How are we all preparing for 3H's release?

I'll stop lurking here and on Twitter from Monday on. Ordered a ps4 and FFXV for distraction, 20 days vacation is ahead. And the day I come back from it, I'll crash into my game store. Grab that pre-ordered EU LE. Tgrow money at them. And will be offline everywhere til I've 100% fe16. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will probably stay online and read/watch everything that gets shown. Maybe that will help me decide who I want to recruit and who will study for which class. Although that will probably change while playing.  Also...I still need to see if Ferdinand stays handsome.

And I will most likely prepare some small "guide books" where I will note down anything I do not want to look up everytime but may need occasionally. Who knows how many lost items there are and stuff like that.

I won't play on day one and I'm counting on post launch info. On one hand I'd like to go in as blind as possible, on the other hand I do want to see post timeskip designs and know how the whole recruiting goes down, so I can start with knowing who to get. I'll also probably look up a guide of missable recruitments like I did in past games, all of this while trying to stay free of story spoilers.

just chilling with friends

constantly checking my email to see if I got a job offer from the city

playing Langrisser M

updating my MTG Cube

producing memes for R/Magicthecirclejerking

I'm just killing time overall, I'm no where near as hyped for this as I was the last 2 games

Edited by Captain Karnage

Sadly avoiding this site and the subreddit. I ended up spoiling myself on Fates and Shadows of Valentia, so its time to actually do a proper blind play-through. Thankfully, work keeps me more than busy, so I have no time to pause and speculate or be tempted.

Oh, and fervently hoping that gamestop doesn't mess up the special edition pre-orders again.

Whenever Famitsu and the Twitter bios stop, that's when I'll take a leave.

I'd like to leave much of the game a surprise. Hopefully I'll actually resist whenever someone puts the entire OST on Youtube this time.

I'll continue looking up Three Houses information, including leaks and datamines. I'm one of those people who prefer to know almost everything instead of being blind for raw reactions. (How things connect together is a bit more enjoyable than plot twists and the like.)

In the meantime, I'm trying to finish my Battle for Wesnoth campaign. I'm in the middle of mapping the final scenario and then I can get to work on coding for unit placements, story text, and map events. After that is playtesting and the release on the Wesnoth add-ons server.

When Fates started getting in the hands of people in Japan, I left, because I knew the game wouldn't come to Europe for a long time, at best. But this time there's no such thing... and I've involved myself too much in the pre-release process, written documents, have specific daily theories, there's the character sticky that I really like to try and keep up to date at all costs for some reason, so, basically... there's no salvation for me this time around. If it affects my enjoyment of the game too much in the end, I'll know to do things differently next time.

My hype has also been sustained for maybe a bit too long at this point, one could say it's plateaued a little, or maybe I've just spoiled myself too much. Either way I'm fine waiting, doing other stuff. Just finished Bloostained, which I really wanted to like more than I did; I'll blame the Switch version I guess. Still really glad it seems successful.

I'm pretty indifferent about spoilers, I neither seek them out but nor do I make any real effort to avoid them. I'll wait 2-3 days maybe after release to gauge how well it's received before taking the plunge, and then when I start playing, it'll be a slow process. See, for me mainline FE is sort of a multiplayer experience, I'll get on Skype with my sister and together we'll play 1-2 chapters a night until we're done with the game.

Until then, I'm not doing anything special at all, work as usual, sleep as usual, play as usual. FEH's July legendary banner will be out pretty much the same time as Three Houses and I'll sink my 600-ish orbs into it in an attempt to get Legendary Azura, and after that I might wind down my participation in the game a bit because I'm getting burnt out again. I'm playing FF14 (only one month in) at the moment, but the only other game I'm looking forward to in the nearish future is The Outer Worlds, and that's not until October. Plenty of time to burn until then. Might get Civ6 Gathering Storm finally, and am looking forward to the new start date in Crusader Kings 2.

I'm currently replaying Fates. I also should try to finish Kirby: Star Allies and Apollo Justice.

My main concern is that I'm going to Alaska a day after 3 houses launched, which means I'll have to wait a week before I get my special edition. I might buy the a Digital version and give the physical copy that comes with the Special edition to my brother who also has a Switch. I very hyped, and I really don't want to be spolied on vacation.

Keeping up with TH news mostly, I'm actually fine with being spoiled, then I'll be less confused on what to do in the game when I get it.

I haven't played an FE game in a while, so I recently did a Difficult run of Sacred Stones on Eirika's route, and I'm having a ton of fun. I miss classic FE after playing Conquest and Echoes to death, so it's refreshing to play an FE that isn't too complex or 'out there' like Echoes. If I finish it too far from TH's release, then I might play another FE, maybe FE7 or FE6, the latter I never beat.

Oh also playing a ton of persona 5... more on just trying to get plat before that remake comes out... since it’s not due till 2020 I thought I had plenty of time but with three houses almost out I know where most of that time will go XD the only annoying part is that I have to do a third playthrough to get one of the trophies now...

And done! Three Houses + the Expansion Pass bundle purchased; managed to get approximately £8 taken off of it due to Nintendo Gold Points so that's a blessing! Download is nearly halfway done now and then we have 3 weeks of hell to wait! Cannot wait!

Curling up in a fetal position in the corner and crying

But all joking aside, I'm waiting for this and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 to come out. I've been anxiously anticipating both games since they were announced both are so close but still feel so far. The wait is driving me nuts! 

I'm not doing much besides blocking any word that could allude to Three houses on youtube so that a video doesn't appear out of nowhere with a title like "The death of X character" or "Fire Emblem Three houses Final boss" on the release day...

I'll have dragon quest builders 2 to keep me occupied. actually kind of mad both games are releasing so soon together, since I'm def not going to finish DQB2 before 3H comes out...

I'm getting Hollow Knight on the 12th, and also received some books I ordered, so gonna read some of those too.

I will try to avoid looking too much info from now on but I think I'll still browse the webs. The thing I'm most worried about is YT thumbnails.

I've recently got back into Octopath Traveler so I'm about to finish the final Chapter 3 I've got unlocked and after that it's onto the Chapter 4s and unlocking the Secret Jobs! I'll probably get that done for 3H.