Known Character Recruiting Demands [Completed*]

LSM

3 minutes ago, Tsak said:

hmmmmm petra or leonie for first BL playthrough... both exactly what i want in my army. danggg tough decisions!

Do both if you can! Their skill reqs line up with lots of the mounted units, so you could push your Byleth briefly that direction

Spoiler

Or prepare for the numerous mounted classes that'll need riding and lances

Plus your dex and str sshould naturally be high given Byleth as a character

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I missing something or am I correct in saying that in the treehouse video her Byleth only had rank E in Heavy Armour and Raphael, whom she recruited, has it as a requirement? Does this mean that if you interact enough with a student you can lower the requirements to pretty much nothing?

It was higher than an E. You can tell by when the player is tutoring Linhardt; she scrolls down at one point and we can see that Linhardt has an E in Armour and that Byleth is giving a Professor bonus, so he's higher ranked.

The more I think about it, im pretty sure that Felix will end up with brawling and strength, Dedue strength and axe, Bernadette either strength or charm and bow,  Ferdinand Charm or strength and axe, Hubert magic and reason, with Linhardt with magic and faith.

Thing is, it seemes like all houses follows a rule that 2 characters want magic, 2 strength, 2 charm, and 1 dex. AND if im right a Dedue, Felix,Ferdinand and Bernadette with their skill wants, all skills will be covered no matter what house you pick minus swords. This is my bet on these last few characters.

Unfortunately, no.

But I wanted to pick out one screenshot from the 4chan leaker. It's a shot of their Byleth on the same Raphael/Ignatz Paralogue from the E3 Treehouse presentation. (I've blacked out one item that as yet is not published knowledge.) They're playing Black Eagles and have already recruited Raphael. Not too many missions later they have recruited Felix and Leonie as well.

FETH42.thumb.jpg.369445d529cfdf2e2dbd1f230766e61e.jpg

As at Treehouse, we see Byleth with the -3 weight reduction that you get from training Armour. The interesting thing to me is that they've managed to get their Byleth to a degree in Armour and Lances where they could recruit Raph and Leonie while in a Sword Proficient class (Mercenary). This signals that it shouldn't be too hard to end up with two Skills at sufficient level to recruit, and that said level might just be around a C.

Oof, that’s not reassuring. At level 20, and they have only one stat at a good rank to recruit (unsure if CHA counts as it appears to be boosted) and authority and lances anywhere near anyone’s prerequisites. Maybe they focused on heavy armor too? At any rate, I feel it might be a tad impossible to recruit only a handful at once. 

That doesn't look promising, attempting to recruit a character that wants Strength and one that wants Magic might be a mission impossible, especially if you want someone else in the meantime, too.

At least Dexterity seems to grow evenly with the other stats (that's a frequently asked one IIRC), but man I'll be sad if I can't get both Marianne and Leonie (and Sylvain and Ingrid too, that might be a bit much eh).

Strength is Byleth’s greatest stat at 13, others are pretty low though. I don’t imagine getting his STR high enough is the problem, it’ll be knowledge in the skills quickly enough. 

I hope it isn't the case, but it appears you might have to spend *alot* of ones free time to boosting Byleth’s skills to nab more than three other students. 

No, but if the 4chan leaker could raise a Mercenary Byleth's Armour enough to recruit Raph, you should be able to get their Reason/Faith high enough to switch into Mage for a bit before the timeskip.

But you probably couldn't do more than two of Reason/Faith/Armour/Riding/Flying until New Game+.

17 minutes ago, LSM said:

No, but if the 4chan leaker could raise a Mercenary Byleth's Armour enough to recruit Raph, you should be able to get their Reason/Faith high enough to switch into Mage for a bit before the timeskip.

But you probably couldn't do more than two of Reason/Faith/Armour/Riding/Flying until New Game+.

Do we have any confirmation of what New Game+ will entail? As in, do we know for sure that stats will carry over?

23 minutes ago, traineroflegend said:

Do we have any confirmation of what New Game+ will entail? As in, do we know for sure that stats will carry over?

We only know that your professor level carries over, and it appears that you'll have access to costumes/post time skip models as well, going by that video of the golden deer.

So while your stats probably won't carry over (b/c then you'd be too op compared to everyone else), you have more points to spend and raise your levels.

19 hours ago, LSM said:

Now that there are major leaks for the game, does anyone not avoiding them want to dive in and see if they can find out what's what?

Do we know how to get the remaining people like Bernie

@LSM (minor spoiler from text dump)

Spoiler

Hubert and Dedue are confirmed unrecruitable as they have no cross path ending unlike everyone else, including Hilda. So the main 3 plus Hubert and Dedue are not recruitable on other paths

in this leaker's video, they try to recruit Felix, who wants Speed and Sword. 

They also just recruited Shamir in that monastery visit ~40min mark, their Byleth is level 16. 

edit: maybe this was obvious, but it looks like the monastery workers can only be recruited once you've progressed through the story far enough in addition to Byleth needing to be high enough level, so no powerleveling Byleth to get an early Wyvern Lord. Shamir and Cyril were introduced together at the end of a chapter, yet there was no option to recruit Cyril like with Shamir. Catherine and Alois are also unrecruitable at this time.

Edited by throwaway

25 minutes ago, throwaway said:

in this leaker's video, they try to recruit Felix, who wants Speed and Sword. 

They also just recruited Shamir in that monastery visit ~40min mark, their Byleth is level 16. 

edit: maybe this was obvious, but it looks like the monastery workers can only be recruited once you've progressed through the story far enough in addition to Byleth needing to be high enough level, so no powerleveling Byleth to get an early Wyvern Lord. Shamir and Cyril were introduced together at the end of a chapter, yet there was no option to recruit Cyril like with Shamir. Catherine and Alois are also unrecruitable at this time.

Welp I might as well stop guessing now, as im off the road it seems lol. Thanks for the info mate!

I didn't know where else to post this, however I spent a bit of time working out what characters are the best to recruit, in order to fill out the support library the fastest, by house.

BE:

Spoiler

From BL:

-Felix

-Ashe

-Sylvain

From GD:

-Lorenz

-Lysithea

-Leonie

BL:

Spoiler

From BE:

-Linhardt

-Bernadetta

-Dorothea

From GD:

-Raphael

-Lysithea

-Marianne

GD:

Spoiler

From BE:

-Ferdinand

-Casper

-Petra

From BL:

-Mercedes

-Annette

-Ingrid

The only support left out that you would have to do another run for is Sylvain and Hilda.

Of coarse attempting to do this would probably be very difficult, however it's a challenge worth tackling if you wanna fill the support library like myself.

Spoiler

According to this thread on Reddit Leonie and Sylvain have alternative recruit requirements outside of the Stat+Weapon Level.

Leonie - Play M!Byleth
Sylvain - Play F!Byleth

This is only shown in a clip for Sylvain but as they have mirrored personal abilities it would make sense.

5 minutes ago, Rakath said:
  Hide contents

According to this thread on Reddit Leonie and Sylvain have alternative recruit requirements outside of the Stat+Weapon Level.

Leonie - Play M!Byleth
Sylvain - Play F!Byleth

This is only shown in a clip for Sylvain but as they have mirrored personal abilities it would make sense.

Spoiler

According to someone who is actually playing the game, the Leonie one is bogus. The Sylvain one appears to be real but idk tbh