Byleth gets new costumes + Expansion Pass/four waves of DLC confirmed

You can pre-purchase this stuff now! ^^

These new outfits look great too! ...Well, aside from male Byleth's weird short pants. It looks like he picked a pair that's too short/small. But otherwise, so glad female Byleth ditched the weird leggings and belly button hole.

I'm going to get a physical copy of the game though, so I'll buy the Expansion Pass later. I have a few eShop cards saved from my birthday and Christmas too! I was undecided on some things before hand (such as choosing between the Smash DLC and Xenoblade 2 Torna expansion), so yeah. But now the decision is easy since I have three $20 eShop cards!

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll get the expansion pass when I get my copy at Gamestop on release day.

Edited by Bloom

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

I feel people will buy the DLC JUST to get the costume change for F!Byleth.

But... for real, I think there's an issue with there being DLC bought on the same day that we get the physical game.

Yeah, but hopefully there's a way to get the costumes later on without pre-purchasing on the eShop. I like my physical copies.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

I feel people will buy the DLC JUST to get the costume change for F!Byleth.

That is EXACTLY why I am buying it.

I don't want to look like a damn stripper on the battlefield.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but hopefully there's a way to get the costumes later on without pre-purchasing on the eShop. I like my physical copies.

4 minutes ago, Bloom said:

I admit, F!Byleth DOES look really cute in that outfit. And looks more prefessor-like.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

I admit, F!Byleth DOES look really cute in that outfit. And looks more prefessor-like.

She looks more appropriate for school, yeah, though I'd say she looks more like a student for some reason due to the skirt and long socks. Those are stereotypical female student uniform clothes.

8 minutes ago, Bloom said:

I'm glad your problem is going to be fixed - my lack of interest in the men in this game isn't something DLC can fix so easily.

Unlike SOME people I was never on the “fEMaLe bYleTh SuKs” hate train (quite the contrary I adored it), but I gotta say I really got something for the new outfit as well. She looks pretty dang cute.

The guy looks kinda dumb tho, but I was never huge on him from the start.

New story content huh? Let's hope that story content is more Torna ~ The Golden Country and less Champion's Ballad.

15 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

But... for real, I think there's an issue with there being DLC bought on the same day that we get the physical game.

I read it as "these costumes are available on Day 1, not "they are Day 1 exclusives". Even with Koei Tecmo involved, Nintendo doesn't like to do Day 1 exclusives.

I don't think regular female Byleth sucks, I like her hair, face, and most of the outfit. I'm just not fond of her belly button showing or those weird leggings.

For me, a sucky avatar character design is male Corrin. xP

Just now, Anacybele said:

I don't think regular female Byleth sucks, I like her hair, face, and most of the outfit. I'm just not fond of her belly button showing or those weird leggings.

For me, a sucky avatar character design is male Corrin. xP

The core of male Corrin's design is top tier. The armor, cape, and everything is extremely well done.

It's the tertiary elements (the bare feet, the stupid hair, the silly chainsaw sword, and just trying to roll too many things into a single character) that kill it.

4 minutes ago, Etheus said:

The core of male Corrin's design is top tier. The armor, cape, and everything is extremely well done.

It's the tertiary elements (the bare feet, the stupid hair, the silly chainsaw sword, and just trying to roll too many things into a single character) that kill it.

To be honest, I never liked Corrin's armor and outfit. Reminded me too much of a bodysuit with how slim it was.

I was expecting a bunch of DLC, but I wasn't sure when they would announce it. The Expansion Pass costs $24.99, which is the same amount as Smash Bros. Ultimate's Fighter Pass and cheaper than Xenoblade 2's expansion pass. At least it isn't more expensive than the game itself this time!

I still haven't bought the Fighters Pass, so I'll wait and see if this DLC is worth it before buying. Hopefully it will come with Fire Emblem: Three Houses ~ The Golden Country, or some similar expansive additional content.

27 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

To be honest, I never liked Corrin's armor and outfit. Reminded me too much of a bodysuit with how slim it was.

Yeah, I don't like the armor and outfit on Corrin either. And male Corrin is way worse than his female self because of his dumb hair and stuff.

37 minutes ago, Silverly said:

Unlike SOME people I was never on the “fEMaLe bYleTh SuKs” hate train (quite the contrary I adored it), but I gotta say I really got something for the new outfit as well. She looks pretty dang cute.

I never said she sucks, but her outfit sure does. 

38 minutes ago, Silverly said:

The guy looks kinda dumb tho, but I was never huge on him from the start.

M!Byleth looks really simplistic and cool imo! His standard outfit is better than his DLC outfit (weird short ankle showing pants why???) and overall I like both the protags. I just wish they didn't go with the bellybutton showing and floral lance stockings for F!Byleth. Ugh.

fByleth outfit looks better than her default but the male version looks worse. I can't win them all I guess. Good to know that the dlc plans for the game is more condensed than the previous games. Please don't make the final dlc a 4th route.