Jump to content
SnakeMomMelissa

Hero, Don't Kill The Demon King! Chapter 1: Lives Not Yet Thrown Away

Recommended Posts

They were face to face with the horde now. Rotting flesh and bonewalking monstrosities were within reach, and Ayane's thirst for battle only grew. While she leaned more toward her katana she wanted to preserve the blade for as long as she could, as it was one of the few things she had left of her homeland (other than her beloved cousin nearby of course). So with that in mind she drew the iron blade she was given from her back and rushed toward the zombie with a battle cry. "Burn to ashes!" She swung out with gusto!

Ayane moves to 11, 2 and swings her Iron Blade upon Zombie 2.

Edited by TheRoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ayane charges in and swings hard!
Roll1: 3,32(26)
19 damage!
The zombie flails an arm back at her!
Roll: 19,99
10 damage!
Roll2: 3,63(1)
Astra activates!
9 damage!
Roll3: 10,44
9 more damage!
Roll4: 27,30
9 again!
The zombie is shredded!
Ayane gains +40 EXP, +9 sword WEXP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marina was mostly quiet, but nodding at Agni's point to push forward. Maybe he was right, and she was being too cautious, far too cautious. She reassessed the situation things moved about until a sudden comment; another confirmation of her overly-cautious approach from the smaller vampire. However, it wasn't the words that caught Marina, it was her tone. Honestly, it was... relieving to a degree. She honestly felt weirded out about how quickly people forgave her. This was... new-ish. She appreciated it.

As she was about to speak, she heard... Lavinia now, yelling to be sure to protect the vampire, who she referred to as Bridgit. Marina wasn't entirely sure why, until realizing because it was a request from Lavinia. This Bridgit was important to her (too), so Marina would abide. Besides, she didn't want Lavinia to get angry with her again.

So, a push-forward attack. Marina could work with that. These creatures weren't something she needed to regret fighting.

"Miss Bridgit, yes? You're both right, I'm just being... worried." She nodded, she wasn't sure how to necessarily act around this new face, "I'm sure we'll be fine. We just need to at least practice tiny bits of caution, at least, that's all I'll ask for." That skeleton with the bow... that's the first target today. Ayane made a good opening, time to use it.

Marina moves to 12,2 and Steel Swords the Spooky Scary (Bow) Skeleton!


It seems a 'turtling' was not what was happening. A fine plan for Taiyute. Any chance for her to blow away something felt exhilarating at the moment. Channeling her magic, she got herself into position.

"Fallen, yes?" She called out to the individual next to her. "That one..." She looked it's direction. "Would you finish if I am not capable of destroying?" She had asked, as she shot a blade of wind at the zombie.

Taiyute moves to 10,3 and Winds Zombie 4!

Edited by Silver Gallade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marina dices it nice and good!
Roll: 66,2
48 damage!
Marina gains +46 EXP, +2 sword WEXP

Taiyute blasts air!
Roll1: 99,72
11 damage!
Roll2: 46,25
11 more damage!
Taiyute gains +11 EXP, +2 anima WEXP!

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What had even gone through Marina's body? She took so much advantage of her opening, it was... almost terrifying. Ayane had taken a knee after finishing her attacks. Marina had pressed onto Ayane's back, doing a full hop over Ayane's body and continued her attack. Suddenly, there was some flourish as well, Marina taking a full spin building up momentum and finally pressing her sword forward.

Taking notice, it seemed the skeleton did try fighting back, but couldn't go through with it in time, as her sword went straight through the bow aimed in her direction, and pressed through the center of the skeleton's ribcage.

With a strong yank, she ripped out a chunk of what remained of it's ribs, and her opponent fell into just a pile of bones. Marina herself had to double take, shaking her head back into focus. How did she do all of that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bladen had been ready to charge in, attack the first enemy he could, try to do anything he could to put a dent in the horde that they faced. And then a voice. Their newest member requesting help. And it was just enough to make him pause. To think. To remember. His father's lessons, to never rush in battle. To always stay focused. And Asami's words from the previous night. His emotions controlled his magic, and if he couldn't control them, his magic would control him. A breath. Then a second.

"I'm right behind you." That was all he needed to say. He moved with her, ready to follow up if her attack failed to destroy. And fail it did, but not before leaving the zombie tattered and on the edge of falling. All that was needed was a careful strike...

13-3, stab zombie 4, totally don't pretend it's actually Jade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He stabs! Definitely not anyone whose name rhymes with Laid!
Roll1: 81,66(69) nice
13 damage!
The zombie swings back! Still totally not anyone close to Raid!
Roll: 43,51
8 damage!
Bladen goes for the kill!
Roll2: 25,36(32)
13 again!
Down it goes!
Bladen gains +40 EXP, +3 sword WEXP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bridgit, instead of answering Marina, she gave her a quick side glance to acknowledge at least that she heard, before quickly flying towards her first target: a zombie.

This Bridgit moves to 10,2 and raises her parasol towards the sky, before smiting down the zombie with an influx of Shade.

She turned to look at Marina once more after she was also done with her own little stunts.  "You don't have to worry about us girl," she replied, suspicion in her tone as she addressed the other.  "We are quite capable of bringing down vermin.  Hmph, only our dear sister has the right to worry about us; don't think we're grateful," she said, making it clear to Marina that she wasn't here for her, nor this little quest.

Her reasons were selfish, she won't deny that, and if it meant helping this group Lavinia had rounded up then there's not much she could do about it.

 

Edited by sweet podado

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nessraya blasts flesh to bits!
Roll1: 5,42
Roll2: 98,42
Destroyed!
Nessraya gains +5 exp!

Asami moves to 8,1 and dances her!
"Good show, Nessy~ Do it again, would you?"
+15 exp!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Hmph... gladly, Asami. We need to clear these hordes out before we're overrun and overwhelmed..." Nessraya muttered, the stench of rotten flesh also burning far from pleasant, turning her head away from the now smoldering zombie remains. Time to take aim at one of the big lads... summoning a small flurry of arcane arrows, the General loosed them at the skeleton. Hopefully if it didn't crumble on impact, someone else could dispatch it.

Nessraya moves to 11,1 and smacks Wight 1 with Black Arrow

Edited by Ether

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Then clear them away, darling~ I have full faith in your magic, if nothing else."

Nessraya casts magical arrows to pierce the deadly bones!
7 MP
Roll: 5,69
36 damage!
Nessraya gains +10 exp!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unlike Bridgit though, Ren had to take a moment to just stare in awe at the sudden skill Marina showed against these monsters.  Still, with his own foe charging at him, he focused back on the foul creature as he went to attack.

Switches to the Yari as he moves to 12,1 and stabs towards the wight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sssssssstabbin'
Roll: 71,24(4)
Rendin' Heaven!
16 damage to the pile of bones!
Its armor is pierced, its frame compromised!
Ren gains +84 EXP, +2 lance WEXP!
Ren levels!
74    97    24    25    47    15    32    19
+Mag/Skl/Spd/Lck/Res!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The dogs were almost cute, and if the situation had been different, Jade's reaction surely would have been too. "Another time, another place," she uttered softly, shaking off the one who had ineffectually been biting her hand, before pivoting and firing her gun at another that had tried slinking around the group's flank to strike at the less defensive members of the party. It was a shame not to push through them and continue forward, but there was a little too much chaos for trying something like that right now.

Jade 2,5 pistol dog 4, canto back to 1,5

Edited by Balcerzak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bang! And the dog is gone.
Roll: 58,40
14 damage!
Jade gains +11 EXP, +1 gun WEXP!
Jade levels!
38    75    42    39    11    43    1    78
+Hp/Skl/Def

"I-I'll get it!
Tali sneaks out from behind jade's wagon, and swings away!
Roll: 38,91
13 damage!
"S-Sorry, poor wolfy..."
Taliyah gains +40 EXP, +4 axe WEXP!

"Fancy taking one as a pet, Taliyah?"
Lavinia arms up and shoots the nearest wolf!
Roll: 1,76(30)
20 damage!
Lavinia gains +10 EXP, +1 bow WEXP!

"No! ... ... M-Maybe... I don't like, killing animals, but, I... Well, it's, us or them r-right now..."

"Unfortunately, Taliyah. Perhaps another time, were they less affected by the magicks in the area." The wolves either belonged to whoever was starting this mess, or the heavy cloud of magic in the air was driving them feral.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Goodness... it seems the threat is thicker on the other ways... I wonder then, what lies here." Agni shook his head. There was no time to ponder, with these woods stretching out as a creepy maze --the mist doing no favors. "Make sure you don't charge ahead, Xalrei. I shouldn't need to explain why that is ill-advised."

Agni moves to (9,8), blasting bow skeleton #2 with another spell of Flux.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bones meet miasma, and lose!
Roll: 99,25(33)
Miss?
Roll2: 60,51(9)
A very angry Ignis!
15 damage!
Agni gains +34 EXP, +3 dark WEXP!
Agni reaches C rank dark!

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xalrei had been moving to finish the weakened skeleton off herself, perhaps partly because Agni had done the same last night, but alas, Agni was too quick with his follow up. With nothing to target, she slowed her run to a walk, then stopped near the human. "I can take care of myself," she said with a huff, quickly dismissing his advice. "And if I did need any sort of help, you're the last person I'd take it from." 

Xalrei to 8,7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xalrei gives Agni the SASS!
+1 hate fuck EXP

Enemy Phase/Turn 2!

Wolf #1 bites at Taliyah!
67,11
A miss!
Tali swings back!
70,50
A close hit!
15 damage, down goes the wolf!
Taliyah gains +40 EXP, +2 axe WEXP!
Taliyah levels!
46    62    57    11    29    11    90    3
+Hp/Skl/Spd/Lck/Res!

Wolf #5 tries the same!
73,31
Miss!
Tali swings back anew!
55,15
Once more, donk!
14 damage!
Tali gains +11 EXP, +1 axe WEXP!

Wolf #2 continues to ineffectively chew on Jade's hand!
71,20
0 damage, grrrr
She fires back!
16,79
And the dog is gone.
+34 EXP, +2 gun WEXP!

Wolf #3 continues the blockade!
29,5
Nnnnnnnothin'~
Another bullet for the pack!
26,12
Domed good.
Jade gains +34 EXP, +2 gun WEXP!

Zombie #5 retreats to the nearby foliage and swings at Bladen!
17,13
12 damage to the bird!
He swings back!
73,34(86/24)
13 damage!
Again!
26,32(94/93)
13 again!
Bladen gains +11 EXP, +2 sword WEXP!
Bladen levels!
52    91    54    6    36    86    63    5
+Skl/Spd/Res!

The rest of the horde begins to move...

Player Phase/Turn 3!

Lavinia's Renewal activates! +5 HP!
And suddenly... A fairy flies into the fray!
Sollowy lands on 4,3

Ax0xs9o.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"..." How was Marina gonna reply to that response? It was apparent... no, apparent was an understatement, that she cared nothing for Marina. That was fine, honestly, but the fact of the matter was that was Bridgit was here, part of their group. Much like everyone else, Bridgit became Marina's responsibility. She didn't need to be told by Lavinia to look after her. A deep breath; it was time for Marina to put her foot down.

"Well, you should get used to it then," She replied. "If you're here for Lavinia, that's fine. But as long as you're here, you're my responsibility. Like everyone else here." It was up to Bridgit whether or not she cared, but Marina's voice carried no doubts, no hesitation whatsoever.


The Fallen had slayed their foe. Good, she knew he was a strong, capable individual. Much like the rest of this group. She even caught the end parts of Marina's little stunt against one of the skeletons. Maybe this was a good idea after all.

She eyed the final zombie. It was time to remove it from their path. She readied a spell, and fired.

Taiyute moves to 13,2, yeeting a blade of wind at zombie 5!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new girl seemed to be a solid fighter. Bladen made a mental note to talk to her after the fight, wanting to know more about her. She knew he was a Fallen but he couldn't place her species... Perhaps he should have paid more attention to his lessons growing up.

Edited by scorri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She didn't spare her full attention, the Pureblood simply giving her a side glance in acknowledgement for her words she was...spewing.

"You have the gal to assume we need your protection?  Umu, this Bridgit may be under your responsibility now, but that doesn't mean we have to accept your pathetic excuse of a paltry alliance."  Flipping back one of her twintails, her crimson gaze narrowed at another zombie as she raised her hand this time to deal with this annoying foe.

We move to 12,3 and use Shade on this foe.

"Who even are you to ask this of us?  You look nothing more than a human with some parlor tricks up their sleeve."


Ren takes this time to move to 17,1 and apply a vulnerary.  Gives the Pureblood newcomer a cold look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...