How are we all preparing for 3H's release?

So how are we all preparing both mentally and physically in these last few weeks leading up to Three Houses?

Personally; I'm going to start going into a mini-lockdown after the next Famitsu issue next week - apart from the tweets from the official accounts; I'll probably stop lurking around here 24/7.

I'm going on holiday the week before it comes out which gives me a distraction so I don't spoil but after I get back the final 5/6 days will be tough.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm playing through Radiant Dawn atm, once I finish that, I might continue filling out Awakening's support log (screw the father-child supports though).

I still gotta go preorder the standard version Three Houses though. I did preorder the special edition, but money is a little tight right now, and I can't justify £80 for the game, artbook, pins and a tiny selection of music that I can listen to on Youtube, so I cancelled it. It's a shame, because I do want it, but I gotta be careful with my money right now.

As soon as we get to about a week or so before release, I'm gonna stay away from here and the subreddit. For once, I don't want any spoilers. This is my most anticipated game in a very long time, and I want to play it blind. I didn't mind the thanibomb leaks because it helped rejuvenate my hype, but now I'm happy with the amount that I know.

I'm trying to wrap up my 100% completion run of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night before Three Houses comes out. I'm off of work the day that it comes out as well as the day after, so I'm planning on just locking myself away for those two days and then whatever time I can spare at home when I get done with work every day after. A week after the game drops I have to go work a conference in Tennessee for a week, so I'd like to make as much progress as possible before then

I do.... Basically nothing. I'm very hyped for this game and don't have anything to do. Which makes my life very hard.... It will be even harder, as soon as the first people get their hands on the game and I have to avoid spoilers by staying away from the internet. 

Planning a fanfiction on wattpad about a land that takes place in the same realm as three houses kind of using the academy thing,crests,and holy blood. Plan to be child characters this will tie into three houses story wise so, also there's no avatar for it.

Title: Legends of Divine Heroes

Main Lords: Nayuta (coming up with a last name for him) he's the son of two knights.

Aryana von(coming up with a last name for her too. she's the princess of(Coming up with a name for the kingdom)

I was support grinding FE: Awakening and Fates but I gave up on that to play Divinity 2: Original Sin with a friend. In terms of how I'm preparing myself for the game, I can't contain my excitement for the game so I'm constantly scourging for new 3H news. Hopefully my Divinity play through occupies my time till then so I can have some level of blindness to game's mechanics.

Didn't know the game comes out this July.
In any case, I haven't heard anything yet that suggests that this is a release to be exited for. I know the Avatar is back, Pair Up is back, it's a literal high school anime now instead of the characters merely acting the part...
So my plan for now is wait until after the game's release when all the info is out. Then I'll look into whether or not there is anything worthwhile about the game.

Edited by BrightBow

I'm sacrificing a baby orphan to occupy my restless days, that and constantly re-reading and watching every piece of Three houses media released.

Ignoring it entirely. As inasmuch as one can on an FE fansite, which means inevitably seeing the headlines on the front page, which cannot be avoided. But I don't read any further than the headline. I've been doing this almost since the game's announcement, but its grown after a few worrisome details came to light.

Hype is the enemy. I want to put barbed wire around its neck, to stop on its feet in stilettos, pour hemlock down its throat and then choke it with its severed right hand, ending with stabbing a butterknife through the heart, acid to devour the entire body, and then throw the remains in a weighed bag into the Marianas Trench. 

Hype leads to speculation and expectations, those lead one to potentially experience greater disappointment. I do not want disappointment, so I wish to be as anti-hype as I can. It won't stop all disappointment, but it should curtail the quantity.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

Didn't know the game comes out this July.
In any case, I haven't heard anything yet that suggests that this is a release to be exited for. I know the Avatar is back, Pair Up is back, it's a literal high school anime now instead of the characters merely acting the part...
So my plan for now is wait until after the game's release when all the info is out. Then I'll look into whether or not there is anything worthwhile about the game.

It's almost like you stopped looking at anything related to the game after the first trailer dropped in E3 2018 and then made assumptions about the game. Also, military school does not equate to high school.

Edited by zuibangde

By not playing FE, or at least not the ones I've played a hundred times over.  I'll still chip away at the FE's I haven't beaten (probably), but I'm staying away from Awakening and Fates for fear of growing stale with the series.  For the most part, I've picked Fantasy Life and some other games back up and have been playing through them to pass the time.

At the same time, I have been following news, mostly just to get bios on all the characters and monitor how well the game is being marketed.  With that, I've been biding my time for the characters I'm more interested in, getting into arguments with other FE fans for no good reason, and somehow trying to keep a cool head through it all.

When the game comes out, I'll possibly see about making a spoiler-free first impressions thread similar to what I did with Echoes, assuming of course someone else doesn't beat me to the punch.  Besides that, I'll avoid the internet for the most part until I've gotten a good ways through the game.

1 hour ago, SpiceMan said:

I'm sacrificing a baby orphan to occupy my restless days

The Loptuous Sect would be proud of you.

4 hours ago, Onestep said:

Personally, I'm slowly collapsing into a writhing tangle of impatience, desperately resenting every day between now and 3H release.

I'm in this category as well. I may stop lurking for a bit, I'm not sure yet. I have no other games I'm playing right now, so my attention will be solely on Three Houses when it arrives. I pre-ordered the special edition a while back, so it should arrive at my door when the game comes out. Very excited, but still cautious. 

I've been avoiding playing FE since I don't wanna be burnt out of FE since that tends to happen to me if I play FE too much and with how this game is essentially gonna need 3 playthroughs, I'm gonna be very burnt out.

Other than that I've just been planning what to do with my units and speculating to myself and hyping myself up in general.

By playing other game series and by reading too many fan translated Chinese novels and werewolf stories on Wattpad.  Also, figuring out what I am doing for my Bday even though my mom and dad are the only 2 people who will spend time with me on that day, I think I will have a Lupin the 3rd marathon to keep my mind off having my Bday 2 weeks before I can play 3Hs.  I will be avoiding news unless it involves what the choice means for story since I am still thinking about which house I will choose first.

I stopped looking into all info other then character profiles since after E3. i still want the game to be a surprise and me not to understand everything going into it. I wanna make sure my first run is still considered a blind run. 23 more days!

I definitely think I've seen enough and don't need any more articles or posts in this sub forum. There's just so much info out there to keep up with and I'd rather spend that time elsewhere and experience that information naturally through gameplay. Also the influx of Guests and people logging into dusty accounts results in a lot of you guys and your weird headspaces that it's hard to hold a conversation when nobody's on the same page. Instead of "oh this is like this other fire emblem" it's always "oh this is like one of my animes". 

Back in May I did play FE1 on my Switch. So I'm happy to say I played a FE for the first time during the wait. I've also left a Hector Normal Mode run at chapter 27 I should probably finish. I've never had HHM unlocked on this copy and I want to play that one of these days.