• Catherine
    • Alois (platonic S)
    • Gilbert (platonic S)
    • Shamir

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably gonna go Dorothea/Mercedes/Rhea/Edelgard for Eagles/Lions/Deer/Eagles again if the leaks about Edelgard having two routes are true. If they aren't, then sorry Mercy, I'm stealing Dorothea to the Lions instead and going Edelgard on her route. 

2 hours ago, gangly369 said:

Now that we know for sure that we can S-support people outside of the students

First; sorry everyone that I haven’t been keeping up; I’ve been traveling.

Second; has it been confirmed? Where? When? If so, then I’ll update the poll as soon as I can.

49 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

First; sorry everyone that I haven’t been keeping up; I’ve been traveling.

Second; has it been confirmed? Where? When? If so, then I’ll update the poll as soon as I can.

Yes it has! a reviewer (Syrrene McNulty) revealed the m/m options yesterday, and they included alois and gilbert. She also hinted that Rhea and Sothis were f/f options like Thani said, so it appears that everyone can be S-supported.

16 minutes ago, firewitch912 said:

Yes it has! a reviewer (Syrrene McNulty) revealed the m/m options yesterday, and they included alois and gilbert. She also hinted that Rhea and Sothis were f/f options like Thani said, so it appears that everyone can be S-supported.

Thanks. I haven’t watched any of the previews/reviews because a) I’ve been traveling, and b) I don’t trust early reviews when it comes to the quality of a game. I’ll update the poll when I get a chance to do so.

With the news of the SSM options, I'm going to romance Alois in Blue Lions, Gilbert in Golden Deer, and Linhardt in Black Eagles. Outside of those, Manuela, Petra, Annette, and maybe kind of Mercedes are growing on me. For F!Byleth, I'm thinking of going Dorothea or Hubert in BE, Dedue, Mercedes, and maybe Felix or Dimitri in BL, and Raph in GD. I also plan on seducing Hanneman one time or another too.

Edited by aaronarium

• 2 weeks later...

Given new information I have to put on second spot. First gonna be Rhea for plot reasons (and I hope she will be playable given how much asses she can kick.) 

1)Rhea

2)Catherine 

3)Dorothea 

4)Sothis

5)Leonie 

6)Dimitri

7)Manuela 

Order can be shuffled based on order my houses choice, but Rhea will be first. 

Edited by Tenzen12

BL (first run): Dimitri

BE (first run): Edelgard

GD (first run): Claude

4th Route (first run or all runs): Rhea

Others: Sylvain, Ashe, Linhardt, Ferdinand
EDIT: Raphael. He's buff and awesome.

Edited by PrincessAlyson

BL: Dimitri or Felix (Female), Mercedes or Ingrid (Male)

BE: Dorthea or Petra (Male), Ferdinand (Female)

GD: Hilda (Male), Claude (Female)

Facaulty: Catherine or Manuela (Male), None (Female)

Not sure I will play as F!Byleth for all the Houses, but I`ve thought of options either way.

Since the game is coming out in 2 days!!!! I'll give my ultimate locks for my first Playthrough(especially more after glimpsing their supports):

(All 4 I'll of course will be Male MC)

-Black Eagles [Petra]

-Blue Lions [Shamir]

-Golden Deer [Lysithea]

Spoiler

-Church Route [Rhea] or [Flayn] I admit this one is gonna be close when I get to this!

Can't wait to explore others after this!(I'm gonna need more Switch profiles!)

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

Probably playing both Black Eagles' runs back to back (or maybe even at the same time).
- BE: Edelgard
- BE2: Rhea / Flayn / Leonie, maybe Marianne

Then probably going to skip Lions (I don't have that much time sadly) and maybe a fast Normal/Casual run in GD just to see it play out. In that case it's probably Leonie/Marianne, whichever one I haven't done before.

Though admittedly I haven't looked at timeskip designs except for a few, maybe someone will surprise me after the skip (if everyone grows like Leonie it's going to be difficult lol).

Edited by timon

Leonie is not only my golden deer choice but she's also my main waifu now.  She jump to the top, Especially after spoiling myself to her supports.  blue lion I'm doing a female route and going with Dimitri. Black Eagles Edelgard. 

Spoiler

Even Jeralt ships them lol

Edited by Aquarius

Ah it's tough, I love everybody.

I'll probably do Hanneman in Golden Deer, Seteth in Blue Lions, and Hubert in Black Eagles. But I'm still eyeing Dedue and Lorenz too. 

Edited by Brimney

After applying myself with all the leaks, S-Rank CGs and post-timeskip appearances, my marriage plans have slightly changed. Namely, I probably won't be marrying Alois and Gilbert even though they seem amazing because

Spoiler

apparently you don't really marry them, regardless of Byleth's gender, possibly because age difference and Gilbert being a student's dad (well at least I can suppose Alois was in love with Jeralt a la Titania)

So... I'm still going Blue Lions for my first playthrough. Notable units recruited from other houses include Dorothea, Raphael since

Spoiler

I love my sideburns,

Leonie, Lysithea and Petra. Also every BL but Dedue and Dimitri later on when playing other houses (btw, could someone tell me how recruiting students works exactly?).

So...

BL - Ingrid (from what I've read, I seem to be one of the few who love her post-timeskip design... heck, I probably like her even more

Spoiler

with short hair)

GD - Claude is on top of the list, alongside Leonie and Lysithea (whose artwork post-timeskip I find ridiculously good) and followed by Raphael. Possibly Annette as well since I won't be able to marry her in my BL playthrough.

BE - Hubert is probably the character that improved the most in the five-year gap. Dorothea is best Adrestian girl, probably best girl after Ingrid (maybe tied with her) and will most likely be my dancer in every playthrough (given that I intend to always recruit her over to my house when not playing Black Eagles) as she is tailor-made for the class (seriously, have you seen that dress?). Caspar's hot-headed nature reminds me a lot of myself, but he isn't really the type of character I would have my Byleth marry. He, Petra and Edelgard still get an A for Effort though.

Spoiler

Ok, so I know about the fourth path being BE exclusive, but I will probably recruit my fourth favourite husband/wife and marry them here, as I personally would never align with a corrupt religion and thus my Byleth will need a great spouse for physical and moral support.

That probably means Dorothea if I have female Byleth marry Hubert in regular BE (although that implies playing F!Byleth, and I've come to the conclusion that I will play the male avatar for once). If not, I might just marry Dorothea in regular BE and one of Annette, Petra, Leonie and Lysithea (excluding my GD spouse of course).

If everything goes according to plan, I should be able to marry 4 out of the 6 women I like the most in the game in my first playthroughs, while possibly replaying the game as F!Byleth (whose stocking I'm still undecided on being either weird as hell or some goth garment she looks perfect with) and marry Hubert, Claude, Raphael and another male - probably Alois or Gilbert (going for the gay option, seeing how it doesn't really seem to matter).

Small notes: Hanneman might be an option somewhere but he looks ridiculously tall (not in a good way though, more of a Slenderman way)

Spoiler

love the part of his backstory about his dead sister tho

Also I don't have a Switch yet but 3H, Pokémon, various ports/remakes and MK8 Deluxe (since the newest Mario Kart I own is 7, which I got when it came out alongside my first, glorious and at this point only 3DS). I'm not willing to give up my beloved Wii or dramatically underused PS3 for it though. Guess I'll bribe some rich friend.

Edit: Crap, I forgot about Catherine. She's up there with Dorothea, Petra, Annette, Ingrid, Lysithea and Leonie for my favourite females. That... might be a bit tough.

Edited by Goddess Serra

Golden Deer
-Claude (First run/playthrough)
-Lysithea (After the initial 4 runs)

Blue Lion
-Dimitri (2nd run of the game)
-Ashe (Unsure which of the two will be chosen 1st on my playthrough)

Black Eagles
-Bernadetta (third run of the game/playthrough)
-Hubert
-Edelgard

Church
-Rhea (Fourth run of the game)

Edited by axlorg89

I pretty much don't have interest in any character actually lol , at least not interest in the way of "I WANT TO MARRY HIM!!!"

Yet, since I decided to stuck with the lion cubs, I think I'm going to take Dimitri, because that poor boy need to be protected, yet I read his other posible endings with his different wifes and I liked them (specially one!!), but... I kinda feel wrong leaving my Byleth alone... SO!!!

But sorry Byleth, you will be a lone soul in every other route! Probably... Or who know? Maybe I can marry Cyril mmmm

Edited by SniperGYS

I've pretty much figured who I want for my first playthrough of each house.

Black Eagles with Bernadetta is first, then Blue Lions with Annette, and then Golden Deer with Marianne.

After that, I'll go with whatever else I like.

For me it's up in the air who I'll fully go with each route but generally it looks like this

BE: Highly likely Edelgard, maybe Dorothea or Bernadetta though if I like them enough.

BL: Annette might be my main pick, but I'm also open to either Ingrid or Mercedes if they impress me enough. If none of these 3 tickle my fancy I'll probably use this route to run with Shamir or Flayn possibly.

GD: Oh I am so going to make a female Byleth file for Claude *ahem* That aside on my male Byleth run I plan to go through it with Lysithea, Leonie, or possibly Marianne.

Extra: This route will be my Sothis file if nobody else in the game really strikes me too well. As per my user name, I tend to be very particular towards the manakete options in the game cuz...ya know, D R A G O N S. (Granted Awakening Nowi is one of my least favourite characters, but honestly we got Tiki to satisfy that itch so I'm good even if it sucks that Kozaki didn't keep her design more faithful to Nagi. Makes me feel like at some point in the millenium between SD and Awakening Tiki decided to cut off bits of her ears. Besides Tiki though Nn/Nah wasn't a bad pick either, especially considering she was the most well written manakete in that game.)

-Edit- According to implications above about Rhea and her part in the game, assuming my imaginations are correct (that I would fain hear more on for confirmation but now kinda don't want it spoiled) she might have a good chance to jumping to the top of my list.

Edited by Kanethedragon

I was just going to wing it, but with the various reveals about which (non-student) characters are available in the various routes, it means I might accidentally double up or miss out entirely if I don't do at least a tiny bit of planning. So I have a a spoiler-heavy question:

If I happen to end up on Edelgard's route, it seems it has the most potential for characters becoming "unavailable". Are there any teachers who stay with you if you go that route? Both for male and female Byleth since I haven't decided which I'll be playing if/when that run happens.