Super Mario Maker 2 Thread

Randoman

I managed to upload a 56th course in SMM2. This one is a course related to The Game Awards 2019 because I did seen alot of Nintendo fans weren't happy without a single 1st Party content announced and I made the course so that Mario can fix the event so that Nintendo fans will enjoy it.

Mario fixes The Game Awards 2019 ID: 0BV-V43-MLF

Edit from Jan. 1st, 2020: I managed to upload a New Year Course (it's still New Year's Day). This is the 57th course.

New Year Spike Ball Fireworks ID: SQQ-SLD-NRF

Edit from Jan. 2nd, 2020: I managed to upload a 58th course in SMM2. It's a One Screen course.

One Screen Obstacle Traps ID: BMN-JKL-2QF

Edit from Jan. 3rd, 2020: I managed to upload a 59th course in SMM2. It's an One Screen Room when you enter from the door.

The Survival Room ID: L91-SS6-F9G

Edit from Jan. 10th, 2020: I managed to upload a 60th course in SMM2.

Two Screens Pink Coins Finding 7 ID: 23S-329-WCG

Edit from Jan. 11th, 2020: I managed to upload a 61st course in SMM2.

Find a way to beat Time! 7 ID: 2Y3-288-J2G

Edit from Jan. 18th, 2020: I managed to upload three more courses in SMM2. It's a total of 64 as of right now.

Mushroom Kingdom Bombing 2 ID: 3R8-LS1-MXG
Claw Castle Sky 4 ID: TD1-DXG-3JG
The Dark Rooms 2 ID: 31Y-D51-GVF

Edited by King Marth 64
6th Update

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have started the game yesterday because I like creating Super Mario World Castle stages. I have a question though:

Is is possible to create moving enemies like the spinning wheel from Forest Illusion Fortress and Chocolate Mountain Castle

As far as I saw they are only stationary. 

@Stroud

Since I can't post this on Stroud's feed, I'll post it here: congratulations on reaching a 100 win streak in Super Expert!! That's quite the insane accomplishment.

I've only been able to get a win streak of 3 before getting a Game Over. Though then again, I've mostly been focusing on getting Gold Medals in the World Records and First Clears department. And even the Gold Medal goals have been put on hiatus as well, once the Course Upload limit was bumped up to 100. Now I'm focusing on getting 100 quality courses made and uploaded (I've currently got 97 courses uploaded as of this post), so they can get maximum exposure and likes before Super Mario Maker 2's popularity and online activity wane too much over time.

Anyways, you really got to share your Super Expert mode tips with us. I may not be skilled enough to make it to a 100 win streak, but I at least want to make it to a 10 win streak since I feel like I can at least accomplish that with a proper strategy.

18 hours ago, Rosalina said:

I just have started the game yesterday because I like creating Super Mario World Castle stages. I have a question though:

Is is possible to create moving enemies like the spinning wheel from Forest Illusion Fortress and Chocolate Mountain Castle

As far as I saw they are only stationary. 

To answer your question, I've played a Forest Fortress remake in Super Mario Maker 2 that utilized tracks, question mark blocks, and Fire Piranha Plants to replicate the Reznor boss fight, so I guess that's a yes? I generally find that if you want to alter the movement of enemies, you can resort to strategies such as putting enemies on tracks (to make them move exactly how you want them to), putting stationary enemies on moving enemies (such as putting Fire Piranha Plants on Goombas, Boos, Monty Moles, or Lakitu's Clouds to make them move like the enemy they're mounted on), or putting them on Munchers or Rocky Wrenches (to make them stay put).

I hope that answers your question adequately.

15 hours ago, Randoman said:

Since I can't post this on Stroud's feed, I'll post it here: congratulations on reaching a 100 win streak in Super Expert!! That's quite the insane accomplishment.

I've only been able to get a win streak of 3 before getting a Game Over. Though then again, I've mostly been focusing on getting Gold Medals in the World Records and First Clears department. And even the Gold Medal goals have been put on hiatus as well, once the Course Upload limit was bumped up to 100. Now I'm focusing on getting 100 quality courses made and uploaded (I've currently got 97 courses uploaded as of this post), so they can get maximum exposure and likes before Super Mario Maker 2's popularity and online activity wane too much over time.

Anyways, you really got to share your Super Expert mode tips with us. I may not be skilled enough to make it to a 100 win streak, but I at least want to make it to a 10 win streak since I feel like I can at least accomplish that with a proper strategy.

Thx, that is really something I cannot believe I archived. And it took quite some time. I even had one run which was broken after 91 Level which made me really salty. Maybe also the worst thing I could have done in the game. xD But its possible.

My advice is.. Patience. Patience means a lot you have to skip a lot of stages. It took me around an hour for 4-5 Levels, if you want to archive 10 levels you can be more wasteful. But still have to be careful. Sometimes it took me over 50 skips for 1 level.

1.As a rule of thumb: (Skiplist).
-DGR, Ryu, Dashy, Poo, Carl Levels. 
-Speedrun, Kaizo, Trolllevels.
-Desert Levels (Night), Dark Levels, Dark Water Levels.
-Thwomp levels have to be skipped because they are kind of unpredictable with parachute or no parachute.

2.Every opportunity to getting one ups yourself. (Red Pipe, 1 Up trick in SMB with the shell jump, Jumping on Cannons, this can also be combined with Walljumps)

3. And my personal thing was to get a feeling for level names. Some Level names are really kind of Troll. Like "my first Level" for example. Most of the time its not a good sign.

4. Pause a lot. At the beginning on the level always press start. You don't know if there is a trap. If you are close to death press quit instead of making a skip. Also inside the level fear not to press pause a lot in case you sense danger or it gets hectic and think about if you can take the next step. Remember that you can only quit the level when you are in ground or water. 

5. Don't test jumps where you don't see where you have to land.

6. Look at the playrate. This one is not always reliable. But if you see that there is a level which has been played by 1-5 Players its likely that just the players have been not soo good and the level can be actually easy. But its not always the case. Also if there is no clear its also actually a good sign. If 3 players played it with no clear. There is the chance that it just have been 3-10 attempts. But if it is cleared with 3 players one of them had to try it maybe 50-100 times for it to be in super Expert. Which may not be a good sign for the level.

Edited by Stroud

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to upload a 65th course in SMM2. It's a remix of World 1-1 Course from Super Mario Bros., but it has Earthquakes.

World 1-1 Earthquake Remix (Super Mario Bros.) ID: 39F-GCT-BXG

By the way, I'm making a course called Yoshi's HomeIsland Buffet that have Yoshi eat a lot of food. I still need sometime finishing it up making the course.

Edit from Feb. 27th: I managed to upload a 66th course in SMM2. It's a fourth course in The Two Screens Challenge series.

The Two Screens Challenge 4 ID: 0RY-B9J-JMF

Edit from Feb. 28th: I managed to upload a 67th course in SMM2. It's a fourth course in The Auto Castle series.

The Auto Castle 4 ID: 0RC-F3D-7WG

Edit from Mar. 3rd: I managed to upload a 68th course in SMM2. It's a second course in Cat Book Crawling series.

Cat Book Crawling 2 ID: N7N-DCR-WSG

Edit from Mar. 8th: I managed to finished up making the Yoshi's Homeisland Buffet course and it's now uploaded as a 69th course.

Yoshi's Homeisland Buffet ID: JPD-V2Y-8GF

Edit from March 14th: I managed to upload a 70th course. This course is related to Dr. Mario and needs to sanitize all the Coronavirus that infected the Mushroom Kingdom.

Dr. Mario wipes out Coronavirus ID: 2D5-YCK-WCG

Edit from March 17th: I managed to upload two more courses counted as 72. The 71st is an one screen room that you have to use the Thwomps to smash all the Galoombas. And the 72nd is an another Coronavirus related course that Bowser had stolen 240 toilet papers from Toadco and you have to retrieve them back to the store.

Thwomps Smash Galoombas Castle ID: JFX-QWT-XRF
Bowser Stolen 240 Toilet Papers ID: QS6-WNJ-0RG

Edit from March 28th: I managed to upload a 73rd and 74th course in SMM2, you have to use the On/Off Switch to blow up all the Bob-ombs before one of the reaches the block that a Muncher on top of the P-Switch and the other one is a sequel course to the first P-Switches dash course.

Bob-omb Switch Killer ID: H4S-4VN-6JG
P-Switches Dash 2 ID: FCS-J59-SBG

Edit from April 12th: I managed to upload three more courses as a total of 77 courses. The first one is a 5th course to the Survival Dash through Thwomps series and the other two are new courses.

Survival Dash through Thwomps 5 ID: RL7-9GD-DXF
Easter Yoshi Egg Hunt ID: Y9T-KS5-BQF
Lava Bubble Melt Dash ID: 19B-JK7-LXF

Edit from April 19th: I managed to upload two more courses as a total of 79 courses. The first one is a remix course of World 1-1 from Super Mario Bros. styled as a Quarantine type course that made Bowser's goons are home for Quarantine, so the Coronaviruses are taking over World 1-1 and the other one is a second The Survival Room that is less difficult than the first one.

World 1-1 Quarantine Remix (Super Mario Bros.) ID: 447-S8P-KBG
The Survival Room 2 ID: DG0-30K-4RG

Edit from April 19th: I managed to upload three more courses as a total of 82 courses and created a Super World map from the new 3.0 update. I managed to use some of the content from the 3.0 update such as SMB2 Mushroom, Koopalings, Mechakoopas, Frog Suit, and Power Balloon.

Koopalings' Spike Airship ID: XST-MGP-DWF
The Auto Castle 5 ID: D87-VWG-MJF
Frog Suit Swimming Adventure ID: 063-YSW-J5G

My Super World map is the same one from the Proflie ID: JDD-BYN-9RF

Edit from May 4th: I managed to upload three more courses as a total of 85 courses. I managed to use another content from the 3.0 update such as the new Masks, Super Acorn, and Cursed Key.

Mario: Masters of Disguise ID: WTV-CJ7-PYG
Super Acorn Gliding with Style ID: 5S5-NPW-TTG
Find a way to beat Time! 8 ID: RTM-5KG-4LF

Edit from May 10th: I managed to upload two more courses as a total of 87 courses. The two of them are sequel courses with the content from the 3.0 update.

Dash Block run through P-Blocks 2 ID: TB1-208-W4G
Two Screens Pink Coins Finding 8 ID: BJG-F46-M6G

Edit from May 19th: I managed to upload three more courses as a total of 90 courses. I have about 10 empty slots left before finishing up completing 100 of them.

Race against Bowser 3 ID: QG2-M37-JYG
The Skewer Castle 2 ID: 0P3-HHD-BWG
Don't let Thwomp hit P-Switches 3 ID: D9S-N03-8XF

Edit from June 3rd: I managed to upload 3 more courses that makes it a total of 93 courses as of right now. I have about 7 Course Upload Slots left in SMM2 and I'm still planning on finishing up the big ones that I was working on.

James Clark's Adventure Mobile App ID: QGL-P6S-14G
Claw Castle Sky 5 ID: LGR-7QG-BYF
Shoot the POW Blocks 3 ID: R49-1P0-BDG

Edit from June 22nd: I managed to upload 4 more courses that makes it a total of 97 courses as of right now. I have about 3 Course Upload Slots left in SMM2.

Round 1-1 (Bonk's Adventure NES) ID: W84-SJ3-L4G
Stage 1 (Ghouls 'n' Ghosts) ID: YYL-L48-VHG
DarkJake13's Chaos Tower Mobile App ID: 0NY-V6H-6JF
Survival Dash through Thwomps 6 ID: 2RL-S25-KYF

Edit from June 28th: I managed to upload a 98th course in SMM2. It's a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate related theme that has a Classic Mode style that it's a route for Mike Jones from StarTropics if he joins in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as a DLC Fighter.

Mike for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate ID: G7Y-PK0-TTF

Edit from July 4th: I managed to upload a 99th course and it's kinda a late 4th of July course and this is a food related theme course based off from Winchell's Donut House. Mario is going to Winchell's Donut House.

Mario at Winchell's Donut House ID: GW9-S4C-NRF

Edit from July 26th: I managed to upload the final 100th course in SMM2. I have no more upload slots in SMM2. It's the same TurboGrafx-16 course that I was working on, but I had to reduce it to 3 stages from the 3 TurboGrafx-16 games. The 1st part is Zone 1 from The Legendary Axe, 2nd part is Stage 1 from Cadash, but I had to shrink it due to too much stuff going on in the entire course, and last part was Stage 6 from Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, but I had to make it as one boss battle which is Shaft instead of 4 because I have no idea how to get it cooperate the other bosses showing up.

TurboGrafx-16 (3 Games) ID: C7S-N4R-LGG

Edited by King Marth 64
18th and Last Update