What 4th Tier classes do you think will be in Three Houses, if any?

Personally I love the feeling when you promote units in fire emblem games, and it looks like we're in for a real treat with FE:3H as there seem to be many, many class tiers this time...even a suspected tier above "Advanced" shown here (there's a scroll bar on the right which seems to indicate another row below advanced, at least).
Thumbnail

If we do end up getting a "Master" tier then that'd be epic as hell. Would we get dread fighters, true blades, marshals, etc... again? I hope so!!

What I'm thinking with that extra room for classes is it either is a "Master Tier" like a lot of people are suspecting or it's a "DLC" tier.  Though that'd be really annoying if they just openly advertised DLC classes in-game.

1 minute ago, iavasechui said:

XD I want master knight but that is sooooo not likely to ever happen again.

Master Knight was almost as stupidly broken as the Crusader weapons and dancing in that game.

That said, since units in this game can use virtually any weapon class they want anyway (with only some limitations), and with the fact that weapon ranks work so fundamentally different in this game compared to Genealogy's system, Master Knight would not be as OP as it once was.

The Master tier may have traditional promotions that we haven't seen yet for other classes.  Broken down by traditional promotion paths, we have:

• Myrmidon (Beginner) -> Swordmaster (Advanced)
  • Soldier (Beginner) -> ???
  • Fighter (Beginner) -> Warrior (Advanced)
  • Lord (Intermediate) -> ???
  • Mercenary (Intermediate) -> Hero (Advanced)
  • Thief (Intermediate) -> Rogue (Advanced)
  • Armored Knight (Intermediate) -> Fortress (Advanced)
  • Cavalier (Intermediate) -> Paladin (Advanced)
  • Brigand (Intermediate) -> ???
  • Archer (Intermediate) -> Sniper (Advanced)
  • Brawler (Intermediate) -> Grappler (Advanced)
  • Mage (Intermediate) -> Warlock (Advanced)
  • Dark Mage (Intermediate) -> ???
  • Priest (Intermediate) -> Bishop (Advanced)
  • Pegasus Knight (Intermediate) -> ???
  • Wyvern Rider (Advanced) -> ???

I believe the ??? classes will make up the Master tier.  Therefore, I predict the Master tier classes will consist of at least Halberdier, Berserker, Sorcerer, Falcon Knight, Wyvern Lord, and whatever unique promotions the main characters get.

1 minute ago, iavasechui said:

XD I want master knight but that is sooooo not likely to ever happen again.

Calling it right now, Master Knights are going to be a DLC class that specializes in every weapon type.

I want more variety with magic, with how the weapon system works in this game it's not really important to have incredible choice in "normal" classes (if not for looks and stats), but magic is restricted, so I hope there's at least a mage on horse (and hopefully armour and flyer as well).

So far we have 1 class for each movement type in each rank, starting with intermediate. Hopefully in master rank they start combining them with each other and with magic proficiency.

Somewhat likely: Armored rider, magic rider, magic flyer

Less likely: Magic armored, armored flyer???

29 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

The Master tier may have traditional promotions that we haven't seen yet for other classes.  Broken down by traditional promotion paths, we have:

I believe the ??? classes will make up the Master tier.  Therefore, I predict the Master tier classes will consist of at least Halberdier, Berserker, Sorcerer, Falcon Knight, Wyvern Lord, and whatever unique promotions the main characters get.

Calling it right now, Master Knights are going to be a DLC class that specializes in every weapon type.

29 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

From what we have seen so far class changing doesn't provide a major boots to your stats and we know that levels won't reset the advance classes should still be able to keep up with the master classes to an extent especially if they get a good skill from mastering that class. Also have you noticed that none of the advance class require an A rank in lances to promote? It is possible that master class is made up of those missing classes especially since their is no great lord class.  

i hope for some mixed classes, with both magic and physical weapons, such as master knights, mage fighters and mage knights

it appears that magic is locked to magic classes (duh), but i don't know if such classes can wield physical weapons as well, so i don't really know what to think

Edited by Yexin

9 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I thought that was Warlock?

We have Dark Bishop and Warlock.

Dark Bishop can only be obtained if the unit has Dark Mage unlocked.

11 minutes ago, Nio said:

We have Dark Bishop and Warlock.

Dark Bishop can only be obtained if the unit has Dark Mage unlocked.

10 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

There's both. Dark Bishop was revealed on the website.

I was not aware of that.  Also, what I referred to as Rogues actually seem to be Assassins.  Makes sense since they appear to specialize in Swords and Bows.

And while I'm at it, I appear to have forgotten Monks among the Beginner classes.  Maybe their traditional promotion is Bishop as well?

EDIT: Now that I can get a good look at all of the Beginner and Advanced classes on the Japanese website, my predictions feel a little shaky.  I'm going to look through them all and see if I can compile this information into one easy page.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

I'm still, more or less, on the same page that the fourth level classes will be some combination of these, although less sure on some based on a revised thought process due to looking at exactly how classes work. (Thus the following is an edited version of a previous post.)

On 6/27/2019 at 4:39 AM, Rakath said:

So, to me, the impact that the Weapon Proficiency system gives is that Master Classes need not be weapon specialized, simply answering three questions:
1. Does it have a specialized movement type (Flyer, Armor, Mounted).
2. Does it cast spells.
3. Does it have some utility function on a team.
4. Edit - Is there some game defining brokenness if this class existed a tier earlier.

So with that I came up with 15 standard classes (3 male only, 3 female only, 9 not locked with gender). I'm not bothering with House leader or Byleth locked classes as those will probably exist but they don't enter too heavily in game balance. House leaders are meant to be dope. Each of these probably has their own Astra/Lethality type Skill on them, but again I don't see the need to specify unique versions of 'kill them dead' by weapon when weapons are for anyone.

Cavalry - Gold Knight Great Knight, Dark Knight (Male only), Valkyrie (Female only).

As we're without any weapon locks, Gold Knights are serving as Gold Knight, Silver Knight, Paladin, Bow Knight, and Great Knight all at once. If it's a non-magic, non-gauntlet weapon they use it and use it well. With a massively high move stat paired with all around decent physical stats. The Dark Knight being male-only is payoff to Dark Mage being male locked, letting a mounted cavalry use Reason + Physical weapons. With Valkyrie playing female only (as is historically the case), using Faith + Physical as its set-up. (Edit: I replaced Gold Knight, which was just 'better Paladin' with Great Knight, which is armored Cavalry. As that would have somewhat more impact in gameplay.)

Flying - Falco Knight (Female only), Dark Flyer (Female only), Wyvern Lord.

Peg Knight is a locked class, you surprised I made the call that if its a feathery horse it only likes ladies? Dark Flyer gives you a place to put a lady with a focus on Reason magic. Falco Knights are physical only this time (no staves/Faith). And Wyvern Lord is naturally just a big ol' physical monster to fly in with.

Armors - Marshall Baron, Great Knight

I thought about a second armor that uses magic, but honestly the balance on just having a goddamn walking wall of defense seems like the sort of they they wouldn't undo by offering an armor with magic on them. Nice, simple, shiniest armor. Edit: Shiniest Armor is a bit redundant being so close to Third Tier's Fortress, so now I have Baron as 'Armor that uses magic.'

Mages - Saint, Sorcerer, War Priest, God Hand (Male only).

Saint and Sorcerer are meant to be purely Magic users by stat, you can give them weapons but why would you. War Priest is our battle cleric, you can convincingly give them a physical weapon and not feel bad, but they're not meant to be overpowering in the strength department. God Hand is the final level of 'Fisticuffs specialization' men that is the Grappler, giving them access to Faith magic to make them special. (Edit: I'm not sold on my own cleverness with a Gauntlet+Faith specialization, and that Gauntlets will just end in Berserker.)

Infantry - Blademaster, Berserker (Male only), Whisper, Marksman

Berserker is the other heavily protected class just for dudes who hate shirts. I figure having this be the pure might apex of the Hero being male only makes as much sense as anything. Blademaster serves as Trueblade/Sentinel/Reaver. Doing all the high Dexterity weapon stuff for whatever weapon you give them. Whisper and Marksman could be put together as one class? But I figure leaving the Archer path to 'extra range' and the Thief path of 'extra utility' separate is more interesting for team comps.

Other - Singer/Bard, Manakete, Unique promotions.

I figured that Manakete will be a special character who is outside the overall structure of teaching things, and only joins the battle in the War Phase. Singer/Bard is probably a similarly locked special thing if its in. Although it might be neat if it was just a skill you can teach to one of your characters and not interrupt their class (for better stats). And I already mentioned I figure Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude have unique classes to shift into, but what makes them special I'll not try to guess at now. 

I agree with @Rakath's methodology, except that I don't think Berserkers would be male-only as we've seen woman used as the Fighter/Brigand examples a lot.

I've also seen others point out that the information display in battle doesn't seem to have a place for more than one Movement Skill at a time (so Great Knights being Armoured and Riding might not be a thing) and that the recent Overview video saying "over 30 classes!" probably means that the final number will come in under 40.

3 minutes ago, LSM said:

I agree with @Rakath's methodology, except that I don't think Berserkers would be male-only as we've seen woman used as the Fighter/Brigand examples a lot.

I've also seen others point out that the information display in battle doesn't seem to have a place for more than one Movement Skill at a time (so Great Knights being Armoured and Riding might not be a thing) and that the recent Overview video saying "over 30 classes!" probably means that the final number will come in under 40.

In my defense historically Pirate(Barbarian)/Berserker is one of the three most protected classes (with Peg Knight/Falco Knight and Troubador/Valkyrie). I agree that Fighter/Warrior isn't being protected in this game (like it was in Awakening, as the other gender locked class), but between Hero and Gauntlet Specialties being Male-locked, Berserker is probably also male locked. I'd love it if it wasn't, because reclassing Edelgard into Beserker all day every day would be my dream.

As for movement types, if there's no interface for Mounted Armor then it might just be a class that requires levels in armor to get it, and then just has some stupidly high base/growth in Def.

And, yes, I've been concerned about total class count being somewhere in the 35-40 range as well, since that. However "Over 30 classes" coincides with "We know exactly 30 classes" so there's a small margin for higher in the base game (but I'm not holding my breath, a lot of my Tier 4 classes that are just better versions of Tier 3 classes could be cut for that reason. Like Saint/Sorcerer.)

I’m trying to be optimistic and think the 30+ is more a “there’s 30 currently known but there is definitely more coming” rather than a “we’re saying 30+ because there is less than 40.” I just can’t see them boiling master tier down to so few classes especially with the number of classes per tier either getting higher or staying the same so far. 

18 minutes ago, RevenantKnight said:

I’m trying to be optimistic and think the 30+ is more a “there’s 30 currently known but there is definitely more coming” rather than a “we’re saying 30+ because there is less than 40.” I just can’t see them boiling master tier down to so few classes especially with the number of classes per tier either getting higher or staying the same so far. 

I agree, especially since it's not taking into consideration unique classes for the Lords. Even assuming that they all share a class (which they probably won't, considering that they each specialize in a different weapon and movement type), that would mean there would be a maximum of 8 normal Master tier classes. If they do each have their own classes, than there could be no more than 6.

41 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

I agree, especially since it's not taking into consideration unique classes for the Lords. Even assuming that they all share a class (which they probably won't, considering that they each specialize in a different weapon and movement type), that would mean there would be a maximum of 8 normal Master tier classes. If they do each have their own classes, than there could be no more than 6.

Plus a unique class for Byleth, manakete for Sothis, possibly Rhea, and any other Sanaki/Walhart/Pelleas type characters that join with a unique class. I think there will either be around 12 master classes as there are 12 intermediate and advanced, or it will expand to 14-16 tbh. Especially considering that most everything we have seen about advanced classes has been pre-timeskip I can’t see them only giving us access to such few classes post-timeskip. 

So looking at the growth diagrams for the Advanced classes make me think all of them are 'final' forms for their particular lines. The only ones where that might not be the case are Hero and Grappler. As whatever stat defines that class (classically in other games) is capped out in their respective diagrams. The Paladin's max movement, Swordmaster's max speed, and so on. The rule I'm kinda following here is "You can't go past the maximum on a definitive stat."

Meaning I'm leaning more toward the idea that Tier 4 is only specialized units, in the line of special Lord promotes for each of the house leaders. Classes that are outliers on the system as a whole (Singer and Manakete). Or units that would require some hoops in-game to reach (Mounted mages, Ballistician) simply for game balance. Because Canto + Magic is dumb and we should remember that. Another unit I'd put up there is Trickster/Adventurer if their class skills include Acrobat. Because ignoring terrain costs is dumb.

Another thing is I figure certain DLC classes in the past might be DLC classes added here too. Dread Fighter (Although Dread Fighter could just be- where Hero and Grappler are aiming).

1 minute ago, Rakath said:

So looking at the growth diagrams for the Advanced classes make me think all of them are 'final' forms for their particular lines. The only ones where that might not be the case are Hero and Grappler. As whatever stat defines that class (classically in other games) is capped out in their respective diagrams. The Paladin's max movement, Swordmaster's max speed, and so on. The rule I'm kinda following here is "You can't go past the maximum on a definitive stat."

Meaning I'm leaning more toward the idea that Tier 4 is only specialized units, in the line of special Lord promotes for each of the house leaders. Classes that are outliers on the system as a whole (Singer and Manakete). Or units that would require some hoops in-game to reach (Mounted mages, Ballistician) simply for game balance. Because Canto + Magic is dumb and we should remember that. Another unit I'd put up there is Trickster/Adventurer if their class skills include Acrobat. Because ignoring terrain costs is dumb.

Another thing is I figure certain DLC classes in the past might be DLC classes added here too. Dread Fighter (Although Dread Fighter could just be- where Hero and Grappler are aiming).

They might just be at the maximum because they aren't going to reveal any 4th tier classes before the release. As for Singer and Manakete, they would probably be considered "Special" classes like Noble and Commoner.

I hope just a wider variety of magic units that can also wield weapons. I know magic classes can wield weapons, but they have such low Str caps, that I assume it would be useless. I want some physically able magic classes like Grandmaster and I want some mobile magic classes like Dark Flier (hopefully a dragon this time) and Dark Knight. 

So we shall see. But I'm assuming unique promotions for sure for the Lords and Byleth. And hopefully Dread Fighter isn't locked behind DLC. Haha.