• Hanneman
    • Seteth
    • Flayn
    • Cyril
    • Catherine
    • Alois (platonic S)
    • Gilbert (platonic S)
    • Shamir

So, thanks to the Nintendo Treehouse Live presentation, we know that Byleth can romance the students in this game, though only after the 5-year time-skip to avoid the implications. We also know that this even includes the house leaders, as one of them (jokingly... I think; one is not my strong point) mentioned Dimitri when talking about it. 

So, which characters, if any, do you want your Byleth to romance, and why?

Edited by vanguard333

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If, by Mila's blessing, M!Byleth can S-Support any male... Caspar it is! He has always been such a cutie, and his post-time skip appearance makes my heart swoon ❤️ 

Him or Sylvain actually... I love a dorky, hopeless romantic hehe, and I can only fathom how much of a hunk he looks in the jump!

Definitely Sylvain! He's the male character with the best design to me. And he seems to be a good guy.

Also, I just thought about it but I guess there will be (high) bonuses when lovers are next to each others. It was like that in Genealogy/Awakening/Fates so I think it'll continue. I wonder which kind of bonuses it will be. Fates/Awakening's stats bonuses or Genealogy's avoid/hit/crit bonuses?

I just realized that I should probably answer as well. Since I plan on playing through this game at least 3 times (once for each house), then I'll probably pick a different character in each playthrough:

Black Eagles: Either Edelgard, Dorothea or Petra. I haven't decided. 

Blue Lions: Either Mercedes or Ingrid. Probably Ingrid. 

Golden Deer: Marianne. 

12 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

If, by Mila's blessing, M!Byleth can S-Support any male... Caspar it is! He has always been such a cutie, and his post-time skip appearance makes my heart swoon ❤️ 

Him or Sylvain actually... I love a dorky, hopeless romantic hehe, and I can only fathom how much of a hunk he looks in the jump!

Unfortunately it's been more-or-less confirmed that M!Byleth cannot romance any of the male Blue Lions, but I'm praying for Caspar (if more because of Caspar x Linhardt...). 

Anyway, OP: I'll probably roll F!Byleth and romance Dimitri first. 

I'm curious just how true the "romance only after the time skip" is. Sure, I'm not expecting any marriages during the school phase, but who's not to say that two characters wish to court each other after they graduate? 5 years is more than enough time for characters to get married inbetween. And someone having children to look after during the war phase would be one way to add some drama and make character deaths all the more tragic.

Anyway, I'm half-seriously wishing that there will be an official way for Byleth to declare celibacy. I've had so many runs of Awakening where male Robin remained single by the end of the game that it's an inside joke now, and I would find it hilarious if the same thing ended up happening in Three Houses.

35 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

(Also, if someone could help me think of a better title; the current one seems a bit generic to me)

You could probably replace it with "Who do you plan on marrying first" or "Who will be the first person you S-Support" or "How are you pairing Byleth with first" or something along those lines. I actually thought this topic would be about romance in Three Houses in general at first glance.

Blue Lions: No-one most likely. The 3 Girls are my favourite girls from any house but I ship Sylvain x Ingrid, Dedue x Mercedes and Ashe x Annette and I won't be recruiting other students. So either no-one or I go with a non-student character after time skip because none of the revealed non-student females are doing it for me. Alternatively I could always go Female Byleth and pick Dimitri or Felix as they are my 2 favourite characters, but going my opposite gender on my first playthrough could feel a little weird.

Black Eagles: Probably Dorothea. I don't find any of the BE girls that special. Being with Edelgard might be a bit weird seeing as how she is the Empress, I don't really like her time skip design either, Petra is cool and I'm keeping my options open for her but I don't see me liking her enough, and Bernadetta is my 2nd least favourite character after Ignatz. Again I could always wait for non-student females.

Golden Deer: This one is a lot easier, Marianne. She's cute, shy, deeply religious and has a mysterious backstory. What else do you want from me? 

Edited by SpiceMan

I dunno. I'm picking Blue Lions first, so maybe Annette. If Gay marriage is allowed, I might marry Ashe because there's less of an opportunity cost for gay marriage in Fates. 

I was originally going to play F!Byleth and romance Sylvain (teaching Blue Lions) but after talking to my partner who's going to be playing a Fire Emblem game with me for the first time we've decided we really want to try out whatever gay option there is. I never gave Niles a chance anyway, so let's see if they can redeem themselves.

Spoiler

So Linhardt, Alois or whoever is available. REALLY hoping the Alois hint was true.

For the Black Eagles I was gonna do Dorothea but seeing as I probably won't get to experience the Sylvain romance, I'll just recruit him in this playthrough and hook up! Finally for the Golden Deer it's gotta be Marianne. She has my favorite female design, just above previous queen Dorothea. If the game is good enough I'll play more for sure, but this is all I have planned for now.

As F!Byleth, I`m thinking of picking either Dimitri, Sylvain or Felix. As M!Byleth, I`m picking a different girl for all the houses.

Black Eagles: Petra or Dorothea (maybe Edelgard, but I prefer her with Dimitri or Fredinand)

Blue Lions: Mecedes

Golden Deer: Hilda

I might try to recruit Mercie and Hilda over to the Black Eagles, though I probably won`t succeed the first time.

If teachers are avalible, my first choice is Cathrine. Manuela is a close second, though I`ll need to see her supports before making up my mind.

Edited by Metal Flash

Limiting it to students is very... limiting. Let's be honest there is no student (or teacher on that matter) on pair with Catherine. But let's see

BE: Dorothea > Eldegarde

BL: Dimitri

GD:Leonie/Hilda

14 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

You could probably replace it with "Who do you plan on marrying first" or "Who will be the first person you S-Support" or "How are you pairing Byleth with first" or something along those lines. I actually thought this topic would be about romance in Three Houses in general at first glance.

Thanks for the suggestions. Funny enough, I was originally planning on making this topic about romance in general before I decided on this instead. 

3 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Limiting it to students is very... limiting. Let's be honest there is no student (or teacher on that matter) on pair with Catherine. But let's see

I'm just limiting it to students for now because it's only been confirmed for students so far. If it gets confirmed that other characters are romanceable, then I'll remove the limit.

Manuela not included? I guess my Byleth will remain Single. Joker needs to have a word with him.

-> I decide until I know how they all turn out after timeskip. No decision for now.

Edited by Stroud

I can’t decide for the most part tbh.

For the teachers I’m pretty sure I’ll go for Seteth & Catherine. Black Eagles will most likely be Ferdinand and Bernadetta (unless I will really like Petra’s timeskip design).

Now to the Blue Lions & Golden Deer. For the female characters it’ll be either Mercedes or Ingrid. For the male characters it depends on whether, again, I will like Sylvain’s timeskip design, otherwise it’s Felix. 

Okay, onto the Golden Deer. I need to see Ignatz’ design, if I don’t like what I see it’ll maybe be Claude actually, even if I don’t like romancing lords. 

Heck, maybe I’ll go all the way with the cavs and do Ferdinand/Sylvain/Lorenz. It depends on whether I will like them or not. In other words it’s too early for me to decide...

Edit: Totally forgot to mention the female Golden Deer pick. Well, I can’t decide between Lysithea and Marianne, so yeah...

Edited by berriicoco

I still haven't decided if my first run will be m!Byleth of f!Byleth. In either case, my first desire would be Catherine.

But as there's a very good chance that won't be an option, Linhardt and Petra are my first two choices from the Black Eagles. Recruiting Ashe, Marianne, or Leonie is a priority on this one.

But I could also change my mind in the next few weeks, knowing myself.

My Male Byleth is going for Petra Black Eagles my exotic cool waifu!!!! >:)

Blue Lions Mercedes or Ingrid!!!

Golden Deer Leonie, Hilda or Lysithea(scared for Marriane with all the rumors going around hopefully false then she'll be added ;_;)

Don't play as female in FE games

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

Most likely Bernadetta for the first run. Out of all the girls, she's got my favorite design so far. 

Males don't matter as I have zero intention to play as Female Byleth. Playing as an Avatar opposite my actual gender in games with heavy relationship themes just make me feel uncomfortable.