Known Character Recruiting Demands [Completed*]

LSM

Added Caspar's Strength and Brawling request (as seen in a Kotaku video). 

Friendly request for anyone who spots any more in all the videos that are out there to post about it here so that I can keep updating the original post!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

I think with limited professor level, you would need at least New Game+ to be able do so. 

We also shouldn't forget that your character's charm supposedly/is theorized to have an effect on recruitment as well

New Eurogamer Spain video here with some new recruitment demands:

@ 3:34 - Marianne: Magic and Riding

@ 3:56 - Dorothea: Charisma and Authority

There's also a little snippet of the Recruiting explanation at 3:22

4/5: "You can have students from other houses join your class if you complete certain requirements. Each student has their priorities, usually in distinct attributes (stats?) and skills."

5/5: "It will be much easier to convince a student to join your house if you have an affinity with them, so raise your support levels with those you're interested in recruiting. As you progress through the story, you may recruit certain people who aren't students."

not a native speaker so feel free to correct

You know what i noticed?

So far we dont have a student who needs DEF or RES, its mostly STR and MAG.

9 minutes ago, throwaway said:

5/5: "It will be much easier to convince a student to join your house if you have an affinity with them, so raise your support levels with those you're interested in recruiting. As you progress through the story, you may recruit certain people who aren't students."

Ohhhh this makes sense, you can "butter" them up and it will lover the reqs.

Edited by User name

Do we know what Charisma does? Because up until now I thought it would be used in these situations, but if Dorothea asks for it specifically then the stat has some other use.

btw good news on the support, though to grind them up without using the units in battle you'll still have to consume actions (for meals and stuff). But at least you don't have to screw up your Byleth's stats completely.

18 minutes ago, User name said:

You know what i noticed?

So far we dont have a student who needs DEF or RES, its mostly STR and MAG.

Ohhhh this makes sense, you can "butter" them up and it will lover the reqs.

Guess that explains why some people have or haven't recruited a certain number. 

Interesting, so i suppose if lets say Felix wants something like 20 strenght and B rank in Swords, if we have supports with him maybe we need 15 and C.

Not sure, but how do we increase support with other house members? I know eating with them.... What else?

1 minute ago, Nio said:

Interesting, so i suppose if lets say Felix wants something like 20 strenght and B rank in Swords, if we have supports with him maybe we need 15 and C.

Not sure, but how do we increase support with other house members? I know eating with them.... What else?

Returning lost items and involving them in group activities like choir practice seems to boost supports as well. And since you can apparently have other students as a temporary recruit for a month, I imagine if you have them in battle, you'll gain supports that way as well.

4 hours ago, throwaway said:

New Eurogamer Spain video here with some new recruitment demands:

@ 3:34 - Marianne: Magic and Riding

@ 3:56 - Dorothea: Charisma and Authority

There's also a little snippet of the Recruiting explanation at 3:22

4/5: "You can have students from other houses join your class if you complete certain requirements. Each student has their priorities, usually in distinct attributes (stats?) and skills."

not a native speaker so feel free to correct

yes thank you so much for this!!! those are exactly the two i wanted haha Marianne is pretty much what i expected but Dorothea seems a bit hard... I hope charisma and authority aren't as hard to focus on as i'm thinking they might be

30 minutes ago, Luna-Elly said:

One of the previewers confirms that Hilda can't be recruited. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7VfyXus77U

Interesting. Wonder how strong her ties are to the Golden Deer, seeing how Hubert and Dedue, who are also unrecruitable, seem so morally and dutifully bound to their respective houses.

It could be because it's too much trouble for her or she doesn't want to anger her family or some other simple reason to excuse herself from doing more work and actually applying herself more, but......I'm not sure it's that simple in this situation. Could be wrong. Could be right. Who knows? :KnollRoll:

7 hours ago, throwaway said:

This...actually makes a ton of sense. No idea why this sort of possibility never crossed my mind. Thanks for sharing this information!