NoA showcasing FE:TH houses and their leaders in the weeks leading up to Three Houses’ release

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, redlight said:

I'm really starting to dislike Edelgard. I hope she isn't that cold-blooded

I see her being both cold at times, and warm at times. Depending on the situation.

Or at least that's the vibe I'm getting from her character here. 

Can't wait for Edelgard to summon three dragons and ride them across the entire continent setting everything on fire because you didn't choose to help her study to become a brigand. Linhardt looks cute in that cutscene, and I actually like Hubert better now that I know he's probably gonna be a tired sarcastic asshole who likes coffee lmao

Petra though... Not loving her speech patterns. That's not really how someone that's learning English speaks, though I guess it depends on what her mother tongue is.

4 minutes ago, Ranulfo said:

Petra though... Not loving her speech patterns. That's not really how someone that's learning English speaks, though I guess it depends on what her mother tongue is.

I’ve known people learning English who speak almost exactly like that, so it seems fair to me.

3 minutes ago, Disclaimer said:

I’ve known people learning English who speak almost exactly like that, so it seems fair to me.

Fair enough. To me she just sounds like a perfect American adding plurals where they shouldn't be, but hopefully that just means she's advanced enough in her learning that she'll speak almost perfect Fodlaner(?) after the timeskip. I'm sure that'd make her happy!

Hopefully I can figure out what house I want to pick first soon with hype finally starting.  Right now I am thinking Blue Lions and Dimitri since he seems to be the most bland house leader by what I have seen so far.  Plus I like his post timeskip art.  

Oh hey some actual advertising from Nintendo, that's nice to see. Note to self though, never go into the comment section whenever Nintendo's twitter posts anything about Fire Emblem.

Anyway, can't wait to see when they have Dimitri and Claude narrate over their respective houses.

13 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Interesting to note that Edelgard's future title will be emperor rather than empress. 

Not unknown throughout history. Jadwiga of Anjou was crowned King of Poland, for example. This was because the polish nobility wanted the ability to deny her betrothed, William, the title of 'king' without their consent.  Several nations, including Hungary, also simply had no legal provision for a ruling queen, but also no rule stating that the King actually had to be male. So to prevent succession crisis's, female rulers were still 'Kings'.

Could be similar in this case, or perhaps, given that Fire Emblem nations tend to have FAR more gender equality than any medieval nation, the title is something of a historical artefact. Perhaps one of the first rulers of the Adrestian Empire styled themselves Emperor, and it simply became tradition that every following ruler was also 'Emperor'.

Okay, let's not look too much into the threads that'll follow from NoA's posts, it's just a bunch of hateful troglodytes who only want Animal Crossing and Smash because I guess fuck any other game that isn't your absolute favorite.  As Edelgard once said (misquoted), "we have no choice but to eliminate those who cling to unreasonable ideas", the Nintendo fandom ought to be purged in Seiros's holy fire ノFNoX66X.png ノ彡 🔥:itsame:

Sorry Weegee fans, it's the only Nintendo emote I could find from SF's list, and I don't feel like making one myself.

21 minutes ago, Ranulfo said:

Fair enough. To me she just sounds like a perfect American adding plurals where they shouldn't be, but hopefully that just means she's advanced enough in her learning that she'll speak almost perfect Fodlaner(?) after the timeskip. I'm sure that'd make her happy!

People have mistaken Swedish voices for American accents.

I'm just saying, it's possible for non-American English speakers to sound completely indistinguishable from Americans.  I'm actually kind of glad they aren't going for an overt stereotypical-sounding accent or speech pattern, that gets grating at times.

5 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I'm just saying, it's possible for non-American English speakers to sound completely indistinguishable from Americans.  I'm actually kind of glad they aren't going for an overt stereotypical-sounding accent or speech pattern, that gets grating at times.

True, I'm also happy they're not going for an obvious stereotype. As a foreigner myself I just wish they would hire an actual foreign voice actor for these type of characters that have the fact they're still learning the language be such a huge part of who they are, instead of telling a natural English speaker to make a silly accent or not trying at all. But it's just a minor nitpick. This is a fictional country she's from so for all I know it could be an equivalent to Sweden in terms of language, even if her physical appearance doesn't suggest they were going for that.

Hubert and Linhardt, despite being the most boring looking from the outset are slowly rising up my favourites list. 

This makes me super happy for next week knowing we're gonna get Dimitri narrating something about the Blue Lions.

12 minutes ago, Ranulfo said:

True, I'm also happy they're not going for an obvious stereotype. As a foreigner myself I just wish they would hire an actual foreign voice actor for these type of characters that have the fact they're still learning the language be such a huge part of who they are, instead of telling a natural English speaker to make a silly accent or not trying at all. But it's just a minor nitpick. This is a fictional country she's from so for all I know it could be an equivalent to Sweden in terms of language, even if her physical appearance doesn't suggest they were going for that.

tbf, we don't really know what the casting of this game is like (I don't think we do, anyway).  For all we know, she may actually be voiced by a foreign-born actress who, as I said before, could easily be mistaken for an American voice.

Anyway, didn't actually say anything about the video itself.

For one thing, I like its style.  It plays much like an advertisement for the Black Eagles.

For another, I definitely relate to Hubert's likes.  Coffee and irony are indeed things I like.

I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store later on, even if it's just repeating information we already know for the most part.  If only because I'll get to hear whether or not the characters have quality voices or voices like you'd hear in the original Resident Evil.  Stop it...  Don't OPEN that DOOR!

Spoiler

Shoutouts to whoever gets that.

11 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

tbf, we don't really know what the casting of this game is like (I don't think we do, anyway).  For all we know, she may actually be voiced by a foreign-born actress who, as I said before, could easily be mistaken for an American voice.

Anyway, didn't actually say anything about the video itself.

For one thing, I like its style.  It plays much like an advertisement for the Black Eagles.

For another, I definitely relate to Hubert's likes.  Coffee and irony are indeed things I like.

I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store later on, even if it's just repeating information we already know for the most part.  If only because I'll get to hear whether or not the characters have quality voices or voices like you'd hear in the original Resident Evil.  Stop it...  Don't OPEN that DOOR!

Reveal hidden contents

Shoutouts to whoever gets that.

True, we don't, Here's hoping we don't get another Gregor or Athena!

Hopefully we'll get more cards with likes and dislikes from the other members of the Black Eagles before we go straight to the Blue Lions. I wonder if we'll learn about Bernadetta's hobbies, or if Ferdinands dislikes are "Empire" and "Edelgard" lmao

Edited by Ranulfo

5 hours ago, VincentASM said:

I think they rigged it. Petra does have a skill that boosts critical rate, but only by 20.

I don't think Hubert has anything. Now, I know there are high critical spells (like Ruin), but 100 is still pretty ridiculous XD

I mean, maybe they're right and it's support, specifically a gambit. It's not that much more ridiculous than +5 move for almost all of your team really.

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

The reason Swedes speak so good English is because of our comprehensive English education and our exposure to American media (that is usually subbed rather than dubbed). If you look at older generations, from when English wasn't as big of a school subject and American movies and television weren't as dominant, you get way more stilted speech and noticeable accents. Petra, by comparison, is explicitly unfamiliar with the Adrestian/Fodlan language.

Also reposting this from the twitter update thread:

22 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

This video made me realize something. There have been hints that Edelgard will get a second crest at some point in the game. Maybe Linhardt is the one that figures out how to give it to her and operates/oversees the procedure?

Edited by Druplesnubb

The Likes and Dislikes presentation makes me think of the COs from Advance War. Incidentally, I'm pretty sure Hubert is Hawke.

I'm not as sold on the voicework yet. I think the original Edelgard was better and Petra sounds more like she's an American doing "I can has cheeseburger" speech than a real foreigner. I know people are tired of Gregor or Athena types but I'd prefer she had an accent.

From everything I've seen Edelgard seems very self-righteous in the worst way possible, the kind of character that thinks they always know best and that the ends justify the means. I don't think this makes for an inherently bad character, but I have a feeling since she's being pushed as the game's main protagonist she'll never face any lasting consequences that force her grow and change because God forbid we suggest our hot wifu heroine is anything less than perfection. Maybe I'm just overthinking it, but I wouldn't be surprised if things pan out that way.

3 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Oh hey some actual advertising from Nintendo, that's nice to see. Note to self though, never go into the comment section whenever Nintendo's twitter posts anything about Fire Emblem.

I love seeing the responses to FE Tweets, it's just a bunch of Animal Crossing and/or Smash Bros. fans complaining that Nintendo's not showing anything new for Animal Crossing and/or Smash Bros. and then everybody else makes fun of them because they're being ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, TheGoodHoms said:

I love seeing the responses to FE Tweets, it's just a bunch of Animal Crossing and/or Smash Bros. fans complaining that Nintendo's not showing anything new for Animal Crossing and/or Smash Bros. and then everybody else makes fun of them because they're being ridiculous.

I swear, this is part of why I don't like Animal Crossing. It feels like, more often than not, it's fans are vicious.

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

I swear, this is part of why I don't like Animal Crossing. It feels like, more often than not, it's fans are vicious.

I really don't know how the Animal Crossing fandom become so toxic all of a sudden, cuz I remember it being one of the most chill Nintendo fandoms