New Overview Video from NoJ

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taken from the translation above: “Narrator: There are over 30 types of classes. As long as they have passed the exam, units can change classes at will before starting combat, so that you can field the ideal formation according to the situation.” 

Noble/Commoner + 4 Basic + 12 Intermediate + 12 Advanced is exactly 30. Master tier was pretty solid to begin with but I think this confirms it. 

3 hours ago, Onestep said:

Cool to see so many different types of giant monster as well. Though IS's naming sense could do with some work. Calling a Giant Bird monster 鳥 is... well, it's an interesting choice. 

Note that   directly translates as Great Bird. Or maybe Big Bird would be better.

When you know Gaint usually translate to 巨人 ( 人 means human ), maybe it's not so awful.

2 minutes ago, ayahitaisyou said:

When you know Gaint usually translate to 巨人 ( 人 means human ), maybe it's not so awful.

巨 is just mean large in Kanji/Chinese, so putting 巨 in front something makes it giant something

巨人 = Giant man

巨鳥 = Giant Bird

2 hours ago, Collindew16 said:

So I wonder how long until they drop a English version of the trailer

I'm going to doubt it, mostly because I rarely if ever see English versions of these overview trailers that Japan always does.

9 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'm going to doubt it, mostly because I rarely if ever see English versions of these overview trailers that Japan always does.

Well, we got one as part of Direct this Feb rather than in Japan.

In fact for the first few second I thought this was just a translated version from Feb Direct.

I am very happy about the CM4.

Yes, it has the least news for us, but guess what?

It has the classical FE theme! In fact this is the most classical FE trailer we have with FE16 so far, almost reminds me some good old FE9/10/13 commercials.

9 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

I am very happy about the CM4.

Yes, it has the least news for us, but guess what?

It has the classical FE theme! In fact this is the most classical FE trailer we have with FE16 so far, almost reminds me some good old FE9/10/13 commercials.

Even the style of the classic theme sounds like it's taking a page from older games, which I dig so much. 😄

59 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Even the style of the classic theme sounds like it's taking a page from older games, which I dig so much. 😄

And the commercial even ends with "Stand together, Fight together - Fire Emblem"

This was exactly how Radiant Dawn commercial ends.

So that's a lot of info lol

Small thing I noticed, if I haven't missed it Flayn appears only with the Golden Deers, and she's a faith user.

Thani leaks:

Spoiler

Lysithea (or at this point Marianne) substitute so she can actually die?

Wow, Commercial 2 is spoilers galore. They're going in, aren't they.

I'm not sure why, but I'm past listing details now, it seems generally pointless. There are tons here though. I think the most interesting one is that as @Onestep said, Byleth has white hair in several(all?) of the maps, even though they're clearly pre-timeskip. Also we've seen no new face in all of this as far as I can tell, which is interesting.

Edit: Ah, but I see VincentASM worked overtime! It's all good then.

3 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

You quoting the thumbnail directly made me realize... did they change Hilda's face again? What was so wrong with the previous ones?

Edited by Cysx

This was a treat to wake up to!

We actually see male Byleth showing more emotion and he's just so pretty I can't--

The cutscenes look great, it seems like they've polished them more.

There's just so much to go through, but overall, I'm so excited for this. The 26th can't come fast enough.

44 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

Does anyone know what the mummified Beast is called? I assume the giant worm is just called Giant Worm.

Which one? There's the Black Beast here.

EDIT

Here's my analysis as well.

I was literally half asleep when I wrote it, so hopefully I didn't make any silly mistakes XD

Edited by VincentASM

Narrator: At the end of each month, an Assigned Battle from the Officer's Academy awaits.

[Magdred Ambush] Lonato, lord of Gaspard Castle, revolts. You were supposed to clean up after the Knights of Seiros' suppression of the revolt, but on the way to the battlefield, the streets of Magdred become wrapped in a deep fog, creating fear in your students.

Narrator: By overcoming this battle, students will grow even further. By clearing the Assigned Battle, the game advances to the next month.

Church Soldier: "Reporting! Enemies are approaching! It's too late to avoid them!"
Catherine: "Oops... Byleth, change of plans. All troops, get ready for battle!"
Edelgard: "I smell blood... It seems the fighting has already begun in the fog."

I wonder if the three houses all take part in separate parts of a campaign, all taking part in the same battle but fulfilling different roles. Maybe the Blue Eagles join the knights in suppressing the rebellion so Ashe can fight his daddy while team Edelgard ends up being ambushed in the fog.

"I occasionally draw scenery as a hobby, but I feel like drawing people next time, maybe... Do you think there's someone who would pose for me?"
1) Bernadetta
2) Manuela <
3) Raphael
It seems Ignatius was the sender. Ignatius is happy with the answer

I want to select overly shy Bernadetta or best boi Raphael as the one doing the poses to see what happens. 

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

Which one? There's the Black Beast here.

EDIT

Here's my analysis as well.

I was literally half asleep when I wrote it, so hopefully I didn't make any silly mistakes XD

That's a great write up Vincent! Only 3 weeks to launch so you'll have some rest soon, haha.

Man, it's crazy how the marketing for this game changed completely in the last month from "this is a fun high school sim FE" to "this is an epic war where old friends will see some shit". And it's generated so much hype. That main theme in the trailer is pure nostalgia. Really hoping it does well and lives up to expectations. Could be a big turning point for FE.

2 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

What if the Flayn and the Teachers are replacement units like in Shadow Dragon?

They probably wouldn't permanently kill off units in their footage. They are more likely to be neutral units like Shura in Fates.

2 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

What if the Flayn and the Teachers are replacement units like in Shadow Dragon?

I doubt that's the case, first of all, no one liked this mechanic, that's number one. Number two is, I'm pretty sure we've seen them on our team even with a fully alive party, and number three is, that would prevent people on casual mode from ever recruiting these characters. It's not going to happen.