NoA showcasing FE:TH houses and their leaders in the weeks leading up to Three Houses’ release

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like the contrast between the lords. Edelgard is professional when talking about the members of the Black Eagles referring to them as co workers, not mentioning anyone as friends compared to Dimitri.

"I trust it will be the Black Eagles."
"And don't forget: the Blue Lions walk the truth path of justice."

What will Claude will say?

7 minutes ago, Marros said:

That is definitely Yuri Lowenthal as Dimitri, right?

It would make sense to me because Yuri and his wife Tara Platt do so many of their projects together! If she, in fact, is the voice of Edelgard that is!

The Blue Lions walk the true path of justice?

Shit, I think Caspar's in the wrong house, lmfao.

Dimitri's being given to misfortune and seemingly being warmer to his allies than Edelgard just further solidifies my opinion that he was inspired by Sigurd.

3 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

It would make sense to me because Yuri and his wife Tara Platt do so many of their projects together! If she, in fact, is the voice of Edelgard that is!

If "KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!" is really Yuri, I'll be very impressed. 😄

In any case, I'm really glad to see a lot of people liking the little bit of awkwardness in Dmitri's voice. I'll all too used to people criticizing English voice actors whenever a character has a sort of awkward voice.

So it's been brought to my attention on Reddit that we saw Ingrid's crest in action during the Japan Expo, adding +5 to her attack, just like Felix's. Well, that happens with Sylvain's crest here too.

As for Ingrid in this video, her crit deals x4 damage instead of x3, for... some reason. I don't think I've seen that yet.

Edited by Cysx

9 minutes ago, Marros said:

That is definitely Yuri Lowenthal as Dimitri, right?

It certainly sounds like Yuri Lowenthal, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not him. There are definitely some cheaper actors out there that sound similar to him that I've fallen for on multiple occasions.

Justice seems to be a theme for the young prince. Curious as whether or not his sense of justice will become deluded or he will remain adamant with a tinge of bluntness

He sounds so awkward and they really do sell his closeness with his friends so well. If I wasn't already commited to his house, this would seal the deal. His character shows so much promise, I am excited.

5 minutes ago, redlight said:

Justice seems to be a theme for the young prince. Curious as whether or not his sense of justice will become deluded or he will remain adamant with a tinge of bluntness

Perhaps a certain someone will have no choice but to (try to) eliminate him as he clings to unreasonable ideas of justice.

This intrigues me even more on the reaction of his friend to "the change", it seems that either he goes a bit too deep in the "justice" thing or he loses hope of justice and becomes lord of chaos, in both cases I wonder how his childhood pals will act.

Omg, wow. I love him. I'm definitely glad I'm doing Blue Lions first, though now I'm thinking is that going to be my personal 'canon' storyline too? Maybe.

He's so awkward and nerdy and cute and it makes that haircut of his even better because it really fits! Also going from that awkward kid to wanting to kill everyone?! Oh no. Edelgard already seems pretty business-like/ruthless so Dimitri's change is even MORE intriguing. 

AND the Blue Lions is the ONLY house where I like every single character a lot. From least favorite to most favorite to like ... BEST house as they've continued to reveal stuff. 

I also like the almost throwaway line, "I'm no stranger to misfortune" because ahhh. Hints at a dark backstory and I'm all for it.

I might be way behind the times here, but do crits deal x4 damage now? Because that's pretty huge if it is the case. I was sure it was still x3.

Edited by Onestep

Why do I feel like "dislikes fragile objects" will gain a darker meaning post-time skip?

Also, "The King of Lions" is an awesome title, and I do hope that we get some world-building about each nation's past. The banner of each house already has more meaning to it than what first meets the eye, and I hope details like that are provided throughout the rest of the game.

Now I am feeling really good about deciding to pick Blue Lions first, this gonna be interesting.  Of course I plan on playing through each house, but Dimitri so far is more interesting to me.  I do want to see the Golden Deer video next week before I 100% decide though.

1 hour ago, Onestep said:

I might be way behind the times here, but do crits deal x4 damage now? Because that's pretty huge if it is the case. I was sure it was still x3.

No, crits still deal x3. Ingrid here is the only example of a x4 I believe.

As to why, no idea. Gambits probably? They're kind of becoming the nanomachines of this pre-release for me. If something is unexplained, it's probably gambits.

3 minutes ago, Cysx said:

No, crits still deal x3. Ingrid here is the only example of a x4 I believe.

As to why, no idea. Gambits probably? They're kind of becoming the nanomachines of this pre-release for me. If something is unexplained, it's probably gambits.

Gambits, son. They do bullshit in response to trailer needs.

1 hour ago, Onestep said:

It was a thing in Fates, where special weapons with high crit rates (such as the killer weapons) deal extra critical damage over other weapons.

It's the same sort of deal here, except instead of a weapon it's something else that boosts crit damage.