Known Character Recruiting Demands [Completed*]

LSM

Judging by the fact that we have only seen Str/Dex/Mag/Cha used for recruiting, I doubt any more stats will be relevant to recruiting as it wouldn't make sense for houses that couldn't have one of each. The Blue lions currently has no str requester, so I am certain that Felix will require Swords and Strength which should be really easy to catch. The Golden deer currently has no Dex requester so likewise I am sure Ignatz will want Dex. As for the skill, I would have said Reason but LSM figured out it could only be Swords, Lances, Brawling, Riding and Armour. Of these I could only see Swords or Riding fitting. We haven't seen a skill be required more than once in one house, and since Marianne wants Riding, I would assume Ignatz wouldn't be that as well. So Swords and Dexterity for Ignatz.

For Black Eagles, I have no concrete evidence for anything, although a quick guess would be, Linhardt: Lances and Magic, Ferdinand: Axes and Charisma, Bernadetta: Bows and Dexterity. These are just based of the relics of each saint but could and will be completely wrong.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With only five characters to go, im take a crack at what they need, and if im right,  might make things interesting if you want to get as many characters as possible on one route.

Bernadette: Im guessing either lance or bow for the skill and dex for the stat, im almost certain that the skill is bow, being that there's only been one other person with bow as a requirement, and dex just seems to fit.

Lindhardt: Faith or reason and magic, as i doubt he would need any of the weapons as he hates them.

Ferdinanad: Axe and Charm, fact is, no one so far has needed axe as a requirement and it seems to fit along with charm.

Felix: Sword and Strength, im alomost 100% sure that its right, as there have been no sword requirements, and no strength requirement  in the blue lions.

Ignatz:Sword or bow and dex, once again, as there have been no sword requirements, and no dex requirements for the Gold Deer.

If this is right, then that means on the Black Eagles path, brawl authority and axe is not needed for max requirement, for the blue lions flying would be the only skill not needed, and Gold Deer would only not need heavy armor.

You know, there might not be any sword requirements because Byleth is already so heavily geared toward being a sword user and they're pushing you to branch out.

3 minutes ago, Marros said:

You know, there might not be any sword requirements because Byleth is already so heavily geared toward being a sword user and they're pushing you to branch out.

I mean, that could happen, which would be interesting, but I would think that at least one character would have it as a easy requirement option.

1 hour ago, Marros said:

If I were designing things that'd be my philosophy.

But Dorothea needs Charisma and Authority, so you'll probably have to avoid recruiting her.

This does make me wonder though; apart from the house leaders will any other student play a part as an enemy faction if you're against them; Treehouse reps sounded like they'd be plot relevant but I don't know how they could do that if there's a chance that you don't need to fight some of them.

13 minutes ago, Azz said:

So about Hilda:

I’d imagine the same might be possible with Hubert and Dedue

What the? Byleth has green hair here. Whats happening?

I think this has to be related to some major spoiler or something....

34 minutes ago, Azz said:

my dedue in deer dreams aren;t crushed yet! watch him require brawling and heavy armor just to screw me over

hilda's dialogue isn't giving me a lot of confidence, im guessing this is close to the timeskip? still confused about the hair. makes me think they're skirting the rules of the embargo like that guy that showed off postskip bernadetta and golden deer

44 minutes ago, Azz said:

So about Hilda:

Well there goes my theory! So that means there are 14 possible units possible from other houses, yesh. Well my all recruitment runs just got a bit harder.

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT MADE ZERO SENSE FOR HER TO BE ROUTE LOCKED! PRAISE NAGA INDEED.

Looks like I’ll need to be patient though since it takes place near the last third of academy period. Also, what on earth is Cha?

Edit: Never mind, guess it’s short for charisma lol

Edited by Silverly

1 hour ago, Azz said:

So about Hilda:

Yes, even though I'm going with Golden Deer for my first playthrough!

Edited by Bk1234

Maybe it's just because I don't particularly care about recruiting Hubert, Dedue, or Hilda, but I worry this will harm the storytelling a bit. It feels very "videogamey" for you to be able to recruit literally any student besides the lords. And it makes the status of these 3 feel less special.

Hopefully they will still get written to have cool/sad moments being chapter bosses or something post-timeskip, if you don't recruit them, but if you do their roles or chapters will be replaced in some way.

I don't like this. Don't get me wrong I'm glad for the Hilda fans out there, but this means that they won't have a big role in the war phase. Unless this is some kind of path where you ally with Claude? That "depending on your decisions" makes me think.

Anyways it might somehow make sense for Hilda, but I wonder how the hell they'll justify Hubert and Dedue, as they literally pledged their life to their leaders.

According to the 4chan leaker, Ignatz needs Authority and Dex to be recruited. They didn’t provide a picture but I’d assume they are correct