Question Pertaining to Language Options

So recently Nintendo has been trending towards international releases with their larger titles, and with that has come the ability to swap between languages.

Pokemon being one of the first, it let you choose the game's language.

Breath of the Wild,  Super Mario Odyssey, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate also all let you choose the language and swap between them freely.

I know Japanese voices are confirmed for the Western releases of Three Houses, but do we know if we'll be able to swap the language of the text, as well?

Of course, FE is a more text heavy game than any of the previous games, so I'm a bit doubtful, but I was simply wondering if we had any information regarding this topic.

If you set your console's region to Japan you should essentially get the Japanese version of the game, text included. It likely won't be an option within the game itself, though.

omg imagine being such an insane fruit that japanese voices aren't enough to satisfy you!! ! ! ! !

like your 教育漢字 ass can play this game without rubi anyway >:^( 

btw are you a working adult yet can you buy me a switch

I just pre-ordered the Japanese edition from the Japan Switch store since I live in Japan. When I go into the US store, I see that the game is marked as "Purchased" so I believe both stores have the same game file. This should mean they contain both languages and you can switch between them by changing the system language.

Fire emblem Echoes was the first game where the text was in Dutch as well (not that I played it in Dutch because voices in english and text in dutch is a little strange) so I don't see why they would take out languages now. Maybe you can't swap between them freely but it goes by the language of your switch account?

According to the eShop listing, Three Houses supports Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Korean, and Chinese. The Japanese version apparently supports English so I imagine it will support the other languages too.

Source

18 hours ago, Roxas said:

omg imagine being such an insane fruit that japanese voices aren't enough to satisfy you!! ! ! ! !

like your 教育漢字 ass can play this game without rubi anyway >:^( 

btw are you a working adult yet can you buy me a switch

LOL. I mean I wanna take the N1 in like December, so I wanna study by playing games. :^))))

漢字の以外に、日本語に対して、特に問題がないよー。今日本に住んでるし。

Quit spending so much money on coffee and start a Switch fund instead.

18 hours ago, yhtc0212 said:

I just pre-ordered the Japanese edition from the Japan Switch store since I live in Japan. When I go into the US store, I see that the game is marked as "Purchased" so I believe both stores have the same game file. This should mean they contain both languages and you can switch between them by changing the system language.

This is good to know. Thanks.

I was wondering if I should pre-order the JP or EN version, but I wanted to do the EN version to err on the side of caution, since 1) I want to make sure I get my free Byleth in FEH, and 2) in the case that I can't freely switch between languages, EN + JP voices is probably the better choice.

Would still be nice to play in Japanese at least once, though, since I could use the practice.

5 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

According to the eShop listing, Three Houses supports Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Korean, and Chinese. The Japanese version apparently supports English so I imagine it will support the other languages too.

Source

Bless. Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Fruity Insanity said:

Quit spending so much money on coffee and start a Switch fund instead.

fuck you