Three Houses live demonstration at Japan Expo (plus cute illustration!)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, FuranSuwa said:

Fodlan is about 2/3 of Europe by size. You will discover the countries around it during the game. The 3 fodlan countries are united under Seiros to prevent invasion from the countries around.

That is very interesting. It makes me wonder just how strong those other countries are and if they have a beef with Fódlan.

I wonder if the game is so long that the "three way war" is not the last part, but after you've won it with your house you actually go to war as "united/conquered" Fodlan like it happened (in a smaller scale) in Awakening. I doubt it though, the monastery would lose relevance, and I hope it doesn't happen, the less world there is the more detailed world building there can be.

4 hours ago, FuranSuwa said:

I was there 😄

There are some stuff I noted during the presentation that i didn't really know about before. ( I noted very fast sorry if there are mistakes >< )

Reveal hidden contents

Fodlan is about 2/3 of Europe by size. You will discover the countries around it during the game. The 3 fodlan countries are united under Seiros to prevent invasion from the countries around.

The characters can refuse to have tea with you. There was a " 3 missing conversations" screen at the end, dont know what that means.

Using general amiibo gives items, using a Fire Emblem character will unlock their character music that can be used on free battles.

There is a "help class" option to recruit a student from another house for only a month.

There are beasts that take 6 squares. Difficult ennemies as beasts was a long time desire from the producers, just like the many fighters on screen.

Some notes: Petra makes very obvious mistakes with her grammar but tries to get better. The French localization seems nice. Dorothea said something mysterious during lunch (she feels like she liked that before, but doesn't quite remember) so maybe she has some secrets...

Finally, the producers tried a lot of new things and had to face many so they are a little stressed about the reception but hope we will like it. Also they consider each story line as a game so Three Houses is 3 games in one

Hey! Any clue about Edelgard/Dimitri stats? The stream changed angles and we couldnt see a thing.

We saw that class changing to Armor Knight got Edelgard points in Luck and Defense(at 15:43), but the game isn't in focus so it's hard to say how much she gained. That being said, if the bar in the middle is your stats total without HP or Mov(which matches for Edelgard, though it's a bit short with Linhardt), both here and in the material where she got +2 Luck by becoming a Brigand, she had 90 total, and considering it's the same build, chances are her stats are also the same, aka 35 HP, 16 Str, 10 Mag, 9 Dex, 12 Spd, 4 Mv, 6 Lck, 11 Def, 9 Res, and 17 Cha.

So Armor Knight raising both her Lck and Def seems to generally make sense if we assume that just like in Echoes, class changing doesn't give static stat boosts, but instead raises your stats to the bases of the class if applicable. To note though, is that while the first total before class changing we see matches, Edelgard going to Brigand raises her total from 90 to 94, yet she only got +2 in one stat. Also both Linhardt and Ferdinand have 1 more HP than they should once the gameplay starts, and no other character does. So there's more to it all yet.

I really wish we saw the numbers here...

Edited because I misremembered Linhardt's total matching with the bar when it didn't.

Edited by Cysx

Oh yeah another small thing I forgot to mention at some point the player quickly scrolled down on the classes category, the 4th tier was just a single case/line with a lock, probably because we cant acess it in the first act.

42 minutes ago, FuranSuwa said:

Oh yeah another small thing I forgot to mention at some point the player quickly scrolled down on the classes category, the 4th tier was just a single case/line with a lock, probably because we cant acess it in the first act.

Nice. Glad you were there.

46 minutes ago, FuranSuwa said:

Dude thats awesome! Thanks a lot for the info

9 hours ago, FuranSuwa said:

Using general amiibo gives items, using a Fire Emblem character will unlock their character music that can be used on free battles.

Hmm...  I have to wonder what themes some of the FE amiibos would give.  Like...

• Alm would obviously give you the battle map theme from his side, and Celica would give you the battle map theme from her side
  • Marth would probably give the classic Shadow Dragon map theme that's been around since the first game
  • Roy's might be the first map theme of Binding Blade; either that, or a Blazing Sword track, but I feel like they'd choose one that's actually from his game
  • Tiki's... I'd say might be the first map theme from Mystery Book 2's story, but it could just as easily be one of the other Archanean map themes
  • Corrin's... maybe would be Road Taken (the default grinding map music), but I really don't know what they'd consider to be "iconic" for Corrin's amiibo; also have to wonder if they'd do separate themes for the different genders, since there's one amiibo for each
  • Not sure on Ike's because I haven't played enough of the Tellius games to know which ones are iconic, but I guess one of the themes that were used/remixed in Smash would make sense
  • The Awakening characters are the biggest toss up for me; I know they'd probably do Conquest, but I don't know which character would have that theme and I also don't know what other themes they'd have

Either way, I think this feature's pretty neat.  Nothing over the top or lore-breaking, but also not just something that'll be immediately forgotten in the convoy.  Just a nice little "extra" thing that serves to sate those who are into the series enough to buy their amiibos.

14 hours ago, FuranSuwa said:

Hide contents

well, that's a little disappointing, I was kind of hoping for spirits like they did in Echoes, I'm beginning to feel like they are just getting lazier with amiibo integration

3 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

Hide contents

well, that's a little disappointing, I was kind of hoping for spirits like they did in Echoes, I'm beginning to feel like they are just getting lazier with amiibo integration

Amiibo in general are becoming a lot less necessary for a major title in Nintendo's eyes now; when Fates and Echoes came out amiibo were much more relevant and as a result that was a grab that they could've also used to sell the game. But now they are a lot less relevant they don't have that same pull so they don't feel as though developing models for each amiibo unit is worth it; but still want to make amiibo functional at least a little bit.

Yeah, as mentioned above, Amiibo seems to be becoming less of a priority. You don't see that many new ones being made outside of Smash these days and I'd say Nintendo is devoting less development time to using them.

13 hours ago, FuranSuwa said:

So it was just a line with a lock on it? And you couldn't see class sprites? 

5 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Yeah, as mentioned above, Amiibo seems to be becoming less of a priority. You don't see that many new ones being made outside of Smash these days and I'd say Nintendo is devoting less development time to using them.

Does anyone have any idea where the player does this? I've scoured the video again and not found a thing.

2 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Does anyone have any idea where the player does this? I've scoured the video again and not found a thing.

They don't do it, it's just a thing they mention.

9 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

They don't, but they talk about it inside the amiibo gazebo, called the pavillon amiibo in french. You can see it 1:18:20 in the day 2 stream video. I'm assuming the green orb is where you actually go to scan amiibo.

10 hours ago, User name said:

So it was just a line with a lock on it? And you couldn't see class sprites? 

Yes, I tried to find it in the replays but the camera is on the people talking at the time it happens. It looked kind of like this by memory :

Spoiler

FE3HClass.png.6bfd4ed7254470a237e54cdf471ce9bb.png

The player showed this very quickly and went back (like less than a second), I guess he wasn't supposed to show this. But I was hoping for them to show what's down so my eye was exactly at the right place when it happened.

Edited by FuranSuwa

30 minutes ago, FuranSuwa said:

Yes, I tried to find it in the replays but the camera is on the people talking at the time it happens. It looked kind of like this by memory :

Hide contents

FE3HClass.png.6bfd4ed7254470a237e54cdf471ce9bb.png

The player showed this very quickly and went back (like less than a second), I guess he wasn't supposed to show this. But I was hoping for them to show what's down so my eye was exactly at the right place when it happened.

Yes, thats what i thought, thank you!

A single line can hold 6 class sprites, so i originaly thought that T4 only had 6 classes, but it seams its just a locked segment, and the actual "Master" or "Expert" tier will have more than that. And its time-skip only, and you probably need to be lv 30 too.

Hell its even posible that T4 is not even the final tier, and there could be another.

Edited by User name