Serenes Forest Appreciation post

Zihark11

Feel free to change where this should be just couldn't see a better option.

Now i haven't really seen a post like this before so i just wanted to say THANK YOU and how much i appreciate this website. Always up to date with such in depth explanations and theories and the community posts are a lot of fun to read. As a huge fan of fire emblem its a great place for me to discuss what i love with others. 

Again just wanted to thank all the effort you guys and girls have done over the years. it's much appreciated and here is to many more years!

I mean, I like how it looks and all. The background lore and how it is the location of the pacifistic Heron tribe is something that contrasts strongly with the war stances that seem to permeate the rest of the being in Tellius (Reyson exempted). The cutscene in PoR may be dated as all hell, but gets across the changes that are going on in Tellius partly because of Ike and co. Also the sequence in Chapter 17 is a good long chapter that doesn't outstay its welcome and paces things well.

OK, back to the forums. As someone who's been here a lot longer than it seems (I mean, I was asking about things before Awakening came out. I still disbelieve that), it's been great seeing the engagement staff have with topics on these forums and other users, the willingness to take out the book but not always fling it at the first sign of any trouble, while it can be seen as complacency, allows for cooler heads to prevail imo. The categorisation across these forums makes it clear what's what (Even if at this point I'm too afraid to ask about the purpose of the  FE4 thread in FFTF). And that's not even appreciating the resource that is the main site. I have been taking information from here into account for a long while and I hope that it may continue.

Also, would this be better seen in General?

My appreciation for this site is boundless. It started with the main site for FE resources, which I drew from all the way when RD had a tentative title, to whenever I later discovered and stalked the forums, to now, with me a semi-aged forum-goer. 

It owes much to this site that Fire Emblem remains one of my favorite Nintendo franchises, and I thank it for introducing me to the full scope of FE.

🌳🕊️❤️

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

45 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Also, would this be better seen in General?

genuinely didn't notice it wasn't in general, cheer

I went from not liking this place way back when FE7 first released to, well, here.  Dunno what happened, but it's gotta be good, right?

I won't pretend I haven't gotten pretty invested in other communities to the point where I post a lot less on here, but I check back regularly for a reason, and boy do I love just reading what my fellow fans are up to. I consider almost everyone on this forum as a distant friend, and I can't wait to see who else joins in the fun as the series popularity continues to rise.

I will say that the moderation is pretty good, which keeps the forums from becoming too cancerous (enough to be fun, but not so much that it becomes a biohazard), though I also think that is mainly because the usual forum goers are pretty level headed themselves, fights are uncommon and arguments are fun to watch on some of the more popular forums.

as for the main site, I think it is the best fire emblem resource out there, I remember back in the day when I would use it to download music from the games, it's also a good place to check supports and game scripts, not to mention the news feed.