NoA showcasing FE:TH houses and their leaders in the weeks leading up to Three Houses’ release

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really blame the exasperated on Twitter when their usual exposure to the series (besides Smash) is NoA's promotion of every Heroes event. Like this one got shared by some of my friends just for how on-its-face ridiculous it is:

Spoiler

When the most front-facing marketing of a Nintendo franchise for 11 months out of the year is impossible anime boobs, that's the impression of Fire Emblem the general fan will come away with. I saw one reply to the latest tweet that was just like "it's going to be a horny three weeks". Which is a shame because the designs for Three Houses are actually more grounded.

7 minutes ago, Lynsanity said:

I can't really blame the exasperated on Twitter when their usual exposure to the series (besides Smash) is NoA's promotion of every Heroes event. Like this one got shared by some of my friends just for how on-its-face ridiculous it is:

Hide contents

When the most front-facing marketing of a Nintendo franchise for 11 months out of the year is impossible anime boobs, that's the impression of Fire Emblem the general fan will come away with. I saw one reply to the latest tweet that was just like "it's going to be a horny three weeks". Which is a shame because the designs for Three Houses are actually more grounded.

Who cares for real those people complaining about FE aren't real fans anyways man just some complainers for real. 

20 minutes ago, Florete said:

ThrEe HoUsEs MaRKetInG hAs beEn TErriBle.

Told y'all you were being paranoid.

I mean, it was pretty poor until recently. There was no reason why they couldn't update the NA website at the same rate as the Japanese one.

34 minutes ago, Lynsanity said:

Hide contents

Naga is exactly one character. If people only care to focus on that one announcement to get their takeaway for Fire Emblem, that's on them.

1 hour ago, Timlugia said:

The next two weeks are probably even better: usually the soundtracks get leaked one to two weeks ahead on YouTube.

I'm hoping I can actually resist listening to the music tracks this time. Didn't resist for Fates and Echoes, and while that didn't have any real negative impact on my playthrough, I am hoping to at least leave sum of Three Houses as a surprise. 

2 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

I mean, it was pretty poor until recently.

1 hour ago, _Xavi_ said:

It was pretty lackluster until now.

It really wasn't, and this just goes to show it will be ramping up in the month before release.

Do you think we'll get a follow-up video that gives Dorothea, Bernadetta, Caspar and Ferdinand their bits?

12 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Do you think we'll get a follow-up video that gives Dorothea, Bernadetta, Caspar and Ferdinand their bits?

I'd be surprised if they didn't. It'd seem kind of strange to just leave it at the first half of the group.

4 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

I really don't know how the Animal Crossing fandom become so toxic all of a sudden, cuz I remember it being one of the most chill Nintendo fandoms

I'd say the fact that they've been cock-teased a lot lately with awful spin-offs like Amiibo Festival.

And then there's what @Lynsanity said.  Even as a FE fan, I get real sick and tired of hearing about FEH adding alts of the same 3-or-so busty women over and over again and again.  I imagine as someone who isn't a FE fan, and as someone who is watching the NoA Twitter like a hawk ever since the company announced an actual goddamn sequel to one of their favorite games (and not just another shitty cash-grab spin-off), AC fans would be ready to fling their fists at just about anything remotely resembling FEH.

Don't know about Smash fans, though.  They're spoiled as fuck - they've got practically everything they could possibly ask for an more - so I think they're just fanatical.  Not to say the AC fans aren't also being fanatical, but I could at least somewhat sympathize with them.

3 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

Naga is exactly one character. If people only care to focus on that one announcement to get their takeaway for Fire Emblem, that's on them.

I feel like that isn't really the point.  It's that the FEH news on NoA's Twitter is about as frequent as it is on this site, which is kind of ridiculous considering they have at least half a dozen IPs they have to juggle and, at this point, a number of actual new games coming out.

I get that NoA is trying to really push FEH, but I'll be honest, there's as such thing as too much advertising, and I'd classify them sharing every little goddamn update on FEH as such.  And there's a difference between bringing people news and advertising a product anyway, and I really think they ought to leave the former part to other FEH-affiliated accounts.  Again, even as a FE fan, it gets a bit exhausting.  It'd be the same if they came up with a mobile game for any of their other IPs and started making a post for every single little new thing that happens in it.

28 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

What Sentinel said.

I would understand if they just left it at Edelgard and Hubert, as those two are core members of the Black Eagles, but then going on to talk about Petra and Linhardt and no then no one else from the Black Eagles?  Yeah, that's weird.  I mean, they wouldn't at least mention Ferdinand, who has a straight up rivalry with Edelgard?  Or Bernadetta, who is one of the few students in the game - alongside Edelgard, Ferdinand, and Linhardt - who has a crest corresponding to one of the Divine Seiros Saints?  Or how about Dorothea, who I'm sure they know is already buried in Jojo memes?

I'd definitely be surprised if they didn't, especially considering they said they'd dedicate this week to the Black Eagles.  If they wanted to make it out to be a weekly thing without implying there'd be more throughout the week, they would've said "we'll dedicate one day of each week" instead of "we'll dedicate each week".  No, they said they'd dedicate the week to Black Eagles, I assume that means there's more to come.  Dunno when we'll get the next update, though.

5 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

From everything I've seen Edelgard seems very self-righteous in the worst way possible, the kind of character that thinks they always know best and that the ends justify the means. I don't think this makes for an inherently bad character, but I have a feeling since she's being pushed as the game's main protagonist she'll never face any lasting consequences that force her grow and change because God forbid we suggest our hot wifu heroine is anything less than perfection. Maybe I'm just overthinking it, but I wouldn't be surprised if things pan out that way.

I love seeing the responses to FE Tweets, it's just a bunch of Animal Crossing and/or Smash Bros. fans complaining that Nintendo's not showing anythi

ng new for Animal Crossing and/or Smash Bros. and then everybody else makes fun of them because they're being ridiculous.

It's not in worst possible way. She is future emperor so she need embrace that even further (and it suits her) . And that's fine, not everyone can be Disney princess like Claude. 

Edited by Tenzen12

3 hours ago, Florete said:

It really wasn't

Are you able to defend this position? The NA website is an absolute joke compared to the Japanese one. It offers little more to English speaking fans than "The game exists! Buy it!"

The dedicated fans on places like Serenes and Reddit have been in a steady stream of hype ever since the JP twitter starting posting weekly updates, not to mention the Famitsu releases. When we saw the E3 trailer, it blew our socks off because we were already engaged with the development of the game and excited for how the trailer changed our perceptions and expectations for the game. I think a casual fan or worse, a person who has never played a Fire Emblem game, would be scratching their head after seeing that trailer. It's like it came out of nowhere. I can't fathom why NoA thinks saving all of the promotion for the game for the last month or so is a better strategy than what Japan has been doing on their end.

Edited by NekoKnight

2 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'd be surprised if they didn't. It'd seem kind of strange to just leave it at the first half of the group.

At the same time, if they keep that model this leaves us with five presentation videos left just for the students, and potentially one more for Byleth, Sothis, Jeralt, etc. I know they technically have 23 days left, but they're cutting it real close here.

5 hours ago, Florete said:

ThrEe HoUsEs MaRKetInG hAs beEn TErriBle.

I'm not going to lie, I don't understand why you're doing this.

9 hours ago, Druplesnubb said:

Also reposting this from the twitter update thread:

9 hours ago, Druplesnubb said:

This video made me realize something. There have been hints that Edelgard will get a second crest at some point in the game. Maybe Linhardt is the one that figures out how to give it to her and operates/oversees the procedure?

I don't know why I didn't think of this before. That would be so cool!!

3 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

It's not in worst possible way. She is future emperor so she need embrace that even further (and it suits her) . And that's fine, not everyone can be Disney princess like Claude.

I'm not say she has to be a perfect Disney princess to be the main character. I'm just not optimistic that she'll grow in any meaningful way by the end of the story considering that's what happened last time in FE Fates. So if Edelgard turns out to be a self-righteous control freak who's unapologetic in her actions like I'm predicting, I don't think shes going to be the the most likable character unless she goes through an arc to temper those traits with humility or justice or something along those lines to make her a better leader and person. I am aware that this is all purely based off of my own personal assumptions from information released in promotional material that doesn't always give full context, but until the game is in our hands I can't really do much better.

15 hours ago, Ranulfo said:

Can't wait for Edelgard to summon three dragons and ride them across the entire continent setting everything on fire because you didn't choose to help her study to become a brigand. Linhardt looks cute in that cutscene, and I actually like Hubert better now that I know he's probably gonna be a tired sarcastic asshole who likes coffee lmao

Petra though... Not loving her speech patterns. That's not really how someone that's learning English speaks, though I guess it depends on what her mother tongue is.

And So was born Edelgard von Hresvelg Targaryen 

Lady of Dragonstone

The Unburnt

Khaleesi

Protector of the Adrestian Empire

The Princess That was Promised

The Dragon Queen 

The Crimson Queen

Edelgard Stormborn

The Queen Across the Land

Crimson Lady

Dragonmother

Lol

1 hour ago, TheGoodHoms said:

I'm not say she has to be a perfect Disney princess to be the main character. I'm just not optimistic that she'll grow in any meaningful way by the end of the story considering that's what happened last time in FE Fates. So if Edelgard turns out to be a self-righteous control freak who's unapologetic in her actions like I'm predicting, I don't think shes going to be the the most likable character unless she goes through an arc to temper those traits with humility or justice or something along those lines to make her a better leader and person. I am aware that this is all purely based off of my own personal assumptions from information released in promotional material that doesn't always give full context, but until the game is in our hands I can't really do much better.

That'd be the opposite of Fates though, every single character in Fates, leaders especially, were always portraied to be completely good. Edelgard is the Empress of the most powerful nation of the continent, I sure hope she doesn't turn out to fight for friendship and justice like Corrin or something like that. She has to lead her nation, that's not to say that she shouldn't have any values, but I hope she remains rational. For what we know up until now Edelgard is possibly one of the most interesting characters in Fire Emblem history, because she has a lot of sides to her, let's not take that away.

On the other hand, I don't think worrying that she'll be "too evil" makes sense, I mean she's one of the protagonist, she can't be. And we've seen from descriptions and trailers that she holds dearly values like friendship and peace, and I think especially for that reason she'll be interesting, being torn between her comfortable "school" days and her duty as leader.

1 minute ago, timon said:

That'd be the opposite of Fates though, every single character in Fates, leaders especially, were always portraied to be completely good. Edelgard is the Empress of the most powerful nation of the continent, I sure hope she doesn't turn out to fight for friendship and justice like Corrin or something like that. She has to lead her nation, that's not to say that she shouldn't have any values, but I hope she remains rational. For what we know up until now Edelgard is possibly one of the most interesting characters in Fire Emblem history, because she has a lot of sides to her, let's not take that away.

On the other hand, I don't think worrying that she'll be "too evil" makes sense, I mean she's one of the protagonist, she can't be. And we've seen from descriptions and trailers that she holds dearly values like friendship and peace, and I think especially for that reason she'll be interesting, being torn between her comfortable "school" days and her duty as leader.

It seems like Claude is going that way though after the timeskip

with the whole "To reach out our hands in friendship so we can open our true hearts to one another. That's how we win!"

6 minutes ago, EdelgardHresvelgTargaryen said:

It seems like Claude is going that way though after the timeskip

with the whole "To reach out our hands in friendship so we can open our true hearts to one another. That's how we win!"

Yeah, and that' precisely why I'm not going Goldeen Deers (that and Raphael, Ignatz and Lorenz lol). Though it has been said multiple times that apparently Claude does have more depth to his personality, so I have hope.

18 minutes ago, EdelgardHresvelgTargaryen said:

And So was born Edelgard von Hresvelg Targaryen 

Lady of Dragonstone

The Unburnt

Khaleesi

Protector of the Adrestian Empire

The Princess That was Promised

The Dragon Queen 

The Crimson Queen

Edelgard Stormborn

The Queen Across the Land

Crimson Lady

Dragonmother

Lol

GoT spoilers

Spoiler

I kinda feel like Dimitri is the Daenerys of this game?  Like his blurb about stopping the cycle of the strong trampling the weak is basically identical to Daenerys’ breaking the wheel speech.  Plus by season 8 she’s already way beyond “kill every last one of them”.   Edelgard’s definitely got a lot of similarities to her too, but his ideology is a lot more similar.