Known Character Recruiting Demands [Completed*]

LSM

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, timon said:

Do we know what Charisma does? Because up until now I thought it would be used in these situations, but if Dorothea asks for it specifically then the stat has some other use.

To my knowledge it hasn't been covered anywhere, which is weird because you'd think a new stat added to Fire Emblem would be a bigger deal. 

I'm guessing it has something to do with battalions, since they're the other new combat thing. And since Dorothea asks for both Charisma and Authority. Maybe it's just a modifier for how much damage/healing gambits do, similar to Strength and physical weapons?

19 hours ago, Busterman64 said:

Interesting. Wonder how strong her ties are to the Golden Deer, seeing how Hubert and Dedue, who are also unrecruitable, seem so morally and dutifully bound to their respective houses.

It could be because it's too much trouble for her or she doesn't want to anger her family or some other simple reason to excuse herself from doing more work and actually applying herself more, but......I'm not sure it's that simple in this situation. Could be wrong. Could be right. Who knows? :KnollRoll:

Hilda seems to be from one of the four big families in the alliance, just like Claude. Post-timeskip her position shouldn't be much lower than Claude himself, especially since the Leicester rulers seem to have less power than in Faerghus and Adrestia. The same is also true for Lorenz, but he seems to hate Claude and want to rule the alliance himself, so it makes sense that he would turn traitor. The fact that Lorenz was revealed with Hubert and Dedue on twitter (and also leak stuff) makes it seem like he and Hilda will share the sidekick role in the Golden Deer route (since Lorenz always stays loyal there).

School-wise, judging by what Ashe and Felix say when you're given the option to add them to your class, Lorenz wouldn't see switching classes as being a traitor so much as trying to advance his studies further than if he stayed with the Golden Deer, esp since he's in direct competition with Claude. I don't think it's quite that deep yet when they're in school and returning to their own countries when the year's done.

Still, I'm really curious to see how retrieving Lorenz in the war phase works when you're with Eagles or Lions. He's gunning for Claude's position as the future Alliance leader and talks a lot about his noble obligations, but supporting your country in the war is part of that job and he just doesn't seem like the guy that would want to burn his own country just to be king of the ashes. I'm going Deer tho so I won't be able to see that, but I hope to see him, Claude, and Hilda butting heads a lot and learning how to work together in the school phase, and being a dream team by the war phase. Lorenz learns to trust Claude, Claude learns to trust in general, and Hilda... learns to take her position seriously and not make other people handle things for her? idk

Maybe Hilda and Lorenz are equally important to the alliance, but the developer locked Hilda because - really - who would recruit Lorenz anyways?

On a more serious note, I think that this recruiting thing is more of a gameplay feature, I doubt there will be much thought to it story-wise, but hey, if they manage to justify Ingrid leaving his childhood friend or Lorenz leaving his almost ruling family props to the writers.

I want to make a joke about it being too much effort for Hilda to bother switching, but it actually seems it should be fairly easy to recruit her.

Byleth: Hey, wanna join the Black Eagles? We know how hard the Golden Deer are making you work. Here, join us, you deserve a little break.

Hilda: I’m in!

My condolences to anyone who wanted to recruit Hilda from GD. On the other hand, you have my permission to take Lorenz. Take him.

At first I wasn’t certain if I would like Hilda, as she was supposedly spoiled. But if really all she is lazy highly efficient at conserving energy, then something tells me I’m going to enjoy all of her hilarious antics to avoid work.

Edited by GreyJedi

2 hours ago, GreyJedi said:

At first I wasn’t certain if I would like Hilda, as she was supposedly spoiled. But if really all she is lazy highly efficient at conserving energy, then something tells me I’m going to enjoy all of her hilarious antics to avoid work.

I get the feeling that Hilda is going to be slightly more complex than that. I believe it’s been hinted that it’s not so much that she’s purely lazy, and moreso that she’s gotten really good at manipulating others into doing the work for her.

That being said, I definitely agree with you about how her antics will be hilarious. I’m really excited to see how they contrast her with someone like Lorenz, who supposedly takes his role as a noble very seriously (though, if you ask me, his haircut counts as a crime against the Alliance).

Edited by carpirate

Hey! Lorenz' haircut is all that's keeping the peace in Fodlan. The peasantry look up at the nobility and wish to cast them down in the name of Liberty, Equality, and Fraternity. But then they realise that at least one of them'd have to get that haircut, and they all nope out of the revolution.

//

I know this is an ask, but can anyone with a Twitter account maybe tweet at someone with a review copy to see if they could fill out the list?

Nooo! I wanted to get Ingrid but wasnt sure what she would ask for. Dont think my Byleth would get Flyng lvls, but oh well, lets hope we can recruit them with Es and high support.

3 minutes ago, LSM said:

Awesome! Can I enquire as to which video that's from?

I actually have no idea i think it came from twitter, a user on Resetera posted that screen,but i dont have an acount there so i cant ask.

I must have Ingrid and Mercedes when I play the other Houses. I wish more character recruitment requirements were known, but all we can do is wait. Game, please hurry up and come out!!

50 minutes ago, throwaway said:

here is that twitter post! im surprised they're allowed to show the dyed hair with the embargo up

I guess since this is before the timeskip it's all good but probably not allowed to show when/how it happens.

@throwaway You're welcome! Ashe won't be as hard as Annette, so maybe I'll grab them both.

I noticed that so far three (I think) of the Blue Lions require their hidden talents. Mercedes- Bow, Ashe- Lance, and Sylvain- Reason.

Edited by Bk1234