Byleth gets new costumes + Expansion Pass/four waves of DLC confirmed

52 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I could see it being a campaign from the War with Seiros; her Saints; the 10 Elites and Nemesis. As for how we get the playable units to be playable in base game; I guess they could use Sothis' timey wimey powers to sort of explain it; which would make a really cool scenario where all descendants are in the same time as their ancestors(Dimitri and Blaidydd or Hilda and Goneril for example).

Honestly, they wouldn't even really have to explain it.

In Valkyria Chronicles 4, you can play DLC scenarios involving Squad 7 from the first game as well as Selvaria and other antagonists. Afterwards, they join the playable roster for the main game. No explanation is given and they're just there for gameplay fun.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Regarding the story dlc, it mentions new characters. I think it isnt going to be a prequel based on that. Sure SoV let you use Fernand in its dlc, but only in said dlc. You couldnt outside of that. The DLC implies you'll actually get new characters. So Im thinking its either a new route, or some side/after story thing or something along those lines.

Interesting thing to note though is the symbol used for the DLC. Its not one we have seen before anywhere else. And I dont know why they would make it for DLC only unless it had to do with the story content.

I think the wolf symbol is supposed to represent Nemesis, and land he walks on is Seiros.

I also have a feeling that Byleth's DLC costumes are not actually costumes, but more of a skin for his/her commoner class.

Edited by User name

On 7/4/2019 at 11:57 AM, starburst said:

Because until yesterday Dorothea was the only one wearing a stripper's hat! Now we got the YMCA version.

Honestly, that stupid stripper hat is the single most annoying thing which I have seen of the game (I have not been following the release closely, mind you.)
And Dorothea's cleavage is not unlike 'some others', she is the only one student with her tits out!

I guess that I simply dislike Dorothea and her stupid stripper hat. Now I can add YMCA Byleth to the list. That is all.

Sorry, I'm going through the thread reading it and I just.. you are one of the only people I've been able to really, truly relate to ever since Dorothea's reveal. I'm happy for the people who like her, sincerely, no skin off my scrot. But.. that goddamn hat. It's just so awful. It's like one of those hats you could get at Wal-mart in the early '10s. Like something some annoying preppy Disney channel star would wear. Her earrings really seal the deal, and that hairstyle.. I'm sorry, but she's just really unattractive to me. And that's fine, because like I said, no skin off my scrot! And that certainly doesn't mean other people can't enjoy her. It just grates on me every time I have to look at her. 

I do disagree with what you said about the DLC outfits, though. The hat is kind of overkill but its nowhere near Dorothea tier. I like these outfits overall, it's a shame I won't be picking them up, at least not right now. Maybe if I ever decide to shit on my fragile masculinity by playing as a girl. Unlikely to happen. 

On 7/5/2019 at 9:56 PM, Sentinel07 said:

Honestly, they wouldn't even really have to explain it.

In Valkyria Chronicles 4, you can play DLC scenarios involving Squad 7 from the first game as well as Selvaria and other antagonists. Afterwards, they join the playable roster for the main game. No explanation is given and they're just there for gameplay fun.

You do not understand how much I want them to just do stuff like this, this is how they could do new game+.

11 hours ago, nyainou said:

Sorry, I'm going through the thread reading it and I just.. you are one of the only people I've been able to really, truly relate to ever since Dorothea's reveal. I'm happy for the people who like her, sincerely, no skin off my scrot. But.. that goddamn hat. It's just so awful. It's like one of those hats you could get at Wal-mart in the early '10s. Like something some annoying preppy Disney channel star would wear. Her earrings really seal the deal, and that hairstyle.. I'm sorry, but she's just really unattractive to me. And that's fine, because like I said, no skin off my scrot! And that certainly doesn't mean other people can't enjoy her. It just grates on me every time I have to look at her.

God, I too find that stupid hat jarring as fuck!
Like you, I have nothing against her fans. She simply looks awful and ruins any kind of setting that Three Houses tries to communicate.

I have even read that, the game's being fantasy, a stupid anachronic hat should not matter. Well, in that case, why not having Rambo in Star Wars? After killing 2.376 Japanese soldiers in one film, I bet that he can take a Stormtrooper army, the Sith, Yoda and all. Or why not sending M:I Tom Cruise to destroy the Precious Ring? He is obviously more qualified than Happy Feet.

Luckily, I will not have an inner fight, since I do not even find the rest of the Black Eagles particularly appealing. But, were Stripper Hat in Blue Lions... Then I would need to evaluate many possibilities! He, he, he.
I still feel the urge to let Fake-Accent Jakob die in Chapter 6 of Conquest, despite playing as female Cornflakes every time.

5 hours ago, starburst said:

God, I too find that stupid hat jarring as fuck!
Like you, I have nothing against her fans. She simply looks awful and ruins any kind of setting that Three Houses tries to communicate.

I have even read that, the game's being fantasy, a stupid anachronic hat should not matter. Well, in that case, why not having Rambo in Star Wars? After killing 2.376 Japanese soldiers in one film, I bet that he can take a Stormtrooper army, the Sith, Yoda and all. Or why not sending M:I Tom Cruise to destroy the Precious Ring? He is obviously more qualified than Happy Feet.

Luckily, I will not have an inner fight, since I do not even find the rest of the Black Eagles particularly appealing. But, were Stripper Hat in Blue Lions... Then I would need to evaluate many possibilities! He, he, he.
I still feel the urge to let Fake-Accent Jakob die in Chapter 6 of Conquest, despite playing as female Cornflakes every time.

I'm against jarring anachronisms, I just don't see Dorothea's hat as being particularly anachronistic. While it may not follow real-world Medieval fashion trends, it's not like brims/bills required great technological advances to achieve. Really, many more "period appropriate" hats would look fairly ridiculous to modern eyes. (I'll leave out my snide comments about Donnel, here.) Then again, I also don't get why people started calling it a JoJo's cap...

And I'm not sure that Rambo in Star Wars is that great an argument. If he got hold of the appropriate technology, he'd be largely indistinguishable from a Mandalorian, and considering that Stormtroopers didn't fare too well against the Ewoks, I'd have pretty high hopes for Rambo.

I really hope they take a similar approach to Xenoblade 2's additional costumes; where you can tell each was given real thought and care into the concept of it; but of course spread out over the entire cast so I could see one maybe two costumes for some important characters like the Lords; Byleth; Sothis; etc.

50 minutes ago, Radnar said:

And I'm not sure that Rambo in Star Wars is that great an argument. If he got hold of the appropriate technology, he'd be largely indistinguishable from a Mandalorian, and considering that Stormtroopers didn't fare too well against the Ewoks, I'd have pretty high hopes for Rambo.

He, he, he. This is getting good!

50 minutes ago, Radnar said:

I'm against jarring anachronisms, I just don't see Dorothea's hat as being particularly anachronistic. While it may not follow real-world Medieval fashion trends, it's not like brims/bills required great technological advances to achieve.

I am pretty sure that Three Houses is set in Modern History, which many people --not you-- seem to confuse, for it has the word 'modern' on it. But the Middle Ages roughly ended in the 15th century, and the age that follows it is the Modern one. Think of this, the discovery of the 'New World' is already the new era.
If there are printed books, it is definitely not the Middle Ages, for printing is one of the numerous things that define the new era. (And even if every book in the library were a transcribed one, it also seems to me that the political conflicts discussed in the game are modern ones [as opposed to medieval.])

She could had been given a Trobairitz hat (Forrest's looks more like a beret to me, but it is certainly more fitting than the stripper one), or maybe a veil. I do not really know what opera singers wore back then.
Yes, an authentic accessory could look weird to us, but it would at least be one thing that Three House would have taught us. It could not be worse than the stripper one.

Edited by starburst

1 hour ago, starburst said:

I am pretty sure that Three Houses is set in Modern History, which many people --not you-- seem to confuse, for it has the word 'modern' on it. But the Middle Ages roughly ended in the 15th century, and the age that follows it is the Modern one. Think of this, the discovery of the 'New World' is already the new era.

If there are printed books, it is definitely not the Middle Ages, for printing is one of the numerous things that define the new era. (And even if every book in the library were a transcribed one, it also seems to me that the political conflicts discussed in the game are modern ones [as opposed to medieval.])

Fair point, I tend to think of FE games as taking place in times roughly equivalent to 12th or 13th century Europe, to account for the lack of firearms but relatively advanced swords and the like.

1 hour ago, starburst said:

She could had been given a Trobairitz hat (Forrest's looks more like a beret to me, but it is certainly more fitting than the stripper one), or maybe a veil. I do not really know what opera singers wore back then.
Yes, an authentic accessory could look weird to us, but it would at least be one thing that Three House would have taught us. It could not be worse than the stripper one.

While headwear like you've suggested might be more appropriate for a singer of the era, it'd be pretty hard to wear anything like that jauntily, and it'd greatly change the impression that Dorothea's current appearance gives off.

Actually, opera itself actually throws the time-period equivalency off even more, as a quick search suggests that it wasn't really a thing until the 17th century. Then you have the real anachronism, the length of the skirts worn by the students and in this costume DLC for Byleth. They wouldn't have been socially acceptable in the West until the 20th century (and even now you'd have trouble some places). It's just that we've had these skirt lengths since all the way back with Sheeda/Caeda. This is where I personally end up saying, "Meh, it's a fantasy world," because the time equivalency is spread out over nearly a millennium.

Oh, and just for the record, M!Byleth's DLC hat is the closest to what comes up when I do a search for "stripper hat." 😛 Gonna Magic Mike it up, I guess?

Trying to gauge time periods when magic, by its very nature, changes the evolution of technology because magic means you don't need to invest time/energy into inventing firearms. You can use a book to make a meteor that can kill a dragon.

You don't need to invent certain transport systems at the same speed when you have dragons and horsefeathers and the like.

Previous games did feel to be at an earlier time period based on the armor/gear worn by characters, this one feels a bit later... but still feels fine because you don't need a rifle that takes two minutes to reload when you can just fireball the other guys.

Exactly. I meant to say (but apparently accidentally deleted it) that the specific circumstances of a given fictional world can provide ample explanation for developing technological advances at different rates than we have. Not to mention that when some of our advancements are made by accident, all it takes is for that accident to not happen, and we're set back by 50 years. And societal trends like fashion are anybody's guess.

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/340812-fire-emblem-three-houses-expansion-pass-content-will-consist-of

No 5th route, only made of side-stories. I guess it's the answer any lingering questions in the routes. I'm okay with that. Just make it worth it's quite.

GOOD no force full on happy ending route glad our routes we choose will be bittersweet, actually mean something and have a definite conclusion .

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

10 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/340812-fire-emblem-three-houses-expansion-pass-content-will-consist-of

No 5th route, only made of side-stories. I guess it's the answer any lingering questions in the routes. I'm okay with that. Just make it worth it's quite.

So, the playable characters will be new? Huh. I was kind of hoping for something similar to bonus maps from the previous games, but okay.