New Overview Video from NoJ

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Someone's falling through a window; is my Emmeryn alarm sounding(Rhea)?

20190704_021203.jpg

Nicegirl McGoodwoman bites it. As is customary.

.....at least that's what it looks like.

1 hour ago, Jayvee94 said:

Mercedes talents:

• Strength: Reason, Faith
  • Weakness: Sword, Lance, Bow
  • Hidden Talent: Bow

Correction her 3rd weakness is in axes, not bows. Which is useful because it will make unlocking her hidden talent less difficult.

I like how her character concept is basically just "I hate all melee weapons." Except gauntlets, apparently. Mercedes is ready to throw hands

20 hours ago, Lynsanity said:

Correction her 3rd weakness is in axes, not bows. Which is useful because it will make unlocking her hidden talent less difficult.

I like how her character concept is basically just "I hate all melee weapons." Except gauntlets, apparently. Mercedes is ready to throw hands

Sorry, my bad.

Cool to see so many different types of giant monster as well. Though IS's naming sense could do with some work. Calling a Giant Bird monster 鳥 is... well, it's an interesting choice. 

Note that   directly translates as Great Bird. Or maybe Big Bird would be better.

Edited by Onestep

Noticed how I pointed out a while ago the object in the middle of fire ring was probably Sword of the Creator, turned out it was. But interestingly, the person who pulled the sword was not Byleth (as he always wears gauntlet in cutscenes). I am guessing it's Nemesis trying to recover his sword here.

18 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

You better change your bio from Dorothea to Shamir as soon as she gets announced I swear.

But I like the Jojo reference that is “Dorothea Joestar”.  It’s 👌quality.  Like a beautiful duwang *chew*

7 minutes ago, Lynsanity said:

Better be ready to catch them holy hands if you start shit with her.

Just now, Owain Dark said:

Yeah and? Edelgard tries to kill Byleth, she lost it even more

Once again proving Claude’s the stable one of the trio of house leaders.

If the house leaders were all to run for some government office, Edelgard and Dimitri would both do something so outlandish and crazy that they end up disqualifying themselves from the election, and Claude would just be the goody two-shoes who played things safe and ended up getting elected simply by not being a psychopath.  And that’s a dynamic I love.

3 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

But I like the Jojo reference that is “Dorothea Joestar”.  It’s 👌quality.  Like a beautiful duwang *chew*

Better be ready to catch them holy hands if you start shit with her.

Once again proving Claude’s the stable one of the trio of house leaders.

If the house leaders were all to run for some government office, Edelgard and Dimitri would both do something so outlandish and crazy that they end up disqualifying themselves from the election, and Claude would just be the goody two-shoes who played things safe and ended up getting elected simply by not being a psychopath.  And that’s a dynamic I love.

But what if Claude is the psychopath in the end? 

Sheesh, they showed off a lot here. Sure, it was information that we knew from Famitsu , but it's still nice to see these mechanics in action. Didn't understand a word of what was said, but I didn't really need to.

I still have my nitpicks with the graphics and animations, but the more I see of them, the less I think I'll be irked when playing the game itself. The cutscenes look great, occasional framerate stuttering aside, and the in-engine scenes are starting to grow on me. Can't say I like every class design shown off so far, but I'll wait until the full game before making a judgement on that.

Spoilery things from the overview:

Spoiler

So we have a lion looking black beast shown. It's nice that we're getting different kinds of these monsters and that they all won't be using the same lizard-like design.

Spoiler

If the leak is true that black beasts are people who lack crests but tried to use them... Then either news hasn't spread that it's a bad idea to try it, there's some kind of power or reward that outweighs the drawback to some people, or we have a good idea about what the Flame Emperor and the Death Knight are up to.

Spoiler

Units dying seems anticlimactic from what we've seen so far, but then again classic mode hasn't really been shown off yet in detail.

Spoiler

At 8:44, is that Jeralt? It's hard to see, but the color of their hair (you can barely see it above their cloak) looks familiar...

Spoiler

I have a feeling that the scene were the Three Houses are gearing up to attack all together is getting a dark reprise after the timeskip. And Byleth seems to be in the middle of it both times. I'm curious if this will be an early scene, or if it will mark the end of the school part of the game.

Spoiler

Whelp. Looks like dragons are in this game. And they have forest destroying laser breath to boot.

Considering that the beasts are considered bosses, I can only imagine what a dragon with that power can do. Maybe the Fire Dragon from FE7 will look like your standard boss after this game.

Speaking of which, the final boss of this game must be pretty epic.

44 minutes ago, Onestep said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpQh321AtZo 

Spoiler

Sheesh. Buildings being destroyed. Soldiers running for their lives. Black Beasts. Strangling. Out protagonists going slightly insane. Presumable death by falling. I know all the games in the series are dark, but this may be the game where the darker aspect is visually shown the most (granted, graphical limitations prevented the older games from showing things like this, but still).

Spoiler

Anyone else think that the black specs on Dmitri's face will be replaced by blood in the full version? Anyone?

Spoiler

The Sword of the Creator seems to be missing its crest, but I think we knew that already.

Spoiler

On a similar note, it seems like Byleths sword has the power to create a circle of flame when thrown into the ground. I'm guessing that this shot and the one from the E3 trailer are different scenes.

Spoiler

Dammit, Rhea! Stop pulling an Emmryn!

Watch as she lands on a haystack or a trampoline and survives unscathed.

Spoiler

They really love the mud effect in cutscenes, don't they?

Spoiler

We fight Nemesis! It's probably a big spoiler of the game, but it's cool nonetheless.

Wow, awesome trailer and scene clips! Even if I don't understand the Japanese. 😛

Exciting!

But man, after five years, Dimitri looks like some serious shit happened, and Edelgard gets into a fight with Byleth. Now I'm wondering what's going to happen with Claude. o.o

Edited by Anacybele

16 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

Hide contents

On a similar note, it seems like Byleths sword has the power to create a circle of flame when thrown into the ground. I'm guessing that this shot and the one from the E3 trailer are different scenes.

Spoiler

Doubt it, in the E3 trailer we say fireballs landing that caused the wall of flames didn't we?

Edited by TheDreamReturns

@TheDreamReturns

From the E3 Trailer:

Spoiler

piLhKV2FI-R_kYZAid9actyWX2ZCzYS8ka6XejDk9ngW-9gKHxpAGwi2wzMPCoH5P82OtQXLJK3UhlwlTsfGKm6CAbQj-pUDlc933rGa8R9Y_uoBmOnKsR3CMnmh9_2YPm-vXJpT

There are fireballs the previous scene, yes, but whether they came from Byleth's sword or from mages is unclear right now. The circle of flame does expand around the sword, however, so I don't believe the fireballs started the fire.

Also, by "different scenes", I meant that one scene seemed to take place after the timeskip and the other seemed to be in the past. I don't believe I made that clear in my original post. Looking at the picture and video again, however...

Spoiler

I'm starting to wonder if they both take place during the Nemesis battle in the past. The figures in the flame look like horses, and a group of cavaliers are around the sword when it goes off. Could be a nasty yet effective way of Nemesis preventing anyone from taking his weapon.

Spoiler

Also, yeah, those were fireballs in the E3 trailer before the sword scene. It looks like Dmitri and Claudes troops are the victims, so it seems that Edelgards troops are the ones firing the shots. Considering Dmitri said "kill them all" in the previous scene... well, it looks like we'll have to wait for the full game to be released to get the actual context.

1 hour ago, Onestep said:

Note that   directly translates as Great Bird. Or maybe Big Bird would be better.

Oh no! I am constitutionally incapable of killing Big Bird! I may start coughing up blood or such!