Hero, Don't Kill The Demon King! Chapter 1: Lives Not Yet Thrown Away

Nanami Touko

It was rather crowded in the seamstress' shop. No doubt some of the others had thought similarly to Lucille to prepare for their journey across the wastes, while perhaps some others were meaning to find ways to pass the time in the small town, somewhat more like himself. Either way, there were familiar and unfamiliar faces both, and as Lucille spoke with the shopkeep he glanced around the shop to see who was there. Marina, Gabriela (who was offering a greeting), and then some more he didn't know; though it was a safe enough assumption that they'd been traveling together. A majority of humans, here, surprisingly enough; he hadn't seen such a scene in... quite some time.

It took him a moment to realize Lucille was addressing him, and he offered a short nod as she moved off towards the tunics. "Ah - sure. I'll be... browsing around, for now." Admittedly, there wasn't particularly much that interested him at the moment; he was rather comfortable with his current wear. He was more interested in what the others were here for. The younger-looking girl, apparently searching for a cloak, seemed to be comfortable enough around Gabriela and her... boyfriend (?). Perhaps she was already accustomed to them. They certainly seemed friendly enough with her.

A busy scene such as this brought faint memories of merchant's quarters and main streets to the front of his mind; he let them stay there, briefly, before filing them away once more, idly gazing at some traveler's cloaks.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marina shuffled nervously as people started to pool in. She gave a smile and waved down at everyone who had come in. It was her time to go do some looking. "I think I'm gonna, go sink into and look for some more cloths for me." She said to Gabriela, before her eye catching a vial of red. Maybe she should ask about that too. Otherwise, she gave Gabi's shoulder a soft shoulder scratch and retreated.

Meeting up to Lucille, she gave a small smile, "I- I hope you don't mind me looking for tunics with you."

The shopkeeper left to do her thing. That left  Shizuka mildly lost. But, that wouldn't stop her. "Lord Ren, we have to find miss Bridgit a hood, right? I'll go look." And off she went lost into the racks of clothing, having no idea where to start.

Lavinia's response laid bare her intentions, making it clearly obvious that wasn't the only thing she intended to lay bare. A bit embarrassed, Jade managed to begin slip in a small, soft response about the kiss on the neck. "It just happened to be the right height..." But she quickly trailed off and gave ground, falling quiet as the vampire continued onward from there, her flirty language from earlier falling to the wayside as she transitioned to more blunt, vulgar statement of fact.

To have provoked such a response...

A bit shyly, the zombie found it difficult to face Lavinia directly. "That's, uh, hoo, haha... mmm... quite the enthusiastic, ahhh..." While Jade might have initially been picturing a more leisurely romantic build up, the prospect of plunging into the tempest directly carried its own sort of fascination with it. Her mind raced, and she wasn't sure the words she wanted to use, so rather than reply that way, she answered by taking the reins with her free hand, and directing the mares to motion, to the east side of town, and the pair of inns to be found there.

Some moments later, she'd composed herself enough to speak again. "How could I say no? In response to passion like that... Even falsely supposing I didn't crave the same?" A few brief sentences, before slipping back toward silence, paying just enough attention to the road and traffic to choose the inn of the two that appeared quite clearly to provide a bit more in the way of privacy. Guests did seem to be attracted one after the other to its fellow instead, which honestly made the choice easy.

Gabriela looked surprised at the sudden entrance her boyfriend made, but she certainly wasn't unhappy with it. "Ren, Dear!" She gave him a little peck on the cheek, as she felt like she hadn't been able to do so in a while. All this fighting can really be tiring, and it doesn't leave much time for romance, which is... sad, really. Gabriela hoped there would be more time to spend time together later, but for now, this interaction had to suffice.

She turned to Marina, who was clearly uncomfortable with the amount of people around. She was going to look for more clothes on her own, which was just as well. She turned back to Ren. "I pretty much have everything I need. I unfortunately don't have time to find clothes for myself, but i'm more than happy to help you out, darling." She stood close to her lover and was clearly elated to be around him.

Lucille absentmindedly continued to look through the tunics. What exactly was she to do anyway? She sighed as her thoughts continued to drift in every which direction; snapping at Thesephine, anything to do with Seilan, and conversations she'd yet to have--she hadn't forgotten about talking with Nessraya again--this clothing trip wasn't having the effect she wanted. She'd missed Marina's greeting, and instead bumped into her, "Oh! Oh, uh... sorry about that. I wasn't paying much attention. O-of course, I don't mind." A thought crossed Lucille's mind at that moment; Marina was a reasonable girl, and she doubted that she would mind listening, but at the same time, Lucille was unsure of how much Marina would be able to help aside from listening. No need to bother the leader of this outfit with something so trivial.

Lucille looked back at the tunics, hoping to avoid revealing the spreading red on her face, and Marina had stopped Lucille in front of a tunic that matched her Christmas green skirt. All of the tunics prior to this one had been remarkably soft, a benefit to Lucille in particular, so this one should be no exception. Picking it up, It looked to be in about her size as well. "Huh... What incredible luck." Finding a tunic had gone far faster than she'd expected, but that still left a skirt, and an actual cover to find. She'd deal with the skirt last, since that would have been the most difficult, and limited part for her. "Hey, um... Marina, do you perhaps know where covers, and such are in here? I'm... going to need one for the wastes, I'm not good with the heat." Maybe talking with Marina about this would keep her mind off the other things.

"I was actually here accompanying Shizuka in finding a cloak for Bridgit, but ah..." he trails off, watching as said little maid goes off to look for what she had in mind but still clueless of where exactly to start.  Also the fact that this is merely a continuation of his own prank on the Pureblood makes the ex human feel sort of bad, having him walk over to her and gently patting her shoulder.  "Shizu, Bridgit isn't sensitive to light because of her skin...technically.  She's a vampire, I was merely jesting on her behalf," he says with light laughter, then turning to Gabriela with a smile.

"If you'd like all three of us can go and search around elsewhere, seeing as I don't really need to get anything.  Ah, that is if you want to join us Shizuka?  I'll be happy to send you off with Bridgit once more, unless you want to keep on looking here?"

She took his hand in a firm handshake, perhaps a bit too firm to be entirely friendly. "So I lost to a fluke before I could even get my paws on ya?" The news didn't help her mood at all, even with him complimenting her strength. She sighed, shaking her head. "At least the crowd loved it. And I suppose I could stick around and play at being this arena's champ, but it was only really meant to be a temporary thing. Figured I'd stay until someone beat me, just didn't expect it to happen on the day after I became champ..."

She released his hand, stretching in place. "You mentioned a group... You mind me askin' what you're doing out here so close to the wastes? See, I'm something of a mercenary, and with this little gig over I'm in need of something to do. If you're strong enough to trounce me, even on a fluke, well, there's probably a reason you need to be so strong, yeah?"

All Xalrei could do was huff in response to Tenna's giggling, lest she begin to sputter and trip over her words. Agni's jab wasn't unnoticed, but all it earned him from the dragon was a very brief glare in his direction. Part of her wanted to make an offhanded comment about how Tenna hadn't seen anything yet, and that Agni was right to think her fearsome, but Taliyah's presence stayed her words. Instead she shrugged and rolled her shoulders. "I was planning on challenging the arena after getting my armor adjusted... I didn't think there'd be a line." Her eyes momentarily shifted over to their wraith bartering with the shopkeep, before resting back on Agni's smirk.

"Yeah, I did. And I cleaned them out, too. I bet you I could do it again, easy. Hundred gold says I make it farther than you," she countered with a smirk of her own, doing her best to loom over him.

Edited by Ursali

Mariette continued to watch as people looked through her store, spoke, enjoyed themselves... This was far from normal at Border, but it was heartwarming, even if there were so many humans. She was paying perhaps too much information to what was going on, hearing talk of covers for the coming heat of the Wastes. "Oh... Er... F-Far, shelf on the back. In three colors and shades; white, black, and blue. I suggest white, if you're going to be wearing it over yourself for direct sunlight coverage..." She only only hoped her butting in to the two conversations wasn't seen as rude. She didn't want to have the humans turn on her so suddenly.

"... My apologies, if I've been too blunt, Jade. I'll manage to withhold myself when we're alone, enough that we can take this as slowly as is needed... But starting the act, I felt, needed a bigger push. We've both been teased perhaps too much by each other to let this chance slip by once again." It seemed the Zombie was on board with things, cart heading away from the shop and towards the inns, Lavinia more focused on leaning against the green woman rather than which inn they were headed towards. "If you'd like to take the lead," she began, paused, pinched Jade's side gently, and continued, "I'm more than fine with that. I'm... Used, to being on the receiving end, after all."

"I've been tasked with overseeing their trip to Hwein and speaking with Yggdrasil. She isn't with the entire tree, as far as I'm aware. They don't share that much of a connection... I think." Meri wasn't exactly an expert on Gathlains and the world tree, but while they were all born of the tree-- that much she knew --she was sure that they all had their own personalities and consciousnesses.

"Mmm, well, no matter the situation, my father told me that this Gathlain in particular is some sort of, world tree princess, so maybe the nobles won't drum up too much fuss... They will complain about a lack of an apparent heir, but that's nothing a succubus can't fix should the two of them wish it. I swear, so old fashioned... They are old, after all. My sister, though?" Meri focused on the sensations from upstairs... feeling two succubi and, a dragon...?

"She's either having a very important meeting... Or having a lot of fun."

Ariana was about to take Ayane's hand and head out of the armory when that shorter woman they'd met at the fort spoke up... Taiyou, if she remembered correctly. Being followed very closely by that oni assassin... Dangerous.... "Yeah. She can tell you the details, if you'd like... What are the two of you here for?" She gave the oni a scowl, that was only met with a genuine smile.

Mae wasn't bothered by either of them so long as she got to spend time with Taiyou. "It looks rather powerful... I can sense a magic on it, so it was likely worth its weight in the gold you paid~ They wouldn't happen to have any unique... Knives, around here, would they?" Mae's smile widened, giggling a little bit.

"Ohhhh... A bet~" Tenna giggled as Xalrei tried to puff herself up, impressed she was trying so hard, but happy to see her getting along with another human. "You should take it Agnn, ni. I'm sure it'll make this more fun, for the both of you." It seemed they were done with their armory shopping, so that just left getting Xalrei's armor fitted. "How about, you two go ahead to the arenn, nn, na, and we'll meet you there once this gets tightened up on Xal?"

"That sounds good to me... Agni?" Taliyah looked up at him, having calmed down finally, over the purchase and talking to a new person.

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

"Eleven it is. And I'll make sure to be as good of a billboard for your new prototype as possible, Renald... although the only folk I intend to see alive after I use it are the folk I'm already with... I'm sure it'll work itself out. Oh, Lavinia might be interested, actually..." Nisha mused, thinking about the other archers in their group... truthfully, there weren't many... 

Either way, she counted out eleven-hundred gold, sliding it across the table to the smith.

______

"It's most certainly related. Your body would have increased it's output in an attempt to feed. Unfortunately..." Nessraya paused, unsure how to proceed in breaking the news to Nashwa.

"Just getting you into a proper feeding cycle is unlikely to fix the leaking, at this point. This has become your body's default state, for lack of a better term... you'll need to properly learn to control your magic, and it will likely take conscious effort to direct and restrain it, until your body adjusts to it's new normal." Nessraya explained, resting her chin on her finger.

"That soldier from earlier mentioned magic supplements that travelers often bring into the wastes. It could be worth looking into procuring extras, so help bulk up your intake while you acclimate. Go ahead and drink some of Amera's blood for now, though. Your immediate needs are the most concerning thing for the moment."

"Make sure it skewers plenty of those Coteonese bastards." Renald wasn't shy about his thoughts, giving Nisha a thumbs up as she was given the bow.

Nisha purchases a Repeater Bow!

"Blood it is." Amera bit her thumb quickly, holding her hand out for Nashwa. "And don't hesitate, or I'll bleed all over the bed, heh. Take as much as you need... I can just relax for the stay here if I lose too much. I'm a hardy gal~" Hopefully the succubus wouldn't be bothered by the situation... The last thing Amera would want to do is stuff her thumb in by force.

"A hundred gold, huh? That should be a fun one. You're on." Agni smirked, enthused by the stakes --any were enough to get him more interested. "I'll be seeing you soon, then, Princess. Xalrei." He nodded to the duo, leaving them to Xalrei's armory needs for now. He spared a glance at Taliyah, a smile, and turned to lead the way to the arena. That one was hard to miss.

"Hm, magical properties. That's good." After Mae had pointed out, it was hard for Taiyou to ignore the sword. "We --I came here to find a better weapon for myself. Also to study them. Mae is being Mae." She answered Ariana curtly, staring the woman in the eyes. 

"Hmmm, so she's kind of nobility in their sense? And her connection is not like that with the tree. That's less scandalous than I expected, then." Fyl's voice almost showed some disappointment, then, but his jovial interest quickly found more lenses to tackle the topic through. "They'll still have some scrutiny... but it might be lessened if the King fights back against Coteon sucessfully." A lot of their opinions rested on that, Fyl figured.

"A lot of fun, huh? Well, I hope your sister doesn't make us wait too long for fun this early in the day... even if she *is* a general." Fyl pouted, legs continuing to kick the air idly as he leaned against the table. "Still, you're both siblings, but you're an elf. Do you and Ness manifest some traits of the other race? Is that why her casting is so good?"

Marina made a yelp as she was bumped into. She caught a railing there and kept herself from falling over, laughing with a bit of red in her face, "No problem, it happens, haha. I know a thing or too about being distracted." And she gave a warm smile.

After some looking, she grabbed herself a few different tunics. Wearing the same pair of clothes days and weeks at a time got a bit gross, so she'd at least have herself something else to wear. A sigh and a smile. "Good..." She quietly told herself.

Turning back to Lucille, she thought about the question. "Well, uh... I don't actually know but, I need a small something too. We could figure out where they are together, maybe?"

Marina seemed to take the accidental collision in stride at least. Lucille breathed an internal sigh of relief, this wouldn't be something to pile on to her less-than-stellar outing. She returned the smile at Marina's request, "I think we certainly can. Although, I--" Lucille stopped when she heard the shopkeeper speak up again, directing the pair towards the back shelf. "Oh, uh, thank you." Lucille replied to her with a sheepish wave. The three colors that she mentioned made her choice simple, but she needed to see the covers first. Assumptions had only gotten her in trouble as of recent. 

"Far shelf on the back, hmm? So that would beeeee... over here?" She gestured for the taller, but younger girl to follow as she moved towards the back. Sure enough, exactly as the arachnea said, were a series of covers in the three colors. She ignored the other two colors; black would achieve the opposite effect of what she needed the cover to do, and blue, while it was a fetching blue, it didn't match her current outfit nor did she think blue fit her very well. Buying multiple covers was also out of the question. White was simply the only option both in function and aesthetic. Just as long as there's one that fits... Relaxing just a little, she turned to look at Marina, "So, what are you looking for, Marina? Stuff for the wastes, or something else?" Lucille looked her over, "I'm guessing the former; traveling the wastes in what you're wearing now would be... very uncomfortable. Not that traveling through the wastes could ever be comfortable if everything about them is true." It was something to talk about that didn't involve other issues, so long as Marina didn't appear to be having a problem with her asking about it. Or talking to her in general. There was always that to worry about. She took a sidelong glance at Seilan, himself meandering through the shop. No, no, focus on Marina, and the cover. She quickly turned back to the covers, waiting for Marina response and hoping that one of the white covers would suit her. 

Edited by Mercenary on the Winds

The back shelves... Marina was quick to follow along with Lucille. "T-Thank you!" And soon enough, there was all sorts of things. Maybe a little too much and not enough time. Marina made a concerned hmm, before hearing Lucille ask abother question.

"A-Ah, yeah. It's why I left my jacket. It's been getting a bit warmer, so I'm trying to wear clothes to accommodate, y'know?"

It was then, she noticed something interesting. A bunch of scarf-looking hoods. Marina found a purple one, slipping her head through it, and slipped the hood on top. "H-How do I look?"

"Mhm, we're starting to get into the summer months..." Lucille said with a little apprehension, especially now that they would heading to Hwein. There was also the issue of that but hopefully it would never come up, and no one would have to worry about it, but her. She turned to face Marina, who'd found a purple sort of scarf-hood. Lucille had completely missed it herself. "It suits you quite well. A nice contrast with your hair." Lucille said with a smile on her face. It was nice to relax just a little. This wasn't too different from when she and her sister were out together. Lucille glanced down for a moment at the thought. Oh, Soleanna... I hope you're alright... She shook it from her head, and picked up one of the white covers, and pulled it over her head. For once, everything seemed to be turning up pretty positively for clothing; the cover was small enough for her, and it was just long enough that it covered everything she needed to cover without hampering her movement in anyway. She looked at Marina, "How... does this look? I, uh, suppose it doesn't really matter much because it just needs to keep the sun and heat off of me, but, well." 

She looked over again at the horned man and Gabriela. Save her thoughts on Gabriela, the scene involving the small girl was cute. It was just a touch frustrating as well; she didn't know how long Gabriela had known the horned being, but her being able to talk with him so freely... She imagined that Gabriela wouldn't have had an issue asking him how he thought she looked in a cover. She sighed, I wish I was that comfortable... If only I could ask-- A quick spark ran up Lucille's arm. She flinched, and quickly checked all around her making sure that nothing had been affected. A small sigh of relief, but... Lucille then realized that Marina would have been staring directly at her. "O-oh. Uh..." 

Edited by Mercenary on the Winds

Ayane was all too eager to go to the arena, the sooner she can get there the better it is for her fiery heart. But in a moment they were stopped by a certain duo. A priestess and an oni. The priestess earned a respectful nod from Ayane, while the oni earned a leer. "...why yes it is a fine blade." She held up the brave sword. "Magically enchanted from what I've been told, so I found the purchase quite worthy indeed." She lowered it. It seemed like Mae was willing to behave herself for the moment, but Ayane was still very suspicious for Taiyou's sake. But there wasn't much to be done for the moment. "I may have eyed a few well crafted daggers in the store, but I can't say for certain if they might catch your gaze. Perhaps you should take a look."

"Ah, err..." He was quickly realizing just how off base he had been with his attempt at consolation, making it seem like she had lost to something he didn't have any control over. Which, while true, hadn't exactly been his intent... "Yes, uhm, we've got a big group here. Probably causing a ruckus for the whole town.... Wouldn't be surprised if a few others of my group end up here at some point before the end of the day. As for why we're here, well, we're headed to Hwein for... various reasons. But we're with the King herself, so that level of business, if that helps. Not exactly my place to give the details, but I wouldn't be surprised if you would be welcome to join our group. I would just need to introduce you to the proper people so you could get all the details sorted?" He glanced around, trying to spot Asami. She wasn't the person who could hire Ember probably, but she could certainly get Ember where she needed to go.

"My family..." She shuddered, clutching her arms around her body, almost seeming to be trying to hold herself together. "They are all I have known. This world, true I have seen in dreams, but I know the colors of my family's souls. When two dream together, you share everything. It is not... Something I can easily put into words. We do not interact like you do down here. It is not as simple as that. Or perhaps it is even more simple? I..." She shook her head. It was all too much, all the pent up and pushed away emotions hitting all at once. "I do not think that I can. Not right now. Perhaps some day I will have words to convey them to you. Their brightness and purity. But... not today. I am sorry. I fear you would be wasting your time waiting for more... I do not wish to hold you back from the other options you have in this town."

"Hmm?" Marina started taking off the scarf and added it to the pile of clothes she had built up over the excursion. Her attention was nabbed by Lucille who wanted Marina's opinion, "I uh... I'm not the best with clothes but... I think it looks good!"

It was then that she realized this pause Lucille had, Marina noting how she was intently starting at Gabi and Ren. Why was she doing that?

Lucille returned to earth and started muttering, which Marina just calmly replied, "You're fine, you weren't gone long," she joked with a chuckle, "Uhh, anything else for you?"

A hood? Now that's interesting, but knowing Bridgit is a vampire, it made plenty of sense. ''Well, if it's a hood you want, I could help you pick out one. I'd bet she would look absolutely stunning wearing a gorgeous hood, not to mention it would protect her.'' Gabriela then looked around the store and noticed the amount of people there. She also noticed Marina, standing there with Lucille looking, in the siren's eyes, a little nervous.

''On second thought, I might just take you up on that offer.'' she said in a quiet voice, trying not to draw attention from the other shoppers. ''It is a little crowded in here, don't you think? Maybe we should take Shizuka somewhere else to buy something for her or something. I... don't need anything else at the moment, but maybe i'll find something nice anyway. Maybe even a little present for you, Ren.'' She gave him a little wink and a chuckle and waited for his idea, wondering what Shizuka or Ren would like for their birthdays...

"Hey now, it's alright," the Pureblood tries to reassure the other while gently taking Astraea's hand in her own.  "I know how hard it can be to talk about family.  It's...still difficult to talk about my own," she offers in sympathy for her new friend, her smile turning a little sad as she looks back at her.  "We don't have to, and I won't push you to talk about something that still brings pain to the heart.  I can however offer a distraction, and none of that from you!  I chose to spend my time here with you, and I see no better company at the moment so you are stuck with me," and there is a finality to her words, but also a playfulness that has been rarely seen from the Pureblood.  Something she hasn't felt the need to do in decades...

It feels right, doing so now.

Knowing exactly why his partner suddenly decided to agree with him has Ren hiding his worry behind a smile while directing Shizuka out of the shop and motioning for Gabriela to follow.  "Precisely!  No need to overwhelm the lovely shopkeep, and there's so much more to look at before we depart."  He's probably wrong, all things considering, but the ex human simply felt the need to break away from any tension that might arise between the new human girl and Gabi.  "Gabriela you don't have to do that...  Honestly spending more time with you is good enough for me," he answers back before stopping on his tracks and placing a hand on top of Shizuka's head.

"Right, almost forgot!  Shizuka, would you like to accompany us still or go back to the shop?  Sorry for not giving you much of a choice but I didn't want to leave you back there just like that."

Whereas Lucille has expected some questions to follow, Marina instead cracked a joke about her spacing out just then. Not a clue how she'd missed the ambient magical energy, but if she wasn't going to say anything on it, she didn't need to wonder anymore. "Haha... I was just noticing the young girl with G-Gabriela, and the... guy with the horns. I've never seen him, or a monster that looks like he does before. Got a little too caught in my thoughts, ha." Only a little, huh? Still it wasn't hard to miss the change in atmosphere. Gabriela, and her partner's conversation had taken a different direction. Had she noticed her stare too? Wonderful, just wonderful. She sighed, "I think the only thing I need now is a skirt, the cover works just fine it seems. But, uh, I probably shouldn't keep you. You came in here with Gabriela, and it seems like they're about on their way out." Maybe the best thing to do after this clothing trip was to just find somewhere to relax, because she sure wasn't getting anything right. First, Thesephine and now this. 

Pleasant as the atmosphere in the shop was, Seilan was starting to feel a little idle; after all, there was little he needed here, especially having been through Border so recently as he had. His tome seemed to weigh heavy in his cloak, as if to portend the battles ahead; and at once he felt his skills might be somewhat... lacking, in the face of what was to come.

Hmm... as of late, I've done little but support the others. Perhaps I ought to test myself, while the opportunity is yet present...

He walked across the shop, to Lucille and Marina's sides. "I've... had a bit of a mind to visit the arena in this town. No need to rush for my sake - we have plenty of time before we leave, I think, so feel free to finish your shopping. You can find me there afterwards."

Seilan (prepares to) head towards the arena.

"It's painfully obvious that you're not accustomed to the rations..." Sollowy shook her head but dropped the topic as she detached from the snake and took a seat across from her. As the elf approached and swiftly began to trip over himself at the sight of Thesephine she couldn't help but giggle a little at his expense. There was just something amusing about seeing him panic so hard just from the sight of Thessy seated at a table. She stifled her giggling as grabbed her menu and took a quick look at her options. The soup of the day just happened to be a personal favorite of hers, but she needed, well wanted, more than just that. However, before she could decide on an appropriate partner to her soup a familiar someone had appeared at her table, now with a fairy in tow...

Just saying hello while waiting for Nessraya. Sollowy wasn't sure what she was expecting, but Meridrya respecting her date was welcome all the same. The elf hadn't been much of a meddler on their way down either, now that she thought about it. She gave them a small wave as they moved to their table and went back to pondering her choice of food. Something light, she intended to test herself in the arena if Thessy didn't mind accompanying her.

"Well, it looks like our date's still intact for the moment, Thessy... Did you get a chance to look at your menu? I've already decided on what I'm ordering. I'd offer to help you choose, but the menu isn't that big." She giggled a little, smiling at the medusa seated across from her.

Ember did a double take, staring hard at Bladen. "Wait, the King? As in, the King of Monsters?" Even a plains dweller like her and her tribe respected Vaia's authority. Granted there wasn't much interaction between them and the crown, but still. "Feels like I just stepped into something way bigger than me... But, working for the King's gotta pay well, right? Maybe this is my big chance..." She muttered to herself before realizing she was still very much having a conversation with the young Fallen. "Er, sorry 'bout that. But if you wouldn't mind I wouldn't say no to you showing me who I should be talkin' too." She gave him a toothy grin, clearly feeling better even if he hadn't meant to cheer her up like this.

Xalrei's smirk matched Agni's own as he took her up on the bet. She'd wipe that smug look right off his face when she swept the arena and he got trounced by some middle man. "Yeah, see you. Don't lose before I get there, huh?" A bit cocky, but it beat silently glowering at him. It seemed the wraith had finished up nearly in sync with Agni heading off with Taliyah, the transaction appearing complete.

"Heya," she greeted the shopkeep as she moved up to the counter. "How long would it take to get my armor tightened? It's a bit too big for me."

Edited by Ursali

"Mmmmh... The differences between myself and my sister. Maybe it's our heritage?" Meri mused over Fyl's question, not quite sure herself. "Father, Nessraya, and our little sister Aezvielle, they're all succubi and incubi, or at least partially, in Nessraay's case. My mother and I are both elves, her being a half elf... Perhaps elves are more inclined to supporting magic, rather than the destructive power of anima?" She shrugged and smirked, amused by the thought, but not sure at all. "As for her fun... I can't feel her magic expanding, so whatever she's getting up to upstairs, it might be more serious than we thought. I guess it'll be all business for her today~"

"Mmm... At a glance, there doesn't seem to be anything special here. All the standard weaponry you'd come to expect, none of the flair... I need something more, personal, to do the work I do~ If we're done, then... Mistress Taiyou, you should see about purchasing anything for yourself. Let's leave the princess and her friend to their errands~"

"Yes, quite... Ayane, if we're done here, then, to the arena? I heard the other group saying they were going; perhaps we can catch their bout and they can see our own?" It was a better plan then staying around here with Mae smiling at them like nothing was wrong.

"Blaaaadeeeeeeeeen~!" Asami came charging into him, jump hugging him, almost knocking him over, the bird strong enough to stay upright despite all of her softness pressing into him. "What a wonderful show you put on~! I knew you had it in you, yes I did, so, so very strong. I'm so proud of you... And hello to you too, big, large, dog person. That lost. To my Bladen~" Asami was bragging for him now, squeezing him tight and smirking up at the Helhound.

Suki and Verah were slowly behind her, Yui waiting a few feet away. "You, beat big dog! Amazing! You fight well too, doggy. Very strong... Bladen go all out. Beat arena! Very cool~" Suki was still pumped up by the fight, tail wagging furiously behind her.

"Mmmm... Steak."

"Steak!?" the poor elf replied, coming back over to take orders. "W-Will, there be anything else? And how, how well, cooked...?"

"Medium rare, with a garden salad. Toss it in whatever sauce you've available... Sollowy?" Thesephine glanced over at Sollowy... Glad to still have this time mostly to themselves.

"Right, er, medium rare, salad, a-and you, miss...?"

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

"Figures. No quick fixes to my problems, not that I was expecting any..." Even if she now had a clear path to reclaiming normalcy for herself, Nashwa still had a lot of work to do, it seemed. Not just mentally, but on controlling her magic in general. Conventional magic was easy enough for her... yet, she felt like taming her errant succubus magic would be an ordeal, if Nessraya's explanation was anything to go by.

As much as she still doubted how effective it would be, she gulped and pulled herself up to the cat's offered hand. It would be one or the other, and the time for the other would come later, her lips cautiously wrapping over the bleeding finger and going into a gentle suck.

Almost immediately after the irony taste of blood came a... wave of relief, almost. The nausea that had forced her unsafe thoughts back quickly receded, and she could feel her senses sharpening back to how they were supposed to be. Bewildered by just how good it felt, Nashwa sat up and drank harder, as if Amera's blood tasted better than anything she'd had before, disregarding whatever embarrassment the situation gave her.