• Hanneman
    • Seteth
    • Flayn
    • Cyril
    • Catherine
    • Alois (platonic S)
    • Gilbert (platonic S)
    • Shamir

After all, Lysithea is the youngest of the students at 15 years, so plus 5 years after the timeskip, all weirdness will be eliminated as all the students will be of romance-able age...

The students aren't as young as they look, unlike certain Fates characters...

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not about age for me, but the power dynamics. It's the same whether it be between student and teacher, or soldier and commanding officer. I mean, I love the music video for Lionel Richie's Hello, but it ultimately still feels just a little off to me and so I wouldn't go there as a first option.

Luckily I like the design of the other teachers better anyway so it's not even a dilemma in the end.

52 minutes ago, KelluPato said:

Ferdinand for Emperor 2019

Exactly, that's why Eldegard x Ferdinand will be my choice. Hopefully El will give up on throne peacefully, but if not poisoning someones mutton is much easier if you are close to your target. 

52 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

It's not about age for me, but the power dynamics. It's the same whether it be between student and teacher, or soldier and commanding officer. I mean, I love the music video for Lionel Richie's Hello, but it ultimately still feels just a little off to me and so I wouldn't go there as a first option.

Luckily I like the design of the other teachers better anyway so it's not even a dilemma in the end.

You know, I do actually wonder what the power dynamics really are in this case. Byleth's being given this teaching position because of some combination of their displayed abilities, their famous dad, and whatever Rhea might know/suspect. They're still ultimately a random outsider not everyone at the monastery is even sure they can trust (Seteth, for instance), so it's a bit hard for me to imagine Byleth could actually exert the kind of power you'd see with more conventional teachers. Doubly so when you consider that most of these students are scions of nobility or other wealthy families, some of which no doubt have much stronger ties to the church than a sellsword's son. And even that's assuming such power plays can exist with the student in question; many of them appear to be here solely to better themselves for when they go on to serve the roles they've already been guaranteed from birth, and an F on their report card isn't going to change that.

The only move Byleth can pull that's coming to my mind is maneuvering them to get killed in battle, but that's hardly limited to the students. Once Byleth's presumably leading the army in the war phase even the former teachers are at their mercy, just like everyone Robin and Corrin may have wanted to romance.

7 hours ago, Humanoid said:

There's a 5 year timeskip they'll no longer be students same as being a teacher and more a commander or leader so there's nothing wrong to begin with....

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

I decided! If other characters will not be able romance each other, Byleth will be solidary. Either everyone or noone. I do not aknowledge any special treatment for such stupid reason like being avatar. 

Edited by Tenzen12

I've stayed away from the hype train due to various reasons.  However, I admit I'm starting to approach the platform.  I was sold on Dimitri/Blue Lions from the beginning, but with the big flurry of new info recently...I'm starting to branch out a little more.  Perhaps I will give Claude a try as well.  Maybe.

34 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

I decided! If other characters will not be able romance each other, Byleth will be solidary. Either everyone or noone. I do not aknowledge any special treatment for such stupid reason like being avatar. 

I mean, if that's your hill to die on, go for it.

2 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

It may be a bit early to discount romance between students after the school phase, or the possibility of certain paired endings(though those may not be as satisfying as S ranks for some).

3 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

I couldn’t care any less. Byleth is so boring 

didnt ur whole topic about the whole romance and how u didnt care get closed why are u posting here if ur not pairing ur byleth good for u. Byleth is better than robin anyway.

Now that we know some of the non-students are romanceable (I think Flayn, Manuela, Catherine, Shamir, Alois, and Gilbert were confirmed options for m!byleth?) can we add them to the polll or should we wait for more confirmation/knowledge about all non-student characters? 

Edited by Brimney

2 minutes ago, Brimney said:

Now that we know some of the non-students are romanceable (I think Flayn, Manuela, Catherine, Shamir, Alois, and Gilbert we’re confirmed options for m!byleth?) can we add them to the polll or should we wait for more confirmation/knowledge about all non-student characters? 

I think if I wasnt so gun ho on Eldegard I would go for Catherine or Shamir on my first play though. But Eldegard and Byleth are going to get the Sumia x Chrom treatment which I dont mind. for someone the two give me Lyn X Mark and Lucina x Robin vibes lol.

4 hours ago, Ygg said:

It may be a bit early to discount romance between students after the school phase, or the possibility of certain paired endings(though those may not be as satisfying as S ranks for some).

I know it's too early discount it (that's why I said "if"), but honestly paired endings on A support would be good enough (I actually didn't consider that possibility) and I don't see difference between that and S rank personally.

I really want go for Catherine so I hope there will access to paired endings for students too.

Now that we have more information about who's actually an option, I've narrowed it down a little bit. For the Black Eagles, I'll be going with Edelgard, Linhardt, or Petra. For the Blue Lions, I'll romance one of the neutral characters (probably Catherine, Shamir, or Alois). For the Golden Deer, however, I'm debating on whether I want to play as male Byleth or female Byleth. I really want to be able to S Support Claude, but I also feel a little awkward when I play as an avatar that's not my gender. If I do go male, I'll romance either Marianne or Leonie. Of course, this can change a bit depending on post-timeskip designs and supports.

17 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

I know it's too early discount it (that's why I said "if"), but honestly paired endings on A support would be good enough (I actually didn't consider that possibility) and I don't see difference between that and S rank personally.

I really want go for Catherine so I hope there will access to paired endings for students too.

I agree. Even if S Supports aren't an option, I really want paired endings to exist for characters other than Byleth. Heck, doing it this way would also allow for platonic paired endings, which would be nice.

22 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

I have the same hope, but my question then is why Byleth would need an extra support level for romance, instead of doing something similar to S and A+ from fates, where they're the same level but different.

I think it could work really well though, and I'd love to have more platonic paired endings like we had in the gba games.

1 minute ago, BastienSoul said:

Now that we have more information about who's actually an option, I've narrowed it down a little bit. For the Black Eagles, I'll be going with Edelgard, Linhardt, or Petra. For the Blue Lions, I'll romance one of the neutral characters (probably Catherine, Shamir, or Alois). For the Golden Deer, however, I'm debating on whether I want to play as male Byleth or female Byleth. I really want to be able to S Support Claude, but I also feel a little awkward when I play as an avatar that's not my gender. If I do go male, I'll romance either Marianne or Leonie. Of course, this can change a bit depending on post-timeskip designs and supports.

For your Golden Deer run, I might suggest holding off. There's a good chance that someone will make a mod that supports more queer relationships. There was one for Fates.

2 minutes ago, firewitch912 said:

For your Golden Deer run, I might suggest holding off. There's a good chance that someone will make a mod that supports more queer relationships. There was one for Fates.

I don't know, it might take a bit of time for a mod to be created, especially considering that Supports are fully voiced and use 3D models. Of course, the mod wouldn't be able to add in voice acting, but I assume that something would have to be done in order to make the Supports load properly. Besides, I wouldn't want to risk anything happening to my Switch (especially since it's not just mine). Thanks for the suggestion though.

2 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

I don't know, it might take a bit of time for a mod to be created, especially considering that Supports are fully voiced and use 3D models. Of course, the mod wouldn't be able to add in voice acting, but I assume that something would have to be done in order to make the Supports load properly. Besides, I wouldn't want to risk anything happening to my Switch (especially since it's not just mine). Thanks for the suggestion though.

I figure they'll just have to reuse the straight versions (so essentially the same sex marriages originally in Fates). And it's fair that you don't want to risk your switch. Hope you figure it out (or we get a patch lol)

1 minute ago, firewitch912 said:

I figure they'll just have to reuse the straight versions (so essentially the same sex marriages originally in Fates). And it's fair that you don't want to risk your switch. Hope you figure it out (or we get a patch lol)

I guess that would be a possibility. A patch would be cool, but I'm not going to get my hopes up or anything. One thing I do have a bit of hope for is maybe there being one or two timeskip exclusive men who are same-sex options, and maybe the extras menu only shows the part 1 characters until after the timeskip.

I like to decide based on what I see in the game. We don't really know much yet. But physically, I'd be interested in Dorothea, Mercedes, or Ingrid. I actually like the non-students a lot more. Rhea, Manuela, Flayn, Sothis, and Catherine are more attractive.

Yeah Flayn is definitely going up there for me! her glow up in the war phase is gonna be amazing!(since she technically becomes a student a bit later after introduction since she's seen learning with others during seminars)

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

Now that we know for sure that we can S-support people outside of the students, order of priority goes:

1) Rhea

2) Shamir

3) Catherine

4) Manuela

5) Edelgard

6) Bernadetta/Ingrid/Hilda

Obviously all this is subject to change based on whether I like the support conversations leading up to S rank, but this is the general order I've come up with