• Seteth
    • Flayn
    • Cyril
    • Catherine
    • Alois (platonic S)
    • Gilbert (platonic S)
    • Shamir

1 hour ago, timon said:

I'll wait on post skip design, they're definitely more relevant (especially in the romance aspect, seens as S support are there). As of student design I'd say Dorothea/Petra/Marianne in no particular order, but as I said post timeskip is where it's at. The proof is that I adore Edelgard in student mode (I think it's really the best design), but I'm not too hot on the "empress" one (I still like it, but the buns and the "crown" are atrocious).

Yeah; I agree. I'm not a fan of her empress outfit; the poufy skirt or whatever it is, the buns and the crown do not look good. 

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who I actually go with will change a lot depending on post timeskip designs, supports, and whether they're even an option, but some characters I'm interested in are: Edelgard, Caspar, Petra, any of the Blue Lion guys (I still have a bit of hope), Claude, Marianne, Catherine, Alois, Seteth, and Shamir.

On 6/29/2019 at 10:49 PM, Sentinel07 said:

Most likely Bernadetta for the first run. Out of all the girls, she's got my favorite design so far. 

Males don't matter as I have zero intention to play as Female Byleth. Playing as an Avatar opposite my actual gender in games with heavy relationship themes just make me feel uncomfortable.

I'm the opposite. Playing a female character makes it less awkward to date fictional characters, because there is a greater distance between me and my player character. The same is true for games where the characters and dialogue is less lifelike and more abstracted. Previous Fire Emblem games fit this; but now that there's a player character you actually walk around with, more detailed models, dialogue options, voice acting and actual cutscenes for supports i think this could change.

8 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Honestly, I'd say what's worse is that both Niles and Rhajat are pretty lackluster as units.

Niles is the only unit in Conquest and one of only two that can capture. That alone makes him one of the best units in Fates.

As for who I'd romance, it would be more dependent on who I think makes sense storywise tha nwho I think is the most attractive. In Fates for example I romanced kaze and Rinkah due to the scene where Byleth spares them in the beginning.

Edit: As a consequence of the above, my actual considerations are based on leaks and/or specualtions, so most of them have to be in spoiler tags. The one that doesn't need spoiler tags is that if the theory that Byleth can go back in time and go through all the timelines on a single playthrough is true the nI think romancing Sothis on the last route makes sense since she would be the only character to fully be with Byleth from the start to the end. Just please give her a different form thanks.

Leak spoilers below.:

Spoiler

If the theory that Lysithea's death happens depending on whether or not you recruit her is true the nI think she would be a good romance option for the Golden Deer route where she actually survives.

The comments that Edelgard's second route is "neutral" and that it likely won't be a golden ending due to Edelgard's ruthlessness make sme suspect that said route actually involves Byleth turning against Edelgard (I've seen some others speculate about this as well). If so I think Edelgard would be a good romance option on the route where you actually stay with her.

Edited by Druplesnubb

22 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

Niles is the only unit in Conquest and one of only two that can capture. That alone makes him one of the best units in Fates.

Which would be meaningful if I saw capture as enough to make up for Niles's non-speed/res stats sucking ass, which I do not. I'm much better served by his daughter.

Edited by Shadow Mir

I only really play as the female avatars in games where I got a choice so:

Black Eagles: Linhardt or Caspar I guess?

Blue Lions: Ashe. I would like to marry Dimitri, but I'm currently shipping him with two others.

Golden Deer: Ashe...None of the others really call too me. Like Claude is hot, but I ship him with someone else. Same problem with Raphael, and Ignatz. So Ashe it is (or a faculty member).

Usually try to keep my shipping habits to myself, but I'll let the hype talk.

Black Eagles - My avatar says it all. She's been the one since the very first trailer we got. The little news we get here and there in regards to her personality only solidify things for me.

Blue Lions - To be completely honest, Ingrid has grown on me. I was contemplating letting this be the route with where I use a F!MC but, but I've said I would do a F!MC run for Awakening and Fates also. To this day, they've never happened. Why give myself expectations I won't meet?

Golden Deer - I'm glad just to have a lord with a bit more melanin in him than the usual... As a result, haven't thought to hard about the shipping here. Maybe Lysithea. Maybe Hilda. Maybe Marianne. I'll make a decision when it's necessary.

In my canon run, my F!Byleth will romance Dimitri. I have been eyeing him ever since he was first introduced and nothing has changed even now. Though timeskip Claude almost altered my decision but timeskip Dimitri won solidified my decision. 

I'm not sure in my other routes. I'll probably play M!Byleth in my second run and go after Edelgard. On my Golden Deer route, I'll probably do a no-romance run? I have a tendency if the MC is not customizable visual-wise, I saw them same person regardless and when I shipped them to a certain person, I tend to be attached to that pairing. 

Edited by Ririn
Grammar

Blue Lions: Dimitri 

Black Eagles/Golden Deer: hopefully Seteth

If I can’t romance Seteth in the BE and GD playthroughs, my Byleth will probably stay single. (If there are any other unannounced, romanceable characters that catch my eye, Byleth will marry them.)

I ship all the other students already with each other and Dimitri is my Byleths „canon“ love interest, so I kinda don‘t wanna break them apart.

I hope, that I‘ll somehow be able to marry Dimitri and Seteth as Male Byleth, because I love Byleths male version and would prefer not having to play the female one.

Hmm, depending on the same-sex options will really determine what I do.

I always play as my same gender, so M!Byleth for me. But who I romance will depend on what's available. I think my 'final' playthrough will be Black Eagles as it feels like the most 'canon' path, and I honestly will probably marry Edelgard, because I LOVE her post time-skip design (and she's going to be a Wyvern Rider for sure), and I have a thing for ruthless ladies and I feel like story-wise it might have the best implications (sorta like how I always married Lucina in Awakening because I like the way it affects the story and gives some stake to the characters).

Based on that Blue Lions screenshot there doesn't seem to be a same-sex male pairing *cries*, otherwise it would be Ashe. But among the females, probably Ingrid, or I'll just be single.

For Golden Deers, it would be Claude if he was an option orrrrrr Marianne probably.

And for Black Eagles definitely Edelgard (or Caspar if he was an option).

For my first run, (F!Byleth) I'm going Golden Deer, so probably Claude because I love him post timeskip. If there are gay options, then definitely Marianne (if she's still cute) or Lysithea.

When I go Blue Lions, definitely Sylvain. Actually, I'd love to marry him in my first run but for my first run, I kinda don't wanna recruit anyone. Sylvain is my #1 dude though. For gay options MERCEDES OR INGRID!!!!!!!!!1111

Then with Black Eagles, Ferdinand no doubt. I'm not really interested with anyone else besides post time skip Edelgard (who I'm ENAMOURED with) but I highly doubt she'd be a gay option if they're limited. I could always do a male run for her though, it just depends how attached I get to my other files.

Edited by underthedorktree

I am honestly praying we get more gay options after the timeskip. The fact that Edelgard doesn't have an S support with any of the guys in her own house kinda gives me that hope, but otherwise I'm disappointed no guy from Blue Lions is a gay option since they have by far the best designs.

As for who I'd go for:

Black Eagles: Caspar, maybe Linhardt

Blue Lions: Dmitri, Felix, Ashe, Sylvain

Golden Deer: Claude

Edited by Cyan1456

On 6/30/2019 at 6:42 PM, Druplesnubb said:

In Fates for example I romanced kaze and Rinkah due to the scene where Byleth spares them in the beginning.

Uhhhh? lol

2 hours ago, Cyan1456 said:

The fact that Edelgard doesn't have an S support with any of the guys in her own house kinda gives me that hope, but otherwise I'm disappointed no guy from Blue Lions is a gay option since they have by far the best designs.

Where is the info on supports?

Edited by Bloom

Manuela definitely. I'm not sure on what route though, or even if its possible

For Black Eagles, I can't decide between Bernadetta or Pertra

For Blue Lions, Mercedes

For Golden Deer, Marianne. Although I ship male Byleth as a character with Leonie

I’m interested in Catherine or Shamir for M!Byleth and Seteth or Yeritz for F!Byleth.

I probably won’t go after the students but if I did my choices would be:

Black Eagles: Caspar and Petra

Blue Lions: Felix and Mercedes

Golden Deer: Claude and Leonie

Black Eagles: Hubert and Linhardt

Blue Lions: Dimitri and Felix

Golden Deer: Claude and Lorenz

Any Route: Jeritza

On 6/30/2019 at 6:34 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm not sure yet. Despite getting your avatar to hook up with husbando's or waifu's being a big appeal to many people I always found the Avatar romance to be the least interesting ones. I usually just pair off the characters that I like together and the player Avatar gets whoever is left. 

I can understand that; I usually find a lot of the avatar romances quite boring, as if not a lot of work was put into their support conversations.

I usually just pair the avatar with whichever character I think will actually be interesting. I put Robin with Cordelia and Lucina for that reason, and I put Corrin with Azura in my first playthrough of all three versions of Fates because I heard that their support conversations differed with all three versions (I was grossed out by what Revelations revealed).

For this game, I'm probably going to go with Edelgard in my Black Eagles playthrough for that very same reason.  

Probably not going to romance a student from any house so Catherine or Shamir 

Spoiler

If Shamir isn't a trap 

Spoiler

If Rhea is an option like the leaks Said

Edited by Aquarius