Byleth gets new costumes + Expansion Pass/four waves of DLC confirmed

Why comparisons to Torna when you can make comparisons to Rise of the Deliverance?

Looking at the proposed contents of the pack, I'm surprised the "auxiliary maps and helpful support items" are wave 2. Grinding maps sound like something you'd want to release day 1, not months later. The story content presumably has more playable characters, which is exciting. Maybe we'll take the role of units that are normally NPCs, or even villains. As for the price, 25 dollars is definitely an improvement for this series. I think the lowest we've ever been was 45, always exceeding the base game's price. And since the content updates roll up through April of next year it feels unlikely they're going to do a second season. So at this point, cautious optimism regarding Fire Emblem DLC? Very unexpected.

Edited by Glennstavos

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people hate those graphics, that much ? They're fine, not perfect, but fine.

Really guys ? Costumes DLC ? Like, really, really ? Are they seriously doing this... ? Okay, fine ! Whatever ! 'Avatar is not customizable' that's why they put freaking costume DLC.
Can you tell that my eyes are rolling ? Can you felt the salt ? 😛

Not really a fan of those costumes though, F!Byleth still look dumb imo.

Edited by B.Leu

5 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Looking at the proposed contents of the pack, I'm surprised the "auxiliary maps and helpful support items" are wave 2. Grinding maps sound like something you'd want to release day 1, not months later. 

While I agree yeah it would've been useful for grinding auxiliary maps to be released day 1; I'm glad they didn't pour much pre-release development time into the DLC maps as they would've done if the maps were released day 1; just to give more focus to the base game.

4 hours ago, Hauke said:

I'm one of the few who actually isn't really into the new outfit for F!Byleth... Looks more like a school girl for me than a teacher.

To be fair, these are their outfits if they were students at the academy. So looking like a school girl makes sense XD

So now that we know the DLC schedule, will Wave 3 have the obligatory beach and hot spring chapters? Probably with swimsuit and yukata as permanent costumes? Hopefully the popularity polls will be released outside Japan this time.

16 hours ago, Bloom said:

That is EXACTLY why I am buying it.

I don't want to look like a damn stripper on the battlefield.

You mean like Dorothea? Or the Spanish teacher?

One stupid stripper hat was awful enough. Now we got two. Dear God.

5 minutes ago, starburst said:

How does Dorothea look like a stripper lol, she's got a completely normal outfit, the fact that it's not closed up to the neck like some of the other doesn't mean she's a stripper jesus.

I mean even Manuela is a lot less than what we've seen in the (very recent) past.

1 hour ago, starburst said:

Huh. The fuck is a stripper hat? lmao. If anything she has a Jojo hat.

F!Byleth literally walks into an academy with her bellybutton showing, hot pants, and the ugliest "floral" print tights ever.  

2 hours ago, timon said:

How does Dorothea look like a stripper lol, she's got a completely normal outfit, the fact that it's not closed up to the neck like some of the other doesn't mean she's a stripper jesus.
I mean even Manuela is a lot less than what we've seen in the (very recent) past.

Because until yesterday Dorothea was the only one wearing a stripper's hat! Now we got the YMCA version.

Honestly, that stupid stripper hat is the single most annoying thing which I have seen of the game (I have not been following the release closely, mind you.)
And Dorothea's cleavage is not unlike 'some others', she is the only one student with her tits out!

I guess that I simply dislike Dorothea and her stupid stripper hat. Now I can add YMCA Byleth to the list. That is all.

Edited by starburst

Went ahead and coughed up the cash, and bought the season pass. I used some of my gold points for a discount too so in the end it was about €17

59 minutes ago, kerwinbm11 said:

You weren't going to be wearing the teacher garb for f byleth past level 5 anyways. Only during monestary section and cutscenes.

This, not sure why people keep saying they need to buy DLC to get different F!Byleth looks.

Level 5 should be fairly quick to achieve in the game, and that DLC dress also won't help animated cutscene anyway.

(I hope in game render scene would use whatever class you actually have)

I probably get DLC later when new quests packs are released.

1 hour ago, starburst said:

Because until yesterday Dorothea was the only one wearing a stripper's hat! Now we got the YMCA version.

Honestly, that stupid stripper hat is the single most annoying thing which I have seen of the game (I have not been following the release closely, mind you.)
And Dorothea's cleavage is not unlike 'some others', she is the only one student with her tits out!

I guess that I simply dislike Dorothea and her stupid stripper hat. Now I can add YMCA Byleth to the list. That is all.

What in the name of Grima is a stripper hat???

First off there NO stripper hat WHATSOEVER....

Anyway I hope the other costumes will be uniquely style for every character but we'll see. I hope one of them are the pre timeskip designs after the War Phase portraits and all but that could be an easy unlock for beating the game. 

I guess this is the correct place to ask this - since preloading was available as soon as the expansion pass also went live so - is Three Houses now preloadable on the Switch? So I can preload it now and then play it when it unlocks on the 26th?

7 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I guess this is the correct place to ask this - since preloading was available as soon as the expansion pass also went live so - is Three Houses now preloadable on the Switch? So I can preload it now and then play it when it unlocks on the 26th?

Exactly so. If you wanna just preload the game (without the Expansion), you can.

So if you can change Byleths outfit for a DLC one, does that mean you can give them a class outfit to wear while in academy?

I.e use Mercenary costumes instead.

Because if you can't, thats pretty weird.

Edited by User name

1 hour ago, User name said:

So if you can change Byleths outfit for a DLC one, does that mean you can give them a class outfit to wear while in academy?

I.e use Mercenary costumes instead.

Because if you can't, thats pretty weird.

I guess it would also be weird if Byleth could teach in full Grappler costume.

Meanwhile, I'm sure all the DLC will be totally school appropriate. 😛

Regarding the story dlc, it mentions new characters. I think it isnt going to be a prequel based on that. Sure SoV let you use Fernand in its dlc, but only in said dlc. You couldnt outside of that. The DLC implies you'll actually get new characters. So Im thinking its either a new route, or some side/after story thing or something along those lines.

Interesting thing to note though is the symbol used for the DLC. Its not one we have seen before anywhere else. And I dont know why they would make it for DLC only unless it had to do with the story content.

1 hour ago, Tolvir said:

Regarding the story dlc, it mentions new characters. I think it isnt going to be a prequel based on that. Sure SoV let you use Fernand in its dlc, but only in said dlc. You couldnt outside of that. The DLC implies you'll actually get new characters. So Im thinking its either a new route, or some side/after story thing or something along those lines.

Interesting thing to note though is the symbol used for the DLC. Its not one we have seen before anywhere else. And I dont know why they would make it for DLC only unless it had to do with the story content.

I could see it being a campaign from the War with Seiros; her Saints; the 10 Elites and Nemesis. As for how we get the playable units to be playable in base game; I guess they could use Sothis' timey wimey powers to sort of explain it; which would make a really cool scenario where all descendants are in the same time as their ancestors(Dimitri and Blaidydd or Hilda and Goneril for example).