Jump to content
SnakeMomMelissa

Hero, Don't Kill The Demon King! Chapter 1: Lives Not Yet Thrown Away

Recommended Posts

Requiem burns brightly!
Roll: 79,39
Stabbed good!
Merc #2 is defeated!
-4 HP to Xalrei
+34 EXP!

Xalrei levels!
Level 9: +HP, +LCK

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A fight had broken out, then... and it was started by participants from the arena... Marina would've complained about being woken up for something that seemed stupid at face value, but she wasn't sleeping anyway. The real annoying, shocking thing going on in her head was that she was glad to a degree that a fight had started. So frustrated, so tired, maybe she'd relieve some of the stresses in her mind, hopefully doing some good for Aensbrook in the process.

She thought about it as she made her way by Jade's wagon, "Jade, before you do anything," Marina calmly spoke to her as she went to the back of the wagon. Going where all the swords were, she saw the rapier that was on the sword rack. Looking down at her waist, she unstrapped Myrithali, feeling the sword start to burn her hand, "Nothing more than added weight anyway," And she set it on the rack of swords, taking the rapier. If Myrithali wouldn't respond to her, she wasn't going to give it the time. It was nothing more than an overglorified paperweight and Marina wasn't going to bother having it around if she couldn't use it.

Outside the wagon, things had already started with a quick end to a thief Nessraya had struck with a fireball. Jade soon went off to make an attack of her own, and Xalrei following suit. Now, "Agni," she tapped his shoulder, "They've got that part of town covered, let's cover this way," and she went off, to prepare for attack.

Marina moves to 11,9!

Edited by Silver Gallade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"What a mess... Alright everyone, bring the fight to them!" Nessraya had already dealt with one of them, leading the charge. It was good to see everyone taking hold of their own duties, Lavinia following after the group. Having Marina on point, though... "Marina, be careful. We don't know how formidable these men truly are." Hopefully she wouldn't take it the wrong way.

Lavinia to 9,8!

Taliyah was pretty spooked, but with how everyone was moving, it seemed like she wouldn't be able to do much... She was nimble, maybe she could sneak around? Turning and running past the onis, she veered around the corner-- "Ah!"

"Huh? Wh-- a girl!? Get 'er!"

"Oh no! They're here too!"

Taliyah to 5,12!

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Men from the arena had come to cause some mayhem? Why in the world would they do that? Looks like someone needed to be taught a lesson in manners! 

Gabriela moves to 6,9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It figures that the arena regulars would be behind this, Ayane thought some of them looked a bit shifty during their bouts. Perhaps they wanted revenge? Either way she was happy to oblige. But running so recklessly into battle after reuniting with her dear cousin would be a waste, despite her blood aching for action. "...Ren, with me." So with that in mind she turned her attention up north to help.

Ayane moves to 4,12

Edited by TheRoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He nods as his cousin tells him her worries, knowing full well of the repercussions if their weapons were to break.  They'd find a blue spider lily first before they could ever find a master blacksmith worth their salt...and from Nanbu as well...

...

On second thought, maybe they should be extra careful with their weapons.  Good thing he had the Yari already.

As he followed the rest, instead of immediately following suit with the others Ren did as told and went on to find an iron sword for Ayane.  Without asking -since there was no time to do so- he quickly took one of the swords from the convoy before making his way towards his cousin.

"Here!" he calls out, the only warning he gives before passing the sword through the air.  It was a practiced throw, coming from all the battles fought and collaborative spars they've had with their respective fathers.  He had no doubt that she'd catch it, and so without worrying more he went back to looking around and evaluate the situation at hand.

"It seems two of the thieves have been downed- wait, Taliyah!" he calls out, but he was a second too late as the girl dashed past them and some of the thieves caught sight of her.  Making his way, he stayed near Ayane but was closer to Taliyah who was in more danger at the moment.   

move to 6,12

Edited by sweet podado

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"If you're waiting on me, then we should leave posthaste-- I am well ready."


"Hmph, yes, it seems like the commotion has been caused by less reputable rabble. Considering our role, as part of Lavinia's group. This duty should fall to us." Agni commented as he turned to Marina, as she returned from Jade's wagon. It was somewhat disappointing that they were losing sleep for this, but all the same, it was best that it was just bandits trifling, rather than any organized group intent in stopping their mission.

"Do be careful, Marina. There are more suspicious men there than elsewhere, let me give you a hand." Tome ready, Agni followed and quickly caught up with Marina. Sticking to her side, he instead took advantage of his position to fling some spells and weaken a nearby ruffian.

Agni moves to (11,10), casts flux at Mercenary #1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agni goes in!
Roll1: 37,89 (92)
8 damage!
Doublecast!
Roll2: 100,59 (87)
9 damage!
Agni gains +11 EXP, +2 dark WEXP!

Enemy Phase/Turn 1!

Mercenary #1 charges Marina!
Roll: 26,18
8 damage!
Marina counters!
Roll: 55,90
15 damage!
Merc #1 is slain!
Marina gains +56 EXP, +2sword WEXP!
Marina levels up!
Level 8! +HP/SKL/SPD

Mercenary #6 sees a chance!
Roll: 81,63
Miss!
Marina swings back again!
Roll: 73,11
A critical hit!
Merc #6 is devastated!
Marina gains +51 EXP, +2 WEXP!

"What the... I've, never seen a monster like that... But, to arms!"
Mercenary #4 is confused, but charges Ren!
Roll1: 51,32
9 damage!
Ren counters!
Roll: 62,7 (80)
Another critical!
36 damage!
"GAHGH!"
Mercenary #4 is kaput!
Ren gains +37 EXP, +2 lance WEXP!

Cleric #1 is shocked by his downed allies, and strikes out at Marina!
Roll: 80,31
He misses!

Mercenary #3 charges Xalrei!
Roll: 34,73
6 damage!
She swings back heavy!
Roll: 48,36
15 damage!
Xalrei gains +10 exp!
-4 HP!

Cleric #2 picks a fight with Nessraya!
Roll: 43,60
10 damage!
Nessraya didn't like that!
Roll: 45,84
He eats 19 in return!
Nessraya gains +4 EXP, +1 anima WEXP!

Another thief stumbles out of a house!
She's clutching a lockbox!

Two thieves appear in the trees, wielding axes!
They look like they're here to ruin someone's day!

And... A silhouette slips out of the trees.

"Oh, darling cousin, sister... I've missed you, truly~"

Suzume appears... As an NPC?

Player Phase/Turn 2!

cEBSEDk.png

Goal: Stop the thieves from escaping!

Suddenly... To the south, a... Blue, woman!?

Taiyute spawns on 16,1!

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Aensbrook, I've made it," The cloaked Genasi quietly spoke as she saw the small town in the distance. About time to, she quickly felt the winds guide her ever quicker. Something was amiss. "Mother, what do you see?" The speed of her run was heightened thanks to the winds carrying her very weight. By the time she reached the town outskirts, she could tell that a battle had begun. But which side was the preferable one. Without a moment to lose, her eyes caught onto the individual in front of her, looking ready to pillage.

From behind, the thief was ambushed by a roar in a foreign tongue; unbeknownst to many, but the language of the Primordials, the very air carried Taiyute's voice as her very speech seemed ready to cause a storm in itself.

"{Prepare thine self, pillager, for your gods have abandoned you,}" Circling around the thief almost in a flash, her eyes started to glow as the very energy around her conserved into her hands, tome in place, "Begone!"

Taiyute moves to 14, 3, commencing attack with Wind!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Goodness. Take care, Marina. You are a great fighter, but you can afford to back down once in a while --you've proven yourself." A watchful eye of Agni's remained on Marina, hoping she'd take the time to back away. "It's easy to misjudge it, with how dark it is." In fact... there seemed to be a small commotion back down, hmm, some ruffian blocking the way. Even Xalrei seemed to be taking her time dealing with that one. Hah. "Let me handle that."

Agni to (10,7), cast flux on Mercenary #3.

Edited by Xinnidy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agni is having none of this!
Roll: 56,30 (58)
13 damage!
Merc #3 is canned!
Agni gains +34 EXP, +2 dark WEXP!
Agni levels up!
Level 8! +HP/SKL/SPD/RES

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ayane was about to rush forward to take out the thieves but a familiar voice came from behind her. "!" A voice she did not expect to hear so soon. She turned to it and saw her sister, half human and half...oh god she regretted not burning the body. The sight was enough to stagger Ayane, even moreso than she would be otherwise. "S.Suzume...so it's true..." She spoke in a shaky voice. How odd, she was ready to strike her down and bring her peace. But now that she's here all she wants to do is talk and try to forget. And so...

Ayane moves 2,13 and talks to Suzume

"Dear sister...you're alive again." She had approached, but not armed. She sheathed her blade. "Ouka recovered the body quite fast. But...what are you doing here?" It's like there wasn't a battle at all, she cut her focus off from the rest of the party and turned it all on Suzume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"What am I doing here? That's a silly question... I'm here to see you, of course. I met Ran earlier... I was so happy, he hadn't forgotten me. I'm, just so glad you both still care~" Her transformed half began to smile wide... As a steady stream of tears fell down the other. "Look, look, sister~ We... We can all, be a family again. You, Ren and I... If you come with me, I can show you just how wonderful this feels! Don't... Don't, you want to live with your sister again? Like we used to... Not a worry in the world." A hand outstretched, pale, white, magic coursing through it as lines of purple...something, began to gently swirl. 

"Come with me, Ayane. Ren, too. We'll be together once again..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ren easily disposed of the mercenary charging at him.  He took advantage of the initial confusion and brought down his yari to end the man's life.  A quick prayer was sent to the troubled soul, before Ren could focus on his cousin ad Taliyah.

It seemed everything was getting taken care of, and while he couldn't talk to the hero yet Ren was able to get a look at her from afar.  Although, he couldn't get a good look yet, maybe if he got a bit closer-

"Oh, darling cousin, sister... I've missed you, truly~"

He froze, sudden puffs of frosty smoke leaving his parted lips as he took a deep breath and placed his undivided attention at Suzume.  He watched Ayane, the only other person he could acknowledge at the moment, and mimicked her movements by putting his weapon away.  Suzume has not attacked them, so there was no reason to retaliate.

Plus, it was quite hard to raise a weapon at a dear family member with the intention to kill.

He let the sisters have their words, an as he watched Ren could notice that Suzume was...sad.  She was not happy, the tears were not happy.  Living and spending his time with his cousins has helped him to recognize their reactions, their movements and hidden meanings.

This was a cry for help.

"Suzume, you don't know how much I would love to join you.  For Ayane to join us and be together once more," he starts, raw emotion in his voice.  "But Ouka is not the way.  We can seek help, and be together once more.   That's what you want, what we want."  He paused, needing a moment.  "My dear Suzu..."

He smiles, that pure smile lacking any negative emotions, as tears well up in his eyes.  A smile only reserved for Ayane and Suzume.

"You are like a sister to me.  Please, reconsider; think about this.  I'm so glad you came with no ill intent, but I dont want this to be the last time we're able to talk like this," he finishes up, waiting for an answer as he prays that Suzume doesn't lash out at them.  He hopes that his words, while not enough to quickly change her mind, reaches her and settle in her mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While Gabriela was flying, she saw the same woman they met earlier in the bar talking to Ayane and Ren. Well, it wouldn't do to interrupt them, it's a family matter after all... So instead, it was time to blast some fools!

Gaby moves to 7,11 and attacks the Thief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"That's... That's, what I want. I know. It is, what I want... But I can't. I don't have, a choice anymore. I'm sorry, Ren." She kept crying, that one side of her, the rest still holding her hand out for Ayane to take, shaking slightly. "Please. Ayane, come with me. Ren, you, too. We can fix all of this, but only together. Only... Only, together...!" Something was taking hold of her, as she started to laugh, quietly, trembling. "Please!"

Meanwhile, Gabriela shines a light on the bad guys!
Roll: 75,6
A critical!
36 damage!
Down he goes!
+37 EXP, +4 light WEXP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Suzume..." She spoke with great concern, watching her sister break down. It's quite a painful sight, but one Ayane couldn't turn from. So she did something crazy and disarmed herself. She threw the sheathed Orochinagi onto the ground before them. "I...I am sorry sister, but I made a promise to these people. I wish to be with you with all my heart, but not...like this." She watched. "But I also won't fight you. I couldn't bear the pain of making you suffer, so I won't...I'm sorry Suzume, I love you too much."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A part of the girl was touched by the show, evident on her face... Most, of her face, as her pulled her hand back and onto her sword. Something... Stayed, her blade, as she turned away from her sister. "Then... Nnn... N-Next, time... We, will have to, f-fight." The struggle was clear, but there was no telling how much control Suzume truly had over herself. Enough to flee, as she slipped back into the trees, but not enough to pull herself away from Ouka's control... It would take more than sweet words and good intentions to save this soul.

Suzume flees!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He watches the scene unfold, eyes widening as Ayane completely throws Orochinagi down on the ground.  There was so much going through his mind, thoughts racing yet he stayed rooted in his spot as Suzume tried and failed to bring them to Ouka's side.

The witch will pay for what she's done.

As she started to laugh, he felt his heart clench.  Oh how he missed it when it wasn't warped by madness and manipulation...sadness... When she left, and was gone for good, he couldn't help but waver in his stance as he caught himself before falling.  The meeting took its toll, freezing pants leaving him as he bent and placed his hands on his knees for balance.  

The frozen air didn't cease until a moment after, now icy blue eyes looking back at his cousin.  Their was a cold hatred running through him, skin cold to the touch, frost building up around and under where his feet were placed...

"Soon...We will get h-her back soon, I promise," he called out to Ayane, as well as reassured himself of the promise he had made.  It was the only thing keeping him in check at the moment, the sudden Chill passing through him and ebbing away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taliyah was at a loss. Frozen in place, as a terrifying aura had approached the onis... Somehow they had managed to deal with her, but... That, was the same girl from the tavern, right? The same... She'd said, Suzume. Then, she seemed so normal, maybe a bit spaced out, but... But, this...!

"Uhm!" She finally spoke up, when danger was gone, glancing between Ren and Ayane. "I don't, r-really know what's going, o, o-on, but... We'll, uhm... I-I'll, help! I promise. Probably... If I, i-if I can..." It was some weak words, but she meant them, for whatever they were worth.

"Alright, legs... W-Work!" They still had stuff to do here, no point in hesitating further!

Taliyah moves to 5,14 and tries to shake herself back into action!

Roll1: 69(heh),88
17 damage!
He swings back!
Roll: 15,88
Ow!
Roll2: 33,98
17 again puts him down!
Taliyah gains +60 EXP, +6 axe WEXP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xalrei staggered back from her opponent. Not from the damage he'd dealt to her, but from the strain swinging Requiem around in an actual fight was putting on her. Before she could collect herself and finish what she'd started, Agni had taken it upon himself to swoop in take it for himself. Probably felt all self important for 'saving' her. "I didn't need your help." She growled out at him, eyeing up the significantly more armored ruffian than the one Agni had just slain. While the sword would likely protest, she returned it to her belt and took up her axe. Hearty as she was, Xalrei felt like she'd collapse if she kept letting Requiem take her energy. She wasn't going to eat dirt again in front of the snoble.

Xalrei to 11-6, activate High Voltage, iron axe Armor Thief #1.

Edited by Ursali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super speed lizard!
Roll1: 80,17
11 damage!
And a swing back!
Roll: 23,79
12 damage to her dome!
She didn't like that!
Roll2: 83,53
11 more damage!
Xalrei gains +10 EXP, +2 axe WEXP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I can handle myself," Marina plainly answered Lavinia, not meaning to just throw it out there so dismissively, but she wasn't sure she'd be able to handle keeping a positive mood around Lavinia. And soon, she even got words of warning from Agni. Why does it feel like I'm suddenly underestimated? This was a time for Marina to fight, she had to be strong enough for future, greater challenges.

Two of the swordsman attacked came in at her, the first, she was able to deflect, until he reared his sword directly into her face. The sting was excruciating, but she used it to fuel her into retaliation, striking down that same swordsman with a single swipe. The second soon followed after, and she spun to the side as he brought his sword down at her. Following, she threw a harsh, quick swipe, so strong that it threw back the swordsman as he fell into a collapse.

She prepared to rush at the cleric, but she was stopped by Agni's words again.

You've proven yourself.

What was that meant to mean? She wasn't trying to prove anything, she wanted this stupid fight to stop. Nothing more than an annoying moment of time where a bunch of fools were taking advantage of the weak... And that's truly why she was fighting. She was protecting these people the best she could, wasn't she? Or was this a selfish endeavor in order to continue sulking? Marina took a deep breath, as her gaze focused on the cleric.

In her head, she thought it'd still be better if she fought the cleric; light magic would hurt someone else far more than her... And as much as she hasn't done much to prove so, she would take responsibility in protecting her allies.

Marina moves to 12,9, and engages Cleric #1 with the Iron Sword!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...