Three Houses live demonstration at Japan Expo (plus cute illustration!)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, User name said:

We finally get to see Ingrids stats. She seems to have 3 "con," once again working with my Str/5 theory. Also, the Short Spear seems to have 5 mt and 10 wt.

9 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

By the way, I don't know if this is the right thread for it, but it seems France gets a demo. 

It's about the Japan Expo in France, which is happening in 4 days. I wonder how much news there will be. They revealed the 4 secret jobs in Octopath at last year's expo, so there could be major information.

36 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

By the way, I don't know if this is the right thread for it, but it seems France gets a demo. 

Hopefully we get a bit of news maybe. Also that illustration is adorable

1 hour ago, Owain Dark said:

Wait what. I could go, theoretically, assuming it's not sold out...

A bit concerned it won't be worth being present though.

Time to move to France I guess.

So Ingrid and Lysithea, recruitment req's is a doggy got it.

Also that dog licked Edelgard, doggy is definitely clings to unreasonable ideas of attention, Edel please dont kill a doggy.

Edited by User name

5 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

Time to move to France I guess.

It's just a live, and I feel like there's a good chance this will just be the french version of the E3 build.

55 minutes ago, Cysx said:

It's just a live, and I feel like there's a good chance this will just be the french version of the E3 build.

I was under the impresion that the treehouse build was the full game.

But the gameplay that PlayerEssence posted is from the preview build for example, because its the same map and academy section that all other outlets had.

5 minutes ago, User name said:

But the gameplay that PlayerEssence posted is from the preview build for example, because its the same map and academy section that all other outlets had.

It's the same Demo, but let's hope the frenchies show something new from the demo. 

2 minutes ago, User name said:

I guess the term "build" was poorly chosen here, I do agree it's the full game. To be more specific, I'm concerned they'll just show the exact same two sequences again.

I'm trying to find how long this presentation is supposed to last, but it's not on the official schedule. Decisions decisions...

... you know, it's probably not happening again any time soon, I think I'll go.

17 minutes ago, Cysx said:

To be more specific, I'm concerned they'll just show the exact same two sequences again.

Oh dont worry, its going to be F.Byleth with Ignatz/Raph paralogue this time.

See totaly different!

And no you dont get to watch animations this time either.

3 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Those beast remind me of feral dragons from the gba games. Feels like it been a while since super enemy units that take half a squad to take down. I hope they are not frequent.

Difference being that it won't just be the protagonist + other main characters that can even hurt it.

If there's any comparisons I'd draw, it'd be either from the large beasts in Gaiden/Echoes or the big monsters of Sacred Stones.

Anyway...

I love seeing that picture of Edelgard with the dog because it makes you forget that she's the woman who spoke the words "we have no choice but to eliminate those who cling to unreasonable ideas of justice".

Also, forgot to give my piece on Tomas.  For one thing, quality name.  For another, he's literally gonna be the next Wrys, and I'm not sure if IS even intends for that to happen.  Seems like they didn't simply because this game seems to be much less meme-infested than the first two 3DS titles (which, as much as I do enjoy those games, I am grateful for; there are a number of things the series needs to take a breather on, two of those being the forced memes and offspring).

7 hours ago, Owain Dark said:

Using who are likely going to end up being the most popular girls from each house. They know their audience. 😄

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

Using who are likely going to end up being the most popular girls from each house. They know their audience. 😄

Edelgard is "grossly" given all BE girls are pretty popular overall, Lysithea maybe there's still Marianne and the other 2 but Ingrid I feel Mercedes will be a bit more but everyone so far is well liked this time around.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

Blegh, I sure hope they don't start catering only to fans of the utmost popular characters in this game.  There's enough of that crap in Heroes.  Sincerely, from a salty 'Boro fan.

And I don't know if Ingrid and Lysithea will be the most popular girls in their respective houses.  I could honestly see it going any which way.  Right now, my votes would go to Leonie and Mercedes.

11 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Blegh, I sure hope they don't start catering only to fans of the utmost popular characters in this game.  There's enough of that crap in Heroes.  Sincerely, from a salty 'Boro fan.

And I don't know if Ingrid and Lysithea will be the most popular girls in their respective houses.  I could honestly see it going any which way.  Right now, my votes would go to Leonie and Mercedes.

I'm just going off what I generally think is going to happen pretty much. Not saying these girls are my favorites, just what I think is generally going to end up happening.

I imagine Lysithea will be the most popular Golden Deer girl in Japan at the minimum though. Her personality and trope is pretty much right up their alley (and them giving her one of their highly regarded VA's will likely factor too).

2 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'm just going off what I generally think is going to happen pretty much. Not saying these girls are my favorites, just what I think is generally going to end up happening.

I imagine Lysithea will be the most popular Golden Deer girl in Japan at the minimum though. Her personality and trope is pretty much right up their alley (and them giving her one of their highly regarded VA's will likely factor too).

Doesnt really matter at the end of the day.

Plus too early to tell "popularity" over a image just meant to be cute.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

9 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

At least for the western reception, I feel like Marianne is the female in the Golden Deer that has the most people interested. Granted, I don't have exact numbers but her story seems the most interesting to me.

7 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I mean, Oboro was one of the most popular Fates females but they just completely dropped the ball with her in FEH, giving her a lackluster starting unit, with lackluster art, and then forgot she existed. But we can still have multiple Kagero alts, for two big reasons.

Going by twitter reveal engagement it actually looks like Mercedes and Marianne are more popular than Ingrid and Lysithea respectively. I didn't bother going back to look at Edelgard because that's a given. That's only a small portion of the fandom but still it's worth noting. We'll probably get a Japan only popularity poll as always, and then we'll know which girls will get all the merchandise and Heroes alts

3 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

At least for the western reception, I feel like Marianne is the female in the Golden Deer that has the most people interested. Granted, I don't have exact numbers but her story seems the most interesting to me.

I mean, Oboro was one of the most popular Fates females but they just completely dropped the ball with her in FEH, giving her a lackluster starting unit, with lackluster art, and then forgot she existed. But we can still have multiple Kagero alts, for two big reasons.

Is that really true? Her description says,  she is ultimate doormat and given both of her competitors are capable,  very assertive and at least equally attractive she is clearly loosing personality wise.

She can obviously turn to be super awesome character, but we can't know it's the case. 

Edited by Tenzen12

24 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Is that really true? Her description says,  she is ultimate doormat and given both of her competitors are capable,  very assertive and at least equally attractive she is clearly loosing personality wise.

She can obviously turn to be super awesome character, but we can't know it's the case. 

I was referring to her mysterious crest that matches the one on the bone axe Edelgard carries. It seems to indicate a deeper level of intrigue than most characters have shown.

Part of me is hoping they patch in dog and cat petting later down the line. Or maybe it's in the game, but not the builds they were showing.

I can't believe they've got fishing and tea parties but no stroking animals ^^;;;

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

Part of me is hoping they patch in dog and cat petting later down the line. Or maybe it's in the game, but not the builds they were showing.

I can't believe they've got fishing and tea parties but no stroking animals ^^;;;

Hopefully the amount of times it was asked about at E3 alone sent a clear message about the audience’s expectations vis a vis animal petting.

Breath of the Wild had it, and it was developed on Wii U. It should be a standard for every big Nintendo published game this gen.