80 Hours in one path - 200 across the three

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's amazing news, the replay ability of this game seems to be off the charts.

One thing I picked up from the Google translation was that weapon triangle is still here. Can anyone confirm this?

5 minutes ago, Namarid said:

That's amazing news, the replay ability of this game seems to be off the charts.

One thing I picked up from the Google translation was that weapon triangle is still here. Can anyone confirm this?

It's not there at all times, you basically need to learn skills to incorporate the triangle to use it with combat arts. I believe.

I really want to know how the three route will correlate with each other. Will there be a canon route? I just hope there's no canon route though since that might mean one route is more important over the other two unless I missed some info about it. 

Edited by Ririn

2 minutes ago, Namarid said:

It's still here. I can give you a complete translation of it.

Yokota-san: the weapon triangle system hasn't disapear, it's just less visible. Will we see it again in future games is difficult to say since we're working on themes and game mechanics first before thinking about importing features in it. What we wanted to do in Three Houses is to give player freedom in tutoring their students, so that the player can give their favorites students whatever they want in weapons and skills. It helps the player identify with the team they're raising.

Apparently IS handled the game design and art, while Koei Tecmo did the actual development. Staff that were Fire Emblem fans were brought in to develop, in order to ensure the development team is motivated.

Koei were also experienced in creating simulation games, which helped with the management aspects of Three Houses.

As for the reason why they added lots of new stuff into TH, it was because since the game is the first home console entry in 10+ years, IS felt pressured to include the squad system, which was possible thanks to the Switch's more powerful hardware compared to the 3DS.

When people talking about a game of this nature say it lasts x amount of hours, that's usually multiplied by, like, 5 or more for me.

Which kinda makes sense, since journalists are in more of a rush to beat the game.  Regardless, I think it'll last longer than that for me.

41 minutes ago, Jedi said:

It's not there at all times, you basically need to learn skills to incorporate the triangle to use it with combat arts. I believe.

Yeah. It appear that training Swords get Axebreaker, Axes Lancebreaker, and Lances Swordbreaker as Abilities. 

So if you and the enemy had the appropriate Abilities equipped, the weapons triangle would effectively exist. It's just not the default, nor is it guaranteed. 

80 hours? I hope it isn't that long. I beat the infamous Drag-on Quest VII in less time than that! (No offense to DQVII FYI, I actually did enjoy it.) That sounds longer than a beefy Tales. 

FE should be beatable in 30 sans grind and profuse relishing in the Plot and Supports. With P&S, you should still be able to it in 40; and maybe 20 if you skip the P&S and play fast. It depends on the game.

With statements like those, I wonder how much of those hours are memorable. Maybe 20 hours of passable content. And the rest are timesinks full of and it's all boring fetch quests or "go to x location and kill y enemy". I hope the game strikes a balance.

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

Which kinda makes sense, since journalists are in more of a rush to beat the game.  Regardless, I think it'll last longer than that for me.

Thankfully they have Normal difficulty, Casual mode and Divine Pulse 😅

So are breaker skills PP arts? Or passives that you have to equip?

Makes sense that KT are "construction workers" of the game and the game looks similar to Warriors visually. IS has focused on making handheld games in recent years and if they wanted to make a console game that has a bit more demand required to develop it then they'd need help or just work on it for a long time. Or just make games with the 3DS engine for 10 more years 😝

I wonder if that talk about making realistic models from a 2017 statement means that experience in making more realistic models for IS went down the drain if other people were going to do it for them.

Edited by redlight

How can I put this into my schedule I don't know for now xD Cold Steel 3 is also along the way. Now I have to be more careful which one I would take for the first run...really hope the time works out for the better and I really feel the repay value.. At least there is no time to rush for now. 

This game for me went from a huge "meh" to becoming what will probably end up being my favorite fire emblem game ever made, topping my previous favorite (path of radiance). And if the content we're seeing lasts for 80 hours!? HYPE!!

XD and I’m still trying to beat persona Q before tackling Q2... not to mention get plat on p5 -_- trying to finish at least that last one before the fire emblem distraction is here because I just know I’m gonna be glued to my brand new switch and god help me once trials of mana remake comes out....

Koei Tecmo did Three Houses' programming, hand-picking Fire Emblem fans:

It's worth noting, in terms of development, that Nintendo just did the production. Intelligent System managed the artistic aspect and the game design while Koei Tecmo took care of the programming, that is to say the actual development. Note that the team manager Koei Tecmo took only fans of the Fire Emblem series to work on it, making sure to have motivated developers as we explained Yokota-san.

Online features:

Rankings : For each of our choices, such as student education, there is a ranking that lets you know what other players have chosen the most. This provides a good view of trends, which can potentially inspire us.

Student loans : It is possible to send one of his students to the monasteries of other players online. One can choose to give him an object to offer to the player who receives it, if one wishes it. When receiving a student from another player, it can be used in combat as a unit support, under specific conditions.

Lost Minds : In skirmish, there are boxes called Lost Spirits, which show us a place where other players have had difficulty. Successfully surviving on his boxes grants additional bonuses due to the higher difficulty.

As we know, the Weapon Triangle is still in the game via skills:

Regarding the gameplay, the creators wanted to point out that contrary to what the images might suggest, the triangular system of advantage in combat, initiated with the fourth opus of the series, has not disappeared:

Yokota-san : The Triangle of Weapons has not disappeared, although it may be less noticeable. Will it regain its importance in the following episodes, it's hard to say, because we first work on our themes and game systems before deciding what we import into it. But what we wanted to do in this opus is to offer a great freedom of education of the students, so that the player can give his favorite characters the weapons and the techniques he wants. This allows you to better identify with the teams that you train in the game.

Edited by Disclaimer

Hot damn, that's definitely gonna keep me busy until Astral Chain comes out next month. But yeah, if the game is at least 80 hours per path, then i'm hyped. I love longer RPGs.

I'm pleased to hear that IS wants to go all out for their first console game in ten years. Meanwhile, at Game Freak...

Completing Xenoblade 2's main story took me 45 hours, but I skipped basically all the side content (since then I've put in over 200 hours and I'm still not done with everything). I'm looking forward to seeing what these 200 hours of content entail.

To be honest i wouldnt like a single playthrough to be 80 hours long, Persona 5 style. That means we have to go trough that at least 3 times and maybe 4 to get the full experience and that would be just too much.

I think 30-40 hours is completely fine and i imagine the second and third time would be way easier, so like 80 hours total.

Chronic illness might be the cause but I feel like I need to throw up reading that statement. I can name one 80+ hour game I've played that was (possibly) worth such an exorbitant length so I hope this developer is overinflating his estimate like most of these articles do. The typical Fire Emblem game is 20-30 hours and many will try your patience in that time. Even if the going rate of poor gameplay is 20% then in this game's case we'd be talking 16 hours. Or approximately 16 snow plowing maps from Revelation. And I don't look forward to this game's haters hanging this statement over its head post release when everybody's play times come in at a very normal length.