FE5 Build/Con for Tomes

Rezzy

Does Build/Constitution do anything for mages in FE5?  I've read that it doesn't, but if it doesn't, what's the point of having Con for Magic users?

In FE5, Build/Con is ignored when it comes to tomes; the full weight of the tome, when equipped, is subtracted from the wielder's speed. Don't know why Kaga and IS made it so when the Build/Con stat reduces or eliminates AS loss for physical weapons >_>

Edited by BLSoldier

2 minutes ago, BLSoldier said:

Build/Con is ignored when it comes to tomes; the full weight of the tome, when equipped, is subtracted from the wielder's speed. Don't know why Kaga made it so >_>

Thanks for the Confirmation.  Guess the rare Con level up doesn't really do them any good.

23 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Thanks for the Confirmation.  Guess the rare Con level up doesn't really do them any good.

Bld is still used for Capturing/Rescuing, I believe.  So while that Bld Level Up may not help with your magic user's AS, it should help them capture things more easily.  At least, in theory.  Most magic users never have enough Bld to be good at Capture/Rescue.  So you could argue that Bld Level Up is actually hurting them a little by making them slightly harder to Rescue.

1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Bld is still used for Capturing/Rescuing, I believe.  So while that Bld Level Up may not help with your magic user's AS, it should help them capture things more easily.  At least, in theory.  Most magic users never have enough Bld to be good at Capture/Rescue.  So you could argue that Bld Level Up is actually hurting them a little by making them slightly harder to Rescue.

I guess it's good for capturing enemies in melee, but they're usually still too low to capture anything but other mages.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I guess it's good for capturing enemies in melee, but they're usually still too low to capture anything but other mages.

Precisely.

And if I'm remembering correctly, magic-on-magic combat isn't even that good to begin with.  Or at any rate it's still easier just to use a physical attacker for capturing.

22 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

And if I'm remembering correctly, magic-on-magic combat isn't even that good to begin with.  Or at any rate it's still easier just to use a physical attacker for capturing.

I had no problems with Olwen killing all the Chapter 17 A/Augustus/Coastal route Thoron-wielding Mage Knight reinforcements. Pure Water boosting both attack and defense as a result of combining Mag and Res meant it let her ORKO them and shrug off the damage at the same time. 

Though yes it is better usually to swipe the tomes with a Thief or Capture the mages, you could always use more weapons in this game.

Olwen and Ilios's horses allow them to Capture anything while mounted, making Con even more worthless for them when spellslinging (Illios is good with a sword too though, which does benefit from his Con).

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

How inConvenient. This Confirms my Contemplation that tome users are being Conned in Thracia. This should be unConstitutional. It is inConcievable that tome users were treated as seCond class citizens in this Considerably less enlightened time. How Condescending. Thankfully, more recent Constituents of the franchise, such as Fire Emblem Fates Conquest have attempted a reConciliation for these inConvenienced spellcasters that Continues until today.

1 hour ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

How inConvenient. This Confirms my Contemplation that tome users are being Conned in Thracia. This should be unConstitutional. It is inConcievable that tome users were treated as seCond class citizens in this Considerably less enlightened time. How Condescending. Thankfully, more recent Constituents of the franchise, such as Fire Emblem Fates Conquest have attempted a reConciliation for these inConvenienced spellcasters that Continues until today.

Kaga screwed over mages first.

This was an idea of a balancing mechanism: Make it so that one stat is essentially useless unless one of the mages had Marty's Build growth. Not that they'd often be screwed anyway honestly.

11 hours ago, BLSoldier said:

In FE5, Build/Con is ignored when it comes to tomes; the full weight of the tome, when equipped, is subtracted from the wielder's speed. Don't know why Kaga and IS made it so when the Build/Con stat reduces or eliminates AS loss for physical weapons >_>

Probably because magic is busted enough as it is with Thracia 776 mechanics , and because magic weight would more likely be akin to spell complexity.