Is my Conquest Lunatic Run Salvageable?

Deenward

I was so excited when I beat chapter 26. Then, Endgame came along...

Looking at some other discussion threads, I'm kinda worried I've soft-locked myself as far as a no-grind run is concerned. If I'm gonna have to grind, I don't think I'd do that, just because it's not what I want from this run. I feel like I'd rather start over than grind or reduce the difficulty just to wrap this up. I don't have any silence staves, I have only 1 rescue stave, and Camillla, Corrin, Xander, and Effie are my only really strong units capable of tanking anything in Endgame. I do have 3 entrap uses and freeze staves left over, however, but only 1 staff user who can use entrap.  I'll run through my characters' stats, skills, and some of the equipment I have, because I wanna reach out before I declare the run a wash. This is a pretty casual run of CQ Lunatic, I haven't grinded, but I have accepted some of the random rewards from the lottery shop and some of my units in my own castle, and I'm totally fine with sacrificing units if need be. As long as I can find a way to win without DLC/grinding out supports and all that.

Corrin: Nohr Noble Level 20

SKILLS: Draconic Hex, Dragon Fang, Nohrian Trust. A rank swords, B rank tomes, B rank dragonstone

Has S-rank support with great knight Jakob, and has dragonstone +

Stats: 

HP: 45

STR: 27

MAG: 22

Skill:24

Speed: 28

Luck: 16

Def:25

Res: 13 

Xander: Paladin Level 20 

Skills: Elbow room, Defender, Aegis. A rank in swords, D in lances. Has A+ rank support with master ninja Kaze

HP: 50

STR: Capped at 33

Skill: 29 cap

Spd: 28

Luck: 32

Def: 28

Res: 13

Camillia: Wyvern Lord Level 20

Skills: Lunge, Rally Defense, Swordbreaker. A rank in axes, D in lances. Has S-rank support with bow knight Niles

HP: 41

STR: 32

Skill: 33

Spd: 30 cap

Luck: 18

DEF: 31

Res: 24

Effie: General Level 19

Skills: Natural Cover, Luna, Wary Fighter, Pavise. A rank in lances, E in axes. Has S-rank with Arthur Berserker, A with son, wyvern lord Percy

HP: 43

STR: 30

Skill: 20

Spd: 15

Luck: 29

Def: 26

Res: 15

Elise: Strategist Level 16

Skills: Demoiselle, rally res, inspiration, A support with Leo, A rank staves, d rank tomes

HP: 31

Mag: 31

Skill: 18

Spd: 31

Luck: 34

Def:  7

Res: 29

Nina:  Level 15 Bow Knight

Skills: Rally defense, locktouch, rally skill, shuriken breaker, B rank bows, e rank swords

STR: 25

Skill: 27

Spd: 26

Luck: 25

Def: 16

Res:28

Izana: Level 13 onmyoji

Skills; Base skills, B rank tomes, C rank staves

Mag: 27

Skill: 30

Spd: 22

Luck: 21

Def: 17

Res: 28

Jakob: Level 26 Great Knight

Skills: Gentihlomme, elbow room, luna, armored blow. S rank with Corrin

STR: 31

Skill: 26

Spd: 18

Luck: 23

Def: 19

Res: 9

Azura is level 36 and has all her skills

Some of the other units I have include a level 8 wyvern lord Percy, but he's too weak to be anything but a pair-up bot. Kana is a weak level 1 nohr noble, Shura's a mediocre level 7 adventurer. Besides the staves I mentioned earlier, odd equipment i have includes the Berserker's Axe, a forged +1 Norhian Blade, forged killer ax +1, steel ax +1, hand ax +1, Lightning, ragnorak. I also have about 5100 gold. If you need any more info, just let me know. I'm realizing tackling Conquest Lunatic without planning anything in advanced was a really, really bad idea 😣 

Edited by Deenward

It doesn't matter if you murder your entire army for Endgame.

Also, Pass is a good skill, and one member of your army has it.  The question is whether or not you have the deployment slots for your sacrifice.

Agreed. I'm willing to take as many casualties as necessary, but I'm legitimately unsure if my army is even strong enough to tank the enemy long enough to get my stronger units to Takumi. All of my units besides the ones I described in detail get one-rounded by most if not all of the enemies in the endgame map.

Unfortunately, Shura's only at level 7, and unless I grind (which is not something I'm willing to do), I don't think there's a way I can get him high enough to acquire Pass. Unless there's a way I can re-class Nina to an adventurer temporarily, and then back to a bow knight and get her Pass that way, if that's even possible.

I'm at the point where at least two of my deployment slots are units who are way too weak to help in any feasible way. If I had a Gunter x Corrin support, he would be useful for the offensive gains. but he just doesn't have what I need for the map.

I think Nina will need two levels in Adventurer, but she should be able to get it.  The other option might be Niles, depending on how high his level is.

My thought was Pass + Rescue to get someone to the boss.  Cooking + tonics should cover the rest.

Good to know. Unfortunately, Niles is only level 7, so that won't be an option, but I think getting Nina a couple levels is doable, especially since I have invasion 3 as well as chapter 27 to get her a couple levels. I'll report back with my findings

Ya if your not planning on cheesing it that endgame takes so much preemptive preparation and planning ahead of time to beat and you STILL lose most of your units.

On a side note your title made me think that it would be really cool if there was a way for people to send in save files to a really skilled player and have him try to salvage runs in multiple different FE games, that would be something really refreshing for FE content creators to do.

Legit, if there was a way to do that, that'd be really dope!

Thanks for the help, Eclipse! I'm on Endgame, and Nina now has Pass. In interest in trying to find the ideal strategy without having to use up too much time, should I just re-class Nina into a bow knight or should I re-class her into a wyvern lord or Malig knight? My Camilla has 9 move thanks to boots I gave her, and like I said, I have 1 rescue stave and 3 entrap uses left. Obviously, you'd need more info to do something over the top like a play-by-play, but what should be my focus as far as strategy goes?

6 hours ago, JimmyBeans said:

On a side note your title made me think that it would be really cool if there was a way for people to send in save files to a really skilled player and have him try to salvage runs in multiple different FE games, that would be something really refreshing for FE content creators to do.

On emulated games that would be easy to accomplish (as save files can be easily transferred online) and a cool idea, but I'm guessing that isn't an option in this case.

3 hours ago, Deenward said:

, should I just re-class Nina into a bow knight or should I re-class her into a wyvern lord or Malig knight?

Wyvern Lord/ Malig Knight would be better as her final job is to carry someone past as many obstacle as possible, and flight makes that even easier.

3 hours ago, Deenward said:

Obviously, you'd need more info to do something over the top like a play-by-play, but what should be my focus as far as strategy goes? 

Here is my advice for what I think is your best option. First turn you are getting close enough to nab a turn 2/3 kill, while making sure Camilla is paired with a staff user with the rescue staff, and Nina is just behind her with your best Takumi killer (probably Corrin) in range to pair with (or get transferred to) her(and hopefully out of enfeeble range), with everyone else trying to keep Camilla, Nina, your Takumi killer, and any useful rallies alive for next turn. Turn 2 should involve having any useful rallies boost the Takumi killer (if your Arthur managed to get strength rally that would help, or if Percy has defense rally, possibly using the dance to buff, etc.), having the Takumi killer pair with Nina, Camilla moving her max distance (note you can use entrap to clear one enemy that would otherwise block her path if you let a secondary staff bot use the rescue) and switching to a staff user to Rescue Nina, and having her move your Takumi killer in to try and take out the boss.

It might be better to have Nina ferry the rescuer if you can find a clear path for Camilla after the Rescue staff use. If you have no useful rallies, or can't keep your Takumi killer from being attacker or enfeebled it might be better to start them paired with Nina (or Camilla if the other advise proved necessary). I think you can pull this off, but it might take a few tries (and possibly a lucky skill proc) to get end game just right. Good Luck!

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

Appreciate it! Correct me if I"m wrong, but it definitely seems like the left path is best route to take when trying to ferry Corrin up to Takumi. I'm wondering if reclassing him to a Paladin by nickel and diming it for another heart seal might be best, since the 8 move would help Nina move 10 speed rather than just 9, making it easier to get to Takumi. Also, though he can't use the Dragonstone + if he does that, it's only a couple atk points stronger than the shadow Yato, and the shadow yato doesn't have its strength reduced with each use.

I've tried to get to Takumi twice, and the problem I'm finding is that I'm two spaces away from him by the time i get there, either on turn two or three. Also, the one carrying Corrin (Nina in this case,) tends to die during the enemy phase of either turn 2 or 3. Camillia's got the boots, so she'd also move 10 if paired up with Paladin Corrin, she might be able to reach Takumi if rescued with Nina's rescue staff user. One thing that's causing me problems is Elise is the only one with a high enough staff rank to use an entrap staff. My other three stave wielders aren't at B rank, so I can't move away as many units from the path as I'd like. This means I may have to hope Nina with the rescue bot is enough to get Corrin and Camillia over to the boss, as I only can move one unit away from their path. 

Percy does have defense rally, but since he has 8 mov compared to Camilla and Nina's 9, he's not quite fast enough to keep up with them. If I had only retained at least 2 rescue staff uses, I'd be in good shape. 

If I need to tank a couple enemies in the back, Camilla's also the only one with a half-decent chance of actually surviving, which keeps Corrin from having to absorb all those enfeeble hits from the staff wielders near Takumi.

A turn 2 attack, however, is made difficult by the fact Takumi charges his super move at the end of enemy phase on turn 1, which means even if Corrin and Camilla make it to the back, they'll lose half HP once they get there. If I can get close enough on turn 2, maybe I should have her attack first with the forged killer ax or that berserker ax, although she'd absolutely die in that round, since Takumi is using a bow.

UPDATE: I was able to get Paladin Corrin paired up with Nina 1 space from Takumi on turn 2... And he only does 18 damage with no chance to crit. Even with Dragon Fang, he only gets up to 43, 42 damage on Takumi. He simply can't last enemy phase, because there are a bunch of silver shuriken ninjas up there and the enfeeble staffs and draconic hex bring him down enough to kill him during turn 2 enemy phase.  He'd have to last long enough for Takumi to attack and either kill him on the counter or make it to turn 3, but even then, that would require another dragon fang proc and might not even be enough because he's weekend. The only thing I can think of that might possibly work is if I'm able to get Camilla up there somehow, but she has to haul Izana over to rescue Nina and Corrin to get them close enough to be rescued. Maybe I could dance Elise with Azura somehow, give her enough time to entrap a unit AND rescue Nina, maybe giving Camilla a chance to reach Takumi? But I'm not sure if she has the move to get there. This run may well be a wash. I think shifting Corrin to a Great Knight gives him a few extra points of strength, but I still don't think it would be enough to kill Takumi. I could try ferrying someone like Xander over there instead, and he is quite strong. But since he doesn't have enough speed to double, and he has no offensive skills to trigger (all he's got is aegis, a defensive skill which could help him last a turn, but still)

Edited by Deenward

On 6/30/2019 at 9:27 AM, Deenward said:

Appreciate it! Correct me if I"m wrong, but it definitely seems like the left path is best route to take when trying to ferry Corrin up to Takumi. I'm wondering if reclassing him to a Paladin by nickel and diming it for another heart seal might be best, since the 8 move would help Nina move 10 speed rather than just 9, making it easier to get to Takumi. Also, though he can't use the Dragonstone + if he does that, it's only a couple atk points stronger than the shadow Yato, and the shadow yato doesn't have its strength reduced with each use.

I've tried to get to Takumi twice, and the problem I'm finding is that I'm two spaces away from him by the time i get there, either on turn two or three. Also, the one carrying Corrin (Nina in this case,) tends to die during the enemy phase of either turn 2 or 3. Camillia's got the boots, so she'd also move 10 if paired up with Paladin Corrin, she might be able to reach Takumi if rescued with Nina's rescue staff user. One thing that's causing me problems is Elise is the only one with a high enough staff rank to use an entrap staff. My other three stave wielders aren't at B rank, so I can't move away as many units from the path as I'd like. This means I may have to hope Nina with the rescue bot is enough to get Corrin and Camillia over to the boss, as I only can move one unit away from their path. 

Percy does have defense rally, but since he has 8 mov compared to Camilla and Nina's 9, he's not quite fast enough to keep up with them. If I had only retained at least 2 rescue staff uses, I'd be in good shape. 

If I need to tank a couple enemies in the back, Camilla's also the only one with a half-decent chance of actually surviving, which keeps Corrin from having to absorb all those enfeeble hits from the staff wielders near Takumi.

A turn 2 attack, however, is made difficult by the fact Takumi charges his super move at the end of enemy phase on turn 1, which means even if Corrin and Camilla make it to the back, they'll lose half HP once they get there. If I can get close enough on turn 2, maybe I should have her attack first with the forged killer ax or that berserker ax, although she'd absolutely die in that round, since Takumi is using a bow.

UPDATE: I was able to get Paladin Corrin paired up with Nina 1 space from Takumi on turn 2... And he only does 18 damage with no chance to crit. Even with Dragon Fang, he only gets up to 43, 42 damage on Takumi. He simply can't last enemy phase, because there are a bunch of silver shuriken ninjas up there and the enfeeble staffs and draconic hex bring him down enough to kill him during turn 2 enemy phase.  He'd have to last long enough for Takumi to attack and either kill him on the counter or make it to turn 3, but even then, that would require another dragon fang proc and might not even be enough because he's weekend. The only thing I can think of that might possibly work is if I'm able to get Camilla up there somehow, but she has to haul Izana over to rescue Nina and Corrin to get them close enough to be rescued. Maybe I could dance Elise with Azura somehow, give her enough time to entrap a unit AND rescue Nina, maybe giving Camilla a chance to reach Takumi? But I'm not sure if she has the move to get there. This run may well be a wash. I think shifting Corrin to a Great Knight gives him a few extra points of strength, but I still don't think it would be enough to kill Takumi. I could try ferrying someone like Xander over there instead, and he is quite strong. But since he doesn't have enough speed to double, and he has no offensive skills to trigger (all he's got is aegis, a defensive skill which could help him last a turn, but still)

Welcome to un-preped endgame.

Proc DF twice is pretty much all you've got here unfortunately.

I was worried that'd be the case. Legit, I appreciate you giving me the cold, hard truth. That might not even be enough, unless I"m lucky enough to dodge some enemies, enfeebles, and Takumi doesn't get healed by the units near him during enemy phase. Were I to start another run, where would you say the best place to go for advice on how to have the most optimal lunatic classic run is?

2 hours ago, Deenward said:

I was worried that'd be the case. Legit, I appreciate you giving me the cold, hard truth. That might not even be enough, unless I"m lucky enough to dodge some enemies, enfeebles, and Takumi doesn't get healed by the units near him during enemy phase. Were I to start another run, where would you say the best place to go for advice on how to have the most optimal lunatic classic run is?

Lunatic club is good and Zoran recently did some excellent video's on some safe early Odin strats.

If you have a brave axe and trained BeArthur he can kill taco at base btw. Misfortune makes taco attack him before any other enemy moves for an EP kill. Doesn't has a full write up on this in the lunatic club.

Edit: If you've got invasions or paralouges open we can potentially build a taco slayer ex pz

Edited by joshcja