• Seteth
    • Flayn
    • Cyril
    • Catherine
    • Alois (platonic S)
    • Gilbert (platonic S)
    • Shamir

3 hours ago, Onestep said:

So far, the Lords prove to be the most popular in general (not surprising), with one major exception. Marianne has actually surpassed both Dimitri and Claude, and is only a few off of Edelgard. Really not that surprised at this, she's one of my favourite characters too.

Marianne has passed Edelgard now, but they really seem neck and neck. And Claude is pretty close behind them

What I would find really interesting (but also rather frivolous) is an addition to the the poll of whether people wanted to ship M!Byleth or F!Byleth with each character.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Still undecided I don't want the pre-release information to cloud my judgement. Same goes for the characters.

That is a large death flag.

Well we're giving that ring to whichever chosen lover and part of the S supports pretty much confirmed. If that's why we actually wait till the timeskip that's extremely clever!!! but a big red flag than already a given. Still a great tender moment between parent and child and pretty interesting our mother is buried at the Monestary. Although it would be a little weird for female giving it to a guy but whatever.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

49 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Not really; it just tells us that Byleth's mother is indeed dead.

Other than that, it seems a perfectly innocent moment. In my book that I'm writing, the protagonist's dad gives him a ring in a similar moment. The dad survives the whole book series. Admittedly, the dad in my book is a much less significant character than Jeralt probably is. 

@Jingle Jangle Where did you get that image from? I can not remember seeing it anywhere before.

On another note, I plan on romancing Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude at least once each, for the story . After that, there is not enough information for me to decide yet, but I find both Ferdinand and Jeritza rather handsome, so they are probably going to get S-Supported.

The one character I definitely will not go after is Catherine. Before you start chasing me with pointy objects, let me explain. I do not dislike her. She just happens to have the same name as my mother. An amusing coincidence, but it would make romance rather awkward.

Edited by Ace Flashheart

If yes gay marriage, definitely Dimitri (but I think we saw a screencap of M!Byleth with no S-support shown for him, so boo-hoo) and Claude. I also really like Felix. If no gay marriage, probably nobody, but if I had to pick it'd be Lysithea, Ingrid, or Mercedes. Out of faculty/non-students, I really love both Seteth and Flayn. With no gay options in Birthright I married no one, so that'll most likely be the same case here if we're lacking. 

Edit:

On 7/4/2019 at 7:31 AM, Aquarius said:

Hide contents

If Shamir isn't a trap 

Woah, that kind of inappropriate comment just made me realize we haven't gotten a blond-haired male "crossdresser" yet in Three Houses. It seems a lot of FE's character tropes have been tossed out in this game, which is a shame because I always thought they were kinda fun (if they weren't completely lazy like Ricken->Hayato).

Unless..

Ingrid? /s

Edited by nyainou

9 hours ago, KelluPato said:

I really want to marry Ferdinand, I feel like nobody gives him enough love T-T

He reminds me a bit of Innes lol

He is one of the best looking male students. I just want to see the time skip designs and their personalities  to see who I will want to S rank, bit he is a contender. 

On 7/8/2019 at 5:29 AM, EdelgardHresvelgTargaryen said:

Byleth is the same age as the students in fact he's the youngest professor at the monastery what I find weird is romancing the teachers they're older than Byleth.

I knew they were around the same age, but I thought they were a bit older than their students. My mistake I guess.

Well, I guess I like Hilda, Felix, and Dorothea. Not sure who to go for in my other playthroughs, since I like mixing it up each time.

On 7/8/2019 at 11:43 PM, KelluPato said:

I really want to marry Ferdinand, I feel like nobody gives him enough love T-T

There’s like 3 of us!

My goal is to usurp Edelgard and marry the newly crowned emperor Ferdinand.

If

Spoiler

Alois is gay romancable like Thani implied, I'm going for him in a HEARTBEAT. He and Hanneman are my favorite males in the cast.

Otherwise M!Byleth will go for Manuela provided she's supportable. For F!Byleth I'd go for Hannneman if he's also supportable.

12 hours ago, Digitibird said:

There’s like 3 of us!

My goal is to usurp Edelgard and marry the newly crowned emperor Ferdinand.

lol like why should the Adrestian Empire be ruled by someone who is weak in two things, instead of someone who has no weaknesses?

I tried commenting here once before. My post got deleted. Yay. Anyway, these are just hypotheses, since I don't have a Switch and I definitely won't have one by the time 3H comes out. Not sure about Male or Female Byleth, as unlike FE12/Fates I don't 100% prefer the female design over the male design (especially without customization). Leaning towards Blue Lions for my first playthrough.

BE: Dorothea is great, Petra looks awesome but not romance-wise.

BL: Ingrid seems an all-around great choice, but Mercedes could also be great (outside of the fact that I ship her with literally every other Blue Lion). Felix is cool too (he might be this game's Leo, and Leo is my favourite Fates character).

GD: Not really a fan of many people here anymore. Claude is cool, Raphael is a huge cinnamon roll and Leonie is best bro.

Teachers: Just like Ace Flashheart, I also have a problem with a certain character. Manuela (yes, the one and only) bears the same name as my first teacher, who also happens to have been a close friend of my family for over twenty years, so romancing her would be extremely weird (not to mention, IRL Manuela is basically asexual). Other than that, Hanneman and Alois will probably be my top picks from this group.

Most of the characters I listed will probably be romanced regardless of the gender I choose, outside of Leonie and Felix (more likely as a female) and Ingrid (more likely as a male).

These were my thoughts pre-timeskip, so some of these choices may change depending on how character designs "evolve". For example, I'm a huge fan of Ashe, but he looks a little too young right now and would make for a really cute couple with Annette.

5 minutes ago, Goddess Serra said:

I tried commenting here once before. My post got deleted. Yay. Anyway, these are just hypotheses, since I don't have a Switch and I definitely won't have one by the time 3H comes out. Not sure about Male or Female Byleth, as unlike FE12/Fates I don't 100% prefer the female design over the male design (especially without customization). Leaning towards Blue Lions for my first playthrough.

BE: Dorothea is great, Petra looks awesome but not romance-wise.

BL: Ingrid seems an all-around great choice, but Mercedes could also be great (outside of the fact that I ship her with literally every other Blue Lion). Felix is cool too (he might be this game's Leo, and Leo is my favourite Fates character).

GD: Not really a fan of many people here anymore. Claude is cool, Raphael is a huge cinnamon roll and Leonie is best bro.

Teachers: Just like Ace Flashheart, I also have a problem with a certain character. Manuela (yes, the one and only) bears the same name as my first teacher, who also happens to have been a close friend of my family for over twenty years, so romancing her would be extremely weird (not to mention, IRL Manuela is basically asexual). Other than that, Hanneman and Alois will probably be my top picks from this group.

Most of the characters I listed will probably be romanced regardless of the gender I choose, outside of Leonie and Felix (more likely as a female) and Ingrid (more likely as a male).

These were my thoughts pre-timeskip, so some of these choices may change depending on how character designs "evolve". For example, I'm a huge fan of Ashe, but he looks a little too young right now and would make for a really cute couple with Annette.

Looks at BE: oh MASSIVELY disagree COMPLETELY....

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

I'm gonna be going Eagles -> Lions -> Deer and then back to Eagles if I need to play a fourth time for completion. Thinking I'll go for Dorothea in Eagles, Ingrid in Lions and Marianne in Deer, but I'm not really set on my Deer option. I'll do Edelgard if I'm doing Eagles again.

As for actual favourite, Ingrid has become the most interesting to me. Dorothea was the most interesting to me visually, but after all the bios and marketing material Ingrid has become pretty interesting to me. I'm interested in the dynamics between the group of childhood friends in Lions, and I like her confidence.

Somehow I was able to narrow it down to 2 choices per house and one of each gender! (guess I'm bi to the core lol)

In black eagles I chose Edelgard and Linhardt, in blue lions, Dimitri and Mercedes, and in golden deer, Claude and Hilda. There are several others that might sway me though, such as Caspar, Marianne, Petra, Ferdinand or Sylvain. I actually really like all the character we've seen so far!

3 hours ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Looks at BE: oh MASSIVELY disagree COMPLETELY....

Don't get me wrong, I love Petra and everything, but because she seems so similar to Athena I want to make sure she has something else going for her other than "foreign Myrmidon who cannot speak main language very well" (she's still going to be one of my main units because Swordmaster bias). If I end up liking her, she might be Byleth's spouse in another playthrough (who knows! Maybe I'll recruit her to another house).

I don't know what this says about me, but I'm a lot more comfortable with the notion of boinking my adopted siblings in Fates (other than Elise) than I am boinking any of my students. I'm not sure whether that's enough for me to avoid it completely if there were no other option, but unless I replay the game a stupid number of times (which I've never done for any FE game), I don't think it'd ever come to that.

On 7/8/2019 at 12:27 PM, Jingle Jangle said:

Still undecided I don't want the pre-release information to cloud my judgement. Same goes for the characters.

Between that screenshot and the Fire Emblem series's track record, I'm 120% expecting Jeralt to kick the bucket.

10 hours ago, KelluPato said:

lol like why should the Adrestian Empire be ruled by someone who is weak in two things, instead of someone who has no weaknesses?

And a hidden talent in armor? AND he can sing? Come on, Edelgard, you know you’re losing on this one.

1 hour ago, Digitibird said:

And a hidden talent in armor? AND he can sing? Come on, Edelgard, you know you’re losing on this one.

Ferdinand for Emperor 2019

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

I don't know what this says about me, but I'm a lot more comfortable with the notion of boinking my adopted siblings in Fates (other than Elise) than I am boinking any of my students. I'm not sure whether that's enough for me to avoid it completely if there were no other option, but unless I replay the game a stupid number of times (which I've never done for any FE game), I don't think it'd ever come to that.

I was like this early on, but I've come to see it as a weird outlier of a situation. I think it's less weird, particularly with regards to the time skip (and only in most cases), because you're the same age as (most of) your students, and it's not really a traditional high school - more like a military academy or vocational university (the vocation being murder). It would be like if you were dating that PhD student who taught your class in university, in my opinion.

Add in the timeskip, and I think all (read: most) weirdness is pretty much eliminated. The younger-looking ones is still weird because you knew and taught them as kids, but the ones who are the same age as you, I don't see any issue. Way less weird than dating the people you were raised to see as your brothers and sisters.

That being said, if Catherine is a bi option I am sticking to her.