How are we all preparing for 3H's release?

Sleeping and getting through my reading list until I finish The Count of Monte Cristo. Honestly I'll get around to Three Houses eventually for I'm not chomping at the bit to get it. 

Edited by Wraith

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to finish Breath of the Wild because I know once 3Hs is out, I probably won't pick it back up again until the sequel (or at least until I've gotten pretty far into 3Hs)

I also have a notebook set aside for 3Hs. I'm the type who likes jotting down little notes for the games I play, especially if it has a lot of content or it's a long game. Right now I'm just putting down rough idea of what classes I'd like to make the Blue Lions into.

No preparation at all. No hype whatsoever.

I was excited about the game when I saw the first trailer, about a year ago. I even remember feeling a bit anxious for not having someone to discuss it in person those days.
But everything that I saw afterwards changed my opinion, for worse. The 'social' activities, the calendar, most character designs, most character 'personalities', the stripper hat... even the final mix of the theme sounds worse to me than its trailer mix. I stopped following the news months ago, for every new thing kept disappointing me.

Fortunately I have not being spoiled about its gameplay, which is the asset that I value the most in a tactical game. So, who knows! Maybe Three Houses will have the most engaging, challenging maps in the series and become my favourite game. Fingers crossed.

Q: Why would you get a game that makes you feel such indifference? A: Atmosphere.

3 hours ago, oolieong said:

I also have a notebook set aside for 3Hs. I'm the type who likes jotting down little notes for the games I play, especially if it has a lot of content or it's a long game. Right now I'm just putting down rough idea of what classes I'd like to make the Blue Lions into.

Aw, man, I take notes too! You are such an educated, remarkable person.

I scribble all over the page and keep the filthy notes around for weeks. But... I throw them away once the campaign is finished!
In my head, destroying them will make me forget the details, so that I can enjoy my next campaign in wonder. (Gee, memory does not work that way, and I do not really trick myself. But I still enjoy taking some notes while playing Conquest. And I have completed it over a dozen times. So, there is that.)

I am making/ have made plans to fill up as much of my time as possible leading up to the release. My goal is to avoid spoilers especially all story spoilers. I've made plans with friends for dinners, cook outs, movies, and a mini vacation. If I keep busy the time will hopefully keep flying by. I do really like threads about people receiving their games in the mail but spoilers usually leak before those threads are made. Good luck to all of us who are trying to avoid spoilers.

By working, but that doesn't help my excitement for my spare time. I just finished the second A Song of Ice and Fire book and will probably move on to the third soon, so that might help.

Edited by Thane

Ive got family visiting for over a week, so thatll keep me preoccupied until release week at least. Not sure what Ill do during release week lmao. Last day is always the worst.