Jump to content
SnakeMomMelissa

Hero, Don't Kill The Demon King! Chapter 1: Lives Not Yet Thrown Away

Recommended Posts

The battle seemed to be coming close to it's climax, but Ayane's blood still craved combat. So when the nearest ghoul reared it's unlucky head the oni princess took her iron blade out and lunged out at the monster with a great desire to behead it!

Ayane brandishes her Iron Blade, moves toward 22-10 and swings out at Ghoul number 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ayane charges and swings!
Roll1: 22,92(89)
The ghoul tries to find its claws a mark!
Roll: 94,47
Not today!
Ayane swings again!
Roll2: 76,21(10)
Astra!
Roll3: 96,89
10 damage!
Roll4: 25,34
10 damage!
Roll5: 96,71
10 damage!
The ghoul is felled!
Ayane gains +74 EXP, +12 sword WEXP!

"Wahhhh! Big dog!"
Taliyah runs from the dog to 16,11!
"Xalrei! Uh, give this to s-someone that can use it!"
Trades her the blessed sword!

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taliyah's plea went unheard, Xalrei too focused on the enemy in front of her. This god damned spider just would not die! No matter how much she pierced it's grotesque hide, it seemed almost to just heal it off. Not that it was really fighting back, however, Requiem was sure taking a toll on her. Was her approach wrong? Did she have to chop off it's legs for it to finally croak? She was mad enough to try. 

Xal to 18-12, iron axe spider.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xalrei swings for spider legs
Roll1: 5,57
3 damage
It pokes back at her
Roll: 70,88
The dragon is unscathed
once more
Roll2: 96,79
3 more damage
the spider is barely hanging on
Xalrei gains +11 EXP, +2 axe WEXP

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gabriela dropped Agni, and then waved goodbye. She was needed elsewhere.

''You do your best work here, and i'll do mine where they need me. I trust you'll be fine on your own.''

Gabby moves to 22-8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Would it kill for you to leave some for the rest of us dear cousin?" Ren calls out jokingly, watching with reserved fascination as Ayane downs one of the remaining zombies.  Not wanting to be shown up, her cousin grips the tome in his hand as he directs thunder at one of the eye monsters.  "You don't happen to be taking any more passengers miss?" he then casually calls out, noticing Gabriela during his attack and giving her a teasing smile.

Moves to 19,12 and Thundercats the eye!

Edited by sweet podado

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ZAP!
Roll: 42,24(59)
Spider fried!
Ren gains +44 EXP, +2 anima WEXP!
Ren levels!
Level 10
79    78    19    17    98    18    29    90
+Mag/Skl/Lck/Def

The spider drops a bracer!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things were going as well as they could with the wraith still being alive and having minions to control. Granted, they were powerful minions but there were only a few of them. Well, even less now after that horned woman cut that ghoul to pieces. If they could eliminate the rest of them the dragon would be easy enough to avoid for the moment, the shambling corpse wasn't the most mobile of creatures...

Sol to 24-11, shoot beholder 2 with bow of Yggdrasil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I appreciate the initiative, however... in this instance, it was unnecessary." Nessraya noted coyly as she floated past Taiyute, retrieving her tome from the genasi. Holding her hand towards the zombified dragon, within moments the re-animated corpse had been entirely frozen under the force of the General's magic, body shattering to nothing with a bit of added agitation. They had done a number on it before she had stepped in, but really... they should have been leaving such things to her, instead of endangering themselves were it to prove more agile than it had appeared. With things clearing out, there was only a bit left to do. Channeling her energy towards one of the floating eyes nearby, Nessraya loosed a pair of thunderbolts in it's direction, hoping to remove it before it could get close enough to retaliate.

Nessraya zaps Beholder 4 with DUNDAHBOHL

With another problem dealt with... the field was clearing. There was still the remaining dragon, but they had proven that they were capable of dealing with the first... perhaps this could be ended prematurely...?

"You, summoner! I don't know why you are raising the dead, but it's over!Cease this at once! Whatever your aim is, it will not serve anything if you persist and die over it. I would rather not have need to perform the deed, either."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sollowy fires off a powerful magical arrow!
Roll: 62,97
A hit!
13 damage!
The beholder blasts magic back at her!
Roll: 55,35
Devastating!
Sollowy takes 20 damage!
Sollowy gains +15 EXP, +1 bow WEXP!
Sollowy levels!
Level 9
16    66    81    59    95    80    57    31
+HP/Res!
Sollowy learns Physic!

Marina shakes off the damage and slices her way in!
Roll: 62,63
Down the eyeball falls!
Marina gains +96 EXP, 2 sword WEXP!
Marina levels!
Level 12
20    9    1    52    71    100    53    2
+HP/Str/Res!
The beholder drops a ring!

Nessraya ZAPS an eyeball!
Roll1: 85,10
CRASH!
The eyeball is DUSTED!
Nessraya gains +49 EXP!
It drops a ring!

"You... I, do not know, yoUUU!" Morwen's response was not positive, channeling a further spell! "More... Souls, from beYOnD, I need... Them... Jade... Jaaaaade! You were not finiiiiiished! WHyyyy! Why am I the OnE To paSS oN FirSt!?"

Morwen responds poorly! She begins summoning more enemies!

 

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Jade? What...?" Nessraya clicked her tongue in annoyance as the wraith, well... clearly wasn't willing to be reasoned with. Could that be their Jade? Where... was Jade? She had split off to another flank early in the fighting, and... well, she certainly wasn't anywhere within Nessraya's field of vision. Her and a few others... hopefully they were alright, but worrying about them would have to wait until the problems in front of them were dealt with. Unfortunately that meant Jade couldn't confirm or deny any association with their troublesome wraith.

"Well... perhaps if we can take her alive, Jade might know something about you... a shame it needs come to that."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was an odd feeling running through Marina's body. When she struck down the Beholder, there was... some new feeling. It was weird. She didn't know how to feel, but...

And then there was less time to think on that as she heard the wraith yell, calling for Jade. Jade? She was with them. Maybe they... "H-Hey!"


"Miss Marina. With the dragon, we must keep back. Please practice calmness and care, yes?" Taiyute spoke as she pulled Marina towards her, "Your life matters much, so much, I do not carry enough words to speak." She nodded at Marina, she saw how she was struck by the behemoth before. Then she looked to Bridgit,

"And miss Bridgit, yes? Apologies, I understand your grievances, but we must keep her safe." The woman soon called out to the young vampire, with a tone of regret she had to go to Bridgit with something regarding the young hero.

Taiyute moves to 23,10, rescues Marina.

Once Bridgit was brought up, Marina saw where Taiyute was looked, and simply looked away from there. She said not to speak or even look at her. If it kept Bridgit from complaining, she would comply as much as she hated it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jade hadn't expected that last bullet to have finished the job. Not based on the effect her previous two had. Not that she was complaining, mind! Just... Lavinia's arrow must have put in some real work there. Either way, the zombie drake wouldn't be threatening them any further.

Ejecting the spent casing, the merchant briefly considered loading another. But, aside from the dog that had run off, this neck of the woods had seemed almost tranquil. If she didn't need to fire it, there was no point in carrying it loaded. That sort of thing just invites accidents.

Jade slung the rifle over her shoulder instead, and swung down from her steed. And then she ran off (well, insomuch as zombies can actually run)... straight toward Lavinia. Wrapping her arms around her waist, the zombie looked up at the much taller woman and exclaimed, "Your shot was amazing! I knew we could do it, with how slow and lumbering it was, but I thought it'd take a good deal longer."

Then, the excitement having vented itself, she released her hold and stepped back a bit. "You are worrying too much," the zombie began, establishing the groundline. "If I had run into anything I couldn't handle, I certainly would have come back. That dragon wasn't there earlier, please believe me. But..." Jade paused and looked a little to the side. "I can afford to be more mindful, going forward."

Stepping toward the vampire again, turning as she did, a slight rotation to bring them side-by-side, Jade grabbed Lavinia's left hand in her right, and linked their fingers. "We can finish exploring the rest of this together, at the same pace. DV won't mind, she'll follow along without complaint. Won't you girl?" The zombie called back to her nightmare with a smile. Deep Vermillion merely snorted a little, not even kicking lightly at the ground or anything.

Edited by Balcerzak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sauce is yoinked!


"Hey, uh... Asami. We should give 'em some, time along, yeah? Seems like all the monsters round here are dead." Aithlin wasn't exactly asking, grabbing the Kitsune by the arm and dragging her along.

"Heyyyyy, I can waaaaaalk~" Asami sighed and yawned, all this action had been too much for her. A tired fox...

Aithlin and Asami heck off!

"Uh, J-Jade..." Lavinia had expected the zombie to be quite upset with her over worrying, yet she was met with affection and chiding. And more affection... It was almost enough to forget they were on a battlefield, hiding her face behind a gauntlet and looking away, almost about to pull away before her other hand was snatched. "Look, you... Ugh..." How embarrassing. "Yes, I... I am worrying too much. You're not an idiot. I, simply... You already know why I am so worried. I shall work on it... As much as I can." He'd been snatched away from her when she was away, unable to help. Having Jade go off and meet the same fate would crush her. She couldn't play at romance twice, to have them end the same.

Now seeing that it would be quite rude to remove herself from Jade's side, hands entwined and horse giving them permission, Lavinia gave in, sighing again. "Alright. T-Together..." All that gusto about biting her from before, gone with the pressing of so few buttons. "Let's, make sure we've cleared them all out, then. Jade."

Lavinia moves to 13,20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bridgit was a bit addled by the sudden movements and chaos that came from battlefields, almost missing the genasis' words before looking over at her.  "Hm?  Oh-" before she could even say anything her words crumble at the sight of Marina.  The taste of ash overpowers her tongue, clicking it bitterly as she solely focuses on Taiyute.

"Umu, this Bridgit will do as told," she replies icily, more so at the action than at the other.  "Thank you for the warning," and with that she floats to her next target, not even asking as she picks up the girl bridal style.  Repulsion can be felt and seen even when holding a neutral look, and once she arrives at said destination she unceremoniously drops Marina onto the ground with a huff and a flip of one of her twin tails.

Without another word she removes herself from the premises, a little ways from where she dropped Marina.

Hoping thing can finish soon, Bridgit drops (literally but from a short distance) at 21-10, before moving herself towards 22-10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thud of Marina's body hitting the ground was a lot more audible than when she was thrown against the wall. Given the circumstances, this was probably the best way Bridgit could've handled her. Admittedly, she still felt dazed when attempting to get up, her head was still hurting enough for even the simplest movement to feel difficult. She hoped she wouldn't get taken down by something like that again.

Taiyute looked to Bridgit and gave a nod, "Thank you, miss Bridgit," she simply spoke as she approached the hero, seeing she was struggling off the ground. The genasi offered a hand, "Come, fighting is almost finished yes?"

Marina took hold of Taiyute's hand and she was whisked off the ground. Still not in the best shape to have been so roughly handled, but she didn't complain as she got back into focus, "Y-yeah... We need to just get through this,"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Ah..." Getting ferried on a siren's back was definitely not Agni's idea of a comfortable flight. He landed on the ground safely, adjusting his doublet. "Thank you... Gabriela." Agni could only nod as thanks, watching her go.

It wasn't his idea of comfort flight, but he didn't want to say it.

Regardless, there was a pressing matter at hand.

Agni deftly unlocks the door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jade giggled a bit at Lavinia acting so bashful. She'd have expected the more assertive mood to continue, but it had toppled almost immediately as the zombie had hugged her. That was going in her mental notebook. "It's fine if you can't manage right away. At least you're willing to try. And I... I will try too, for my part."

Jade to 13,19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enemy Phase/Turn 12!

"Stand strong! I am... Nearly done!"

The dragons holds in front of Morwen!

The dog charges after... Xalrei!?

Player Phase/Turn 13!

"Hmmm..." Lavinia had managed to compose herself, looking into the clearing in front of them... No monsters, but something shimmering caught her eye. "Jade, what's that?" A... Piece of metal? Sticking out of the ground..."

Perhaps Jade should check 15,19!

KxFTJPS.png

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gabriela couldn't help but giggle at Ren's comment. ''Hmm, perhaps. You should meet me later, then we'll discuss the possibility.''

Having said that, Gabriela flies over to 23-12 and Shines a light on the dracozombie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Hah..." Agni finished picking the old ruin doors to find a curious room, with one chest open and one still locked. Had someone been here before?

It was a shame that there was no time to spare. With monsters around, Agni made a move to open the chest's lock with posthaste.

Agni to (18,8), open chest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gabriela splashes the dragon with some magic!
Roll1: 80,92(38)
Roll2: 83,56(28)
20 damage!
Gabriela gains +15 EXP, +4 light WEXP!

Agni opens the chest to find... A Lion shield!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Oh! Hmm, yeah, lemme take a look!" Jade had missed whatever Lavinia had spotted until it had been pointed out to her. ...No, it wasn't because she'd been stealing glances at the vampire as they pushed through the trees. Well, not entirely, anyway. But now that her attention had been directed toward the center of the clearing, there definitely was--if not a bright glint, a dull gleam, coming from an object half-buried by the grass.

The zombie approached, then first bent over for a closer look. Confirming her suspicions though, she squatted down close to the ground and began clawing at the dirt to liberate the rusted metal object. It'd have been better if she'd brought a spade, but like so many other things, if she had one it was back at the wagon, so strong, undead hands would just have to do.

Jade 15,19!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...