NoA showcasing FE:TH houses and their leaders in the weeks leading up to Three Houses’ release

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to a podcast with USgamer reviewer at the 42:47 mark.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/axe-of-the-blood-god-fire-emblem-impressions
Starts at 38:00, the quote's at 42:47.
But of the three houses, it seems like Golden Deer are the most popular, because everyone's thirsty for the head of the Golden Deer house, and it seems like the best characters. And I was talking to somebody from Japan, and they were saying that the Japanese response is extremely strong and apparently Golden Deer has the best missions and the best map design
Oh really?
Yeah, followed by Blue Lions and followed by Black Eagles.

Pretty general without going over what actually is considered good map design. And not from the actual player, but interesting nonetheless. 

9 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Pretty general without going over what actually is considered good map design. And not from the actual player, but interesting nonetheless. 

now im not saying im biased but i knew black eagles were the worst of the 3

10 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I hope there's some twists then, because if Lorenz/Raphael/Ignatz are the best characters I fear for the rest of the cast...

Though gameplay wise I can see it be more interesting, from what we know Leicester is kind of an outsider in the war, so it could definitely be more intriguing.

2 minutes ago, timon said:

I hope there's some twists then, because if Lorenz/Raphael/Ignatz are the best characters I fear for the rest of the cast...

Though gameplay wise I can see it be more interesting, from what we know Leicester is kind of an outsider in the war, so it could definitely be more intriguing.

Lorenz is genuinly a great character from what we've seen so far though...

Ok i think that both Dimitri and Claude just suck at propoganda business. They lack  that "Join me I am the best" attitude that Edelgard had in her "propoganda" video.

So i will stil go BE>BL>GD, but i dont think those videos are ment to change the order you want to play each route, majority have already disided the order of how they gonna play, i think.
"

So, I guess those descriptions of characters are the ones you can already find in the game. I'm the tiniest bit disappointed by this. Still, they're really doing a great job with Claude so far.

Claude certainly had the strongest end message. 

''You? Me? Golden Deer? Could be great together'' 

There does seem to be a certain distance in how Claude describes the other students. He's not adressing them as his buddies like Dimitri does nor is he praising them as much as Edelgard. 

23 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Interesting that Claude doesn't talk that much about himself but still tries to say "we could be good together". What a crafty guy. I do not see Hilda being the number 2 like the other houses.

I actually think that Hilda may in fact end up being the 'unrecruitable' unit in the Golden Deer, since we've seen everyone else in exception of Hilda to have that option in certain gameplay bits.

A nit-pick of mine, but I also noticed a pattern in each of the House Introductions--this being that the 'retainer' of the leader is introduced first. Edelgard first introduced Hubert, while Dimitri introduced Dedue, whom are both known to be servants to the two heads. In this video Claude starts off with Hilda, which we can assume is the closest he has to a retainer. Perhaps a very close friend of his that refuses to leave?

4 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Claude certainly had the strongest end message. 

''You? Me? Golden Deer? Could be great together'' 

There does seem to be a certain distance in how Claude describes the other students. He's not adressing them as his buddies like Dimitri does nor is he praising them as much as Edelgard. 

Hhhmmmm...didn't think about it that way. Also...

That may or may not play into him "Disliking leaving things up to chance".

I'm very curious now...

25 minutes ago, User name said:

Ok i think that both Dimitri and Claude just suck at propoganda business. They lack  that "Join me I am the best" attitude that Edelgard had in her "propoganda" video.

16 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Interesting that Claude doesn't talk that much about himself but still tries to say "we could be good together". What a crafty guy. I do not see Hilda being the number 2 like the other houses.

I'm getting this idea that Claude might be be working with everyone because he has to and not because he wants to or enjoys doing so.

He might rely more on himself than other people because you know yourself more than other people.

Think about it...

Edelgard kinda views her classmates as co-workers or close allies, but you can still feel that there is "warmth" to her words when speaking about them.

Dimirti kinda views pretty much everyone as his friends because he feels so genuine with how he speaks about everyone. 

Claude's introductions seem kinda..."routine" ..if that makes sense. Essentially the introductions are "this is who there are and what I've seen. nothing else."

Although...he could also actually care about those in his house, but doesn't trust them in a deep meaning way like Dimitri or "we stand together united" like Edelgard.

It'll be interesting to see what he's really about.

I honestly feel Claude's number two being Hilda makes even more sense when you think about the three houses and the three retainers.

Edelgard and Dimitri are both fairly up-front and serious, thus their retainers are a mirror of that. Hubert is a ruthless cutthroat to aid his mistress's drive. Dedue is stoic and honorable to reference his master's strong chivalric image.

Claude is a trickster, he talks a good game but he has no intention of being forthright, he plays games and keeps his motives close to the vest. His retainer shouldn't be direct and upfront either, Hilda is probably just as into playing games and deceit as Claude is. Thus she's loyal, but either stating it outright would be too obvious, so they make fun of each other like siblings.