Known Character Recruiting Demands [Completed*]

LSM

I know the game's only three weeks away, but I thought it would be good to have a thread for what characters demand to be recruited. (If only to have all the known info in one place.)

Black Eagles

Edelgard [NA // NA] -Un-recruitable
Hubert [NA // NA] - Un-recruitable*
Dorothea [Charisma // Authority] -EuroGamer Spain Preview
Ferdinand [Dexterity // Armour] -Samurai-Gamer*
Bernadetta [Strength // Bow] -Google Doc*
Caspar [Strength // Brawling] -Kotaku
Petra [Dexterity // Riding] -Famitsu
Linhardt [Magic // Reason] - Google Doc*

Blue Lions

Dimitri [NA // NA] -Un-recruitable
Dedue [NA // NA] - Un-recruitable*
Felix [Speed // Swords] - SirloinStation 
Mercedes [Magic // Bows] -RogersBase
Ashe [Charisma // Lances] -ebunny.net FAQ*
Annette [Magic // Faith] -Vandal.net
Sylvain [Charisma // Reason] -ebunny.net FAQ*
Ingrid [Dexterity // Flying] -Twitter: @EdragonXX

Golden Deer

Claude [NA // NA] -Un-recruitable
Hilda [Charisma // Axes // Dependant On Decisions] -Twitter: @EdragonXX
Lorenz [Charisma // Reason] -GameSpot
Raphael [Strength // Armour] -JapanExpo
Lysithea [Magic // Faith] -EuroGamer Spain E3
Ignatz [Dexterity // Authority] - 4chan Leaker* 
Marianne [Magic // Riding] - EuroGamer Spain Preview
Leonie [Strength // Lances] -Famitsu

[*] marks sources who have said the information without providing an actual screenshot. Everyone else is visually confirmed.

And Felix seems to be Swords as one of his demands, going off of his successful recruitment in the Japanese Overview video, but that's not definite.

Someone has uploaded a Google Doc with most everything. So it's only Ferdinand who's missing now.

Is there anyone I'm missing?

Edited by LSM

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, timon said:

So do I understand correctly that some ask for stats and some for weapon levels? If so, is "Magic" the stat or the weapon?

I thought it all had to do with weapons and then riding/flying/armor. How do you train for the stats? Byleth needs to have a certain number in the stat to recruit the character?

They ask for one high stat, and one high skill level.

Stats: HP, Strength, Magic, Dexterity, Speed, Movement, Luck, Defence, Resistance, Charm

Skills: Swords, Lances, Axes, Bows, Brawling, Reason, Faith, Authority, Armour, Riding, Flying

And yes, it appears you'll need to get Byleth to a certain stat level as well. (ie. if you want to recruit Lysithea you might want to spend some time in Monk/Priest to raise your Magic, as well as having to level up your Faith skill.)

//

Also, some sleuthing. In the E3 video (where Ignatz and Raphael have been recruited) we can see from their Professor Expertise while training Linhardt and Ferdinand that  their Byleth has:

• Swords == C+
  • Lances << D+
  • Axes == E
  • Bows == E
  • Brawling >> E
  • Reason == E
  • Faith == E
  • Authority == B
  • Armour >> E
  • Riding << D
  • Flying == E

So for Ignatz we can rule out Axes, Bows, Reason, Faith, and Flying as demands.

We also see his Stats (at level 15) are:

• Str 27
  • Mag 11
  • Dex 15
  • Spd 18
  • Lck 13
  • Def 9
  • Res 7
  • Cha 12

So, as Raphael requires Strength to recruit, that'd a pretty big ask if you had to get to the mid-twenties in a Stat. But! Ignatz doesn't strike me as the type to require Strength, so I'm assuming he might be Speed or Dexterity. If you just have to clear 15 in a Stat, and maybe ~C in a Skill Level, that's restricting without being too bad.

Edited by LSM

I am pretty sure Felix's is Swords and some stat based off the new japanese trailer. Turn on captions. This will make him one of the most accessible recruits.

Edited by IzzyFresh

42 minutes ago, IzzyFresh said:

I am pretty sure Felix's is Swords and some stat based off the new japanese trailer. Turn on captions. This will make him one of the most accessible recruits.

Yeah i think it was pretty obvious that he would be easy to get based on MC attributes (Probably speed and sword). The magic girls like Lysithea and such would be the hardest, im sure. Also probably Leonie cause she needs strenght and Lances, so that could be kinda easy to get.

Edited by Nio

The interesting thing is that some characters appear exactly as you'd expect. Felix appears to want swords, which he's very much about. Raphael wants Strength, Lysithea Magic.

But then Lorenz wants Reason, and Petra Riding. And I think Ignatz must be one of Sword/Lance/Brawl/Armour/Riding, none of which really seem to fit him. So it's difficult  to speculate on what characters might ask for.

2 hours ago, LSM said:

The interesting thing is that some characters appear exactly as you'd expect. Felix appears to want swords, which he's very much about. Raphael wants Strength, Lysithea Magic.

But then Lorenz wants Reason, and Petra Riding. And I think Ignatz must be one of Sword/Lance/Brawl/Armour/Riding, none of which really seem to fit him. So it's difficult  to speculate on what characters might ask for.

It could also just be a skill that they are good at, like i suppose Petra would be good (blue arrow) with Riding and we know Ignatz is good with Swords, so it does make sense for him

If Petra is good with Riding then she is the first and only character to have 5 Strengths: Swords, Axes, Bows, Riding and Flying. Very unlikely for me, though it could potentially be a hidden talent as we haven't seen one for her yet.

14 hours ago, IzzyFresh said:

He deals additional damage without battallions and gauntlets are a thing. Let's not forget gauntletfaire. He's gonna be broken for sure.

3 minutes ago, redlight said:

He deals additional damage without battallions and gauntlets are a thing. Let's not forget gauntletfaire. He's gonna be broken for sure.

Depends on what bonuses battalions actually give. If some give stat bonuses or have extremely powerful gambits, then my personal bet for being absolutely broken is Bernadetta.

3 minutes ago, Onestep said:

Depends on what bonuses battalions actually give. If some give stat bonuses or have extremely powerful gambits, then my personal bet for being absolutely broken is Bernadetta.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting her for some reason. Hmm, battallions vs gauntletfaire at this point then as well as strength/speed growth, but then there's the question of if they get a heroic relic and how broken these are compared to Crusader Weapons.

1 minute ago, redlight said:

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting her for some reason. Hmm, battallions vs gauntletfaire at this point then as well as strength/speed growth, but then there's the question of if they get a heroic relic and how broken these are compared to Crusader Weapons.

Also depends on what the effect of their Crests are, and if Major Crests are much stronger than Minor Crests.

Just now, Onestep said:

Also depends on what the effect of their Crests are, and if Major Crests are much stronger than Minor Crests.

Oh yeah. I hope they learned from extreme growth bonuses holy blood gives. That was some insane stuff.

Just now, redlight said:

Oh yeah. I hope they learned from extreme growth bonuses holy blood gives. That was some insane stuff.

I suspect it'll be more 'Active Effect' than huge growths. Byleth's, for example, seems to have a 1/4 Sol effect, which is nice, but not gamebreaking (depending on activation rate that is. If you could get it to 100%, it'd be pretty damn strong.)

28 minutes ago, redlight said:

I mean...I kind of liked that. Though admittedly it would be hard to balance in this type of game, but I would like it if there is a notable difference between being Major and Minor because otherwise, what is the point of having 2 types? Also in the French Japan expo I believe Ingrid used her crest and it gave her more damage than was displayed, and she has a minor one, so hopefully it should be a bit more to having a Major crest than just small effects. I mean, only allowing Majors to use the relics would be an easy one but that hasn't been mentioned as far as I know.

Edited by SpiceMan

20 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

I mean...I kind of liked that. Though admittedly it would be hard to balance in this type of game, but I would like it if there is a notable difference between being Major and Minor because otherwise, what is the point of having 2 types? Also in the French Japan expo I believe Ingrid used her crest and it gave her more damage than was displayed, and she has a minor one, so hopefully it should be a bit more to having a Major crest than just small effects. I mean, only allowing Majors to use the relics would be an easy one but that hasn't been mentioned as far as I know.

The 3 lords are shown to wield hero relics post timeskip and they all have minor crest.

33 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

I mean...I kind of liked that. Though admittedly it would be hard to balance in this type of game, but I would like it if there is a notable difference between being Major and Minor because otherwise, what is the point of having 2 types?

The question I have is "what is the point in having two types if only one of the students even gets a major crest?" Other characters (Catherine for example) probably have Major crests too but they seem like an outlier, which makes me thing there will be some way to upgrade minor crests into major ones.

1 hour ago, SilverArcher said:

The 3 lords are shown to wield hero relics post timeskip and they all have minor crest.

1 hour ago, NekoKnight said:

The question I have is "what is the point in having two types if only one of the students even gets a major crest?" Other characters (Catherine for example) probably have Major crests too but they seem like an outlier, which makes me thing there will be some way to upgrade minor crests into major ones.

It's unlikely, but considering this game has made such a bid deal of "Crest research", there has to be some shenanigans that are discovered because otherwise it is pointless. Whether it's transplanting crests into people without them (Linhardt giving Edelgard her second crest theory), or if it's about upgrading them or both. There is a lot more to this system than the Holy blood and I don't think it will be as simple as we might think. So the lords having relics might be from them getting a potential upgrade. Again there is no evidence to support it currently but i'd be willing to bet on it.

Lorenz desiring Reason could be related to his backstory. Wasn't he at the mage academy Mercedes and Annette attended? Presumably Lorenz flunked out and actually lacks talent for magic, but maybe harbors a respect for those who do?

...I don't know lol, but it'd be cool.

IIRC we have yet to see Lorenz's strengths, he might as well be good at magic, the fact that we have seen him mostly as cavalier doesn't mean he is just that, we have a handful of examples of known characters's strengths that we haven't seen in trailers (Dorothea with sword, Felix with bow, Ashe with axe, ...)

11 hours ago, SpiceMan said:

If Petra is good with Riding then she is the first and only character to have 5 Strengths: Swords, Axes, Bows, Riding and Flying. Very unlikely for me, though it could potentially be a hidden talent as we haven't seen one for her yet.

Is Petra good at Flying? Where did you see that?  I mean i just checked the Skill Levels section and its not known as of now.

Petra likely starts with a D in Flying. It's not a leap that she's then Strong in it too, though it's not known for sure. 

Screenshots in Famitsu show level ~10 Lorenze with Weapon Prowesses unlocked in Lances 2, Authority 1, and Reason 1. So yes, I believe Reason will be a Strength for him. 

z_5ce78f115338f.jpg

And there's this bit of video where he has Lances 3, Authority 2, Reason 1, and Swords 1 at level 12. (The fact that he's a C in Lances, C in Authority, D/E+ in Reason and Swords, and still manages to have at least a D+ in Riding by level 12 in very impressive. I think that he might be a Ferdinand/Petra/Dedue - a character who starts with more than two Skill Levels above E-rank.)

Edited by LSM