• Catherine
    • Alois (platonic S)
    • Gilbert (platonic S)
    • Shamir

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this doesn't mean child units are going to be in the game too. Please no more forcing them in stupidly... 😕

But if not and it's simply S supporting and nothing more, then I have no idea. I don't really choose until I play the game myself. Sure, Frederick struck my fancy from the moment I first saw him in Awakening trailers, but that was only as a character, not as a potential Robin husband. I didn't actually decide to go for him until I played the demo.

Whoever my choice for Three Houses is won't be made at least until I play its demo too, if there will be one (which I don't doubt since Awakening and Fates both got one).

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I hope this doesn't mean child units are going to be in the game too. Please no more forcing them in stupidly... 😕

But if not and it's simply S supporting and nothing more, then I have no idea. I don't really choose until I play the game myself. Sure, Frederick struck my fancy from the moment I first saw him in Awakening trailers, but that was only as a character, not as a potential Robin husband. I didn't actually decide to go for him until I played the demo.

Whoever my choice for Three Houses is won't be made at least until I play its demo too, if there will be one (which I don't doubt since Awakening and Fates both got one).

I thought children were confirmed to NOT be in the game?

9 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Males don't matter as I have zero intention to play as Female Byleth. Playing as an Avatar opposite my actual gender in games with heavy relationship themes just make me feel uncomfortable.

5 hours ago, PrincessAlyson said:

Agreed. I'll play as the opposite gender only in games with no shipping mechanics. So I'll be F!Avatar as usual for FE3H.

Like I said earlier, I feel the same for relationship-centered games, with only one exception - that one exception being Rune Factory 4.

9 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

7 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Yeah, that lady in the Gamespot video specifically said that Nintendo reps told her that there are no child units.

I never saw or heard of this video, so I didn't know. Good to know though!

I haven't decided what house or gender I'll be playing yet, and I'll probably decide who to romance when I get to know the characters, so get ready for an extensive list. (Yes, I know same-sex pairings haven't been confirmed but here's hoping.)

Black Eagles:

• Hubert - F only
  • Dorothea
  • Caspar - M only
  • Petra

Blue Lions:

• Dmitri - F only
  • Felix
  • Sylvain
  • Ingrid - F only

Golden Deer:

• Claude - M only
  • Raphael - M only
  • Leonie

I am hoping for Same Sex pairings but I doubt there will be many options, regrettably. However, I have a feel people on my eye.

Black Eagles:

- Linhardt
- Caspar
- Bernadetta

Blue Lions:

- Dimitri
- Sylvain
- Ingrid

Golden Deer:
- Claude
- Leonie
- Marianne

I'm not sure yet. Despite getting your avatar to hook up with husbando's or waifu's being a big appeal to many people I always found the Avatar romance to be the least interesting ones. I usually just pair off the characters that I like together and the player Avatar gets whoever is left. I do think I have a very strong preference to having Bayleth hook up with a fellow teacher. 

Is it true that some of the characters are gay or bi? I've heard people saying that, but I don't know if it's just rumours or wishful thinking on their part. The main two for me are Bernadetta and Leonie, though this game has more characters than ever that I'd be interested in S-ranking (purely going off appearances, of course, as we don't have much else to go off yet. I'd rather play as a female Byleth but not if I'd be stuck marrying a guy.

28 minutes ago, Matroska said:

Is it true that some of the characters are gay or bi? I've heard people saying that, but I don't know if it's just rumours or wishful thinking on their part. The main two for me are Bernadetta and Leonie, though this game has more characters than ever that I'd be interested in S-ranking (purely going off appearances, of course, as we don't have much else to go off yet. I'd rather play as a female Byleth but not if I'd be stuck marrying a guy.

This is a potential spoiler.

Spoiler

A leak/rumour that predicted many things that have come to been found as true stated that there will be same-sex pairings.

2 minutes ago, FigurativelyDeadBooty said:

This is a potential spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

A leak/rumour that predicted many things that have come to been found as true stated that there will be same-sex pairings.

Ah nice, well fingers crossed, then. 🤞

37 minutes ago, FigurativelyDeadBooty said:

I hope we get more than one choice per gender this time around.

Is that how it is in Fates? I've only played the early part of Birthright so I didn't know that. I know in Awakening there's nothing like that, though there is that mod someone here made. That's the most recent FE I've played properly apart from Echoes which is of course a remake of a much older game. Gotta say, it's about time for FE to update like that. It's weird going from playing games like Dragon Age or even as far back as Baldur's Gate 2, and then going over to the FE romance options.

Edited by Matroska

7 minutes ago, Matroska said:

Is that how it is in Fates? I've only played the early part of Birthright so I didn't know that. I know in Awakening there's nothing like that, though there is that mod someone here made. That's the most recent FE I've played properly apart from Echoes which is of course a remake of a much older game. Gotta say, it's about time for FE to update like that. It's weird going from playing games like Dragon Age or even as far back as Baldur's Gate 2, and then going over to the FE romance options.

There was only one gay marriage option per gender in Fates, Niles for the Male Avatar in Conquest and Rhajat for the Female Avatar in Birthright. While I do like Niles quite a bit, I find it very questionable how the male gay option is a former criminal, and Rhajat...Rhajat is just awful man. Not to mention, gay marriage in Fates also acted as a huge detriment, because  if you marry either Niles or Rhajat, you lose out on being able to recruit Kana as a playable character, and in the case of Niles, you also lose out on Nina as well. This made a lot of people mad, since it was Fire Emblem's first attempt at gay marriage, and yet it has such a negative drawback to it.

Edited by Gregster101

13 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

There was only one gay marriage option per gender in Fates, Niles for the Male Avatar in Conquest and Rhajat for the Female Avatar in Birthright. While I do like Niles quite a bit, I find it very questionable how the male gay option is a former criminal, and Rhajat...Rhajat is just awful man. Not to mention, gay marriage in Fates also acted as a huge detriment, because  if you marry either Niles or Rhajat, you lose out on being able to recruit Kana as a playable character, and in the case of Niles, you also lose out on Nina as well. This made a lot of people mad, since it was Fire Emblem's first attempt at gay marriage, and yet it has such a negative drawback to it.

Well... it's a start, I guess. To be fair, I don't think the former criminal thing should be read into in a negative way. If a woman in a heterosexual romance option was a former criminal, it'd just make her seem like a sexy, lively character, not like it's making any kind of judgement. I mean, look at very popular characters like Han Solo. I'm sure lots of guys as well as girls find him attractive, so it does seem like an obvious type to go for. It's a shame with the child mechanic not being supported. It is kind of tricky because while obviously IRL they could adopt or use a surrogate parent, in the context of the game it's a mechanic to pass on stats and skills so it wouldn't make sense if it happened then. I guess they could just have a base version of the character you can recruit, but I think it'd still annoy people that they can't inherit stuff.

It'll be interesting to see how TH does it. At least it doesn't have to worry about child inheritance (as far as I know).

There are multiple characters in the game who shares the same name as people I know in real life so it feels a bit weird for me to S support them even though I like their designs. Anyways, I think I have to play the game and read some of their supports before making a decision. 

Also, for the same sex marriages part, in addition to having multiple gay options, I think another improvement that can be made for gay marriages is that they're not just gay for the avatar. If there are multiple gay characters, it would be better if they can also S support each other. 

35 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

Also, for the same sex marriages part, in addition to having multiple gay options, I think another improvement that can be made for gay marriages is that they're not just gay for the avatar. If there are multiple gay characters, it would be better if they can also S support each other. 

Manifesting Linhardt x Caspar right now

I pray every night that Male Byleth can romance Claude.

If we can't get same sex relationships then...

Male Byleth: Edelgard, Dorothea, Ingrid, Marianne.

Female Byleth: Ferdinand, Dimitri, Sylvain, Felix, Claude.

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

Honestly, I'd say what's worse is that both Niles and Rhajat are pretty lackluster as units.

I'll most likely go for Claude if I can romance the males. There's a few others I'd go for, but currently just him. After the game is out I'll probably figure out who else I'd go for on second/onwards playthroughs. (or first ig if Claude can't be romanced as a male).

I'll wait on post skip design, they're definitely more relevant (especially in the romance aspect, seens as S support are there). As of student design I'd say Dorothea/Petra/Marianne in no particular order, but as I said post timeskip is where it's at. The proof is that I adore Edelgard in student mode (I think it's really the best design), but I'm not too hot on the "empress" one (I still like it, but the buns and the "crown" are atrocious).