Hero, Don't Kill The Demon King! Chapter 1: Lives Not Yet Thrown Away

Nanami Touko

"If she becomes miserable, it will be looking after your feelings. Try to be a tad less sour, hmm?- Oh... what a bother. Here already, are they?" Nessraya replied, cutting herself off midway through upon the arrival of their... 'guests'. More fools from the Church... it was always more fools from the church. Taking a step back from Agni, Nessraya scanned the battlefield quickly... there weren't overly many of them, hopefully this wouldn't be too perilous a fight.

"Well then, Mr. Protector... show time~"

Nessraya deploys on 17, 15

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too much at once. Their new arrival seemed to be willing to help, so Lavinia would keep an eye on him... Wings were easy pray for arrows, after all. "You, angel... Fallen angel, you fight with us, and we discuss why you were following us after. Marina, stay close. I do not think your holy sword will work on the likes of the church... As unfortunate as that is for us."

Lavinia deploys at 19,13!

"I wonder if we can make it work~ You know how it functions now, yes? Just start working that imagination!" Asami chuckled and pulled out a tome, a shuriken slipping unseen into her other hand.

Asami deploys at 18,16!

Player Phase/Turn 1!

F1mOkHr.png

Stats!

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

14-11

Bladen grumbled as he moved forward. This wasn't what he wanted. He had just wanted to have some questions answered. Not get involved in... whatever this nonsense was. Then again, he couldn't complain about getting the chance to beat up some Church goons. Anything he could do to make the world safer for demons was worth doing. Even if it meant working with humans. Better to just stay further away from them while they fought.

Marina took a deep breath, carefully taking the advice she's been given. This isn't like before. These are people just like me... Just like the demons... Giving a sigh, she prepared to move until being alarmed by Lavinia.

"I understand, Miss Lavinia. At the same time though, I... I want to try stopping this. I surrendered to stop the war, maybe... maybe it won't work, but I can't just not do anything, lower my head, and fight it out. Not again..." She gave an assured nod, "Regardless, if you're willing to stay with me, I promise to not go too far ahead of you."

Marina moves to 16,11

Edited by Silver Gallade

Hmm... now how best to handle this... tree cover could be a pain to deal with, she'd really rather not set the forest ablaze by accident either. Best to just avoid the trees for now, then.

Nessraya moves to 17, 9

"You will do no such thing," Lavinia barked, following after Marina. "These are the church's assassins, the Templar Knights. They don't care about me, you, or the old man in his hut in the next village. Your attempting to surrender to them will make you an easy target, nothing more."

Lavinia moves to 17,10!

"Were they regular soldiers... So long as you stayed behind me, then, fine... But that is not the case, and you are already weary from today's fighting. Save your morals for those deserving, Marina."

"Oh, my, already with the self sacrifice... None of that from me~ Hello! Templars! Over here, come play with me~"

Asami moves to 14,15!

Xalrei rolled her eyes at the hero's insistence of peace. Even if Marina did talk down the Templar scum, she had no intention of letting any of them leave with their lives. Limbs already bristling with electricity, Xalrei leapt into the air, gliding over the trees and landing on the other side. She pointed her lance at the two knights on the other side, challenging them.

"Come strike at me, murderers of the church! You'll find that you're no match for me in a fair fight!"

Xalrei activates High Voltage and moves to 12,14.

Edited by Ursali

Agni stood silent. Fighting humans would never be something he looked forward, so the reality of the situation had him somewhat upset. He didn't wish to bring a blade to a human's neck, so he hoped to leave his dagger in its scabbard. Surely a magic spell was no better, but...

Agni to (14,13).

Edited by Xinnidy

Gabriela laughed. ''So, these church vermin are wearing heavy armor? How cowardly. My magic should find it's way through their armor, right? I'm sure we will win.'' She saw Agni looking somewhat hesitant and was severely disappointed with what is supposed to be a knight. She decided to stay close to Asami. 

Gabriela flies over to 15,15.

"They think they can face us, do they? Stand fast, men! Our hirelings coming round the back should be here any moment!"

Enemy Phase/Turn 1!

Templar Axe #1 moves to 14,6!
Templar Monk #1 moves to 10,8!
Templar Lance #1 moves to 10,11!
Templar Priest #1 moves to 9,10!
Templar Monk #2 moves to 9,15!

"Hmph... You're nothing, monster! Die!"

Templar Sword #1 moves to 11,14, and engages Xalrei!
He swings!
A Hit!
6 Damage!
Xalrei is UNIMPRESSED, and stabs back!
A Hit!
9 Damage!
Xalrei doubles!
Another 9 damage!
Xalrei gains +11 EXP, +2 lance WEXP!

Player Phase/Turn 2!

wr9vf6O.png

Stats!

"Mr. Knight... I said, over here!" Asami smiled and snarled, slipping out past Xalrei and blasting the armored man with a spray of light magic!

Asami to 11,16, Lightning Templar Sword #1!
She hits for 6 damage!
Asami gains +11 exp, +1 light WEXP!

"Right... I suppose it's time to see what we're dealing with, here." Nessraya mused, moving herself into cover before slinging a blast of thunder from her tome! No use in tapping into her natural magic before they knew what the enemy had in store for them.

Nessraya to 16,6, Thunder Templar Axe 1

"No, I... meant if I could talk them out of fighting--" She paused for a second, realizing that maybe... yeah, she's not in a good condition.

That and the revelation these were actually assassins. If she tried to end this peacefully... would it be for nothing and just die? She swallowed her fear, nodding to Lavinia. "You're right, I'm sorry." She then shook her head, "And I know, I don't feel my best at the moment, but I still have to fight. If I ran from the church now... and hid behind everyone else, what reason would everyone have to trust me later? I'll be okay, I promise."

Marina moves to 15,9

Approaching the winged man, she gave a soft, yet concerning smile, "Are you alright? You took quite a fall earlier."

Edited by Silver Gallade

"You should still be hiding behind me, Marina." If she knew she was so hurt, why keep fighting this hard? Troublesome girl...

Lavinia moves to 15,8!

"Come on, church dogs! A real vampire in the flesh for you to cleanse! Do your worst!"

"Oi, human, here's your first chance to make things right," Xalrei goaded Agni as she disengaged from the Templar Knight, repositioning herself onto cover as she deftly swapped out her lance for her axe. "Kill that scum while I patch myself up." 

Xalrei moves to 11,13, equips her iron axe, and uses her vulnerary.

Bladen flinched as the hero suddenly approached him. "Gah! I'm fine! Just... don't do that again. I'm not here to be friends. I'm just fighting here because your pet fox scared me out of my tree. So just... focus on the battle. And leave me be." Geeze, what kind of idiot focuses on how someone else is doing, especially someone they don't even know? She might actually be an idiot if she thinks the battlefield is the place to have a conversation like that.

Marina wanted to reply, but the shock of the... angel's(?) reaction kept her from speaking back. Was it so bad to be concerned? Right. Demon, me, not a good match-up. She thought about it, and Lavinia's words were right... to save her morals for another time.

Rather than reply to the angel, she looked back and prepared for the Templar's attack. She took a deep breath, and gathered her thoughts together,

Okay, Marina... for five, ten minutes, however long it takes, stop letting your feelings push you forward. Just focus on staying alive. Lavinia put her faith in you, now prove she was right to.

Good. The message had hit home. She was focusing on the enemy and not him. It wouldn't do for her to die here anyways. First of all, if anyone was going to kill her, it should be a demon and not some human. She'd harmed the demons, not the humans after all. And second of all, and more important anyways, if she died, who was he going to get answers from? Certainly not that other human. He would probably run away if she was gone. So she needed to focus on battle.

Though speaking of focusing... That fox has better hearing than I expected... No wonder she caught me. But still, he couldn't resist trying to see just how much she could hear. Mumbling under his breath, he commented, "Sure, not a pet. Just follow her around and help protect her. Totally not a tame fox."

While the other 'Warriors' were chatting it up on the battlefield, Gabriela was looking for a prime oppurtunity to prove her worth. She saw a spot fit to not attack, but take or evade any hits that would come her way in the trees.

Gaby moves to 14, 14 and waits.

...Was that drake really trying to order him around? "Don't charge ahead if you can't take it." Agni sighed... as he thought thiswould be the peak of discomfort, he couldn't look the man in the eye while casting. He still needed to go through with it, but his spirit wasn't into it.

Hopefully Marina would be right in trusting these monsters.

Agni moves to (12, 13), hesitanty cast flux on the sword-wielding templar.

Edited by Xinnidy

Agni kills a man!
4 damage!
Doublecast activates!
5 damage!
"Gahhghh!"

Agni gains +37 EXP, +3 dark WEXP!

Enemy Phase/Turn 2!

"Tch... Tougher than I expected. Men, hold the line! I can see our backup!"

4 Mercenaries spawn!

Axe Armor #1 moves to 14,8!
"C'mere, birdy!"
A miss!
Bladen swings back!
9 damage!
He goes down!
Bladen gains +37 EXP, +2 sword WEXP!

"Fallen Hero! Perish!"
Monk #1 moves to 13,9
Hits marina with a fireball
9 damage!

Templar Lance #1 swings at Xalrei from 10,13
Hits a real low RN
does 7 damage
Xalrei swings back twice, deals him 20

Monk #2 moves to 10,14
Hits a medium RN
big sorry Ursa
Xalrei is downed!

Templar Priest #1 moves to 9,13
Heals Templar Lance #1 for 15!

Player Phase/Turn 3!

v2RO9rR.png

Stats!

"Oh dear... that went South quicker than expected..." Nessraya noted with a light sigh... the dragonewt had been incapacitated up North, more church lackeys were closing in, and Marina was injured. Time to bring out her natural magic and thin the herd... hopefully the tree cover didn't end up being too much of an issue.

Nessraya to 17,8 and light Thief 1 up with Fire Ball using MP!

Edited by Ether