Known Character Recruiting Demands [Completed*]

LSM

11 hours ago, xchickengirlx said:

Wow that redditor was able to recruit THAT many students from other houses by ch7? Impressive.

Well I feel like I can rest a little easier now about trying to recruit Linhardt first and then Caspar for my GD playthrough, who I know are complete opposites with their recruitment requirements. I was starting to have anxiety over it, because of other folks commenting on how difficult it might be for a Byleth to recruit a magic user.

So for recruiting characters who need magic and reason, I guess making Byleth a monk is no longer a good way about doing it then huh? And going to Rhea’s seminars may not be the best way either? Because those are tips I saw suggested in another thread here about recruiting.

It could still be useful to have Byleth as a monk. You won't have an increase to magic, but it would allow you to raise reason during battles, which is the best way to raise skills for Byleth

9 hours ago, Mmicb0b said:

so how does this work

Edit Ok reading that Reddit post RN

EDIT #2 Ok so correct me if I'm wrong(I'm asking this on the FE Reddit too) but say I wanted to recruit Mercedes on Black Eagles I just need to train until Bows/Magic till I can get her and if she says no keep training until she says yes?(just using her as an example though I definitely will be trying to recruit her on Black Eagles/Golden Deer)

Basically yes. You could also work to increase your support levels with her, which would decrease the skill and stat requirements

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just sharing some data points.

I was able to recruit:

- Ashe B support D spear (unknown charisma, will check later but average)

- Dorothea C support C authority

- Shanir and Catherine at level 15ish (was 16 or 17 at time)

I was not able to recruit Bernadette with B support, E+ bow, and 20 str.

It's looking like B support + D rank works. Maybe C with C rank. Definitely not foolproof and requires more testing but I hope this helps others!

39 minutes ago, Julian said:

Just sharing some data points.

I was able to recruit:

- Ashe B support D spear (unknown charisma, will check later but average)

- Dorothea C support C authority

- Shanir and Catherine at level 15ish (was 16 or 17 at time)

I was not able to recruit Bernadette with B support, E+ bow, and 20 str.

It's looking like B support + D rank works. Maybe C with C rank. Definitely not foolproof and requires more testing but I hope this helps others!

How do you know what level support you have with other house units?

Great! Given I don't have to give Eldegard any kills I might get Catherine (and Shamir) pretty soon. 

BTW do we know whether Flame Emperor has its own set of stats? 

Edited by Tenzen12

I'm leaving my data here since I tinkered around with... extra methods.

Test 1: Raphael - 74 strength, B support, E Heavy Armor: No luck

Test 2a: Leonie - 74 strength, C support, D lance: No Luck

Test 2b: Leonie - 21 Strength, C Support, D+ Lance: Recruited

Test 3a: Dorothy - 20 Charisma, No support, C+ Authority: No luck

Test 3b: Dorothy - 20 Charisma, C Support, C+ Authority: Recruited

Test 3b: Dorothy - 21 Charisma, No support, C+ Authority: No luck

I tried to raise my Cha higher, but after 8 tea times of not getting more Cha, I give up. Cha is hell.

Theory based on findings - I think there's a baseline on the weapon skill that you need to hit for them to be interested. The stat requirement is reduced by supports. Of course this could vary by characters them self too. Who knows.

(Edit)

Test 4a: Hilda: 21 Cha, D Axe, C Support = rather interested.

Test 4b: Hilda: 21 Cha, D+ Axe, C Support = rather interested.

Test 4c: Hilda: 21 Cha, D+ Axe, B Support = Join

Test 4d: Hilda: 21 Cha, D Axe, B Support = Join

Test 4e: Hilda: 20 Cha, D+ Axe, B support = rather interested

Edited by Caith

• 2 weeks later...

So like other things, does the game lock in if a student is available to join via Recruit at the start of the day?

I tried testing with save scumming, I have Dexterity at 22, and Magic at 18, Petra (Dex/Riding) and Marianne (Magic/Riding) at C-support.  Riding was at D when I started the day, did 3x Faculty Trainings (Chapter 5, Jeralt, Gilbert, and Hanneman) to bump it to D+, but it didn't let them join (though Petra did say interested).

I'm doing Normal mode trying to recruit everyone, those are the last two I have left, haha.

47 minutes ago, Jacien said:

I tried testing with save scumming, I have Dexterity at 22, and Magic at 18, Petra (Dex/Riding) and Marianne (Magic/Riding) at C-support.  Riding was at D when I started the day, did 3x Faculty Trainings (Chapter 5, Jeralt, Gilbert, and Hanneman) to bump it to D+

The most conservative theory for C support requirement would at C from what I notice. Of course, you could still try bumping their support points as well. 

4 hours ago, Ririn said:

The most conservative theory for C support requirement would at C from what I notice. Of course, you could still try bumping their support points as well. 

So here's my results of both things.  Stats didn't change for the second attempt, but I had enough support points to unlock B-rank.

Attempt on 8/24 after raising Riding to D+ via 3x Faculty Training

Spoiler

Then next video is a successful recruiting, no change in stats or level, on 9/7. BUT. With her birthday Tea Party on the same day, she reached the B-rank support threshold before Exploration started.

I just noticed in the previous one it was the prompt of she was interested in joining. Hmm.

Spoiler

And hey, just noticed the trend that every month students/faculty go up 2 levels per month. So on July - Level 7. August - Level 9. September Level 11. And so on. I'm behind the party on catching on to these things haha.

Oh and Marianne still doesn't want to join, haha. Gotta raise the Support and/or Magic quickly.

EDIT: Got Marianne to join by pumping her full of gifts to make her B-support ready, and as long as you didn't use the Recruit option yet for the day, it'll work (if it says they were showing interest).

I recorded a video her of me saving, talking to her seeing she showed an interest, reloading the save, giving her the favorite gifts and when I saw B-support was ready, I tried it then and it worked.  Very nice

Spoiler

So to reiterate, it confirms to me that the game doesn't lock if the student will join or not upon starting the day.  it checks upon choosing Recruit. So you can save scum it.  Like if it says they're showing interest, reload and pump em full of gifts to get that support points up.

Edited by Jacien

4 hours ago, Jacien said:

Got Marianne to join by pumping her full of gifts to make her B-support ready, and as long as you didn't use the Recruit option yet for the day, it'll work (if it says they were showing interest).

Wow, I wish I had known this before. I figured it was impossible to poach a student in time for the Dancer quest once I had received it, since I hadn’t developed a single C support outside my own house. 

Ferdinand is probably the "hardest" character to recruit because you need at least D+ in Heavy Armor since his B support is timegated, and getting D+ Heavy Armor is very hard outside of Faculty Training, no seminars for it and well you kinda need to make your character an Armor Knight and it's not super easy to begin with with E Heavy Armor. Adding the fact that Heavy Armor training is only available from Alois IIRC.

That requirement is garbage. The only other gated B support is Caspar but Brawling is easy to raise.

Edited by Vyniea
Clarity

Something I just realized and it's bugging me. Folks have been saying that since Ferdinand's B-support is in Part 2, you need higher stats.

But using my Marianne example in the vid above, I didn't fully unlock the B-support, I just got enough Support points to get to it, then she joined.

Could it be that the stat requirements looks more at Support points, instead of actual unlocked rank? Because if so, if you could get the pending B-rank to show and give the message "It'll take some time before you can deepen this bond", I feel like the same logic would apply.

53 minutes ago, Jacien said:

Something I just realized and it's bugging me. Folks have been saying that since Ferdinand's B-support is in Part 2, you need higher stats.

But using my Marianne example in the vid above, I didn't fully unlock the B-support, I just got enough Support points to get to it, then she joined.

Could it be that the stat requirements looks more at Support points, instead of actual unlocked rank? Because if so, if you could get the pending B-rank to show and give the message "It'll take some time before you can deepen this bond", I feel like the same logic would apply.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it works that way. Also I think it might consider "inbetween" support points, even if you don't unlock the rank. I remember getting Leonie after some flowers gift, but B support didn't unlock (and I mean it didn't unlock, I know it's not available to see up until a certain point).

After all we've seen "inbetween" points matter in other circumstances, for example for Paired Endings, or even something completely different, eg. class certification odds increase even if you just gain exp in a skill level without gaining an actual rank.

I see the recruitment data was updated on the site.

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/characters/recruitment/

Catherine being at Chapter 4 seems off to me, because the prompt wasn't first available until Chapter 5. I'm way over-leveled, and I've been taking notes when each one is first available (Blue Lions).

Here is my photo of when I recruited Catherine. It's Chapter 5, when Rodrigue visits.

Spoiler

OB8ebcV.png

Also, the Students saying they're available starting at Chapter 2 is a bit hmm, to me. I need to double check. I know the tutorial prompt is in Chapter 2, but the actual option for Recruit didn't start appearing for me until Chapter 3.

I took screenshots of each student I could to document their stat requirements, my first screenshot is this one with Petra, which is dated after I did The Chapter 2 fight.

Spoiler

e3yMfE4.png

EDIT: Now I know why the Marianne recruit worked.  Because I fed her those Gifts, and B-support was ready, she was actually in the C+ range, which reduced the requirement for Riding from C to D+.

Edited by Jacien