Known Character Recruiting Demands [Completed*]

LSM

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Azz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

According to someone who is actually playing the game, the Leonie one is bogus. The Sylvain one appears to be real but idk tbh

Spoiler

I've heard it speculated that this is a Black eagles only thing, to make up for certain events later on in that route.

Can anyone confirm if Cyril is recruitable post skip on all routes? Related spoiler below...

Spoiler

I know the Church loyalists leave if you side with Edelgard, but I'm not sure if that includes Cyril and Shamir. Would like to know so I can plan accordingly. Just a yes or no, please!

With Byleth's revealed Growth Rates, recruiting characters who want Magic might be an issue. 35% isn't great, and there aren't any growth boosting classes for Magic until level 10.

2 hours ago, Druplesnubb said:

What about Monk?

According to the datamined classes, it doesn't improve Magic growth. The +2 Magic skill you get from Mastering it might help though. I don't know if Recruitment takes buffs and skills into account.

According to this comment on reddit recruiting is not that hard: https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/chj6gh/i_want_to_join_the_blue_lions_and_try_recruiting/euu6wy9/

tl;dr: requirements are not that hard to get, the guy's got Ashe, Sylvain (free for F!Byleth), Annette, Ingrid, Ignatz, Lysithia, Marianne, and Leonie and is on chapter 7 in hard/classic (no free grind). He's admittedly denied a bit his other students, but nothing too crazy, so really if you want to get 3-4 characters it's going to be easy. Supports seem to make a BIG difference as well. And he just needed C supports, though according to them "in between" support points matter, even if you don't actually reach B.

Edited by timon

That's a big sigh of relief. I've been planning to mainly keep to the original cast of each house, but I did want Ferdinand and Ingrid for Golden Deer and was a bit let down when finding out that I'd need to somehow train Armour and Flying at the same time.

13 minutes ago, Alexios Blake said:

What about the teachers, do you really only need a certain Level or more?

Apparently there's also a kind of time requirement- so you can't just overlevel Byleth to get them.

Any advice as regard to classes if I want to recruit Marianne and Lysithea to the Blue Lions? Both require magic, so my first guess is monk, which also allows me to up Faith, but then I can't up Riding for Marianne... I guess I'll have to go Cavalier for a short time but the speed modifier sucks.

Also Byleth doesn't have the best Magic growth and Monk doesn't add any. They seem a bit hard to get.

Edited by BaKaDaNaa

Byleths will have trouble early on changing into Monk, as they'd rely on Seminars and Training from fellow professors to raise their Reason/Faith up to D. (They don't get Fire until they hit D in Reason, so you can't even use it in battle until that point). And if you spend your Sunday early on doing that, then you're neglecting other things that might be more useful.

I'd say it's probably a good idea to focus on a physical weapon (that you can just equip and train up immediately) and try to woo any Magic requesters with the power of friendship.

1 minute ago, Arvin said:

Are Faith Offensive spells worth it? I mean besides Nosferatu, are they useful at least?

The level C is effective against Monsters and the B/A are on par with the Black Magic ones (more accuracy but a little less crit or Mt).

10 minutes ago, LSM said:

Byleths will have trouble early on changing into Monk, as they'd rely on Seminars and Training from fellow professors to raise their Reason/Faith up to D. (They don't get Fire until they hit D in Reason, so you can't even use it in battle until that point). And if you spend your Sunday early on doing that, then you're neglecting other things that might be more useful.

I'd say it's probably a good idea to focus on a physical weapon (that you can just equip and train up immediately) and try to woo any Magic requesters with the power of friendship.

So that would be by making gifts and via tea time, right?

Wow that redditor was able to recruit THAT many students from other houses by ch7? Impressive.

Well I feel like I can rest a little easier now about trying to recruit Linhardt first and then Caspar for my GD playthrough, who I know are complete opposites with their recruitment requirements. I was starting to have anxiety over it, because of other folks commenting on how difficult it might be for a Byleth to recruit a magic user.

So for recruiting characters who need magic and reason, I guess making Byleth a monk is no longer a good way about doing it then huh? And going to Rhea’s seminars may not be the best way either? Because those are tips I saw suggested in another thread here about recruiting.

so how does this work

Edit Ok reading that Reddit post RN

EDIT #2 Ok so correct me if I'm wrong(I'm asking this on the FE Reddit too) but say I wanted to recruit Mercedes on Black Eagles I just need to train until Bows/Magic till I can get her and if she says no keep training until she says yes?(just using her as an example though I definitely will be trying to recruit her on Black Eagles/Golden Deer)

Edited by Mmicb0b