for having to explain again why she wanted to go back. "So, I arrived here a bit over a week ago, and left town to go find work until I could go back. Then, first night out, just sleeping in my tent, I get robbed blind." With Nashwa's annoyance piping up, her right hand began doing an odd motion seemingly without her input, as if repeatedly flipping a coin off her fist. "...Which means everything I'm carrying right now, is all I have left. But the guards said a group with stuff matching my gear left for Hwein not long before I came back here to look for them."

"Hmm? I mean..." Marina paused for a second. "Well, sure, you're an... arachnea, right? And... well, a black widow, but even with a normal spider, you just... have to not freak out. Or be nice. You seem nice so, y'know, I don't have to be scared," And she ended with a smile. "Uh, just a top should be fine, I can look around for the rest. O-Oh, right!" She was reminded of the other reason she was supposed to be here, "Um, if possible, if you could make a nice dress too, something that'd... m-match my hair?" She hoped the owner caught it, but it still felt a lot to ask. Hopefully it'd be fine.

Turning back to Gabriela, she had to think, "I think I did once. I was a lot younger, it was for a family wedding." Looking at the other wares aside from clothes, she noticed a particular item. But she turned around, "W-While we wait, do you wanna help me find some extra clothes too, maybe find a little something for you?"

"Then we gotta help her!" And off went the maid, in the direction of what looked like a vendor. It had to work similarly to in Nanbu, right?

Shizuka moves to 9,6, enters the shop